AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 17:29   Link #2601
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Male shep is doesn't exsist anymore. XD every news page i see about mass effect 3 has fem shep.

I would play femshep, if default shep look like she did in the CGI trailer -_- but sadly /shiver NOPE!
I would play female shep, except Tali isn't interested in her.
Seriously, Tali is interested in someone who is not just of a different species, but of opposing Amino acds. Why would gender matter at that point?
Old 2012-03-24, 17:32   Link #2602
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Same reason why garrus isn't. Why is it bad for a character to be straight no matter what? there are two gay only characters. So straight only characters shouldn't be left out.
Old 2012-03-24, 17:41   Link #2603
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Same reason why garrus isn't. Why is it bad for a character to be straight no matter what? there are two gay only characters. So straight only characters shouldn't be left out.
I am not questioning that... I am questioning the logic of gender preference when by all accounts, what is considered "attractive male quarian" likely has little to do with a human male. I understand why they did this, it's just a slightly illogical point.

It's like how can you tell the difference between a male and female Krogan without hearing them speak? And we don't even know what Turian females look like.
Old 2012-03-24, 17:47   Link #2604
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am not questioning that... I am questioning the logic of gender preference when by all accounts, what is considered "attractive male quarian" likely has little to do with a human male. I understand why they did this, it's just a slightly illogical point.

It's like how can you tell the difference between a male and female Krogan without hearing them speak? And we don't even know what Turian females look like.
He's just butthurt like all those DA2 fans that raged because Anders hit on them.
Old 2012-03-24, 17:59   Link #2605
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
He's just butthurt like all those DA2 fans that raged because Anders hit on them.
Some of us just plain like Tali, and would like to be able to romance her regardless of the gender of our Commander Shepard. Some of us prefer playing femSheps, and being unable to have a romance with the teammate we like the most is saddening.

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2012-03-24 at 19:12.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:18   Link #2606
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Some of us just plain like Tali, and would like to be able to romance her regardless of the gneder of our Commander Shepard. Some of us prefer playing femSheps, and being unable to have a romance with the teammate we like the most is saddening.
Oh I agree with this, and Vallen's reasoning makes sense.
Old 2012-03-24, 18:32   Link #2607
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It didn't annoy me as much as his new personality

Turning tali and garrus bi in the last game would be silly. Kinda still wonna know why kaiden is bbi now and ash isn't. @_@ I guess they figured ash is dead in everyones play through
Old 2012-03-24, 19:56   Link #2608
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
I guess they figured ash is dead in everyones play through
Actually, according to Bioware's data, most people killed Kaidan. Now, it's anyone's choice to believe them, anyway...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 21:03   Link #2609
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Actually, according to Bioware's data, most people killed Kaidan. Now, it's anyone's choice to believe them, anyway...
Those who don't play ME1 end up sacrificing the squad member of the same sex on Virmire, and the game assumes you romanced the living one in ME1. So if the majority of ME3 players play a male Shepard (which is the most common choice) and never played ME1, they'll end up with Ashley alive.

Femsheps will end up with Kaidan alive if they didn't play ME1.

Storywise if you've played the Virmire mission it makes more sense to leave Kaidan behind because going back to get him would mean doubling back when there's a big fucking bomb about to go off.
Old 2012-03-24, 21:06   Link #2610
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Exactly. I played ME1 multiple times, both as male and female Shepard, and I always sacrificed poor Kaidan, even when I did romance him. Sucks, I know... It was quite a shock seeing him alive in ME3, when I had to roll a vanilla femShep - since the game didn't recognize her save.

Old 2012-03-24, 21:11   Link #2611
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Exactly. I played ME1 multiple times, both as male and female Shepard, and I always sacrificed poor Kaidan, even when I did romance him. Sucks, I know... It was quite a shock seeing him alive in ME3, when I had to roll a vanilla femShep - since the game didn't recognize her save.
The game recognizes the save, it just doesn't transfer the face over. And that bug's been patched out apparently.
Old 2012-03-24, 21:17   Link #2612
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Not on my PS3, it didn't. Still doesn't, actually. BroShep was fine, actually - the multiple saves with all the love interests, even.
It goes to show how much they care about that portion of the fanbase... Sony may have gotten hold of the franchise, based on their relationship with EA, but they didn't get much in terms of post-care, that's for sure.

Old 2012-03-24, 22:07   Link #2613
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Storywise if you've played the Virmire mission it makes more sense to leave Kaidan behind because going back to get him would mean doubling back when there's a big fucking bomb about to go off.
Really?

Maybe I forgot how the whole thing played out, but in my mind, I saved Kaidan instead of Ashley because ensuring the fucking bomb detonation was the priority at the time, and saving Kaidan was just the bonus that came with it because he was the bomb man.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 22:45   Link #2614
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Untrue. You can choose ahead of time which party member goes with the Salarians and which one will stay behind to activate the bomb. I always sent Kaidan with the Salarians, thus he was the one I saved when I didn't want to double back. A few times I did double back and saved Ashley instead.
Old 2012-03-24, 22:53   Link #2615
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Untrue. You can choose ahead of time which party member goes with the Salarians and which one will stay behind to activate the bomb. I always sent Kaidan with the Salarians, thus he was the one I saved when I didn't want to double back. A few times I did double back and saved Ashley instead.
Oh whoops I forgot you had a choice there, too.
Old 2012-03-24, 22:54   Link #2616
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Its pretty clear that it doesn't matter who's doing what, its going back to the bomb that's bad.
Old 2012-03-24, 22:57   Link #2617
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Its pretty clear that it doesn't matter who's doing what, its going back to the bomb that's bad.
Also doesn't really matter. Either way, whoever you go to will live, whoever you don't go to will die. The same basic events play out no matter whether you go back to save the bomb person or go forward to save whoever you sent with the Salarians.
Old 2012-03-24, 23:43   Link #2618
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
And you are punished for going back to the bomb. Because if you go back, the Salarians die, and as such you lose some war assets in ME3.

Ashley is meant to guard the bomb IMO, as she got an extra cinematic in her last stand.
Old 2012-03-24, 23:49   Link #2619
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And you are punished for going back to the bomb. Because if you go back, the Salarians die, and as such you lose some war assets in ME3.

Ashley is meant to guard the bomb IMO, as she got an extra cinematic in her last stand.
Kaiden got the very same cinematic if you have him guard the bomb too.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 00:22   Link #2620
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Personaly I think its the problem of the possibility of buying game credits with Bioware points.... in demo this system was not active so less laggy... less problems... but full game has this option so it has to check if you have credits in points and I guess here is where the problem is...

I would be glad if they just removed this bioware points system in ingame store option and leave only buy via owned credits... faster the process and less laggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
you might want to check your equipment. the store was laggy for me and when i restarted it had bought the gear packs i was trying to get and credits correctly ajusted..
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yeah , check your equipment , it happened to me too.
Yeah it seems that I did get something but just couldn't see. I tested it out and I got a Krogan Sentinel which I remember not having.
Now I just need my Salarian Infiltrator, the first character I got from the demo and my favorite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Did you say fix it?

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...amer-concerns/

Yet, it's still questionable if Bioware even said they were going to fix it.
Well I heard that they are not changing but rather clarify and add closure. I mean really I would at least like to know what happened to all the characters and the state of the galaxy.

Tags
effect, games, mass