AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 20:23   Link #8121
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
but we are suppose to punish him not reward him.
That why I suggested a Yaoi convention, he hate that kind of material.
Old 2012-08-17, 20:24   Link #8122
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
That why I suggested a Yaoi convention, he hate that kind of material.
but it is full of girls.

i think a trap convention might be better.
Old 2012-08-17, 20:33   Link #8123
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They'd likely kill him for blasphamy and attempting to convert them.
Old 2012-08-17, 22:00   Link #8124
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

It will probably at least take 1 hour to finish the takeoff.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 00:23   Link #8125
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
going to sent SH to a Turkish prison?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDF0at7sC0M&t=3m50s
Old 2012-08-18, 00:31   Link #8126
Sumeragi
Banned

If video game makers were your friends.....

Related article
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 08:58   Link #8127
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Japanese boy band SMAP's 20 years at the top

Congratulations to the group. I first discovered about SMAP when they sang the op of this anime.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-18, 11:41   Link #8128
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
i was thinking more of this

Old 2012-08-18, 11:58   Link #8129
Ridwan

^That has nothing to do with how the disciplinary session will run, which will resemble this legendary scene below :

Spoiler for WARNING! Fair skin inside:

Last edited by Ridwan; 2012-08-18 at 14:14.
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 19:37   Link #8130
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/who-were-th...-20120817.html

So I stumbled upon an article about bad celebs on reality TV and read it. I guess this fits in this thread because reality TV is many things, including "silly" (ridiculous is more like it).

So I'm bringing it up on these forums because I just gotta say, reality TV is total trash and I can't believe many people watch it. Why to people want to see sad and pathetic people and/or scumbags mistreat people, screw up, fail at life, etc.? If you read the article, you'll see that everyone they talked about is 'a real winner' alright.
Old 2012-08-18, 20:01   Link #8131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/who-were-th...-20120817.html

So I stumbled upon an article about bad celebs on reality TV and read it. I guess this fits in this thread because reality TV is many things, including "silly" (ridiculous is more like it).

So I'm bringing it up on these forums because I just gotta say, reality TV is total trash and I can't believe many people watch it. Why to people want to see sad and pathetic people and/or scumbags mistreat people, screw up, fail at life, etc.? If you read the article, you'll see that everyone they talked about is 'a real winner' alright.
I think its purely "bread and circuses" ... a modern version of the Roman arena. It wasn't always gladiators, sometimes it was just the mentally ill or scapegoats getting eaten by tigers.
Old 2012-08-18, 20:41   Link #8132
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think its purely "bread and circuses" ... a modern version of the Roman arena. It wasn't always gladiators, sometimes it was just the mentally ill or scapegoats getting eaten by tigers.
I do know that some Christians in America liken things like reality TV to ancient Roman Colosseum 'entertainment' in how the people behind such shows take people's real life problems, drama, and suffering - and exploit these people so that it is ensured that those things take place - and use it as a means to entertain people. It is something I agree with them on.

The only reality TV show I can think of that is actually good is Extreme Makeover Home Edition, where they will build new houses for those in need of new homes and are suffering terrible misfortunes.
Old 2012-08-18, 21:44   Link #8133
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
The only reality TV show I can think of that is actually good is Extreme Makeover Home Edition, where they will build new houses for those in need of new homes and are suffering terrible misfortunes.
I can't tell for the other version of the show, but Canada's Worse Driver did some good, most of the peoples on that show really needed some help as they were a real menace on the road.
Old 2012-08-18, 22:24   Link #8134
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

These are my opinion the best Reality TV shows i seen.

Dirty Jobs. (Mike Rowe doing the world's dirtiest jobs with the people who do them.)
Deadliest Catch (Crab Fishing in Arctic where there is a chance someone will die on the job.)
Pawn Stars (Selling weird and cool stuff and seeing family ramblings between the owners of the store.)
Old 2012-08-18, 22:39   Link #8135
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I agree, Dirty Jobs is good. Also, it doesn't exploit people. That is what I meant with Extreme Makeover Home Edition. It is good, ethically.
Old 2012-08-19, 03:57   Link #8136
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Also watch Toughest Place to be a... from BBC Two. The show's about veteran professionals from the UK going to another country to do the same job they do at home. Except the jobs at the other countries are worse and much harder. To give you an idea how bad it is, most of these jobs don't have unions, fair pay, basic equipment and help from the government which their UK counterparts do have.
Old 2012-08-19, 04:06   Link #8137
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is also "Holmes on Homes" were a Canadian company corrects mistakes in houses were a previous contractor failed to do whatever it is correctly.
Old 2012-08-19, 08:37   Link #8138
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ayn Rand: Why is she so popular?

Never did understand how Rand's philosophy is popular. While "getting paid well for working hard" is ok, i find the idea it's ok being a selfish person and not caring about others, not.

Seeing how objectivism worked in BioShock, how Atlas Shrugged was one giant Mary Sue fic and objective rant, (which might explain why the movie adaption bombed and we won't be seeing the 2nd part.) and the fact Ayn was a jerkass in real life as she hated anyone who didn't accept or fully accepted her views doesn't help as well.
Old 2012-08-19, 11:08   Link #8139
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Ayn Rand: Why is she so popular?

Never did understand how Rand's philosophy is popular. While "getting paid well for working hard" is ok, i find the idea it's ok being a selfish person and not caring about others, not.

Seeing how objectivism worked in BioShock, how Atlas Shrugged was one giant Mary Sue fic and objective rant, (which might explain why the movie adaption bombed and we won't be seeing the 2nd part.) and the fact Ayn was a jerkass in real life as she hated anyone who didn't accept or fully accepted her views doesn't help as well.
I think you've summed her up quite succinctly. She also quite happily supped off government assistance and had a crush on a serial killer who was her idea of an "ubermensch" (misunderstanding Nietzsche for the lose).

Science tells us humans are socially cooperative species - and as with any such species, the degree of selfishness she espoused would be characterized as a mental illness.
Randism is a 14 year old fantasy sort of thing that completely ignores the problem that not everyone is one the same page. Just as much a fantasy as any other "utopian" idea because it ignores actual human behavior.
Old 2012-08-19, 12:03   Link #8140
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Science tells us humans are socially cooperative species - and as with any such species, the degree of selfishness she espoused would be characterized as a mental illness.
Social cooperation has its cons too. Being too cooperative can lead to the decline of scientific progress as people will not challenge ideas, and also creates a "lazy" society as each of us becomes more and more reliant on others to make up for our flaws instead of learning things for ourselves.

There must be a middling balance between cooperatives and individualism, else we become dogs eating each other, or sheep being led by some dog. Either ways spells disaster for the rest of humanity.

I refuse to cooperate with anyone with regards to claiming lolis! Mine! All mine!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor