AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 22:25   Link #3961
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It...kinda suck that Arsenal have been selling their captains 2 years in a row now. Benefit us, as Liverpool have better chance to push for top 4 now, but then we have that rivalry with United and wishing that it would not happen. Asernal is bloody rich and should have 50 mil to spend every transfer window, rather than sell to buy policy.

What's wrong Asernal, i thought you guys pushing for title push. Just sell him to Juventus for 5 mil cheaper or something T__T

Liverpool, City and Asernal gonna have real tough first 5 games, so won't be surprised if September-October will ruin their seasons (especially Asernal with lots of transfer movement and Liverpool with new boss)
Well, dunno...
Only Gazidis, PHW, Wenger and Kronke knows why Arsenal transfer policy is like that...

van Persie has "attacked" Arsenal's policy...
Usmanov has "attacked" Arsenal's policy...

@bri
Well it is a good business...
But on football terms, that is a wrong move.
Why Arsenal must sell to rivals over years while weaking their own squad??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 07:14   Link #3962
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
@bri
Well it is a good business...
But on football terms, that is a wrong move.
Why Arsenal must sell to rivals over years while weaking their own squad??
Afaik, the debt of the Emirates stadium and a bunch of unsellable players on the wage bill made it impossible to splash enough cash to mount a serious title challenge in recent years.

Arsenal still has massive revenues so when FFP hits the are in a good position to get back to the top. In the mean time securing CL is the most important thing, but it's not strange that top players don't want to hang around waiting for that day, time ticks away for their careers. Arsenal has rarely sold to a team that is direct competition for CL spots.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 07:26   Link #3963
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Since I wasn't a natural talent and chances were slim at the highest level so I opted for education.
With the quality of the Dutch defence you might have been wearing an orange shirt by now if you had decided to go pro.
Old 2012-08-16, 08:03   Link #3964
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
With the quality of the Dutch defence you might have been wearing an orange shirt by now if you had decided to go pro.
Tell me about, Mathijsen and Heitinga are just terrible. There is a bunch of talented youths, but they're in their late teens, early 20s and simply can't physically compete at the highest level yet.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 08:05   Link #3965
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Now Song has been given green light to discuss terms with Barcelona.
I really questioned the board's passion to challenge the title with this kind of move.
Sure we have Giroud and Podolski to cover van Persie's leaving.
But who will cover Song?? Diaby??

@bri
Well discussion regarding Arsenal financial is always the heated one. One side said that there is no problem within Arsenal financial as there are profit from Fabregas and Nasri's sale that never being used except for board's dividend. And another side is like your post.

Who is the right one? Only Arsenal's board knows...

For now on, looks like goonercoaster season 8 is going to continue...
Old 2012-08-16, 09:22   Link #3966
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I heard RVP will cost United 18.5 mil a year (230k weekly wage + 24m/4 years in armortisation). Isn't that almost what costed Chelsea to bring Torres in: 20 mil a year? (200k weekly wage + 50 m/5 years in armortisation)?

I means 24 mil is fairly big deal, but a massive wage seems to be more costly than transferring costs at current rate
Old 2012-08-16, 10:53   Link #3967
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

@Risingstars3110, you're Liverpool?
Old 2012-08-16, 11:01   Link #3968
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It's.... pretty obvious

Actually i'm quite new at European football in general, and followed them because my brother do. Frankly kinda regretted it, wishing i stuck with anime as the only hobby rather than sport

Always have that feeling of wanting the club to be more success. A lost and you want draw, draw and you want win, win and you wish it was by big goal differences, can never really be satisfied watching sports
Old 2012-08-16, 12:29   Link #3969
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

rumor has it that RVP changed his mind after we signed Cazorla and Giroud, but since he released his "statement" and challenged management, we sold him. oh well. we have a better squad than last year, and aren't as reliant on one player this year.

we just need to get rid of some other trash and sign m'vila.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 16:53   Link #3970
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
No need to worry, our new defenders are fine. they just need more time and experience.
Perhaps the next world cup comes a little too soon, but at the next Euro we will have a solid back line.
Old 2012-08-16, 20:10   Link #3971
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
It's.... pretty obvious

Actually i'm quite new at European football in general, and followed them because my brother do. Frankly kinda regretted it, wishing i stuck with anime as the only hobby rather than sport

Always have that feeling of wanting the club to be more success. A lost and you want draw, draw and you want win, win and you wish it was by big goal differences, can never really be satisfied watching sports

You know, i'm AC.Milan..and in 2004-2005...when we lost the Champions league against Liverpool, i cried for two, three days...Liverpool in those days "2004-2005-2006-2007, was really strong...like Ac.Milan...now Berlusconi is going to destroy the AC.Milan...i missed these days.
Old 2012-08-16, 20:48   Link #3972
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
rumor has it that RVP changed his mind after we signed Cazorla and Giroud, but since he released his "statement" and challenged management, we sold him. oh well. we have a better squad than last year, and aren't as reliant on one player this year.

we just need to get rid of some other trash and sign m'vila.
Dont worry, Djorou will be our vice captain this year...

And Liverpool gets to loan Nuri Sahin.
Too bad he wont come to Arsenal...
Does Liverpool add a clausal of chance for permanent buy at the end of the loan??

ADD: Kyle Bartley has joined Swansea on permanent deal. Too bad. This one of my anticipating rising star of Arsenal.
Old 2012-08-16, 22:43   Link #3973
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
You know, i'm AC.Milan..and in 2004-2005...when we lost the Champions league against Liverpool, i cried for two, three days...Liverpool in those days "2004-2005-2006-2007, was really strong...like Ac.Milan...now Berlusconi is going to destroy the AC.Milan...i missed these days.
What happened to you guys recently btw, the last thing i know is AC Milan announced the selling of Ibrahimovic and Silva...

Quote:
Dont worry, Djorou will be our vice captain this year...

And Liverpool gets to loan Nuri Sahin.
Too bad he wont come to Arsenal...
Does Liverpool add a clausal of chance for permanent buy at the end of the loan??

ADD: Kyle Bartley has joined Swansea on permanent deal. Too bad. This one of my anticipating rising star of Arsenal.
I don't think Liverpool will have that clause on permanent deal, unless it's 15-20 mil onward. With Xabi Alonso getting old, and Sahin is a very similar player, Real Madrid may not want to part with Sahin yet.

But you know how Real having much stronger pull, and they can buy the like of Modric for 27m, or Ojil for 10m. So maybe they will be willing to part with Sahin if he show no sight of recovering into a world class player ( that can strengthen them). I wish the Sahin deal would be announced already, don't want to pile up hopes then Arsenal make a last steal right in final minute
Old 2012-08-17, 05:11   Link #3974
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
What happened to you guys recently btw, the last thing i know is AC Milan announced the selling of Ibrahimovic and Silva...
Happened that Berlusconi sold the best central defender in the world, that we don't have any project for the future...we haven't bought any player,to remain competitive at least in Italy...like i said..Berlusconi is going to destroy the AC.Milan...i'm really sad for this..see a glorious football team like AC Milan be resized because one of the richest presidents in the world no longer wants to spend a penny..is just too much for me...i don't Ask to buy Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi...just buy a good player..but nothing..nothing...
Old 2012-08-18, 06:43   Link #3975
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Tonight (or today) is the start of English Premier League.
Hope Arsenal can win their first match without van Persie and Song.

@merilyn mensola
I am not familiar with serie A condition but where is the sale money of Ibra and Silva goes to?
Board's pocket??
Old 2012-08-18, 11:18   Link #3976
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Tonight (or today) is the start of English Premier League.
Hope Arsenal can win their first match without van Persie and Song.

@merilyn mensola
I am not familiar with serie A condition but where is the sale money of Ibra and Silva goes to?
Board's pocket??
L' Arsenal played well, too bad the game ended with a draw...

Yeah, the money are in Berlusconi board's pocket..so he can use them to make a party(I'm referring to his scandals in his home)...damn damn,I'm desperate,.we spent only 4ml for Acerbi..and stop.
Old 2012-08-18, 22:41   Link #3977
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Well Liverpool got it worse, does not really deserve to win, but got thoroughly done for by referee... I means it's never enjoyable to see your team end up with 4 yellow card, 1 red card, 2 penalties, all very soft decisions include:
  • penalty where initial contact outside the box, minimum contact, and ref was 50 m away
  • penalty where defender didn't initiate the contact
.....while the opponents decked every of our striker without seeing one yellow, both in and outside the box.

Just reminded me of the many reasons i regretted watching football: referee is too influential
Old 2012-08-19, 17:51   Link #3978
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
I wish the Sahin deal would be announced already, don't want to pile up hopes then Arsenal make a last steal right in final minute
Looks like that's exactly what's going to happen. Link

I'll miss Song but Sahin is a better play-maker. If Arsene can somehow wrangle, I'd honestly consider the summer transfer period a success.
Old 2012-08-19, 21:30   Link #3979
Azuma Denton
~AD~

This Sahin deals is frustating...

At first Arsenal is closing in loan deals, opting for permanent buy for end of loan. RM do not want... Then Liverpool is trying to steal the deal without permanent buy option. Now Arsenal is stealing the deal again...

Me confused...

@elo the blue
But Arsenal still needs the pure DM role...
At the current moment, only Frimpong fits the description...

On the other hands, Man City opens the league with not so good performance too.
Old 2012-08-20, 02:19   Link #3980
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
@elo the blue
But Arsenal still needs the pure DM role...
At the current moment, only Frimpong fits the description...

On the other hands, Man City opens the league with not so good performance too.
Sahin defended pretty well as well. The only problem with Sahin is: he's from German league, and they always have those (precise) last-minute two feet tackle.... which can be red in the EPL irrelevant to whether his feet touch the opponents or not(depend on ref mood and how much the other guys roll around).

PS: just noticed that both the 2 best deep playmaker in EPL ended up moving to La Liga this summer: Song and Modric

Tags
football, soccer