AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 43 43.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 15.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-18, 19:40   Link #141
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyang View Post
In my opinion, I honestly don't think she even "thought" about who he was [let alone remember that he was level 5]. She was probably thinking more along the lines "F*** THAT GUY KILLED MY CLONE I'M GONA KILL HIM" *exaggerates*.

She was going berserk. She wasn't thinking rationally. You can see her go full out throwing all her power at Accelerator. I'm sure when you utterly want to destroy someone...you couldn't care less who they were. You just want them defeated.

I think the problem is that YOU know he's Accelerator, but SHE doesn't. From her point of view, out of the all the people in this city that she met, NO ONE [except Touma] was able to come out unscathed from her attack. She is Ranked 3 out of 2.3 million people and she's proud of her power. When she can't defeat someone with her power...of course she would be surprised.

Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:

-------Sorry post getting long------

tl;dr: She went berserk. She wanted to kill the guy. She wasn't thinking straight. She doesn't know what Accelerator looks like and has never seen his powers before. She's rank 3 and she's proud of her power that has allowed her to defeat so many people in the past [except Touma, but he's an special case].

Seeing another person [who she doesn't know] be able to deflect her attacks are surprising for her. The audience on the other hand, may or may not know who Accelerator is. How surprised you are depends if you knew who he is and his powers. Mikoto in my opinion, was genuinely surprised and it's justified.

Whether you think it's genuine or not is up to you, I just wanted to explain my point of view of why it's justified and have no mean to cause conflict whatsoever.

----Side Rant----

The problem with a lot of people is that they KNOW who characters are....they KNOW the ending due to outside sources [aka Index series]. Now everyone needs to put their feet in Mikoto's shoes and understand that she knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about ANYTHING. She only knows the stuff of what we've seen in the RAILGUN SERIES and not the Index series.
Like I said, I thought she knew he was Level 5 (but as I said that might not even be the case either) and that she doesn't have to be thinking it rationally in order to not be surprised. So no, that isn't my problem.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 19:47   Link #142
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

As one who knows both Index and Railgun to a certain degree, I think contributing to the Railgun S episode discussions will be a painful experience. Posts get deleted, spoilers get thrown and all kinds of shit happen.

My god, this is like a warzone.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 20:08   Link #143
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Eh. It's because of Accelerators broken ability. Accelerator himself isn't strong, it's his ability to manipulate stuff and re-direct attacks made against him that makes him such a hassle. I'm sure physically he couldn't even stand up to the very athletic Misaka who could kick him to the curb in a straight no powers brawl.
...No kidding?

But since they fight using their powers almost exclusively... sucks for Misaka. She could use that superior athletics of her to try and run for her life if Accelerator ever got serious.

Hm.. now where have I seen that?
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 20:21   Link #144
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
...No kidding?

But since they fight using their powers almost exclusively... sucks for Misaka. She could use that superior athletics of her to try and run for her life if Accelerator ever got serious.

Hm.. now where have I seen that?
Basically, he feels her up. She even shows him how to do the dirty trick by using railroad track.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-05-18 at 20:57.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 20:35   Link #145
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Basically, he feels her up. She even shows him how to do the dirty trick by using railroad track.
Don't you mean railgun?

Also:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=85
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 20:58   Link #146
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I mean the sex tension between them and their bodies are touching. So, the electricity is all over the railroad track.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 21:11   Link #147
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I mean the sex tension between them and their bodies are touching. So, the electricity is all over the railroad track.
Oh, you mean the surprise buttsex?

YEAH!!!

There are a lot of that joke on Facebook .
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 23:42   Link #148
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

What?

He doesn't even take his hands out of his pockets and clearly he has no interest in her in the way since he WAS going to kill her until the clones stopped him. If anything he gets off from dominating others and gloating.

They also weren't touching, that picture is misleading. He was near her, sure, but they never touched.
Don't take everything so seriously.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 23:54   Link #149
aichara

I think that people should stop speculating about Accelerator ability based on this episode. it will just make your argument invalid.

about the picture, they barely touch lol. dont take it too seriously
aichara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 01:18   Link #150
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A rough episode for Mikoto. Sadly in terms of her tactics she might be even worse than the clones in being able to deal with this guy. It's not surprising, when you are that elite amongst the elites relying on your ability to solve problems is natural. The clones are already the underdogs so they fight like it. This had to be a shocking encounter. Touma was a challenge to deal with for Mikoto in the first season, but he never felt like someone impossible to take on. At least Mikoto felt like she could possibly win with the right tactics. Against Accelerator she's dead without the clones stepping in.

It was something watching her just outright snap and go all out. Sadly going all out didn't get her very far. That's not someone she can fight head on.
Old 2013-05-19, 01:35   Link #151
Rydrallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
A rough episode for Mikoto. Sadly in terms of her tactics she might be even worse than the clones in being able to deal with this guy. It's not surprising, when you are that elite amongst the elites relying on your ability to solve problems is natural.
You have a point there. The clone at least tried to detonate a mine under Accelerator's foot after making a guess as to what his powers are. Granted it turned out badly, but it was still a legitimate tactic.

Mikoto on the other hand used her railgun after witnessing the rail tracks being repelled. She was just asking to be shot by herself.

I would say that in that fight, Accelerator analysed the whole situation more so than Mikoto, despite him being casual and not pumped up. He correctly pointed out that the iron sand were being manipulated by a magnetic field made by Mikoto's discharge of electrical currents. On the other hand though, Mikoto was just raging and raging, throwing out attacks that are more and more powerful to try to break Accelerator's "barrier", not knowing that there is no such barrier.
Rydrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 02:18   Link #152
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Well, Mikoto's always been the innocent level 5... Besides, she's never come face to face with another level 5 before (as in fighting). Having a clone of yourself murdered in front of you... Being angry and shocked, I don't think she was thinking straight. She's also very emotionally susceptible from what I've analysed of her character. Instead of panicking, she focused on her rage instead. She's never been beaten before (except for Touma), and her Railgun had never ever failed her before. Besides, as someone mentioned above, I think Mikoto actually didn't realise who Accelerator really was, at least for a little while.

On the other hand, the clones share memories via the network. They've been killed 10000 times, so they're bound to come up with better and better tactics. That was the plan for the level 6 shift exp anyway. By sharing memories, they also share skills and learn faster- collective learning.

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:30   Link #153
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

crazy episode....
never expect Railgun can be this tense....
how Accel-san overpowered Railgun.... and how those mass clones appeared to save their onee-sama...
another highlight is how Kuroko stayed up late till morning because of waiting for Misaka
and some 'sisters' flashback with touching description about outdoor environment

finally we can see frustrated Misaka... She can't deal with Accel but she can stop the experiment for sure...
let's just wait until that 'certain person' come
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:35   Link #154
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

The feels, man, the feels! ಥ_ಥ This anime knows exactly where and how to hit, I really feel like my heart had been stepped on. I just love Mikoto so much.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 11:41   Link #155
kantou

Quote:
A rough episode for Mikoto. Sadly in terms of her tactics she might be even worse than the clones in being able to deal with this guy. It's not surprising, when you are that elite amongst the elites relying on your ability to solve problems is natural. The clones are already the underdogs so they fight like it. This had to be a shocking encounter. Touma was a challenge to deal with for Mikoto in the first season, but he never felt like someone impossible to take on. At least Mikoto felt like she could possibly win with the right tactics. Against Accelerator she's dead without the clones stepping in.

It was something watching her just outright snap and go all out. Sadly going all out didn't get her very far. That's not someone she can fight head on.
great episode I had the same feeling . I hope Mugino give him a lesson also !!
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 14:28   Link #156
Destined_Fate

Quote:

You do know that the clones most likely have already fought him many times already, right? Just going by their numbers alone means that many have already gone through this. We also know that there's cameras everywhere which the clone in the last episode was talking through so it means they're sharing information so the next clone can go better.

Misaka was going in blind so of course she wouldn't be able to do much.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 20:37   Link #157
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Finally got around to watching the episode. I have to admit, it's a wonder what music and voice acting can do for a scene; the "formal introduction" Accelerator made to Mikoto felt way more powerful here than it did in the manga.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:15   Link #158
kitten320

I always thought Accelerator powers were too... how do you say it? Buffed? Over powered?
It felt like fight between level 5 and 1 because of how one sided whole thing was. I really can't see anyone but Touma beating Accelerator since he cancels any kind of power. Otherwise this dude is simply untouchable what makes him kinda boring and everyone else look pathetic.
Old 2013-06-16, 14:52   Link #159
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Painful episode to watch. I'll give it a 10/10. I actually liked the moment she had with her friends. That was also painful to watch. It didn't break the mood in my opinion. In fact, it reiterated how alone Mikoto is because she can't rely on her friends for help. They would be crazy enough to face Accelerator if they felt it were necessary...

The battle was short and sweet. I thought it was a little too short, but it made for some great AMVs. Mikoto got completely defeated by Accelerator who didn't even need to try. Accelerator really is way too powerful... The fact that his vector-manipulation is set on auto-reflect isn't exactly nice either, but it saved her life.

BTW: I am still not 100% sure that the railgun was too difficult to reflect right back at her. I think the railgun was slightly too powerful to reflect back exactly considering how strong it is. That's what I got. I think he would have to "try" in order to reflect it back to hit her... It could also just be that he was toying with her...

Mikoto is very very lucky that Accelerator was stopped. She owes her clones for saving her life... even if they were only making sure the experiment wasn't affected negatively...........

Accelerator toys with his victims way too much... we saw that last episode and this episode... He really doesn't respect others' power... I loved seeing him animated. He didn't laugh that much... awww...

The scene with the bloody clones grabbing onto Mikoto was a "little" disturbing. It was excellent. I feel bad for her. J.C. staff really did an excellent job this episode. I really appreciate what they were doing. Episodes 5 and 6 were the real start of this season. I'm loving all of it though.

In terms of what we've seen so far: it looks like Accelerator> Mikoto> Mental Out (probably)
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brooding