AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-03, 14:32   Link #441
oJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Nasu
But yeah, don't like Atobe, Oshitari, or Gakuto, either. Who knows? Perhaps it'll change when I see them in action... or not.
I hope so too.
But Gakuto w/o his unique hair style? It's going to be tough.
oJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 10:57   Link #442
Sweetchinmusic

When the movie gets released on DVD which i hope it does lol. Will it have subtitles? Surely most Japanese movies on DVD come with the option of english subtitles, maybe not for anime but i would have thought it almost certain for Japanese movies?
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 19:07   Link #443
domino
デレデレ

The Prince of Tennis official dub was released today! You can watch the episodes streaming on that site as part of Cartoon Network's new Toonami streaming service (but you have to be in America, not using a Mac, and using Internet Explorer to view it ).

As usual, so much Prince of Tennis stuff in Japan that it's hard to keep up, but here's a quick release list:

* Live-action movie DVD comes out in Japan in September (28th I think)

* New Prince of Tennis musical will be performed this fall called "Advancement Match Rokkaku". It will feature Rokkaku, Hyotei, and an all-new Seigaku cast.

* For all you Nationals fans, there are 5 new character song singles coming out on August 19 featuring the boys from Higa. These CDs are called "Best of Rival Players", like the past rivals' CDs. These are numbered XXVI~XXX (wow, the 30th rival's CD... Prince of Tennis has so many CDs that I get dizzy).

* Atobe's new single also comes out in August. Pre-orders are selling like crazy...

* There will be 2 "Best Actors Series" albums from the Prince of Tennis Musical actors. Fuji will get one album, while Oshitari and Gakuto will share the other album. (since it's the musical version, their live-action actors will be the singers instead of the TV anime voice actors)

* "Musical Prince of Tennis Supporters" DVDs will be released this fall, too. Bonus DVD goodies for the musical fans? I don't remember exactly what's on them... first one comes out August 20 and features Hyotei Gakuen.

* Manga is up to volume 34 and still going strong! A volume count that very few series are able to reach...

I hope the subbing of the OVAs continues... I hear rumors that the "volleyball scene" will be animated... (will Inui's bare butt be on the DVDs, I wonder? That scene in the manga was hilarious.. )
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 18:24   Link #444
Sweetchinmusic

I checked on Yesasia for the POT Movie on DVD and apparently its coming out on the 28th of september. The delux version is like 45 quid!!! (pounds for UK People lol) Thats loadssssss. And it doesnt even say if its gonna have subtitles. What is the movie kinda based on? IS it a totally different storyline or just the anime in a film?

And post more please lol Thats to everyone hehe lol
Old 2006-07-23, 00:14   Link #445
domino
デレデレ

More Prince of Tennis news....

A new video game is coming out for the PS2. It is another dating sim. Should be out some time this winter.

Pictures are on the official website. This game will be called "Tennis no Oujisama: Dokidoki Survival" and seems to be about the cast of Prince of Tennis stranded on a deserted island or something...

You may now cry tears of joy or horror (however you choose to react to such a ridiculous game). I shamefully admit that I will buy this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
I checked on Yesasia for the POT Movie on DVD and apparently its coming out on the 28th of september. The delux version is like 45 quid!!! (pounds for UK People lol) Thats loadssssss. And it doesnt even say if its gonna have subtitles. What is the movie kinda based on? IS it a totally different storyline or just the anime in a film?

And post more please lol Thats to everyone hehe lol
the PoT live action movie is a modified version of the Hyotei arc. :P They changed it slightly and added a new Hyotei member instead of Hiyoshi (new member + his sister... I wrote their character bios from the official site earlier in this thread), but basically it's the Hyotei storyline.

And the DVD coming out September 28 will NOT have English subtitles. Most official Japanese DVDs are expensive and have no English subtitles. :P
Old 2006-07-23, 20:25   Link #446
Sweetchinmusic

Seriously no subtitles? No way that cant be true. How am i meant to watch it then? Ive watched a couple of japanese/korean etc films with subs on them. Although they werent original i guess, kinda downloaded lol.

Hmm so how are people meant to watch it subtitled? Also regarding the official dub, is there anyway i can see it? I cant get on that jetstream site, prob because im on the UK.
Old 2006-07-24, 01:17   Link #447
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Seriously no subtitles? No way that cant be true. How am i meant to watch it then? Ive watched a couple of japanese/korean etc films with subs on them. Although they werent original i guess, kinda downloaded lol.

Hmm so how are people meant to watch it subtitled? Also regarding the official dub, is there anyway i can see it? I cant get on that jetstream site, prob because im on the UK.
As with every Japanese movie: no English subs until someone FANSUBS it. Prince of Tennis is no exception to this rule. The only "Japanese DVDs" with English subtitles are horrible bootlegs whose sellers should be burned alive.

So if you want a sub version, just wait til the DVD comes out and hope someone fansubs it.

And yeah, the Jetstream site will only work if you are in the US, unfortunately.
Old 2006-07-24, 17:44   Link #448
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Seriously no subtitles? No way that cant be true. How am i meant to watch it then?
Unless you speak Japanese you aren't meant to watch it. That's why it's a Japanese video release.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 14:47   Link #449
Sweetchinmusic

Lol yeah i guess your right. Is kinda rubbish though, im a big POT fan and i cant even watch the film of it. When will society change!! I have a dream..... That Japanese DVDs will come with english subtitles!! lol.

Im still going to buy it though, to show my fanhood.
Old 2006-07-29, 17:38   Link #450
Sweetchinmusic

Has anyone seen the dub yet? Im not from the US but i managed to get it from somewhere. Its actually pretty decent. Toonami Jetstream site has the first two episodes i think, though im not sure. ITs not as bad as it could have been lol. Also the Intros and Endings are pretty decent.

Hope it eventually comes to UK television lol.
Old 2006-07-29, 17:55   Link #451
mit7059

I just saw the dub, well i saw like 3 min of the dub and had to stop watching because I was about to cry. It is possibly one of the worst dubs ever, they replaced the op and the acting is terrible, its bordering on Inital D bad dubbing, DO NOT WATCH UNLESS YOU LOVE PAIN AND SUFFERING!

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 14:54   Link #452
Sweetchinmusic

Lol. I guess it is bad, though i love anything that is Prince of Tennis. One good thing about it is that they have bettered the animation dont you think? Its more brighter and stuff compared to the first episode of POT in japanese. Although id take Japanese and eng subs anyday over Dubbing lol.
Old 2006-08-20, 11:48   Link #453
Sweetchinmusic

Ai ai its been quiet for some time now lol. The dvd is coming out soon i think. Anyone preordered or getting it?
Old 2006-08-21, 03:57   Link #454
swt_tenshi
s[w]t_X_ten[s]hi

I've seen the pot ovas up to episode 5 if you want to watch the movies (except for the live action one) and anime episodes and OVAS then go to www.youtube.com

you dont' have to join or anything just search and watch. it'll be nice if you had a really fast internet as well =]

hope this helps ^^

s2 Jenn.
swt_tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 09:24   Link #455
gencbiba

Hmm... I just started watching PoT and those three idiot freshmen that cheer all the time are so annoying. Maybe it would have been better if they were never added as characters.....

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 09:52   Link #456
sangofe

I SO agree to that, I used to call "horio-kun" for "hore-kun".
Hore= hooker in Norwegian.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 16:17   Link #457
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Hmm... I just started watching PoT and those three idiot freshmen that cheer all the time are so annoying. Maybe it would have been better if they were never added as characters.....
I thought so too for awhile, but after watching the musicals, I started to really like the freshmen trio.....

Anyway, random PoT release news:

August 19 - Best of Rivals CDs XXVI ~ XXX released (5 Higa character songs)
August 30 - Yukimura single will be released
September 13 - Fuji Syuusuke single will be released
September 28 - live action movie will be released on DVD
October 4 - Atobe birthday album will be released

The lesson of the day, PoT fans, is that PoT has SO MUCH MUSIC SUNG BY CHARACTERS that it's insane (and I love them for it). There are well over 300 character songs now and are steadily on their way to 400... that's 300+ individual songs sung by characters T_T I'm not even counting remixes, karaokes, OP and END theme songs, or OST tracks...
Old 2006-08-25, 18:40   Link #458
Sweetchinmusic

Horio is annoying in the anime, but its funny how they always use one of them to try and cover for the regulars. I really liked Arai, but its a shame he never got anywhere.
Old 2006-10-10, 10:30   Link #459
Sweetchinmusic

?? Come on guys wheres the POT love lol. I made that post months ago now i think.
Old 2006-10-21, 02:45   Link #460
swt_tenshi
s[w]t_X_ten[s]hi

I just watched the live action movie on www.youtube.com

but theres no subs so if you just want to see it w/o subs than go there and search for prince of tennis live action movie.

I this its okay. pretty good for something they crammed all in one movie

s2 Jenn.
swt_tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tennis