Human

Spoiler for I guess it's kind of a spoiler:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:36   Link #382
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrv View Post
Although it might not be as good I might just get the HRAP.
The HRAP will be just as good as the TE provided you have the knowhow to replace the standard issued buttons with those of Sanwa's or Semitsu's.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 13:48   Link #383
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Does the CPU get tougher the more you play? I heard they do in Guilty Gear AC. I heard they would even learn from your combos. Is this just a rumour or false?

I've always been playing hell difficulty and Nu has always been hard to defeat. But for some reason, the better I get with Rachel, the harder it is the next time to defeat Nu. She has extremely accurate dashes that will step just right outside of my attack range. I have to charge at her with pure melee all the time, there's simply no way to use projectiles as she can counter with her drive immediately.

Anyway Taokaka's theme song always reminds me of some Pokemon BGM.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 14:53   Link #384
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Yeah, Takaoka's song looks like it's from another game, hehe.

Well, i don't think that really happens, otherwise, even the normal difficulty would be badass after a while. I think it's probably because hell is supposed to be hard, hehe. I tried today, but i can't get beyond Hakumen with Rachel(haven't tried with Arakune or Solgna though), so i don't know how 13 is in this difficulty, but i will try again sometime.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 15:24   Link #385
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
In Score Attack, some are in Ultimate mode.
To be precise, all the characters who have an Unlimited mode are in it for Score Attack. The difficulty in Score Attack seems to be slightly harder than Hell, also; at least, the CPU's behavior seems somewhat different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I've always been playing hell difficulty and Nu has always been hard to defeat. But for some reason, the better I get with Rachel, the harder it is the next time to defeat Nu. She has extremely accurate dashes that will step just right outside of my attack range. I have to charge at her with pure melee all the time, there's simply no way to use projectiles as she can counter with her drive immediately.
I think Rachel vs v-13 is a pretty bad matchup, but the Hell CPU is usually too aggressive for its own good. Be patient and watch for openings, that's about all.

I've been beating Arcade on Hell without continues pretty consistently like that.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 03:40   Link #386
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

How far have people got on Score Attack?

I've made it to the fourth round so far. Could probably do better, though my mind at the moment is focused on story mode. The difficulty is easily over the HELL setting though.
Old 2009-07-11, 10:55   Link #387
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
How far have people got on Score Attack?

I've made it to the fourth round so far. Could probably do better, though my mind at the moment is focused on story mode. The difficulty is easily over the HELL setting though.
Well I haven't played it much, so I've only gotten to the third round. Its really difficult so I'll probably come back to it after finishing up story mode.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 13:03   Link #388
Renya

Unlimited Rachel is a joke
if ur lucky u can kill her most of her attacks stun the hell out of ya which is annoying

Just managed to beat arcade mode against Unlimited Rachel and that was hard >.>
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 15:51   Link #389
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A lot of people say Jin is the best to use for score attack, and i do agree. I'll give that a try next time i'm on the game, and see how far i can get.
Old 2009-07-11, 18:18   Link #390
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Here's the order you'll be facing in Score Attack mode, for anyone that's curious. I've only made it up to Ultimate Rachel before getting fully electrocuted.
Really? I always thought it was random until you reach the bosses.

I've gotten to Ragna, but he's kind of insane. I can't find enough openings in his rushdown to take him out, and he gains health so fast that you can't afford mistakes.

Quote:
A lot of people say Jin is the best to use for score attack, and i do agree. I'll give that a try next time i'm on the game, and see how far i can get.
Most people say v-13 is the best, but it's really a matter of who you're good with. I'm a Jin player anyway, so... yeah.

The Score Attack CPU is really aggressive but has fewer holes than the Arcade Hell CPU; just watch for your chance to strike and don't rush things.

Quote:
Also it might be from a glitch but after a certain amount of hits (around 50 or more) the CPU will stop taking damages (life bar will remain) until your combos end.
Every hit in a combo decreases the amount of damage you do with successive hits, so it's no real surprise.
Old 2009-07-11, 18:32   Link #391
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I just tried a few rounds of Score Attack, my Rachel can't beat Unlimited Rachel lol

Just the amount of the same projectiles and traps all over the place is already very confusing.

I'm not used to getting blown around by an opponent Rachel lol and the lightning stops my combos all the time.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 21:01   Link #392
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
I've only played Score Attack mode 3 times, everytime it had the same characters in that order (with Bang as the opening opponent). But maybe...
You could be right, I never really paid much attention... I just fight whoever shows up, no questions asked. The bosses are always in the same order, for sure.

The cheapest thing about Unlimited Rachel is that moving lightning attack, which I keep forgetting about. Treat her basically like Unlimited v-13; it's a matter of rushing her down (careful as you do) and taking her out first.

If you're serious about beating Score Attack, play VS mode on Hell and fight Unlimited Ragna repeatedly.
Old 2009-07-11, 23:01   Link #393
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Score Attack Walkthru as quoted from another forum :-

Quote:
I finally beat the crap out of Unlimited Ragna in BlazBlue Score Attack mode recently as well as earning the elite Leonidas trophy! Although I was disappointed for one reason: the mode was cleared with my secondary choice; Jin Kisaragi rather than my first choice which was Ragna the Blood Edge. But don’t get me wrong; Jin Kisaragi is a good character to use and I will recommend first timers to play using Jin Kisaragi as their starting character and Ragna being the second choice. From the day I got the game, I would estimate it took me just a little over two weeks to finally got my groove down and clear this insanely difficult mode and wrap it up once and for all!

WHAT IS SCORE ATTACK?

Basically Score Attack is just like Arcade Mode but the character’s arcade ending is removed as well as the required condition to fight against Unlimited Ragna. The difficulty will be unaffected and is probably a little over Hell IMO but it could be higher (!) somehow. The option for a second player to join in will be locked making Score Attack the Survival Mode version of BlazBlue but utilizing the standard ‘Best out of 3-Rounds’ rule so if you think you’ve got a saving grace; think again and there will be NO CONTINUES; IF YOU LOSE, THAT’S IT. GAME OVER, SUCKER! PLEASE TRY AGAIN; ETC. ETC.

THE MODE IS TOO HARD!

Look at the trophy list and you can see that the award is Gold for clearing Score Attack so yeah it IS hard; probably harder than the actual Hell difficulty. But like the Adidas commercial says; Impossible is just a word! You can still clear it without pulling off flashy combos and sticking to a simple bread-&-butter string (seriously)!

CONQUERING SCORE ATTACK

One thing to note about BlazBlue score attack is that unlike the arcade mode the characters follow an order of appearance and will remain so in all subsequent plays.

Bang Shikigami
Tao-Taokaka
Iron Tager
Carl Clover
Noel Vermillion
Arakune
Litchi Faye Ling
Jin Kisaragi
Rachael Alucard (Unlimited ver.)
Haku-Men (Unlimited ver.)
v-13 aka Nu (Unlimited ver.)
Ragna (Unlimited ver.)

Note the lack of a lightning rod for this move of hers!

Note that the final ‘Big Four’ will be encountered in their ‘Unlimited’ forms. They are the cream of the crop and will NOT spare any quarter. To get the feel of understanding their ‘Unlimited’ forms better I suggest playing against them in the Training Mode and setting the A.I. to max (100) difficulty. From there on you will be able to gauge how they attack, what are their repeated patterns, which are the obstacles to avoid and when they are left open for a free hit! I studied extensively on Unlimited Ragna for several days until I got the basics down on how to beat him with Ragna but then again the mode was cleared with Jin.

SCORE ATTACK A.I. BEHAVIOR

This is from my point of view on how the A.I. actually operates in Score Attack. Depending on your play-through, experiences may vary. Do take note that there are instances that even A.I. characters can pull off an Astral Finish so watch yourself!

Haku-Men's Kokuujin Ougi: Akumetsu is a parry-based Astral Finisher; avoid it at all costs!
BANG SHIKIGAMI
There’s nothing major to note about him other than the fact he tends to go everywhere around the screen and pull off his Burning Heart move. If you’re the type that constantly goes mashing with a good dependable string, he won’t have a chance to fight back.
TAO-TAOKAKA
Much like Bang but she spends much time zipping through the air and almost less time on the ground. Be careful of her DD: ‘I’mma beat the crap outta you!’ for she can catch you from a distance catching you off guard.
IRON-TAGER
Tager was pretty much my first serious obstacle because he can take more punishment and dish out more damage than everyone else. The A.I. for Tager is pretty much on the defensive side but then I noticed that he’ll purposely pull off a crouching D attack and leave himself open for an attack. Stay from far and watch him until he pulls off the crouching move and while he recovers, charge straight in and attack!
CARL CLOVER
The A.I. for Carl uses Nirvana in such a way that it looks like she is actually acting as a second independent fighter! Carl is fast but lacks the jump height, serious offense and defense to back him up should you chose to dispose of Nirvana first. You should face him off much you would when facing off against Bang.
NOEL VERMILLION
There shouldn’t be any trouble against her but she uses her DD well in most cases. Still I advice to approach her like you would with Bang.
ARAKUNE
The problem will definitely start here for those who have come this far, only have their asses handed back to them on a plate. But then upon further studying Arakune tends to stay in the air much longer than Bang and Taokaka and when he dashes to appear from behind there’s a split-second of an opening gap for a free hit so (depending on your character) mashing the A (light attack) to counter this dash tends to work wonders for this move.
LITCHI FAYE LING
Another possible obstacle; Litchi will be pulling off move after move to keep you at bay and keep the pressure up with her staff moves. I find it better to be dependent on a simple bread-&-butter string to keep it up with her. She is also quite defensive so if your character has it, use a move that’s safe on block to keep her at bay.
JIN KISARAGI
The A.I. for Jin IMO is pretty on par with the A.I. for Litchi but is less defensive and tends to be gauge dependant for most of his moves. Jin’s Drive moves tends to leave him open most of the time so make quick observations of his actions and punish him hard whenever you see an opening!

RACHAEL ALUCARD (UNLIMITED ver.)

Welcome to the first of the ‘Big Four’! Nu (v-13) players will definitely remember her as her final boss in the Arcade mode and she’s a real f***ing bitch! Not only will she be able to pull off Sword Iris without her lightning rods but the real problem will have to be her electrical frog; George XIII, which requires (probably) some good amount of hits or a DD projectile to kill it off (but it is avoidable nonetheless). Unlimited Rachael is heavily defensive but she’ll let her guard down for a split moment should your chain-combo string gets blocked and not finished with a special move. Then after that split delay you got yourself a free hit! Refrain from being flashy with your combos because you might screw up and keep the pressure up with bread-&-butter strings to force her at the corner.

HAKU-MEN (UNLIMITED ver.)

Everyone should know how to handle against him; he’s the 2nd last boss in the Arcade mode for the majority of the characters. The problem is his damaging ability and his habit of pulling off his parry unexpectingly; especially the DD version (Kokuujin: Yukikaze) or even the Astral Finisher (Kokuujin Ougi: Akumetsu)! It’s all about observation and attacking whenever there’s an opening in his defenses.

NU aka V-13 (UNLIMITED ver.)

This is basically the Last Boss for the Arcade mode so like Haku-Men I must assume that you know how to handle her as well. Nu is pretty much defenseless up close but wickedly offensive if she’s at a distance from you so it is best to bring the fight close to her with dependable bread-&-butter strings to keep her at bay.

Nu has serious problems up close so if yuo've got it; flaunt it!

RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE (UNLIMITED ver.)

This is it; The Ultimate Trophy! Ragna is in his Blood Kain form but:

His life doesn’t drain as it was suppose to
Speed is increased
Defense is beefed up
Offense is beefed up and are all counter attacks
He breaks guards easily now (!)
Able to pull off a double air-dash
Devoured by Darkness has an increase in range and can sometimes connect from combos and catch opponents from mid-air

Unlimited Ragna certainly gives KOF series' Rugal a run for his money!

With Unlimited Ragna possessing these properties; this will certainly force you to pull out all you have learn and all opponents you have faced both human and A.I.. Be on your toes at all times for the Barrier because Unlimited Ragna can crash your normal guard in 7 hits or less. However he also has openings so this is your chance to attack back hard with your bread-&-butter strings or if you’re daring enough, a flashier but more damaging string! Generally I find it best to remain on the defensive side but from my experience I find that it is best to study his movements in Training Mode, set the A.I. to max and note down all possible opening points. There are a few actually but an opening is better than no opening!

Unstoppable, yes? But Unlimited Ragna in Score Attack is still an A.I. but the Human mind is far greater than any computer; never give up when all hope seems lost!

OTHER A.I. NOTES

BlazBlue is still a pretty much new fighting game overall despite having its roots connected to the Guilty Gear series which is still being played today. You all should note that most of the strings done by the A.I. are pretty much textbook based and should be do-able by most of you out there. While the A.I. may be sickening at times; raising the bar of difficulty at times in Score Attack, keep in mind it doesn’t know how to pull off those flashy combos yet, Barrier Burst or a Guard Cancel. The moves done by A.I. as you will learn are pretty basic so that over time you’ll be able to conquer this Score Attack mode in no time no matter how impossible it looks. Set your goals well and then advance upwards from there on. Keep focused and alert whenever things looked bleak but always remember, all hope ain’t lost, unless you are unlucky that your house is an unexpected victim of a blackout!

No matter how bleak the odds are you'll definitely find a way; Good Luck!
Old 2009-07-12, 21:16   Link #394
killer911
Hikikomori

So... What platform is this for?
killer911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 22:29   Link #395
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

PS3 and X360.

Quote:
My fourth try at Score Attack and I made it pass Rachel only to die by Hakumen sword... I'll try again later.

Those are some nice tips k//eternal and MakubeX2.
With Hakumen, it's a matter of whittling down his health gradually. If your character has good projectiles, use them to your advantage, but don't get careless beacuse things can turn around quickly due to his ridiculous damage potential. Don't get aggressive unless you're sure he's not going to counter (i.e., he's getting hit by a projectile, or he's frozen, or whatever).
Old 2009-07-13, 01:43   Link #396
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Finally got the game, and currently enjoying it a lot more than SF4. This is mainly because SF4 was basically SF2:3d Super Ultra Fighting Edition, while BlazBlue allows for more exploration and experimentation since everything is so different, even when compared to GG.

Still dunno who I'd main, but I narrowed it down. At first I was thinking of Ragna/V-13 because of...

Spoiler:

But then I did Jin's story and found out that he had a bonafide childhood friend. Looks like a winner to me. JinXTsubaki FTW! XD

Only thing that's keeping me is if I find out Jin is plentiful online, because since I find mirrors boring, I'd rather use one of the other three instead lol.

But in the mean time, I'm gonna complete story mode first.

On a side note, the English track is amazing. From Ragna's total badass voice (which I think is slightly superior to Sugita's version), to Taokaka's goofy lines (boobie lady and lacking lady ROTFL), to Rachel sounding so high class, to Noel sounding so moe, I give it a two thumbs up.

So to anyone who can't understand Japanese, I say give the English track a try. Some battles are that much more fun since certain matchups have lines unique to them, and actually understanding them gives you a slightly better perception of the relationship between your character and the enemy. And hey, at the very least you get to escape from the vast majority of Engrish in the game lol.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 05:00   Link #397
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So to anyone who can't understand Japanese, I say give the English track a try.
Why they say that when the game has been translated?
Old 2009-07-13, 05:21   Link #398
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Why they say that when the game has been translated?
You don't want to have subtitles distracting you in the heat of battle, do you ?

But there's nothing during the fight that one with > 3 years of anime viewing can't comprehen.
Old 2009-07-13, 05:54   Link #399
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Regarding the dub, i quite like how you can choose which dub you want per character in the story mode. I personally keep it all in Japanese for obvious reasons, though it's a nice little feature.
Old 2009-07-13, 06:49   Link #400
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Kinda how in some visual novel, you can choose which character's voice is on or off.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360