AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-23, 17:39   Link #781
MgMaster

Well,this season lacked anything outstanding but Noragami still ended up being one of my two favorites shows. It just has that BONES consistency written all over it,which is hard not to like.

Looking forward to a 2nd season!
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 18:14   Link #782
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Sigh, so the Hiyori's character remained destroyed in the end. Although that had already happened last episode, it is distressful to see no action was done to salvage it.

Please, PLEASE don't make a second season out of this. I cannot bear to see Hiyori's character gets destroyed further....
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 18:16   Link #783
Bern-san

Good ending, the filler mini-arc of the last 3 episodes was very predictable and cliched but the execution pulled it off. The BDs are going to have manga shorts about Rabo and Yato by the mangaka for those who would like to know more

A second season is still possible with this ending, I pray they could at least animate Bishamon arc because Yukine's arc is more of a introduction and a set up for Bishamon's one.

Solid show in general, not very outstanding or original but it shined over many of this season's series which ended up being more mediocre.
Old 2014-03-23, 18:25   Link #784
RoboMambo

Nice episode. The music worked really well with the fight, that was fine by itself.

The arc was fine, I liked it more than most of Yukine's, at the very least. I can see why some people complain about Hiyori's character here, but I'd say in the context it wasn't that hard a deviation. Maybe a bit out of character, but nothing special.

On the show overall, it was okayish. The characters were likeable, more or less. But it was mostly nothing special, barely saved by a good execution. It would have come out better if Yukine's arc hadn't sat so bad with me. In it's last episode the whole thing hit rock bottom. It shouldn't have raised any morality issues if it wasn't gonna try to actually work with them. Actually it feels as if the writer didn't even realise it was introducing those issues.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 18:33   Link #785
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
There were two instances where Rabo directly attacked Hiyori when she was conscious.
1) He flew at her suddenly changing his target. I'll get to this later.
Rabo didn't "fly" at her. He jumped to a spot a few feet or so away, stood there, and raised his sword before ever swinging at Hiyori. He didn't rush her down.

Do you honestly think Hiyori had no time to run away? That her only option is to close her eyes and bear it?

Quote:
No, the natural reaction when you see the natural predator is to freeze because your nerves are strained to the point you can't move. Not everyone is trained/naturally gifted or whatever.
You're projecting your generalizations onto one person that may or may not be the same as you. How about giving evidence in the show where Hiyori froze up at another crisis point?

Quote:
2) He yanked her leg with whatever he used and then held her high in the air. How do you even move when you're disoriented, scared and don't have proper footing?

Anyway, I'll call it a day... or night... because I don't see anything supporting your point. Or anything interesting anymore. Whatever, I'll go and catch a few winks of sleep.

Funny that you mention this when the exact same thing happened to her in episode 1. She was pulled like a ragdoll by a frog ayakashi's tongue.

And what did she do? She fought back. It's right in the very first episode, and you're telling me there's no evidence she has the courage to do anything?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 18:35   Link #786
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMambo View Post
On the show overall, it was okayish. The characters were likeable, more or less. But it was mostly nothing special, barely saved by a good execution. It would have come out better if Yukine's arc hadn't sat so bad with me. In it's last episode the whole thing hit rock bottom. It shouldn't have raised any morality issues if it wasn't gonna try to actually work with them. Actually it feels as if the writer didn't even realise it was introducing those issues.
^Yeah, I agree - in the end, Noragami will remain in my mind as "that series that did that one thing in such a cringe-worthy way that it put me off from the rest of it." :/ And I agree about the last sentence, I also felt that the writer (be it the anime's writer or the original mangaka) didn't even realize the rather unfortunate implications.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 20:50   Link #787
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Finished this tonight....

It was okay. Nothing too shocking. I mean, we all knew she'd get her memory back somehow.

Also, they both are crazy about the other, though neither will admit it...
=================

Overall as a series: I liked it for the most part, other than wanting to punch Yukine in the face. For the most part, it was pretty funny.

I love both OP/ED songs.

And I love Kofuku and Daikuku.
Old 2014-03-23, 21:12   Link #788
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Poor Bishamon, her Arc got toally forgotten

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 21:15   Link #789
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well not to bad of an ending it was a great fight

7/10
Old 2014-03-23, 22:48   Link #790
Shadow5YA

Images
Nothing more than a pile of flesh
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I really hope this is a translation error on Funi's part and Rabo didn't actually just call Hiyori's spirit form "a pile of flesh".
Old 2014-03-23, 22:53   Link #791
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
She pushed Yato away from a moving car back when she had no idea who he was.

She kicked a giant frog ayakashi even when she had no idea whether it would work or not.

And you're telling me it's normal for her to be scared shitless here? The fact that you believe so only proves my point that they didn't portray her character well at all. Doing nothing is not a part of her character.
Anyone would be scared having a sword close to his/her throat. Actually, she was gripping his hand as he was lifting and strangling her so she was doing something.

I really liked the Hiyori x Yato ending.
Old 2014-03-23, 23:22   Link #792
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Anyone would be scared having a sword close to his/her throat. Actually, she was gripping his hand as he was lifting and strangling her so she was doing something.

I really liked the Hiyori x Yato ending.
That's fine. In that case, she was being held by her collar.

The moment I was referring to was the first time, when Rabo jumped over Yato to get to Hiyori.

Images
screenshot

Rabo took his sweet time raising his sword, and all Hiyori did was close her eyes.
Old 2014-03-23, 23:29   Link #793
ginger02

Probably one of my favorite shows this season. I need to go talk about it in anime-Planet.

I wish the cast was larger, but still enjoyed the whole thing and every episode. Hiyori is probably my favorite female protagonist this season.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 01:29   Link #794
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Poor Bishamon, her Arc got toally forgotten
Well the director already said that they won't animate it since it would take at least 10 episodes.
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 03:10   Link #795
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

One of my favorite this season, however it is too short to consider it great, so same here who's hoping for season 2.

Want to see Bishamon arc and backstory of Nora + Yato.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-03-24, 07:34   Link #796
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's fine. In that case, she was being held by her collar.

The moment I was referring to was the first time, when Rabo jumped over Yato to get to Hiyori.

Images
screenshot

Rabo took his sweet time raising his sword, and all Hiyori did was close her eyes.
He has a big sword and is very fast. She can't defend herself there either.
Old 2014-03-24, 10:50   Link #797
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
He has a big sword and is very fast. She can't defend herself there either.
It wasn't portrayed as fast. Again, he stood there and spent a moment to raise his sword for dramatic effect.

If it was meant to be swift, Bones should have had Rabo go in for the kill in one jump.

No matter how you spin it, it was poorly executed.
Old 2014-03-24, 14:53   Link #798
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Rather stale for a season finale imo...there's a decent plot moving along, the fight was nice...but the characters are seriously lacking. Now, this is just 12 episodes and you obviously can't expand on all of them, but there's so many loose ends!

1) Who is the so-called furuhime/the "father" figure and what are they really after.
2) Why Yato killed Bishamon's regalia and under what circumstances.
3) Why Yato charges 5 yen per wish.
4) WTF is Hiyori going to do, still being half-phantom and all.
5) What's Kazuma's debt to Yato.
6) What's Kofuku's deal, she has a pretty dark profile (god of poverty, opening hellish portals and all).

Anyway, I'd watch a second season but with half the excitement that I had for this one. Could have been much better...now, time to go and read the manga ^_^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 15:25   Link #799
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
3) Why Yato charges 5 yen per wish.
"every one knows you're supposed to offer 5 yen coins to gods" or something close, back in episode 1.

people like that old guy are only raking it in since they have big shrines and are famous, kofuku's fee of 100k yen is also because she's one of the 7 big ones, and of course she also makes people poor, being the goddess of poverty. yato is an unknown god without a shrine, so he only charges 5 yen for jobs so that more people could know him, rely on him better and maybe get them to build a shrine to him.

being a former calamity god, he needs a new "job" to survive, and so he became the "yorozuya" god.

Quote:
4) WTF is Hiyori going to do, still being half-phantom and all.
probably stay that way, while the old man did say that the only way to cure hiyori was for yato to cut ties with her, there might be another way for them to cure her, without breaking ties.

speculation time!

Quote:
1) Who is the so-called furuhime/the "father" figure and what are they really after.
reiki/furuhime's goal is to have somebody use her again, as the old man (tenjin?) explained, only shady gods use regalias with many names, i forgot what they were called, was it nora?

as for the "father", i have no idea.

Quote:
2) Why Yato killed Bishamon's regalia and under what circumstances.
the most obvious reason is that somebody wished for yato to kill that regalia, I don't think we even knew for sure if it was bishamon's regalia.

Quote:
5) What's Kazuma's debt to Yato.
most logical answer would be the same with yukine and that other girl with the old man, they were saved by yato and turned into regalias.

Quote:
6) What's Kofuku's deal, she has a pretty dark profile (god of poverty, opening hellish portals and all).
her ability is to pinpoint where vents would open, with the extra feature of opening up vents herself when using too much of her power. it also makes sense that as the god (goddess?) of poverty, she also causes misfortune for the other gods whenever they get involved with her, by opening vents, for example.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 16:31   Link #800
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So Nora's real name is Furuhime? Fits her.

Is there a manga thread for this series? Because it does explain things that the anime doesn't cover(Namely Bishamon)