AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-01-30, 15:23   Link #41
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Another beautiful and moving episode.

I can't help but watch this show through the eyes of a former single parent. Parenting certainly demands learning, Golem-san. Listen to that nice dad with the horns.

I was trying to find the name of the seiyuu who voices the wolf named Muthrica in the Crunchyroll subs. I can't find that character at ANN or MAL. Both sites do list a character named Musurika voiced by veteran actor Hayami Sho. So is this just bad transliteration by CR?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-30, 19:17   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, I can tell you the wolf was definitely voiced by Sho Hayami, but not which romanization is correct.

At this point I don't care how it happens, I just want Golem to keep on living until Somali reaches adulthood at least.
Old 2020-01-30, 23:40   Link #43
Wandering Soul

Just dig the knife even deeper, why don't you?
Old 2020-02-01, 10:16   Link #44
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

My poor heart almost didn't make it through the episode. When Golem said there's no replacement for Somali, I was slain on the spot. God...
Old 2020-02-01, 11:02   Link #45
James Rye

Man, this show is hitting all of my heartstrings. So happy Somali made her first friend. So sad to see he so scared of losing her dad. And Golem ofc is not much better, knowing he is lying to her to keep her happy for the time being.

"A true parent doesn't inspire fear in his child."
Damn, master! You got a way with words!

"There is no such thing as a perfect parent."
Speaking of experience, are we, Kikila's dad?^^

"I shall always stay at your side."
God dang it, why can't I stop crying!? ;A;
Old 2020-02-06, 17:15   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was another really nice episode. Somali and Uzoi's situations resemble each other a lot. Uzoi is a youkai that was raised by a human who is apparently terminally ill, and Somali is a human raised by a golem who's at the end of his lifespan. In other circumstances, they could have gotten along well. I guess there's still a chance this might end well, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old 2020-02-06, 17:20   Link #47
Wandering Soul

How well this ends probably depends on how much blood they need. If it's not a large amount, Somali may be able donate some of hers if they do need a large amount, then Haitora's story may not have a happy ending.
Old 2020-02-06, 19:04   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
How well this ends probably depends on how much blood they need. If it's not a large amount, Somali may be able donate some of hers if they do need a large amount, then Haitora's story may not have a happy ending.
If there was a way to save Haitora without killing Somali, I'm pretty sure Uzoi would have picked that option.
Old 2020-02-06, 20:50   Link #49
James Rye

Uzoi's design is really cool, like hella stylish! <3
We found another human but it seems he is dying to a sickness that grows feathers? Poor Uzoi must be desperate to consider killing a child to save her Haitora, but Golem-dad will stop her for sure. I would like to hope for a happy ending for both of them but I don't think that gonna happen for Uzoi. And neither will Somali's wish to forever travel with her Daddy...
Damn, this show is so freaking sad. But beautiful, incredible beautiful~
Old 2020-02-13, 17:08   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What do you know? Uzoi and Haitora's story did have a happy ending, or rather a happy continuation because it's not like his sickness is cured. Haitora's backstory was sad and horrifying at the same time.
Old 2020-02-13, 23:59   Link #51
Wandering Soul

I'm not surprised that Uzoi and Haitora got an ending where they go back to doing what they were before, but Haitora's past did surprise me. He had a tragic past where he is indirectly responsible for the death of his wife and child and for making a child an orphan. To atone he ended up traveling with a child that was the walking reminder of his sins. Having the truth come out was no doubt painful for Uzoi, but at least now those two can go forward with the truth out between them.
Old 2020-02-14, 03:10   Link #52
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Small Uzoi.

This adaptation has turned out lovely.
Old 2020-02-14, 22:10   Link #53
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
ルークです

Those last 5 minutes, so emotional and powerful.

I have watched it over and over again, absolutely loved the ost/music as well.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-17, 16:45   Link #54
James Rye

Man, Harpies really are beautiful, even Uzoi's mom was a real beauty. Shame on Haitora on killing and eating her but given what he experienced with his friends and neighbors being hunted and eaten and him and his family being on the verge of starvation I can see why he did this. And he paid a deep price for it watching his wife and daughter dying in blind fear and bloody pain. Man, imagine your eyes pop from the inside due feathers growing there, your ears getting stuffed with feathers, you mouth filled with them from the inside ripping your throat open. You can't see, hear or even speak just struggle and drown in feathers and blood. Fucking scary way to go.

Poor Uzoi, her being a crybaby this episode was totally justified. I hope Haitora won't die and that the Seer was speaking of the corrupted blood as guilt and lie Haitora carried with him the whole time and which now got purified with Uzoi knowing the truth and telling him to live on with her.

I wonder how Somali gonna take it when her dad finally vanishes...
Old 2020-02-20, 17:12   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They keep twisting the knife by reminding us of the promise. Given their low chances of finding a human settlement (the book is from more than 300 years ago, they won't find anything useful), I'm starting to think it might be easier if Golem tried to find a way to extend his lifespan.
Old 2020-02-20, 20:03   Link #56
James Rye

Guess Witches aren't Human despite looking very human-like. Also their town with all the food must be heaven to Somali.^^
Old 2020-02-21, 16:51   Link #57
grecefar

maybe the head librarian and golem-san know each other.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-27, 17:05   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When you're so used to anime, you expect the head librarian who's over 300 years old to be the loli from the preview, but she was a freaking mummy kept on life support. Seems like the monsters were not aware of humanity's existence until she wrote the book, since she blames herself for what happened to them.

It kinda felt to me that the humans were so xenophobic because the golem hadn't properly educated them. They didn't even know monsters could speak. Ignorance is often the root of many problems.
Old 2020-02-27, 18:17   Link #59
Wandering Soul

In the end, the Head Librarian had good intentions, but everyone missed the point that of the book, which was to educate people on humans and show that Faedora was able to change one person's mind at the end, to instead focus on how the rest of the humans acted.
Old 2020-03-03, 10:14   Link #60
James Rye

Man, that poor two-headed dragon. That was a pretty damn painful death. Haraiso seems to have taken care of the humans like an endangered species and when the secret about the little witch was out he treated her like humans would treat "grotesques". Real shame they are so cowardly and frail. At least Miya was able to see past her hatred and fear for grotesques and see the little Witch as a friend. Though I think she would have a harder time seeing other less human alike looking species as a friend.

Makes me wonder how Witches are born since they seem to be all female and turn into butterflies when they die.