AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-01-27, 18:40   Link #121
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Ending was good actually, not what I expected and leaves plenty of room for speculation/discussion.
Certainly better than:"'Good guy beats bad guy, the end".
Old 2020-01-28, 02:24   Link #122
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah, Babylon has completely fallen apart when it comes to exploring the moral and ethics of suicide and euthanasia. It was interesting at first but it's kinda obvious how the authors understanding is on purely theoretical and philosophical level, his lack of knowledge of politics outside of Japan is just painful and a complete omission from a healthcare point of view is particularly regrettable. And fundamentally, I find it hard to believe that the widespread availability of a pain-free suicide drug would reduce suicide rates as this show seems to think it would.

At this point I'm just interested in seeing a conclusion.
Whelp, I was afraid this would happen

I haven't watched the series since episode 7 due to IRL stuff, but I had been hearing about the following episodes hadn't pleasant. I was hoping the ending would salvage the show, but the general impressions seemed to say otherwise, sigh.

I normally don't drop shows that deep in, but looks like I'm better of pretending ep7 was last one.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-28, 11:40   Link #123
Dop
Mmmm....

So, that was the end?
What a load of old codswallop!

I mean, it started off interestingly enough but descended rapidly into more and more ludicrous situations until really the only reason I watched past episode 7 was to see how more ridiculous the show could get.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-28, 13:03   Link #124
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Absurd ending to an increasingly absurd show.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-28, 19:37   Link #125
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Iím assuming that peeps will attempt to track the original novels to see if thereís differences or not.

Guess Iíll marathon it when I can. Been busy filing papers to do Masters in Singapore.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-29, 01:28   Link #126
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I got it. Magase used to be an ordinary high school student in a world where some death cult was a major religion. Then she got hit by a truck and reincarnated on Earth with some broken power to become an unstoppable force and impose her values. And cultivate a harem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Iím assuming that peeps will attempt to track the original novels to see if thereís differences or not.
Let us know if they're less of a dumpster fire?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-29, 05:22   Link #127
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I got it. Magase used to be an ordinary high school student in a world where some death cult was a major religion. Then she got hit by a truck and reincarnated on Earth with some broken power to become an unstoppable force and impose her values. And cultivate a harem.
*APPLAUSE*

If only the forum allowed 'Likes'.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-29, 05:36   Link #128
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:

If I canít find any, the manga finished with two volumes...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-29, 08:01   Link #129
Renchan

I heard the novel is more or less the same, except there's a surprise vol. 4 despite vol. 3 was advertised as the final book (the anime adapts up to vol. 3) and vol. 4 is not yet released. The reader's reaction is more or less the same as you guys judging from the Amazon reviews.

The manga has different ending and deviated from the novel from around ep. 7.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-29, 08:58   Link #130
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
I heard the novel is more or less the same, except there's a surprise vol. 4 despite vol. 3 was advertised as the final book (the anime adapts up to vol. 3) and vol. 4 is not yet released. The reader's reaction is more or less the same as you guys judging from the Amazon reviews.

The manga has different ending and deviated from the novel from around ep. 7.
can you give me spoiler about manga's ending?

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-29, 10:53   Link #131
Cosmic Eagle
花の魔術師

Magase became a pedophile.

The End

(seriously, this ending.....whut)
Old 2020-01-30, 08:59   Link #132
Cosmic Eagle
花の魔術師

Quote:

https://twitter.com/hama_chiii/statu...91814350340096

Apparently it's as ???? Judging by the comments though it appears Magase in the book has "for shits and giggles" as her motive

Vol 4 sure is needed to properly wrap things up even if in an amibguous manner because this is more cliff-hanger than anything else (and yes.....there's the "to be continued" at the end there)
Old 2020-02-01, 22:34   Link #133
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

What a totally f'ed up series. I was ok with it until they had the world leaders do their group think/debate, tying it to religion (but I guess that's how they named the anime), which I thought was rather trite and trivial.

Then in the last episode, I thought they got around Magase by using translators, which would protect the president but apparently someone had a gun and managed to kill them all, leading him to directly hear her voice.

Zen ends up killing Alex which doesn't make sense. I thought he would shoot him in the leg or somewhere else, and none of the security staff bothered to set up any netting below? Like seriously, wtf kind of shit storytelling is this?

So glad it's over.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-03, 11:57   Link #134
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
can you give me spoiler about manga's ending?
After some digging, I found a post on reddit that explained it. Their English wasn't great, so I took the time to briefly browse through the manga and... their claims seem legit.

And yes, the manga's plot was written by the creator, so... Make of all this what you will.

Spoiler for MANGA SPOILERS:
Old 2020-02-03, 13:46   Link #135
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ah. A different dumpster fire, then.
Old 2020-02-04, 06:15   Link #136
Cosmic Eagle
花の魔術師

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
What a totally f'ed up series. I was ok with it until they had the world leaders do their group think/debate, tying it to religion (but I guess that's how they named the anime), which I thought was rather trite and trivial.

Then in the last episode, I thought they got around Magase by using translators, which would protect the president but apparently someone had a gun and managed to kill them all, leading him to directly hear her voice.

Zen ends up killing Alex which doesn't make sense. I thought he would shoot him in the leg or somewhere else, and none of the security staff bothered to set up any netting below? Like seriously, wtf kind of shit storytelling is this?

So glad it's over.
He killed Alex so that the POTUS didn't end up appearing as if he commited suicide on his own will. Disabling won't work because he'll just kill himself at first chance.

But yes, the writing is very dumb
Old 2020-02-04, 12:52   Link #137
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
After some digging, I found a post on reddit that explained it. Their English wasn't great, so I took the time to briefly browse through the manga and... their claims seem legit.

And yes, the manga's plot was written by the creator, so... Make of all this what you will.

Spoiler for MANGA SPOILERS:
So the manga isn't any less of a waste of time then.
Old 2020-02-04, 18:58   Link #138
Dextro
He Without a Title

The manga sounds even worse than the show really. While this quickly became a dumpster fire I have to admit it was a really gripping one. Magase is one of those villains you just can't help but hate and that's good. It's just a shame that the author seems to think he's smarter than he his and went all philosophical when keeping it simple would have worked miles better. The end result clearly shows he does not have the chops to do the kind of deeply philosophical story he was hoping for (and the manga changes more than confirm that hypothesis).

And I know I tried to play devil's advocate there for a while but it's been pretty obvious for a while where this was going. Shouldn't be surprised given I've heard literally the same feelings about the author's previous Anime adaptation (Kato I think was the name)
Old 2020-02-05, 01:10   Link #139
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

So with the added knowledge of just how bad the manga is, it begs the question how did the publishers allow the manga to even be published? And who in their right mind (clearly they were not) gave the green light for an anime adaptation to be created?

Aren't there checks at various steps in the industry to ensure the story is written properly, and if it's a piece of trash, it doesn't get approved to get picked up by some anime studio?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 02:15   Link #140
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The manga sounds even worse than the show really. While this quickly became a dumpster fire I have to admit it was a really gripping one. Magase is one of those villains you just can't help but hate and that's good. It's just a shame that the author seems to think he's smarter than he his and went all philosophical when keeping it simple would have worked miles better. The end result clearly shows he does not have the chops to do the kind of deeply philosophical story he was hoping for (and the manga changes more than confirm that hypothesis).

And I know I tried to play devil's advocate there for a while but it's been pretty obvious for a while where this was going. Shouldn't be surprised given I've heard literally the same feelings about the author's previous Anime adaptation (Kato I think was the name)
Kado. And I think Babylon's even worse.

Tags
thriller