AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-03-26, 23:43   Link #81
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well to be fair the problem was not "killing then" rater than "do that in front of somali" it could leave her traumatized by seeying her father murdering then in that "rabbid form", because it could break her vision of a "lovely and good father and maybe bring back some "bad memories" from her past as slave before she get released, you could notice when the golem entered berserker and looked to the "monsters" with the killing intent the "demon guys" looked at somali and her confuse/little scared face, if somali not was that them maybe they could allowed him to kill then all as he wanted.
That's probably fair. Though I think if they just gave him an extra five minutes and then went searching they'd get a win/win scenario . The odds of this bunch running into humans again is low considering humanity is nearly extinct. But, I do think some lives could be protected letting psychos like that get their just deserts.

Oh well. In the end keeping the focus on Somali is probably for the best. Although a sad reality is that she'll have to face this kind of thing more in the future. No win scenarios where lives have to be taken to stay alive is just part of her future. But, focusing on the present isn't a bad thing.
Old 2020-03-26, 23:56   Link #82
Blueknight78

Another thing which i noticed is which only at the end which they were actually wearing the "cloths from the manga" not the original anime design", i t was a good reference for the end.
Old 2020-03-27, 18:20   Link #83
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I think Somali was wearing the outfit she had seen in the store window a couple episodes back.

This season has had a number of good shows, but I think this is the best of the bunch. Still can't decide whether to give it a ten. Certainly a very strong nine.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-27, 19:26   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I like her new outfit more mostly because it has better looking horns.
Old 2020-03-28, 13:45   Link #85
James Rye

Well, it didn't end with Somali's dad dying, so I am happy. No idea how he denies his body to not die and turn into a new forest but whatever. When he stood at the sea with all the Windrider roses I expected a sad good-bye, an explanation and Gole turning into a Tree which in the future will bring forth a new guardian of this forest, leaving Somali alone with her heart broken while her gift to her dad dangles from a branch.
Very open ending as we never found humans but after all the stories of how humans reacts to not-humans I am a bit glad about that tbh. just happy Somali and her dad stayed together forever.^^
Old 2020-03-28, 19:22   Link #86
Alchemist007
*Author

Very heartwarming and also wrenching story, they had good enough world building and the main cast of characters were great. In my top 2 of the season (tied with Pet).
9/10
Old 2020-03-31, 01:05   Link #87
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Well, it didn't end with Somali's dad dying, so I am happy. No idea how he denies his body to not die and turn into a new forest but whatever. When he stood at the sea with all the Windrider roses I expected a sad good-bye, an explanation and Gole turning into a Tree which in the future will bring forth a new guardian of this forest, leaving Somali alone with her heart broken while her gift to her dad dangles from a branch.
Very open ending as we never found humans but after all the stories of how humans reacts to not-humans I am a bit glad about that tbh. just happy Somali and her dad stayed together forever.^^
You must be thinking of that other manga.

Really enjoyed the anime, the later half of this episode was anime original, but I think the overall theme and mood fit the story. Definitely one of my favorites of the season.

The anime actually made a lot of other changes and re-arranges. Not sure if anyone cares to know what those were, but if so I can go into more detail in a spoiler tag.
Old 2020-03-31, 06:55   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
The anime actually made a lot of other changes and re-arranges. Not sure if anyone cares to know what those were, but if so I can go into more detail in a spoiler tag.
If it's no trouble for you, I'm interested. I didn't even know the latter half of this episode was anime original.
Old 2020-03-31, 21:23   Link #89
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'd also be very interested in knowing the changes, if you don't mind!
Old 2020-04-01, 18:10   Link #90
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If it's no trouble for you, I'm interested. I didn't even know the latter half of this episode was anime original.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I'd also be very interested in knowing the changes, if you don't mind!
Spoiler for Comparison to manga and omissions:
Old 2020-04-01, 18:45   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thank you! Quite a lot of changes, indeed.
Old 2020-04-03, 12:15   Link #92
VTHokiePride

I'm glad Mr. Golem stayed alive. However, since he left the forest to go on his journey, is there a guardian defending the forest in his absence.

Also, if all else fails, they can return to live in the Witches Village right? The head librarian accepted Somali before she passed and the captain of the guardians seemed to accept her dying superior's wish.
Old 2020-04-03, 18:38   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I'm glad Mr. Golem stayed alive. However, since he left the forest to go on his journey, is there a guardian defending the forest in his absence.
We know next to nothing about golems. It would depend on whether they're still being made or not. They're probably this show's biggest mystery.