AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-05-10, 13:17   Link #661
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think the writers share your sentments. The parents didn't have much of a case for anything other than his continuing to live at home with them. Benno is a decent enough guy, but I sided with Lutz's mom on the adoption issue..
Well... Lutz could have still visited them if he wanted to. Lutz would have gotten better living arrangements, food, and better education. I side with Benno and Lutz. I would have left them.

He's currently almost gone anyway due to where he is working and his experience/exposures now. Cut the strings that bind him and make it official.
Old 2020-05-10, 18:12   Link #662
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lutz is only seven, you don't separate a child that young from his parents unless there's abuse going on or other serious circumstances.
Old 2020-05-11, 11:12   Link #663
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Lutz is only seven, you don't separate a child that young from his parents unless there's abuse going on or other serious circumstances.
True permanent separation should be reserved for extreme cases.

However everyone watching probably had hoped Benno would adopt Lutz because it seemed so right. Benno needed an heir and Lutz whose family was never really happy about him being a merchant took to the craft so naturally.
Old 2020-05-11, 20:50   Link #664
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Today, yes. But this was far from strange in the middle ages, and maybe for a while afterward. A noble boy's life, particularly lower-ranking nobility like knights, would generally include being raised and taught by his mother for the first seven years, at which point he would be sent to the household of a friend or associate to work as a page, serving the head of that house in exchange for training, education and lessons in proper noble behavior. This'd continue until his early teens when he'd become a squire, and then a knight in his early twenties if he proves his worth.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-11, 21:02   Link #665
orion

Quote:
Other than what BWTraveller had said...

He's already separating from his family. He's renting space at his job. It would have been a "win" situation for him. Miss family, just visit them on the weekend. They could have treated it like a permanent boarding school.

Really, Lutz is lucky that Benno thought so much of him that he wasn't fired due to the family making a scene outside of his job. Who would in their right mind want to go back to living with no plumbing/heating if they had it better where they were working at?
Old 2020-05-12, 01:36   Link #666
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Today, yes. But this was far from strange in the middle ages, and maybe for a while afterward. A noble boy's life, particularly lower-ranking nobility like knights, would generally include being raised and taught by his mother for the first seven years, at which point he would be sent to the household of a friend or associate to work as a page, serving the head of that house in exchange for training, education and lessons in proper noble behavior. This'd continue until his early teens when he'd become a squire, and then a knight in his early twenties if he proves his worth.
He's not nobility. And they're not in our middle ages. In their world, commoner kids leave home at age 10.

(Also, compared to us, one could make a case Lutz' family were emotionally abusive.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Other than what BWTraveller had said...

He's already separating from his family. He's renting space at his job. It would have been a "win" situation for him. Miss family, just visit them on the weekend. They could have treated it like a permanent boarding school.

Really, Lutz is lucky that Benno thought so much of him that he wasn't fired due to the family making a scene outside of his job. Who would in their right mind want to go back to living with no plumbing/heating if they had it better where they were working at?
Judging by Main's home, they have heating. It's not great, but it's there. And judging by her chambers at the temple, plumbing isn't a thing even for nobles.

His room at Benno's isn't heated, OTOH. And he has to buy his own food. That's what it means to be a live-in apprentice.

Of course, if he'd been adopted, he'd have been treated like Benno's son, with his own room and copious amounts of food.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-12, 15:16   Link #667
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I was merely pointing out that the idea that "a kid of seven shouldn't be separated from parents unless he's being abused" is really a rather modern concept and not necessarily applicable in a more medieval-styled society. Besides, they've stated that they have live-in apprentices, meaning that while it's not a given that kids (noble or common) will move out so early, it's certainly a valid choice available to children at that age.
Old 2020-05-12, 15:51   Link #668
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I was merely pointing out that the idea that "a kid of seven shouldn't be separated from parents unless he's being abused" is really a rather modern concept and not necessarily applicable in a more medieval-styled society. Besides, they've stated that they have live-in apprentices, meaning that while it's not a given that kids (noble or common) will move out so early, it's certainly a valid choice available to children at that age.
It's mostly for orphans. It's not quite as bad as the temple, but it's only a step up. It's still thought of as a very harsh life.

(And my point was that while they're different from our modern world, they're also different from the circumstances you described. They have their own sense of what's normal, and leaving your family that soon isn't it.)
Old 2020-05-12, 23:19   Link #669
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I really don't like that Lutz essentially had to take the vast majority of the blame and shame, as well as apologize, all because of his father's shitty communication skills (and also his mother by some extension, because if she's able to make sense of what the man actually means... then she could've just as easily explained things earlier, too).

It's not his fault that his father can barely articulate himself better than a person raised by animals.
Old 2020-05-16, 16:16   Link #670
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was so unexpected that I burst out laughing when Ferdinand started singing. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've heard Hayami sing often. I was surprised Main recognized the notes, that's not something anyone can do. We weren't told the reason though, unless it stated in a previous episode that she studied music at some point. She really doesn't strike me as the type though.

The reveal that you can only reproduce with people with a similar level of mana as your own was interesting. I'd say Main's choices are probably going to be narrow, because it seems to me she has a lot of mana. Normally, she wouldn't really have a choice and would just be forced to pump out babies, but Ferdinand is offering her the opportunity to obtain a higher standing through his lessons.

Rosina was less of a handful than I thought she'd be. And wow, that was an awfully nice way of saying Wilma got raped...
Old 2020-05-16, 17:25   Link #671
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It was so unexpected that I burst out laughing when Ferdinand started singing. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've heard Hayami sing often.
For some reason, I thought the performance more comical than beautiful... I couldn't help laughing.

Quote:
I was surprised Main recognized the notes, that's not something anyone can do. We weren't told the reason though, unless it stated in a previous episode that she studied music at some point. She really doesn't strike me as the type though.
She studied the piano. I don't remember if it was as part of her normal school curriculum or one of those things her mother forced her through (like basket weaving or crochet or a bunch of other things...)

She also mentioned that her Main body had better ears than her Urano one.
Quote:
The reveal that you can only reproduce with people with a similar level of mana as your own was interesting. I'd say Main's choices are probably going to be narrow, because it seems to me she has a lot of mana.
Yeah, sorry, Lutz x Main shippers.

Quote:
Normally, she wouldn't really have a choice and would just be forced to pump out babies, but Ferdinand is offering her the opportunity to obtain a higher standing through his lessons.
Speaking of, in the LN, he was more hands off in the Rosina matter. He just confirmed that her behavior wasn't normal and let Main handle it. While being provisionally gratified that this time she decided to hear out everyone unlike what happened with Lutz. I thought it was part of his efforts to raise her into a noble woman instead of a womb on legs.
Old 2020-05-16, 17:35   Link #672
Wandering Soul

Now that it's been revealed that you can only have kids with people that have the same mana level as you, the hopes of Main x Liutz shippers have been dashed.

Rosina assimilated into the group fairly easy and wasn't that much of a problem.

That was a cute way to say she was raped.
Old 2020-05-16, 17:38   Link #673
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
I don't think I've heard Hayami sing often
He sings quite a lot, actually.
Here's, for example him singing as an otome game character:

live singing
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

a duet with Tanaka Hideyuki (Hayami was 57 at the time of recording, Tanaka was 65)
YouTube

And here's him singing with Minase Inori:
YouTube
AntonKutovoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-16, 21:34   Link #674
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Now that it's been revealed that you can only have kids with people that have the same mana level as you, the hopes of Main x Liutz shippers have been dashed.

Rosina assimilated into the group fairly easy and wasn't that much of a problem.

That was a cute way to say she was raped.
Well Main is a child, after all, so Rosina had to be delicate about it.

That means that Main x Ferdinand is a possibility. He even gave her bedclothes as a gift. Guess, he can't be too upset about Benno now.

Last edited by orion; 2020-05-16 at 21:50.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-16, 22:33   Link #675
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I wouldn't go so far as to say Lutz x Main is impossible. It's just that it's now a tougher decision. There are plenty of people who would still choose the same man/woman knowing that it'd mean they'd never have children. I kind of suspect that at the very least their love will continue to blossom and will as a result create some serious drama down the line when the matter of marriage becomes a bit more immediate.
Old 2020-05-17, 00:53   Link #676
orion

Quote:
I wouldn't go so far as to say Lutz x Main is impossible. It's just that it's now a tougher decision. There are plenty of people who would still choose the same man/woman knowing that it'd mean they'd never have children. I kind of suspect that at the very least their love will continue to blossom and will as a result create some serious drama down the line when the matter of marriage becomes a bit more immediate.
Or Lutz will be killed by a noble family, thus ending Main's future dilemma. Main is a noble. Lutz is not going to enter in the equation anymore as Benno did not adopt him.
Old 2020-05-17, 01:44   Link #677
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Main, as a noble, will still have the duty to pump out a few mana-rich babies.

I suppose a question would be whether noble women keeping boy toys is as accepted as noble men having mistresses and concubines. Especially since the problem of bastards almost solves itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or Lutz will be killed by a noble family, thus ending Main's future dilemma. Main is a noble. Lutz is not going to enter in the equation anymore as Benno did not adopt him.
It wouldn't change a thing even if he had. Benno's a commoner too. And adoption wouldn't change the physiological truth that Lutz has no mana.
Old 2020-05-17, 02:04   Link #678
Tenzen12

If Ferdinand manage crawl himself into better position and Mein make enough money and influence herself she might be able avoid political marriage altogether and she is director of orphanage so if she wanted rise child with Lutz she can just pick one there.

Depending how much her health improves now that she has access to magical items it can be also safer for her body.
Old 2020-05-17, 02:37   Link #679
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
That's even assuming Main wants to procreate. And, there's no way her family is marrying her off to someone she doesn't want to be married to. With that said it's obviously going to become an obstacle in the future if the LN gets that far.
Old 2020-05-17, 02:52   Link #680
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
That's even assuming Main wants to procreate. And, there's no way her family is marrying her off to someone she doesn't want to be married to. With that said it's obviously going to become an obstacle in the future if the LN gets that far.
The people who can order her and her whole family executed want her to procreate.