AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-06-28, 11:17   Link #121
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't know what to feel about the fact that this entire situation was basically started because of a misunderstanding that lead to manslaughter. On the one hand, I hate misunderstandings more than anything but on the other hand, there was a substantial build up to it that I have to admit lead me to make that same misunderstanding. I suppose the saving grace is that I don't feel the show is blaming one person in particular for this mess: I feel like the show is making it pretty clear that they all fucked up. Kaito and others were on completely different wavelengths but didn't realise because they weren't communicating with each other properly and now they're all paying the consequences for it.

Last edited by Haak; 2020-06-28 at 11:52.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 12:09   Link #122
EroKing
Version Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
She thought she deserved it, out of guilt. But that's not exactly the same as actively wanting to die.
Yep, this. I got the same feeling when I read the manga as well.

Episode 13 Thoughts.
Arara~ The entire episode was original, making the story so far here look a lot weird and disjointed. Fight scene was pretty cool but that was about it. A totally meh ending to the anime. The manga on the other hand is quite interesting, those who would like to pick it up can check it out from chapter 35.

Last edited by EroKing; 2020-06-28 at 12:20.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 13:00   Link #123
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 13:21   Link #124
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a weirdly disjointed finale. The first half was actually really strong with Claire's visit to Shuichi's house, but then everything started kicking off for no reason and ultimately ended by going back to square one: I guess it's not surprising that it was all anime original. They wanted to find some way to wrap up the season whilst having an open ending but the conclusion felt awfully half baked.

Overall I can only hope there's some kind of continuation because without a conclusion to anything the show resigns itself to forgettable mediocrity, which is a damn shame.
Old 2020-06-28, 16:31   Link #125
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
Who exactly is this staff member you're talking about? Does this person have a reputation for doing this, and in what previous shows?

I suppose it was inevitable due to the 13-episode structure this show used, but this anime-original ending seems like a bit of a letdown to me. We still don't know a great deal about what "Honoka's" deal is, what her exact nature is, or how Kaito managed to get 100 coins so early, or why "Honoka's" existence threatens the world, etc.

By all rights this series deserves a second season so we can get the answers, but given how slowly the manga is releasing (1 or 2 chapters a month) we might not get another season for quite some time. And that's a shame because the anime and especially the seiyuus did a fine job within its limits.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 18:07   Link #126
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have no idea what they were thinking when they made this episode. The only way a second season could be made is if all those anime original parts were actually manga spoilers. Other than the group breaking up, I guess the episode didn't outright contradict the manga.

If Shuichi's situation is non-canon though, then the episode was just pointless. It didn't answer or resolve anything.
Old 2020-06-28, 19:00   Link #127
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Who exactly is this staff member you're talking about? Does this person have a reputation for doing this, and in what previous shows?
Takahashi Natsuko
I'd suggest you try and watch the most recent adaption of Houshin Engi.

I'll give you some candy if you manage to watch the entire thing.

Of course, there was one time Ibata Yoshihide pretty much whistleblew on her behavior that led to his departure from Poco's Udon World too.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 22:11   Link #128
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The series exceeded my initial expectations (which were that it was going to be shit). But...

The whole nonsense with how the crux of the situation was kicked off by a misunderstanding that led to a dude turning into a psychopath? The drops in animation? The way certain characters are entirely dealt with in either a single episode or off-screen (which I am aware is similar if not identical in some cases to the manga)? And not to mention this weird ending with original content that served little to no purpose...

Bleh. I don't regret watching it, but I ended up rooting for it more than I should've bothered. It's a 6/10 for me.
Old 2020-06-29, 06:17   Link #129
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have no idea what they were thinking when they made this episode. The only way a second season could be made is if all those anime original parts were actually manga spoilers. Other than the group breaking up, I guess the episode didn't outright contradict the manga.

If Shuichi's situation is non-canon though, then the episode was just pointless. It didn't answer or resolve anything.
They contradicted various things so I think is fair to say a second season is not gonna happen.
Old 2020-06-29, 16:55   Link #130
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't know what to feel about the fact that this entire situation was basically started because of a misunderstanding that lead to manslaughter.
There was no manslaughter. It was premeditated murder.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 17:25   Link #131
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There was no manslaughter. It was premeditated murder.
IANAL so I don't know where the line is drawn on what counts as exceptional circumstances, particularly when it involves aliens, superpowers and a credible belief that you don't have access to official law enforcement.

I just called it manslaughter purely to recognise that there were "accidental" circumstances involved. Whether or not that legally counts, I have no idea.
Old 2020-06-29, 18:42   Link #132
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The author of the manga seems to really want a second season to happen, so it doesn't look like what happened in the final episode is a game breaker for him.
Old 2020-06-29, 19:36   Link #133
Mazryonh

Quote:
The author of the manga seems to really want a second season to happen, so it doesn't look like what happened in the final episode is a game breaker for him.
Does the author have a Twitter account where s/he actually said that? Or is that from another source?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 20:54   Link #134
Kazu-kun

Quote:
so it doesn't look like what happened in the final episode is a game breaker for him.
It is if they want to follow the manga closely. Maybe the author doesn't mind if they do their own thing.
Old 2020-06-30, 02:07   Link #135
Tuor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
IANAL so I don't know where the line is drawn on what counts as exceptional circumstances, particularly when it involves aliens, superpowers and a credible belief that you don't have access to official law enforcement.

I just called it manslaughter purely to recognise that there were "accidental" circumstances involved. Whether or not that legally counts, I have no idea.
In most states, Manslaughter and Involuntary Homicide mean roughly the same thing: the person who committed the act didn't intend to kill anyone, but is still responsible for doing so. Kaito *definitely* intended to murder Haruka and came prepared to do so, which makes it straight up First Degree Murder in most states. INAL, either, but that's pretty straightforward stuff.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 06:45   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Does the author have a Twitter account where s/he actually said that? Or is that from another source?
He has a twitter, @takeburuo16. I can't read Japanese myself, but I heard he said he would work hard so a S2 can be made, and in the discussions he replies to every tweet saying they want a S2 with hearts and stuff.
Old 2020-07-03, 23:04   Link #137
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Yep, this. I got the same feeling when I read the manga as well.

Episode 13 Thoughts.
Arara~ The entire episode was original, making the story so far here look a lot weird and disjointed. Fight scene was pretty cool but that was about it. A totally meh ending to the anime. The manga on the other hand is quite interesting, those who would like to pick it up can check it out from chapter 35.
well thats a huge disappointment, the first 12 eps were moving along well. going with this original ending is BS.was the last scenes in the mountains the only cannon scene along with a few Elena/Clairex Shuichi river bank scenes? ive only read up to the end of volume 6 ie crash site guardians.

the show gets a 10/10 but the last ep bumps it down to 8/10 for the original ending.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-04, 02:09   Link #138
bastek66

At which chapter adaptation ended and how different was original ending?
Old 2020-07-04, 02:25   Link #139
EroKing
Version Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Episode 12 covers most of chapter 35 from the manga, you can start from there if you wish to pick it up. Original ending was very different, episode 13 entirely was. Pointed out a few posts above
Old 2020-07-04, 09:49   Link #140
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
ep 12 ended on ch 35 where Naoto realized he killed Honoka/Aiko and goes crazy. all was on track at this point.

guessing the name of Honoka ghoul in the first scene is real but the lore behind that has been distorted in ep13. this happened in ch36 actually

the last 2-3 pages of ch35 are when the 3 decide to go to the crash site.

pretty much anything from the end of ch12 add 4 scenes from manga, skip all of ep13 until the last scene where they meet up on the mountain. ep 13 was on track for the first 4 minutes up until she goes to his home, then cut to the last mountain gathering scene. though they never decided to hand over the coins and disband as far as i know ATM.
if they did the ep13 properly here's how:
guess her name or die scene remains in ep13. the 3 people Claire, shuichi and black blade demon head to the crash site. they meet up with 2 people standing guard on its perimeter for some equally amazing fight. i havent read past ch39 so i dont know if they meet Naoto and fight but they could have ended the ep beating the 2 guards and leave us hanging wondering what they were guarding until se2 comes out.............

Last edited by X207; 2020-07-04 at 10:03.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote