AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 63 71.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 23.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 3.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-21, 01:35   Link #161
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
I was. Ryuko is the protagonist for this show. Just like any main character in any Go Nagai film. What I was saying that you do see the "sukeban" character as a side character. With the exception of shows like Sukeban Deka (I have yet to see the anime, but I'm sure I can find it somewhere). But we're talking about a "hot blooded" female in the same vein as everything that ever came out of a Go Nagai series. All those characters were male, the guy in Getta Robo, Koji Kabuto in Mazinger-Z. Funny thing is Go Nagai is probably one that pushed the whole rough edged hero. The delinquent hero, etc... from the 70's to the 80's. Godannar was close but not close enough. GGG harkens back to that era. Which is probably why Kill la Kill also harkens back to the whole screaming hot-bloodedness. But Ryuko has that deliquent attitude but again she's is the protagonist. It started with her but it's finishing with her and Satsuki. Satsuki is pretty "hot-blooded" herself but her's is a case of finesse and authority. But it's the vernacular of the streets, that's often found in banchou's and sukebans that I like.
We were talking about whether the protagonist from Sukeban Deka was the first "hotblooded female". GGG, Godannar, and KLK are fine and all, but irrelevant as far as the question goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
No, outside of Satsuki's apology (which I've already talked about). The show has made the Honnouji Faction more sympathetic, but the Devas have never once demonstrated any regret over what they did. They'd show little to no hesitation attacking Ryuko and Nudist Beach on Satsuki's command even now. (And by "little to no hesitation", I mean that Gamagoori would be bothered by such an order but he'd still do it. The other three wouldn't bat an eye.) The Devas haven't become any better. The show just stopped looking at their nastier traits.
I think it's safe to say all the Devas would at the very least "bat an eye", and at this point Gamagoori would probably disobey if ordered specifically to attack Mako (though I can't see him ever attacking Satsuki, even at Mako's behest). I never suggested they would have any regret over what they did under Satsuki, or that they wouldn't still obey her. That's not a requirement for change.
Old 2014-03-21, 12:48   Link #162
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
We were talking about whether the protagonist from Sukeban Deka was the first "hotblooded female". GGG, Godannar, and KLK are fine and all, but irrelevant as far as the question goes.
Ah, so the first goes to Sukeban Deka. I'l have to check that out. Thanks for that.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2014-03-21, 18:15   Link #163
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I recommend the live-action at Dailymotion.
Old 2014-03-21, 20:36   Link #164
J the Drafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I think it's safe to say all the Devas would at the very least "bat an eye", and at this point Gamagoori would probably disobey if ordered specifically to attack Mako (though I can't see him ever attacking Satsuki, even at Mako's behest). I never suggested they would have any regret over what they did under Satsuki, or that they wouldn't still obey her. That's not a requirement for change.
They're no longer ruling over Honnouji Academy because a) that's now impossible and b) post-apology!Satsuki wouldn't want them to. The Devas are still unquestioningly loyal to their master. That has been a constant in their characterization.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
Old 2014-03-22, 02:21   Link #165
Kazu-kun

This argument is pointless when the show itself it's obviously not interested in dealing with the moral issue.

I understand that you think the Elite 4 did something wrong, but the show doesn't seem to agree with that. I already said that even Satsuki's apology was framed in the context of her realizing that her methods weren't working, not that they were morally wrong. That considering, you really shouldn't expect any serious moral judgment from this show.

Tags
pure awesomeness