AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 12 22.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 22.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 20.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-29, 09:54   Link #21
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I guess from the preview Gamagoori is going to spend the rest of the tournament showing off his naked form...lol talk about hypocrisy when he chastizes Ryuuko's appearance
Old 2013-11-29, 10:03   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
No one commenting on Mako having a nosebleed when Ryuko was hung from the edge of the arena ? I'm disappointed.
It's not the first time Ryuko gave her a nosebleed. We've known for a while that Mako is gay for Ryuko now, it's so obvious there's no need to comment on it anymore
Old 2013-11-29, 14:46   Link #23
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
The ship is powerful with these ones .
If you notice, Gamagoori and his naked self are hanging out with Mako in the next episode preview. He's also previously gotten along well with her. Perhaps he's going to try to sink that ship...?
Old 2013-11-29, 14:55   Link #24
DorkingtonPugsly

Awesome fight, they never disappoint me (so far)! And lots of sexy shots of Ryuko~
The new form was really awesome too.
Old 2013-11-29, 15:11   Link #25
Candyshark

Is he? Maybe Satsuki forbid him to put any clothes on...

The man is harmless. The most adorable creature in KLK universe is sleeping right next to him and is unfazed.

I was amused how Satsuki was present this episode even more benevolent as ususal with background light and all. I won't be surprised if she grows halo and wings next episode. I doubt they view her as equal more like entity of higher order.

P.S. I still wondering why Yuzuki does not change her voice for younger Satsuki.
Old 2013-11-29, 18:20   Link #26
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
The man is harmless. The most adorable creature in KLK universe is sleeping right next to him and is unfazed.
Like anything does faze her... This is the same girl who was about to be dropped in boiling oil and her only worry was that it would make her uniform see-through...

...As she was hanging upside down with most of her boobs hanging out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
P.S. I still wondering why Yuzuki does not change her voice for younger Satsuki.
It is changed slightly, but her efforts and her "determined" voice are the same. And keep in mind that her seiyuu is nearly 40.

Speaking of seiyuu, I know Tetsu Inada has been amazing as Gamagoori, but how much better would it have been had he been voiced by Norio Wakamoto? This episode alone would have broken the Internet.
Old 2013-11-29, 19:01   Link #27
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
If you notice, Gamagoori and his naked self are hanging out with Mako in the next episode preview. He's also previously gotten along well with her. Perhaps he's going to try to sink that ship...?

As much as I love the Ryuuko Mako ship. I wouldn't mind seeing that just for the lolz.
Old 2013-11-29, 20:07   Link #28
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
As much as I love the Ryuuko Mako ship. I wouldn't mind seeing that just for the lolz.
I'm not one for shipping, myself. Matter of fact, it pretty much annoys me without exception. But as cute as Mako is, her hooking up with and face-turning Gamagoori would be even cuter.
Old 2013-11-29, 20:18   Link #29
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Wow, Gamagoori sure has some mind-boggling proportions.

Anyway, we haven't seen Inumuta in action yet, so I'm looking forward to Ryuuko's next fight.
Old 2013-11-30, 07:29   Link #30
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

honestly.... I think Gamagoori's uniform is the coolest uniform currently
Blade Regalia isn't really that cool

Well, I'm little irritated with Matoi's arrogance... but Senketsu second form is very cool too

this is the best episode for me so far... Gamagoori is an interesting opponent (even Satsuki gave him second chance without him begging for it... wow!)

but... um.... well... that whipping thing from crotch... eww..
Old 2013-11-30, 10:35   Link #31
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Dat ass spanking.

I-I mean, Senketsu Senjin was awesome. I guess she'll get a transformation/power-up after she defeats each of the four devas. Nonon being last? that's the one Sen-i-Soshitsu I look forward to.

Feel kinda sorry for Gamagoori. All he is is a giant fairly nice guy with some strong loyalty. I knew she'd stop 'em. His outfit makes complete sense given his fetish and I'm glad they didn't hold back.
Old 2013-11-30, 11:36   Link #32
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I do like the role reversal this show has going on, which other viewers have mentioned before.

Matoi really does have many villainous (or at least anti-hero) traits, while Satsuki and the Elite Four actually have many heroic traits.

Matoi is a bit arrogant, and she definitely has a Vegeta-esque steamroller mentality where she just wants to beat up anybody that's in her way. Don't get me wrong, I like Matoi, but she has interesting and somewhat unusual character flaws for a lead protagonist. And Gamagoori has a point that her motivations are a bit small-minded relative to Satsuki's.

Satsuki wants to change the world, for the better, as she sees it. She may be misguided, she may be harsh in her methods, but I do think she sincerely wants to better the world and better humanity by attacking what makes humans weak, as Satsuki sees it. The Satsuki flashbacks we've been treated to so far also show that she can be a rather heroic figure at times

Matoi's main motivation is very personal, with a touch of revenge to it. Matoi's motivation is much more in the realm of the anti-hero or the villain than in the realm of the hero.

I find this role reversal to be pretty cleverly-written, with surprising subtlety given how entertainingly loud and bombastic this show is in most ways.

I suspect that Matoi is going to be in for a surprise when she finds out who killed her father. I don't think its Satsuki. Satsuki seems rather calm about the idea of revealing this to Matoi. No, I think the person who killed Matoi's father is actually a certain homeroom teacher. After all, he's the one who tried to talk Matoi out of fighting the Elite Four, isn't he? Is it because he doesn't want Matoi to find out the terrible truth from Satsuki?

I'll take this speculation one step forward - Matoi's father snapped one day, went full "mad scientist", and that forced Aikuro to kill him. If I'm right about this, then Matoi finding this out will be a huge watershed moment for her.
Old 2013-11-30, 11:40   Link #33
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Dat ass spanking.

I-I mean, Senketsu Senjin was awesome. I guess she'll get a transformation/power-up after she defeats each of the four devas. Nonon being last? that's the one Sen-i-Soshitsu I look forward to.
The highest pillar goes to Sanageyama so he'll be the last one to fight Ryuuko. I'm not only looking forward to her clothes getting completely ripped off but her lewd transformation as well.
Old 2013-11-30, 12:17   Link #34
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

So the re-match will be the final battle hmm? she'll definitely win that.

Also, I don't see Ryuuko as more villainous. She's brash sure, but Satsuki still seems to hold that for me.
Old 2013-11-30, 13:40   Link #35
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

I think that in terms of the sexual dynamics of the series and the power dynamics of the series, this episode has been the most interesting conceptually. Linking the two concepts is normally only the sort of thing you see in low brow trash hentai OVAs. It's hardly like those kind of things take time to think through the themes they are trying to present. Here we get a more purposefully invocation of control as sexuality, and sexuality as masochism. My analysis is here. I also recommend it to people who need a bit of catch up with the BDSM philosophy aspects.

Besides that, the two real stand out moments of this episode was where when Stripper Sensei knocked Mako into the background art, and the ending of the flashback sequence. The former because it was such a fun play on the art style. It almost reminded me of the way that during stage plays, the background is a physical place on the set. The second moment for much less clinically detached moments. It was so touching and meaningful, with the designs and the art style intensifying the moment so much.

Keep calm and carry on, Kill La Kill team.
Old 2013-11-30, 13:48   Link #36
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
This show gets all my 10s for the year!

But seriously, KLK has been a real blast so far, and this episode certainly hasn't changed that. I'm loving the back stories and this week's fight(and funny random visuals) was great. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the other half of the elites joined up with Satsuki, as well as their fights and a certain rematch... or two, assuming Satsuki decides to dirty her hands again.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2013-12-03, 17:17   Link #37
Raymondjram

I found this in a Crunchyroll news article:

Spoiler for Future image of Nonon Jakuzure:

We will see in the future episodes if this is really true.
Old 2013-12-03, 17:33   Link #38
Vito
Asshole.

Let me take a wild guess, that article was written by Scott Green? Same guy who sprinkles most of his articles with... FANART.
Old 2013-12-03, 18:11   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's not even Nonon in the pic, just come Pretty Cure.
Old 2013-12-03, 20:14   Link #40
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
I found this in a Crunchyroll news article:

Spoiler for Future image of Nonon Jakuzure:

We will see in the future episodes if this is really true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's not even Nonon in the pic, just come Pretty Cure.
More specifically, that's Cure Melody/Houjou Hibiki, who (like Ryuuko) was voiced by Koshimizu Ami. No relation to Nonon at all.
Closed Thread