AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-01, 22:18   Link #15521
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Didn't that already happen in R2, episode 7?
Right. But I would kill to see Lelouch kiss someone because he felt something for her.

Oh yeah, has anyone read the latest CG manga? I really want to read it. If anyone knows where I can get a hold of raw/chinese scans, feel free to PM me. Thanks in return.

The manga is following the R2 storyline now. I love the arabian costume they put Kallen in the manga version of the R2 ep2 confrontation between Kallen and Lelouch.

Spoiler for CG manga:
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:28   Link #15522
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
If she were a real person, I would say her hair is red. Since she's anime, more of a maroon or dark magenta.
I've seen natural maroon hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Right. But I would kill to see Lelouch kiss someone because he felt something for her.

Oh yeah, has anyone read the latest CG manga? I really want to read it. If anyone knows where I can get a hold of raw/chinese scans, feel free to PM me. Thanks in return.

The manga is following the R2 storyline now. I love the arabian costume they put Kallen in the manga version of the R2 ep2 confrontation between Kallen and Lelouch.

Spoiler for CG manga:
*Rolls around on the floor*

Seriously, LotR is a fan's dream come true.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:31   Link #15523
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

Spoiler for CG manga:
That's a great pic of Kallen, but why are they on R2 already? I thougt the CG manga was barely at the start of season 1.
Old 2008-10-01, 22:31   Link #15524
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
yeah trolled us in the not as planned season. WHo knows what could have happened had tha actual planned season 2 had gotten released.
With the strong success of Gode Geass, as it is, there might be a chance that Sunrise might give Taniguchi another Code Geass series that could be the planned version that he wanted. If they could do another Mai Hime alternate version, they could certainly do an alternate version of Code Geass R2. But the storyline would have to be different from the R2 season that we got because it would not make any sense to repeat the same events.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:33   Link #15525
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Oh really? I wonder how he knew such a thing...
"Fake Ōkouchi" and "Fake Yoshino" in 2ch spoiler threads. (These are nicknames people gave them, since in 2ch system the usernames are a combination of alphabet and numbers.)
They are staff members allowed to give hints and background settings in 2ch during December 2006 to August 2007. It started with Fake Ōkouchi giving hints and answering questions on Friday nights. A couple months later Fake Yoshino joined, showing up more often. 2ch spoiler thread has been so hyped up thanks to them. They never appeared for R2 though.

In a Q&A format, they skillfully gave hints on future episodes and kept people guessing, without giving away the main plot. They also answered questions in previous episodes and give background settings to make things more clear.
And of course, they often replied like "I'm not allowed to say", "this is too close to the core", and "no comment".

[slightly off-topic] Since they've been so accurate, it led to morons who were overconfident in reading Japanese (but totally sucked), and have no idea how 2ch board works, rush to 2ch and kiss the toes of every 2ch poster. Pathetic. 2ch isn't some announcement board, but a board where everyone is free to post. Fake Ōkouchi/Fake Yoshino give hints, others are free to discuss. But these morons fail to notice that. They take every post seriously and wail and whine about those "spoilers".
Thanks to these morons "translating" and posting shinanigans everywhere, people's opinion goes from "2ch is godly" to "2ch is junk". This happened in English fandom and Chinese AFAIK. That's not the case in Japan because *gasp* they can read. [/off-topic]

Since Fake Ōkouchi gave hints real early, as the story progresses, sometimes he'd tell us about a change of plan. For example 1) Shirley&Mao's arc was 3 episodes but changed to 4; 2) Kallen's encouragement kiss was removed; 3) they sped up the progress near the ending to fit the Tokyo battle in the end of Stage 23 instead of Stage 25 (hinted).

Kallen's kiss was explained in detail because people kept asking about it.
It was a part of this set of hints: "XXX gives XXX a road. XXX gives XXX a name. XXX gives XXX courage. XXX gives XXX death."
The answer is "Euphie gives Suzaku a road. Ohgi gives Chigusa a name. Lelouch gives Kallen courage. Lelouch gives Euphie death."
The kiss was between Stage 18-20, after she feels shaken. In later episodes when she has doubts, she recalls the kiss and fights on.
It's for encouragement, that's all. And there's nowhere for it to fit in after Stage 25 because the whole situation is different and she no longer needs that.

Some people suspect Fake Ōkouchi to be Mr. Ōkouchi himself. For he obviously knew the whole picture and knew too many background settings to not be one of the core members of writers/producers. And the details he gave which came out slightly different (how Lelouch speaks to Toudou in Stage 17, Lelouch's first reaction on Gawain in Stage 19) only happened in episodes not written by Ōkouchi.

The staff did keep an eye on 2ch. They made measures to keep spoilers from going out of hand. And 2ch jokes appearing in official material (like Orange jokes, Cornelia's nickname) in another sign that they have people keeping eye on internet fandom. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Adding to that, I believe this is an old scan which also mentions the kiss, for those interested.

Apparently that was published by Megami magazine at some point during the first season.
Yep that's the one. I'm surprised someone kept this old clipping.
People asked in 2ch spoiler thread and Fake Ōkouchi said err that's the canceled kiss mentioned before. It's just that Megami didn't change it.

It's leaves the impression of "Megami gives outdated news" since.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:36   Link #15526
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I've seen natural maroon hair.
[/COLOR][/B]
Yes, it is technically possible to have maroon hair, although that's not so much because of melanin (which can only do shades of brown and red) but due to the refraction of light within the hair shafts. It's similar to how birds get much of their color from the refraction of light within feathers.

So maybe anime hair has a greater refraction index than normal human hair.
Old 2008-10-01, 22:39   Link #15527
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
"Fake Ōkouchi" and "Fake Yoshino" in 2ch spoiler threads. (These are nicknames people gave them, since in 2ch system the usernames are a combination of alphabet and numbers.)
They are staff members allowed to give hints and background settings in 2ch during December 2006 to August 2007. It started with Fake Ōkouchi giving hints and answering questions on Friday nights. A couple months later Fake Yoshino joined, showing up more often. 2ch spoiler thread has been so hyped up thanks to them. They never appeared for R2 though.

In a Q&A format, they skillfully gave hints on future episodes and kept people guessing, without giving away the main plot. They also answered questions in previous episodes and give background settings to make things more clear.
And of course, they often replied like "I'm not allowed to say", "this is too close to the core", and "no comment".

[slightly off-topic] Since they've been so accurate, it led to morons who were overconfident in reading Japanese (but totally sucked), and have no idea how 2ch board works, rush to 2ch and kiss the toes of every 2ch poster. Pathetic. 2ch isn't some announcement board, but a board where everyone is free to post. Fake Ōkouchi/Fake Yoshino give hints, others are free to discuss. But these morons fail to notice that. They take every post seriously and wail and whine about those "spoilers".
Thanks to these morons "translating" and posting shinanigans everywhere, people's opinion goes from "2ch is godly" to "2ch is junk". This happened in English fandom and Chinese AFAIK. That's not the case in Japan because *gasp* they can read. [/off-topic]

Since Fake Ōkouchi gave hints real early, as the story progresses, sometimes he'd tell us about a change of plan. For example 1) Shirley&Mao's arc was 3 episodes but changed to 4; 2) Kallen's encouragement kiss was removed; 3) they sped up the progress near the ending to fit the Tokyo battle in the end of Stage 23 instead of Stage 25 (hinted).

It was a part of this set of hints: "XXX gives XXX a road. XXX gives XXX a name. XXX gives XXX courage. XXX gives XXX death."
The answer is "Euphie gives Suzaku a road. Ohgi gives Chigusa a name. Lelouch gives Kallen courage. Lelouch gives Euphie death."
The kiss was between Stage 18-20, after she feels shaken. In later episodes when she has doubts, she recalls the kiss and fights on.
It's for encouragement, that's all. And there's nowhere for it to fit in after Stage 25 because the whole situation is different and she no longer needs that.

Some people suspect Fake Ōkouchi to be Mr. Ōkouchi himself. For he obviously knew the whole picture and knew too many background settings to not be one of the core members of writers/producers. And the details he gave which came out slightly different (how Lelouch speaks to Toudou in Stage 17, Lelouch's first reaction on Gawain in Stage 19) only happened in episodes not written by Ōkouchi.

The staff did keep an eye on 2ch. They made measures to keep spoilers from going out of hand. And 2ch jokes appearing in official material (like Orange jokes, Cornelia's nickname) in another sign that they have people keeping eye on internet fandom. XD

People asked in 2ch spoiler thread and Fake Ōkouchi said err that's the canceled kiss mentioned before. It's just that Megami didn't change it.

Thank Heavens the kiss didn't happen!

Quote:
Yes, it is technically possible to have maroon hair, although that's not so much because of melanin (which can only due shades of brown and red) but due to the refraction of light within the hair shafts. It's similar to how birds get much of their color from the refraction of light within feathers.

So maybe anime hair has a greater refraction index than normal human hair.
Perhaps so. Anyway, it's the main reason I love Kallen's hair: It fits her personality AND reality.
Old 2008-10-01, 22:53   Link #15528
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

My goodness. Thank you for the exceptionally informative post Koshimizu! I had no idea the staff kept such an eye on the internet chatter (at least 2ch) in regards to Code Geass. Mind you, this does beg the question...if they were at least at some point keeping an eye on things, I wonder if they expected or are surprised by the current discussions related to the ending of Code Geass? Keikaku Doori perhaps?

At least the rage against the *apparent* lack of Kallen's gumline should have been -_-
Old 2008-10-01, 22:54   Link #15529
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:

Spoiler for CG manga:
Oi!! Cute scan!! I wish I could read the manga....
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:01   Link #15530
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Thanks for the infos, koshimizu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
My goodness. Thank you for the exceptionally informative post Koshimizu! I had no idea the staff kept such an eye on the internet chatter (at least 2ch) in regards to Code Geass. Mind you, this does beg the question...if they were at least at some point keeping an eye on things, I wonder if they expected or are surprised by the current discussions related to the ending of Code Geass? Keikaku Doori perhaps?

At least the rage against the *apparent* lack of Kallen's gumline should have been -_-
About the gumline, koshimizu posted this in the episode thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...50#post1946250

And also this a few minutes ago http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1391
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:05   Link #15531
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

About the gumline, koshimizu posted this in the episode thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...50#post1946250

And also this a few minutes ago http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1391
My reply on the matter: If that was what the line ws supposed to be......

HOW CAN THAT BE KALLEN'S MOST IMPORTANT LINE?!?!?!

That was certainly a bad choice
Old 2008-10-01, 23:10   Link #15532
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

It makes sense on a conceptual level, although I don't know why they would have taken out the '...I won't forgive you,' part considering that it would match Kallen's mentality at that point. Over the past year, C.C. basically became her best friend and confidant. Now, she's apparently betrayed her and is helping Lelouch tear apart all they fought together for. I think it would have made the moment more poinant myself. But anyway, que sera, sera.

Quote:
Well, it would show the contridiction between C.C., who is helping Lelouch w/ a plan that involves his own death, even though she loves him AND Kallen who is trying to stop Lelouch from his (apparent) bid to take over the world, despite the fact that she loves him.
Old 2008-10-01, 23:10   Link #15533
Kusaja

Quote:

Thank you very much for explaining everything incredibly well.

And well...I keep a lot of unnecessary things.

Quote:

If that is correct, and it's indeed possible, the original gum line would have been a double-edged sword...it would show the intensity of Kallen's feelings (she would be questioning C.C.'s love...perhaps as an indirect way of questioning her own love as well?), but it would also risk making her look too frustrated or even jealous in the eyes of some fans.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:11   Link #15534
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

This is the opinion of the Japanese folks. You can still hope that they are wrong you know.
Old 2008-10-01, 23:16   Link #15535
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
If that is correct, the original gum line would have been a double-edged sword...it would show the intensity of Kallen's feelings (she would be questioning C.C.'s love...perhaps as an indirect way of questioning her own love as well?), but it would also risk making her look too frustrated or even jealous in the eyes of some fans.
Exactly.

If I chose Kallen's most important line, it would be "What am I to you, Lelouch" or "You're probably laughing, saying 'just as planned'."
Old 2008-10-01, 23:17   Link #15536
lovecakecookies

Quote:

Ok... I see... so it was a scene that was actually removed... for encouragement? I actually wouldn't have minded it then... At least it wasn't manipulation... lol ...

Thanks for the info once again!!

Mr. Ōkouchi must have been bored..

Narona is right... its just an opinion of what it could have been there, there are other opinions/speculations floating around too..

but if that was the case.. there would have been major hate against Kallen and RAGE with us.. lol ..I mean what the hell would we (fans) buy such a card that shows her bitter? but honestly I think it was very unlikely...
Old 2008-10-01, 23:18   Link #15537
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Wow. If in reality her line was changed to that line in 24...I mean, hell. Her central line, her key line being asking C.C. whether or not C.C. loved Lelouch? It's a horrible thing to do to her -_-. Now, if she asked C.C. whether or not Lelouch loved her(C.C.), that I could buy as being central to Kallen (since Kallen loves Lelouch). But why would whether or not C.C. loving Lelouch matter?

So basically...its either her gumline (that makes little to no difference to her, thus being the worst gumline of them all), or it isn't (which is what I think simply because it doesn't make too much sense).

Oh, wait a second. Lets take this with a grain of salt too. Most japanese are Cluclu fans anyways. It wouldn't surprise me if its mainly Cluclu-ers pushing this interpretation (Hell, it does benefit them >:| ) .

No offense to our Cluclu fans here! I'm just saying that some shippers do whatever they can, ya know? ^^
Old 2008-10-01, 23:24   Link #15538
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
No offense to our Cluclu fans here! I'm just saying that some shippers do whatever they can, ya know? ^^
TBH, here I read theories about that gumline by kalulu fans which were ............weird

Anyway, it's juts an opinion, nothing official here. However, don't dismiss the japanese fans as some enraged cluclu fans please.
Old 2008-10-01, 23:27   Link #15539
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
However, don't dismiss the japanese fans as some enraged cluclu fans please.
You haven't seen the Korean-Japanese Code Geass Fanhood Wars
Old 2008-10-01, 23:30   Link #15540
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Well, I didn't say I discounted the interpretation completely, but am taking it with a grain of salt. It's be like trying to expect a country with 65% of its power provided from windmills to post a theory as to how to reduce coal power consumption -_-. Theres a finite number of answers to expect, and the one you get should be fairly understandable given their...preset conditions.