AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-07-21, 21:25   Link #1781
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's not out yet, and Eternal Dreamer posted the source about a dozen posts back.
Old 2010-07-21, 23:28   Link #1782
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Was gonna say "in this thread actually" since I think it was like 20-30 pages back but it's a moot point now. Well, you can save some time by throwing the letter in the trash - the result is the same - but hey it's your time not mine I doubt they get much fan mail from overseas, so maybe you'll even get a reply. Provided they can find someone to translate your English to their Engrish.

But sucking up to Taniguchi still won't get you any signed limited edition merchandise or anything. Probably
That's what I meant by being polite.
DON'T KISS THEIR ASS, they don't like it.

If you're going to contact them, tell them (in your own words) what you liked about the show, what you didn't like, and write the letter like you would your boss, professor, or doctor.

All you'll get in return is a nice "thank you letter" which is signed (in ink) by which ever one you write.

You won't get the "inside scoop," "skinny" or anything of the sort, but what you say matters to them.
They are artists after all, and artists love to hear positive things about their work provided it doesn't look like you're french-kissing their ass like some kind of Otaku groupie.

If Code Geass inspired you to write or draw, or whatever, let them know.
Taniguichi likes to hear about that kind of thing, of that I'm absolutely sure.
I don't know about Okouchi though...

Oh, and don't worry about writing them in English, these are professional men with degrees.
They know how to read and write English, and will respond in kind.

-Kodai
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 03:57   Link #1783
Laurcus
The black angel

Kodai, sometimes you kinda scare me with the stuff you know lol.
Old 2010-07-22, 05:06   Link #1784
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
You won't get the "inside scoop," "skinny" or anything of the sort, but what you say matters to them.
Can it be assumed that this applies to everything as opposed to just questions about the current/future Geass projects? I don't mean I'd expect them to answer shipping questions (obviously ), or questions about the "original" R2, but little things like info on Kallen's father, Jeremiah's sister, or Suzaku's mother would be ignored as well?
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 05:56   Link #1785
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Can it be assumed that this applies to everything as opposed to just questions about the current/future Geass projects? I don't mean I'd expect them to answer shipping questions (obviously ), or questions about the "original" R2, but little things like info on Kallen's father, Jeremiah's sister, or Suzaku's mother would be ignored as well?
Based on what Kodai has said, you're most likely gonna get a hand-signed standard form letter back. Which is more than what I would send you if I was the one opening the fanmail, but hey
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 14:32   Link #1786
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Hi Betteroffer,
It's possible that we might one day seen the original format for Code Geass R2. The only way to continue Lelouch's story would be from where Stage 25 of the first season left off with Lelouch winning the conflict against Suzaku. However, with the Code Geass Side Story coming out, it's possible that the OVA might foretell a remake of the second season, since the producers(privately) didn't seem to like it at all. There is a lot of interest among the fans for the original version of Code Geass R2 to be made. Although, I would like to see them remake Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion as a manga first because it could provide a better blueprint for remaking the anime.

The original version for Season Two takes place in 2017 whereas the revised version takes place in 2018. This means that Code Geass R2 might have been the second half of Season One that continues from where Stage 25 left off.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 15:56   Link #1787
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I think the original version had Lelouch winning the confrontation with Suzaku, but tbh I don't see how that could've been possible unless Kallen wasn't mind raped by Suzaku's amazing Kira-like arguments. Hell, even then chances are he could've overpowered both of them...
Old 2010-07-22, 16:48   Link #1788
Chupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I think the original version had Lelouch winning the confrontation with Suzaku, but tbh I don't see how that could've been possible unless Kallen wasn't mind raped by Suzaku's amazing Kira-like arguments. Hell, even then chances are he could've overpowered both of them...
Original version? I haven't looked into that, can you provide a source?

Definitely, the only way Lelouch was going to win was Kallen. As good a fighter as Suzaku is he couldn't have taken out both of them, especially seeing as how both had guns pointed towards him, and Lelouch having a bomb strapped to him. Kallen also seems pretty formidable in hand-to-hand combat - R2 Episode 1, bunny suit - unlike wimpy Lelouch.
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 17:06   Link #1789
Betteroffer

Quote:
Based on what Kodai has said, you're most likely gonna get a hand-signed standard form letter back. Which is more than what I would send you if I was the one opening the fanmail, but hey
Yeah, I figure as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupps View Post
Original version? I haven't looked into that, can you provide a source?

Definitely, the only way Lelouch was going to win was Kallen. As good a fighter as Suzaku is he couldn't have taken out both of them, especially seeing as how both had guns pointed towards him, and Lelouch having a bomb strapped to him. Kallen also seems pretty formidable in hand-to-hand combat - R2 Episode 1, bunny suit - unlike wimpy Lelouch.
I don't have the source myself, but I have read that part, and they did indeed say that Lelouch was originally supposed to win that confrontation with Suzaku, though they didn't say how. My own theory would be either that the Thought Elevator opens and sucks Lelouch in (though this is more of an escape han a win) or that Suzaku tries to kill Lelouch, but the Live command obstructs him from acting as the sakuradite bomb would take him out as well if Lelouch died. And of course, there is interference from Kallen as well.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 18:08   Link #1790
lightbringer
M9000

I remember reading this, too. Lelouch was supposed to return from Kaminejima in one piece, and there would not have been a time gap. Even if they ever remake R2 (which I personally doubt very much), they won't change Lulu's fate. Zero Requiem is pretty much the only part of R2 that went "just as planned" according to the creators.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 23:01   Link #1791
The Cat

Thanks for the info and the advice people.

Didn't ED say that he sent in the second chapter for translating? If so it shouldn't be too long.
The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 23:15   Link #1792
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Wasn't Lelouch also supposed to confront Charles in the Great Britannia or perhaps inside the sword of Akasha and lose then?
Old 2010-07-23, 00:14   Link #1793
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Wasn't Lelouch also supposed to confront Charles in the Great Britannia ... and lose then?
That's true, but from reading up on this I believe there's two things that might be easily confused here:

a)What was originally planned for Code Geass as a whole.

We know that Lelouch was going to win against Suzaku and then...things are not clear.

b)Other options the creators had for R2, once they accepted that changes had to be made.

That's where the idea of making Lelouch lose to Charles came in, I believe, and a couple of alternative scenarios were presented as the initial plans for R2. But these weren't part of the original plans in and of themselves, as I understood after trying to read everything I could find on the subject. In short, there were more drafts for R2 than just what we saw on screen.

Most people seem to believe that there's just one set of "original plans" and stop there, but...I doubt it.

In any event, I don't expect that any of this will be remotely relevant to any of the newly announced projects.

As much as some might hope otherwise, I don't think a remake of Code Geass in general or, less likely, only R2 is imminent.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 04:06   Link #1794
darthfury78

Quote:
I remember reading this, too. Lelouch was supposed to return from Kaminejima in one piece, and there would not have been a time gap. Even if they ever remake R2 (which I personally doubt very much), they won't change Lulu's fate. Zero Requiem is pretty much the only part of R2 that went "just as planned" according to the creators.
If the producers ever decide to remake Code Geass R2, they might as well create a very different ending to the story, as the Zero Requiem card has been played already. It would not make any sense to retell a story that has been told unless one plans to do a very different storyline that would not overlap the original. In my opinion, the Zero Requiem was one of serveral possible outcomes to the story, such as an alternate ending. Although the events that led up to the Zero Requiem did not make any sense to me at all because everything was RUSHED and compromised. I felt that the Zero Requiem came too quickly because the creators ignored a lot of important details to the story. The second half of Code Geass R2 was about getting to the end of the story as quickly as possible.
Old 2010-07-23, 09:16   Link #1795
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
If the producers ever decide to remake Code Geass R2, they might as well create a very different ending to the story, as the Zero Requiem card has been played already. It would not make any sense to retell a story that has been told unless one plans to do a very different storyline that would not overlap the original. In my opinion, the Zero Requiem was one of serveral possible outcomes to the story, such as an alternate ending. Although the events that led up to the Zero Requiem did not make any sense to me at all because everything was RUSHED and compromised. I felt that the Zero Requiem came too quickly because the creators ignored a lot of important details to the story. The second half of Code Geass R2 was about getting to the end of the story as quickly as possible.
One can argue (at least I would) that they've been rushing ever sense the Blood-Stained Euphie incident. Anyone ever read the manga? I prefer that more than the original r2. Lelouch stays constant and carrying, especially towards C.C.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 09:34   Link #1796
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
One can argue (at least I would) that they've been rushing ever sense the Blood-Stained Euphie incident. Anyone ever read the manga? I prefer that more than the original r2. Lelouch stays constant and carrying, especially towards C.C.
I would love to see Okouchi remake Code Geass as a manga. I haven't seen the Code Geass R2 manga at all. But I heard that the story is quite different from the anime. Although I would love the see some of the staff members from the anime production team involved, like the Tanigushi who is now a writer.
Old 2010-07-23, 12:55   Link #1797
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Well if you are living in America and have book stores like Barnes and Nobles or Borders, they should have up to Vol. 7 which is near the end of R2. The overall plot is the same, but with significant changes in events, character involvement, and especially character. (Lelouch doesn't degrade or change from caring to utterly senseless like in the anime. He stayed the same.)

=Plus he even showed he has brute strength XD Unlike R2 where they made him into somebody who cannot take 10 strides.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 00:02   Link #1798
yvj
U Mad?

Any new info about the anime?

Like how many episodes or whatnot?
Old 2010-07-24, 00:08   Link #1799
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Any new info about the anime?

Like how many episodes or whatnot?
no new info until September thats what someone stated in the earlier posts

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 00:11   Link #1800
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
no new info until September thats what someone stated in the earlier posts
September? Good Gawd

Well I've got to hand it to this franchise its got enough hooks to keep me around this long

Tags
drama, mecha