AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-14, 16:30   Link #1001
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Color me a bit disappointed by this episode

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2011-02-14, 16:38   Link #1002
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think it hasn't been exactly fluid since the Yuu magic explanation episode, but I just enjoy the ride not thinking about it too deeply. Ayumu definitely pulled a Touma there with the sword catching making Kyoko lose a fair share of her power. Her will even.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 16:56   Link #1003
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I never thought I would end up liking this anime so much. It's exceeding all my expectations. DEEN hasn't made such a good adaptation in YEARS... since Kenshin, I'd say. I don't know what happened to them but I hope they'll keep that up.

Musical placement was top notch once again in episode 6, and the overall direction was enthralling. I just can't fathom why Infinite Stratos is so much popular than show. Korezom beats it in every.single.aspect. The only thing IS' got going for it is Hanazawa Kana's character and the decent CGI.

Spoiler for episode 6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Who was in the preview segment with Ayumu? Dai Sensei? I can't make out the voice. lol @ Ayumu being a pervert offering a night "duet" with a lady. XD
It was the twintailed girl from his class. We haven't heard/seen her much so far.
Old 2011-02-14, 17:01   Link #1004
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I agree with Klashikari that the execution lacked, but having a strong original story to work with does the trick for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler for ep6:
Spoiler for ep6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
We may FINALLY see Tomomori next week!
Spoiler for new characters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
Yuu's power being so easy to block is kind of a let down
Spoiler for easy counter to Yuu's PW:Kill:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PS: I've got a naked with armor fetish now.
As long as loli is not a requirement, try udonya's mohan doujinshi

Anyway, back to ep.6,
Spoiler for episode events:
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 17:17   Link #1005
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There have been flaws in this series' execution so far, but I thought this episode was devoid of them. My one complaint was that Ayumu's transformation sequence kind of ruined the heavy mood. They should have cut it.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
As long as loli is not a requirement, try udonya's mohan doujinshi
Tried and approved a long time ago :3
I'm a g huge Udon-ya fan.
Old 2011-02-14, 17:23   Link #1006
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Color me a bit disappointed by this episode

Spoiler for Episode 6:
It could be that Ayumu was not all that threatening of a presence towards Kyoko as Yuu presented herself. So Kyoko believed that a few shots there and there would kill him. But then was getting mentally distracted by Ayumu's words setting her on a mental breakdown (which left her to do some rash actions). But I myself don't get why she din't just burn up Ayumu and leave him nothing but ash.
Old 2011-02-14, 17:30   Link #1007
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It could be that Ayumu was not all that threatening of a presence towards Kyoko as Yuu presented herself. So Kyoko believed that a few shots there and there would kill him. But then was getting mentally distracted by Ayumu's words setting her on a mental breakdown (which left her to do some rash actions). But I myself don't get why she din't just burn up Ayumu and leave him nothing but ash.
The spell she used against Yuu most likely drained a lot, if not most of her magical power (which would explain why Ayumu was able to break her sword). It seemed like the kind of move you can use only once in a while. Yuu wouldn't haven went down so easily otherwise.
Old 2011-02-14, 17:33   Link #1008
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
The spell she used against Yuu most likely drained a lot, if not most of her magical power (which would explain why Ayumu was able to break her sword). It seemed like the kind of move you can use only once in a while.
But she can exceed human potential since she had a major supply of lives to spare, it seemed that she completely resets after she dies and resurrects since she killed herself to fix her ear problem. If that could happen to her physically, wouldnt it have happened to her magical powers?
Old 2011-02-14, 17:38   Link #1009
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 6:
Old 2011-02-14, 18:08   Link #1010
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Spoiler for easy counter to Yuu's PW:Kill:
Actually, depending on the extent, having blaring sound on your headphones may be good too, and much more practical. Still, I wonder just how powerful Yuu is. For instance, can she use it on humans only, or can she use it for plants and animals, or even inanimate object? Like maybe telling the ground to open up and swallow Kyouko, or controlling the nearby plants to attack her...still, even the former is already crazy powerful.

Quote:
The spell she used against Yuu most likely drained a lot, if not most of her magical power (which would explain why Ayumu was able to break her sword). It seemed like the kind of move you can use only once in a while. Yuu wouldn't haven went down so easily otherwise.
Quote:
But she can exceed human potential since she had a major supply of lives to spare, it seemed that she completely resets after she dies and resurrects since she killed herself to fix her ear problem. If that could happen to her physically, wouldnt it have happened to her magical powers?
I have the same thought regarding Kyouko's powers, that fighting Yuu has greatly drained her magic powers, leaving her to be weaker when she fight Ayumu. Still, there are a lot of thing about her yet unexplained, like her killing herself back in ep 4.

After a bit of brainstorming, I have a theory about her powers there. As we know, killing a life grants her an extra life, maybe killing herself still counts as killing a person, and thus gets an extra, untainted life that she use right away. That's what happened when she stabs herself this episode, fixing her ear, although why she needs to do that back in ep 4 is still unknown. About it happening physically, yet not magically...I don't know, maybe that's how the magic works (that is, resurrecting still drains her magic power, so it's not refilled).
Old 2011-02-14, 18:27   Link #1011
nines
I much prefer the 2d

How does blocking yuus voice stop it from effecting you? I thought her voice could alter fate so shouldn't just choosing a target and saying die do it?

Can't wait to see the gif of Kyouko's boob dance again magic is soooooooo exciting.
Old 2011-02-14, 18:30   Link #1012
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
How does blocking yuus voice stop it from effecting you? I thought her voice could alter fate so shouldn't just choosing a target and saying die do it?
It's probably the word itself. When Yuu tells Kyoko to "Die" then as long as she can hear it, it will personally set her body to "die" being affected by the word's meaning and based on Yuu's powerful use of words. But as long as she can't hear the commanding word, then her body will not go into a death-like state.

Quote:
Can't wait to see the gif of Kyouko's boob dance again magic is soooooooo exciting.
Just like in episode 5, Kyoko's breasts sure gave another hypnotizing dance for the fans..
Old 2011-02-14, 18:44   Link #1013
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I don't know why, but at this scene I started laughing histerically:

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 18:58   Link #1014
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Put Dai-sensei down as one of those characters that are the most powerful in the series yet have very silly or care-free personalities. =p

I dunno if Ayumu pulling his (epic skull-shattering) punch against Kyoko was a good thing or not. She did deserve to die for taking so many lives, so I really don't understand why he would've missed intentionally. I mean she's even being used by this "King of the Night" fellow now.

It's good to know why she killed herself in EP4 now though, not sure how death manages to regenerate a body but that's probably something that shouldn't be questioned.

I wonder if it's even magic at all in Eu's voice and it has something to do with the sound it produces? Plugging your ears seems like a odd way to defend against magic so I can't say I'm convinced that it is indeed magic.

Anyway, this is definitely my favorite episode so far. Hope the climax can prove to be even better.~
Old 2011-02-14, 19:17   Link #1015
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Spoiler for Ep 06:
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 20:06   Link #1016
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Spoiler for ep 06:
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 20:21   Link #1017
D-Gold
Aurum

Spoiler for ep 6:
Old 2011-02-14, 20:45   Link #1018
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep6:
Old 2011-02-14, 21:16   Link #1019
larethian

Quote:
It's probably the word itself. When Yuu tells Kyoko to "Die" then as long as she can hear it, it will personally set her body to "die" being affected by the word's meaning and based on Yuu's powerful use of words. But as long as she can't hear the commanding word, then her body will not go into a death-like state.

Just like in episode 5, Kyoko's breasts sure gave another hypnotizing dance for the fans..
Spoiler for ep6:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 21:22   Link #1020
Dahak86
Classics never age

Spoiler for ep6:

Quote:
I just can't fathom why Infinite Stratos is so much popular than show. Korezom beats it in every.single.aspect. The only thing IS' got going for it is Hanazawa Kana's character and the decent CGI.
Spoiler for space and personal opinions:

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen