AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 13:41   Link #61
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
11eyes
ef - a tale of melodies
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Spice and Wolf
Hidan no Aria
Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na
Steins;Gate
Old 2011-11-20, 14:35   Link #62
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Dropped MM cos it started degenerating: wtf, it was kinda acceptable to some extent that the male character was a masochist, but now it has become too weird: why the fuck does he transform in a super sayan with that belt, omg? It became too much non sense and demential. Also, many situations that could have been serious turned to be totally stupid.

On the other side, i started watching Hidan no Aria, which got suggested long ago. It had fallen in the oblivion, but i don't get why, since the setting is totally fine and i like the characters; also, since there is action, it's not boring at all. Sticking with it at the moment. I'll make sure to check the other titles you gave me above, since i didn't hear of many.

Ah, i skipped Ef - a tale of melodies because i thought i wouldn't have liked the protagonists of that sequel (Since i encountered them in the first series as secondary characters). I'll give it a chance nonetheless.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 15:17   Link #63
Elegance

"Anyways, untill you do not come up with other titles, i'll give a try to the following titles that fell in oblivion: They Are My Noble Masters, Kannagi, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Sola, Ikkitousen, Green Green, Astarotte no Omocha."

Well i would try out They Are My Noble Masters because there is romance and stuff.

I would drop Ikkitousen because there is no romance, well i dont think there is.

Green Green was very annoying.

My Suggestions
Nyan Koi- cant remember if there was ecchi or not but it was good

Isekai No Seikishi Monogatari-yes its a mecha but its only in the beginning and the end (so basically hes not in the mecha much). The middle is based at a school and there are mostly girls in it. Very ecchi moments. I would give this another try. Also a very kick ass character.

Hyakka Ryouran:Samurai Girls- basically like Sekirei

Dropped but you might like:
Desert Punk-action, ecchi, dunno about romance
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 19:08   Link #64
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Hidan no Aria and i loved it: i loved the characters, the male protagonist was just totally fine, the female lead just reminded me much of Luise of Zero no Tsukaima, in every way, and i really liked it. There are rumors about a second season, but i just can't wait, so if there is any material like the novel itself or a manga, or anything that continues this story, let me know. Vote 9.5.

I had watched also half of They are my noble masters yesterday, and i was kinda enjoying it, but it didn't really pick me up like Hidan no Aria. Same goes for Nyan Koi, which i dropped because technical issues actually made me drop it. After i had again my connection, i got suggested with other titles who just picked up my interest too much. I noticed that some animes just take you in the story from the beginning, and don't leave you any chance to drop them, because it just gets more interesting every episode. It was undertaker who first suggested this, if i'm not mistaken, so thank you man, and thank you to you too, Redoaxe, for having brought back this title on my list, since it just had fallen under the tag "Lower than hell". Anyways, i might pick [...] noble masters and Nyan Koi again next week, since there is little left to be watched. I'm happy there was still some title that could gain an immense spot on my classific.

This is my current Next-To-Watch list:
Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na
11eyes
Astarotte no omocha
Hyakka Ryouran
Steins:Gate
Ef - a tale of melodies
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

This is the Stalled list:
They are my noble masters (stopped at ep7)
MM (Stopped at ep6)
Nyan Koi (Stopped at ep6)
The world got only knows (Stopped at ep5 or 6; it was the pink haired idol's arc)
Shakugan no Shana (Stopped at ep7 of the second season; this was mainly because i didn't see any kind of development in the relation between yuji and shana after a season and a half. Let me know if i made a mistake and if i should pick it up again, because i actually liked it; afterall i watched the first season to full)
Girl's Bravo (Stopped at ep5 or something; basically, when the pink haired girl gets back to the human world. For some reason it bored me)
Dragon Crisis (Stopped at ep6 or something; stopped 2 episodes after they encountered that ice princess and retrieved that dragon killer sword. I also remember them going to some kind of pool/beach. Stopped watching it because the girl just loved the protagonist for childish/nonsense reason, beside that the story was settled from nowhere in a lacking background)

This is the "Maybe-to-watch" list:
FMP fumoffu (what actually troubles me much is that from this title i would expect really much, but only thinking that it could have a bad or not satistying ending, just makes me not pick it up at all. Ye ok, the hit/miss mode was useful for some titles, but i just can't watch this anime without expecting something amazing. I don't want to be disappointed by the ending that would totally fuck up the opinion i could eventually build up towards this title.)
Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka (discarded in the beginning because i didn't like gray hairs. At the moment i can get over that thing tho, since there isn't much to be watched)
Sola (should be some sort of romance/drama)
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (triangle, but looks very old)
Isekai No Seikishi Monogatari (What troubles me are all those black girls with silver hairs and weird ears)
Hayate the Combat Butler! (I don't know if the protagonist appears so childish just to me)
Chaos Head (I saw this title suggested everywhere, but i don't know if it would be just a fail, concerning only supernatural stuff, and not giving even a 5% romance)
Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ (Was suggested long ago, forgot what it was about lol)
Kimikiss Pure Rouge (Only found shit synch'd streams :/ )
Let me know if i should pick up again some title, or discard some other. Thank you for your suggestions, cya next friday when i get back.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-11-20 at 19:36.
Old 2011-11-21, 00:21   Link #65
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
There are rumors about a second season, but i just can't wait, so if there is any material like the novel itself or a manga, or anything that continues this story, let me know.
Hidan no Aria is originally a light novel, but there’s also a manga version. Both are still on-going.

From your next-to-watch list, I gotta warn you about one title, Hyakka Ryouran (HR). Coming from someone who already watch the entirety of HR (me), I can tell you that the story sucks. It’s on par with Rosario + Vampire anime. The main-guy appears cool in the beginning but as the story progress, he becomes nothing more than a sandbag for the girls. The dialogues are often very cheesy & campy. The romance/harem is your typical girls-go-crazy-over-the-main-guy-with-no-good-reason and the plot is your typical hero-with-his-(harem)-female-warriors-take-on-the-big-bad-guy. If you’re interested with this kind of element, you’d better read Negima! manga instead coz its story is hundred times better.

The good things about HR are the character design and the fanservice/ecchi-ness. The girls are simply gorgeous and even the men looks nice too . About the fanservice (Oh my, the fanservice ), if you decide to watch HR, be sure to pick the uncensored version coz you’ll be in for a treat . In fact, I think that is the whole point of this series: Fanservice in spades with dull story. As usual, I’m not trying to make you go far away from a title. You may give HR’s first three episodes a try and see if you like it.

From your maybe-to-watch list, you may want to pick up FMP Fumoffu if you’re in a mood for a comedy. Yes, that’s what Fumoffu is: A comedy series. Still, the romance and ecchi-ness that you’re looking for is right there and even comes full-force in some episodes. The story is basically about a teenage male soldier (who only knows about war) that has a hard time adapting to normal civilized school life. The culture-shock is hilarious. Go watch Fumoffu if you want to have a nice laugh.

Oh yeah, the same thing also goes for Hayate the Combat Butler! It’s a comedy first with the romance & fanservice comes later.
Old 2011-11-25, 15:54   Link #66
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na and i simply loved it. The only tag would be drama/romance all the way. Was very emotional, it had 0 ecchi (The princess actually had big tits), it was just simple; ye, i would define it simple, and it still gave me wagons of feelings and emotions. It also had an end, a good end; i didn't know something that simple would have entertained me so much. Looking back at all my requests, i would have never picked up this title, so thank you for opening my eyes. I would put it on par with Onegai Teacher, so vote 9.6.

Now going for 11eyes, i'll keep this post updated if no other post come after this. Thanks again, keep suggesting; as you could see, even simple titles like this were a total win. All my requests could easily sum up in "Romance/Drama" tag.

PS:
Dramas with "person bound to bed" or "Person with some disease or constitutional inability(so any disastered life with no hopes whatsoever if not a total dispair) are banished. I loved the drama in Onegai Teacher and Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na, but i liked less the one in Ef: A tale of memories(The second storyline with that half blind girl who forgot everything everyday). Also, another common thing between those titles is that, even after all that drama, it ended in a good way. A sad ending title would kinda depress me, and cba to be in a sad mood all the day.

TL; DR
Yes to drama, but with a good ending.

EDIT
Finished watching 11eyes and even tho it gave me the "Shana" feeling, as far as story was concerned, it took my interest from the very beginning of the series, and i ended up watching it to full. Unlike Shana, this had more characters interaction and more explicit "I love you", beside some (rare) ecchi scene, making it less frustating and more entertaining. The 11th episode was totally mindfucking, and before watching the last, my opinion of this anime had dropped to like zero. Last episode cleared up some mindfucking and introduced some parallel world theory to explain many blank spots in the story, and basically "fixed" what 11th ep had done.

This anime gave me the feeling of shakugan no shana: boy + girl with powers, parallel dark areas where to fight weird monsters, way more mindfucking etc, so basically i should rate it something like 7.5 or 8. However, due to the better character interaction and the more focusing on the relation between the two, compared to shana, made my vote rise up to 8.6. It was overall a good catch. Thanks for suggesting this title. Shakugan no shana would have been rated more if it gave more the romantic
feeling, instead of the never developing relation between shana and yuji for 3 seasons.

EDIT
Finished watching FMP: Fumoffu! and it was an enjoyable show. Ye there was little romance, but characters were okay and it was funny. As far as it goes for what i was looking for, i'd rate it 8: it wasn't a romance but it entertained me nonetheless.

Astarotte no omocha gets trashed, since the girl is only 10 years old. Minimum age is 14-15.

I'm going to pass on Samurai girls aswell.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-11-26 at 12:20.
Old 2011-11-26, 12:24   Link #67
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Needed an information:

Next to watch would be Steins:Gate, but i read somewhere that it's settled some year after the events of Chaos;Head. Do i need to watch Chaos;Head to better comprehend S;G, or they are totally different stories with only 1% bonds? I was inclined to watch S;G since the start, since i like time travelling and all those paradox that can come off time travelling (In Haruhi Suzumiya no Yutsu there was some cool mindfucking about time travelling, that i really loved).

Let me know, otherwise there are only left titles that are sucking in the void.
Old 2011-11-26, 12:53   Link #68
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Next to watch would be Steins:Gate, but i read somewhere that it's settled some year after the events of Chaos;Head. Do i need to watch Chaos;Head to better comprehend S;G, or they are totally different stories with only 1% bonds?
Chaos;Head anime is a messy adaptation. You don’t have to worry about it. Go directly watch Steins;Gate.
Old 2011-11-26, 18:26   Link #69
Animelover#1
Kouta...

A very under-rated series, Try "Seto No Hanayome".
The weird part is they are mermaids, but they can change to humans when on land so it's not always so weird. It's got humour, comedy, ecchi, romance, school setting (for the most part). and rather unique characters with differing personalities.
If you decide to watch, don't be put off by the cock-blocker that comes in the form of a tiny samurai lady that "protects" the female protagonist. She gets more bearable later on.
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:31   Link #70
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Before i received these new answers i had already started watching akane iro ni somaru saka and i just finished it. It was originally suggested by untertaker, if i'm not mistaken, and i really have to thank you. Actually, the best episodes were the last 3, and the end was pleasant. I have to admit that i couldn't predict much this anime; usually i tend to predict pretty easily how animes will end, which choices the protagonist will take an so on, because i look at every particular during the series, and from those i always deduced the end. This time i had gathered already many hints about how it would have ended, but untill the last episode i was really unsure who he would have chosen; it was more a 50/50. It has been interesting untill the last minute, so yeah, i appreciated this title very much. I would put it on par with Toradora, so 9.5 is my rating.

PS
This was one of the first titles being proposed, that i skipped just taking into account some SS; what made me skip it was:
1) Gray hairs (I hate them)
2) The girl looked shy to me
However, after the first episode i came to know that the girl was shy this fuck; she was a tsundere, and my opinion drastically changed, and so i couldn't not watch it to the end. I'm also happy how it ended because the suffering of the girls was taken down to a minimum value. Ah, one thing:
Spoiler for about the sister:

Since i'm the mood of romance/ecchi at the moment, i'll give priority to Seto No Hanayome and later go for S;G. Thank you all for suggesting me all these titles; i wouldn't have been able to find em all by myself.

EDIT
While doing some fast search, i got into this titles:
We, Without Wings - Under the Innocent Sky
Bokura ga Ita

If anyone watched them, could you give me a fast description of what i would and wouldn't like, taking into accounts all the titles i've watched so far, and the votes i gave them? Thanks
Old 2011-11-26, 19:41   Link #71
Elegance

We, Without Wings - Under the Innocent Sky

I've only watched like 2 episodes and honestly this anime confuses me. This anime has different point of views of the characters, such as Durarara.
Old 2011-11-26, 20:28   Link #72
hyl
reading #hikaributts

If you liked the first episode of OreTsuba then i would recommend watch it further. It's a story with a point of view of multiple characters (each having their own settings and problems) but there is a big twist at the 2nd half of the serie that will make you rethink what you have previously seen. i won't be spoiling the twist though.
But too bad it's a mediocre adaption of a decent eroge though.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 20:28   Link #73
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh i see, will drop into the void.

Anyways, watched the first 2 episodes of Sote no Hanayome, but i was looking for a more serious title. Actually the plot doesn't bother me, but romance is having an hard fight with the fun side of this anime, and i wanted more seriousness.

I'll now watch some episodes of the remaining titles, to see if there is still something left to watch that is worth it.
Old 2011-11-26, 20:34   Link #74
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Also stein's gate and chaos head don't have anything to do with eachother though. (even if it's made by the same company ) There are no direct references in Stein's gate to chaos head
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 00:09   Link #75
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Classified Info, have you watched Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai? It's a about a school club of highschool student who can't make any friends due to their eccentricity. It's harem-y and the male character is likable too. It's not an easy harem since most of the girls in the club are tsunderes (that's why they don't have friends to begin with ) and they hate the main-guy at first. It's more toward comedy, but there are also some character developments and romance brewing. You may want to give it a try.

As for this:
Quote:
Before i received these new answers i had already started watching akane iro ni somaru saka and i just finished it. It was originally suggested by untertaker, if i'm not mistaken, and i really have to thank you.
If I'm not mistaken the first who suggest Akane iro ni Somaru Saka was Bonta Kun:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - Can't believe I missed this one before.
Now I really, really liked this show but I will say that it is rather mediocre by any standards, still doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it
Warning tho it's rather weird at times and has got incest as theme but you don't want to jump the gun there.
But I think if your really not into that stuff then probably best to just avoid it.
You may want to give him credit when it's due.
Old 2011-11-27, 06:26   Link #76
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ye man, you are right. Now i remember it, and also why i skipped it that time: it was for the incest. However, while watching animes i happened many times to get caught in the incest and got used it. Since some titles didn't have a real incest (kissxsis, onegai twins) i found it even pleasant. So thank you Bonta kun for having suggested this, it was a nice catch.

Anyways, before goind for S;G i wanted to try out Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, but i don't know why it was suggested right after School Days. I find this anime quite different in many ways: the male protagonist isn't a dick (Up to episode 7, to me, he just appeared as a destroyed boy, and for a good enough reason), and the story takes mostly part after school, when they are adult and already work. As stated before, i wouldn't have liked situations like "Person bound to a bed", like coma or other depressing stuff, but i think i'll watch it untill the end now. Still, this anime didn't give me the feelings and emotions that other simpler animes gave. And i don't know even why: it got more mature themes, realistic, what actually could really happen, and still i wasn't moved.

Oh well, will finish it and then see what is next on the list.

EDIT
Finished watching Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, and I found it depressing all the way. It didn't actually move me more than other animes, it just represented a sad fact, and it was rendered depressing by the characters. No matter how "happy" you consider that ending, but it can't just heal all the scars left. Afterall, it was me who picked up this title. I got warned, even tho i would have preferred if someone stated from the start that it was depressing.

Anyways, now i'll throw myself in some lighter anime. If i bring other titles, warn me if they are depressing, and this means "Person bound to a bed, coma, disease, scars, mutilations, murders...".

Thanks for your tips

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-11-27 at 11:25.
Old 2011-11-27, 12:03   Link #77
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, watched the first episode of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, and i should definitely love it. The girls are just cute, they fit all my requirements, they are tsundere; it got the male's pov, the male looks smart. Gives me the feeling of an Haruhi-like series. +1

EDIT
Is this series still ongoing? I can only find up to episode 8..... Shit, after i watch it all, will i be able to continue reading the story somewhere (novel, manga, whatever) ?

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-11-27 at 12:34.
Old 2011-11-27, 13:28   Link #78
Elegance

Yes its still ongoing.
Old 2011-11-27, 14:32   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
EDIT
Is this series still ongoing? I can only find up to episode 8..... Shit, after i watch it all, will i be able to continue reading the story somewhere (novel, manga, whatever) ?
Yes, it's still on-going. You can continue reading the story from the LN and the manga, but both are still on-going too.
Old 2011-11-27, 14:42   Link #80
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Anyways, i'm loving it. It took my interest exactly like Haruhi Suzumiya did. The characters are also loveable, girls are fucking cute. I'll follow the story even after i finish watching the anime.

Thank you for having brought up this anime, i really needed something like this. Thanks again.

EDIT
Finished watching the 8 episodes, and i'm really liking it. I'll now switch to the manga. Thanks again for suggesting me this title. If you find out anything else let me know. It's still too early to give any rating, but i think i could easily drop a 9.5 here. Thanks.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-11-27 at 16:39.