AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-14, 11:36   Link #2001
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
When Nobunaga was sad at Uvo's death Gon said exactly what I was thinking.
A bit late in responding but better late that never.

I think Gon said what a lot of people were thinking and I loved that moment because it completely washed away a doubt I had about this show. To be honest when they all started acting indignant towards Uvo's death I was getting really pissed off (as if they have any right to feel indignant after what they've all done and continue to do) and was wondering if the story was really going to humanise these bastards and try and portray them as grey. But it didn't thanks to Gon's outburst. What the show was actually doing was portraying criminals pretty realistically. Because not all criminals are cliché moustache twirling pricks and they will naturally be totally hypocritical about anything bad that happens to them. It reminds me of that "Dogs get put down" scene in Watchmen. So thank you Gon for pointing out their hypocrisy.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:17   Link #2002
Maxtro

Such a great episode.

I love this show.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:55   Link #2003
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonSquared View Post
"After you lose half your limbs..."

Uh ho... half of them aren't going to survive the night...

It could mean "Boss" is going to lose half his limbs instead of losing half the spiders. However, I doubt that is her meaning...

9/10 - Just need Kurapika to get there and join in on the "going crazy" for me to up my ratings to 10/10
Their symbol is a 12-legged spider. And there's 12 of them.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 14:24   Link #2004
Clarste
Human

There are 13 of them (Hisoka, Machi, Uvo, Nobunaga, Feitan, Phinks, Shiziku, Franklin, Pakunoda, Shalnark, mummy-guy, hair-covered-by-face-guy, and Chrollo). There are only 12 legs, so presumably Chrollo is the head rather than a limb.

Also, the verses of the prophecy correspond to weeks rather than days, so whatever it's predicting won't be immediate.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 15:13   Link #2005
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You prove me wrong by... repeating what I already said? I'm confused.
Well, if anything, give more details along with a reference.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 15:39   Link #2006
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You expanded a little on it. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing or anything. More explanation makes for better understanding. But I'm unsure how that proves that cutting off your fingertips is necessary if you just want to fire nen bullets, which it isn't. Like I said, he just did it to give his ability a more personal flavor, which for nen, means it gets stronger.

It's not like ANYONE can cut off their fingertips and shoot stronger nen bullets though. It worked for Franklin because he's like that.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:05   Link #2007
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You expanded a little on it. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing or anything. More explanation makes for better understanding. But I'm unsure how that proves that cutting off your fingertips is necessary if you just want to fire nen bullets, which it isn't. Like I said, he just did it to give his ability a more personal flavor, which for nen, means it gets stronger.

It's not like ANYONE can cut off their fingertips and shoot stronger nen bullets though. It worked for Franklin because he's like that.
If Hisoka was a true pedophile and he cuts of off his balls. I'm sure his nen will sky rocket. Bad example?
Old 2012-10-14, 19:07   Link #2008
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
"After you lose half your limbs..."

Uh ho... half of them aren't going to survive the night...

It could mean "Boss" is going to lose half his limbs instead of losing half the spiders. However, I doubt that is her meaning...
DOH! I didn't think of it that way. Makes sense, Hisoka doesn't wanna fight someone without their arms.

Great episode. Bit disappointed we likely won't see Gon or Killua in action any time soon but I'm sure Zeno and Silva will more than make up for it. And Kurapica's bondage of course.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 20:59   Link #2009
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Excited to see that the main cast (Gon, Killua, Kurapica, Leorio) getting back together doesn't seem to be too far off at this point. Dying to see what Zeno and Silva are capable of already too.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 21:24   Link #2010
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Crazy episode! Im so hype for the next battles.
Old 2012-10-15, 18:24   Link #2011
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Woah.... so the fortune is:

- Six of them are going to die tonight?

- Then go East to fine the one (Hisokawa / Kurapika ?) who is waiting for you

The next few episodes are just going to be pure insanity. Fueled adrenaline rushing bloody epic manly or otherwise battles for survival. The waiting is almost painful...

As for Gon and Kill... the best thing they could do is to keep as far away from the war zone as is possible. It is pretty clear that they, even as a team, do not hold a candle to a Spider. If they went, knowing the rules of the world, they would be killed pretty quickly. As Gon is the main character, I can only conclude that he will not die so I can conclude that he will not be in the fights. let Kurapika, the Spider Hunter, deal with the un-pleasantries, boys.

-------

HxH: The series where the main character is not the main character for a whole arc, and the other characters around him are infinitely more powerful.

Genius.
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 19:48   Link #2012
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Woah.... so the fortune is:

- Six of them are going to die tonight?
The prediction isn't for tonight, it's for next week. She explained that each verse corresponds to a week, with the first including stuff that's already happened. The part that corresponds to tonight would be the "the mourners play a melody, while the 11th moon quietly rises." IE: Uvo's requiem.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 22:12   Link #2013
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

That was an insanely awesome ep. So i'm guessing from the prophecy some of the spiders will get taken out. Looks like Chrollo will be going up against Silva and Xeno next.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:05   Link #2014
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
If Hisoka was a true pedophile and he cuts of off his balls. I'm sure his nen will sky rocket. Bad example?
Maybe he already did that which explains why he's a bit of a loose screw.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 15:06   Link #2015
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I wish they should either stop playing music in the background or start playing it in a way that matches the action. They should really give a few hundred tries to the original until the idea sinks in. They shouldn't give the impression that I am playing music from the radio at the same time the anime is airing.

I miss the emotions from the original, feels like watching Romney.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 02:02   Link #2016
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just saw the episode and I like it. What stands out in this episode was it feels longer than normal and how GAR Zeno was. He rapidly punching Chrollo to lock him down and laughing in enjoyment, while his son prepares to kill them both.
Old 2012-10-21, 07:12   Link #2017
ookamigirl

Gon and Killua finally managed to get in touch with Kurapika.
They sure had an intense conversation.
Phantom troupe made their first strike on the auction.
Killua's dad & grandpa vs one of the phantom troupe.
That was a really good fight!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 10:49   Link #2018
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm kinda disappointed that Leorio has pretty much been forgotten in this storyline. I thought he was the character that represented Kurapika's friendship the most so I can't help but feel that such an important scene regarding Kurapika and how his friends tie into his new life should not be lacking Leorio.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 11:37   Link #2019
whitecloud

Oh yea...chrollo never tell the condition neede to use his ability isn't it? He supposed already tell it right?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 12:18   Link #2020
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm kinda disappointed that Leorio has pretty much been forgotten in this storyline. I thought he was the character that represented Kurapika's friendship the most so I can't help but feel that such an important scene regarding Kurapika and how his friends tie into his new life should not be lacking Leorio.
If Gon and Ki are miles below the Spiders, Leorio is somewhere below the planet in space. For his own safety, be glad he was forgotten about. He hasen't even fully mastered Nen yet. Let him mature a while then let him enter the series proper...
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen