AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-29, 17:03   Link #21
GaimeGuy

if I recall correctly, the "official" height of Ed is 150cm, which is basically 4'11 .
Old 2009-05-29, 20:17   Link #22
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
if I recall correctly, the "official" height of Ed is 150cm, which is basically 4'11 .
Whoa. That's shorter than me, and I'm pretty short, too...

No wonder the kid's so sensitive about it...
Old 2009-05-29, 20:58   Link #23
GaimeGuy

I like this manga panel about ed's height:

Old 2009-06-02, 13:06   Link #24
Vicious108

I noticed they didn't include that part in Brotherhood. I guess it doesn't work as well in anime form, but it would've been fun to see. They could've had a *bleep* when Winry said it and stuff.
Old 2009-06-07, 14:01   Link #25
GaimeGuy

Or have Ed scream loudly to block out her voice when she says his height
Old 2009-07-12, 05:57   Link #26
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

The manga Ed is more loving than the anime Ed. I thought Brotherhood would picture Ed differently. Still it was not a bad attempt.... but i was expecting more

Last edited by Krazzy Angel; 2009-07-13 at 09:27.
Old 2009-07-12, 11:00   Link #27
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
The manga Ed is more loving than the anime Ed. I thought Brotherhood would picture Ed differently. Still it was no a bad attempt.... but i was expecting more
Did you mean 1st anime Ed? Yeah, it's true if you're a fan of the manga you'd definitely love manga Ed much more than 1st anime Ed! (like me) (some other people still prefer the latter though).

As for Brotherhood although it hasn't been a very faithful adaptation so far, I thought at least they did quite a good job creating Ed's character. This version of Edward gave me the same feeling as in the manga, so I don't know where your problem comes from.
Old 2009-07-15, 14:51   Link #28
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Ed is my favorite FMA character, and it's quite rare for a main character to be my favorite. Usually, my favorite is for some issue of relation. As far as Ed goes, him and I have a LOT in common. The loud arrogance, the overprotectiveness of the younger brothers. And also, I was short for my entire life, until I turned about 17, which is consistent with Ed in Conqueror of Shambala. I also used to threaten with death people who would make jokes about my height.

Also, I think the English FMA is one of very few (if any, other than it) good dubs that I've seen, and I think a large part of it is down to Vic Mignona's portrayal of Ed. I don't know if anyone agrees to me, because usually, people are anti-all things dub (as I am, admittedly), but I think that Vic really did a very good job.
Old 2009-07-15, 15:03   Link #29
Vicious108

I still prefer Romi Paku's work as Ed, but Vic Mignona's portrayal in the English dub was undeniably good. I just felt that he made Ed sound too old at times, and also a little too angsty. (though the first series is more to blame for that than the voice itself)
Old 2009-07-15, 23:00   Link #30
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

It's tough for me to choose between them. They were both amazing. I think that says a lot about Vic's work, because usually it's no contest and the Japanese seiyuu is sooo much better.

From what I understand, the 'Ed' voice that Vic Mignona put on actually made his throat hurt, so maybe that's why he sounded a little off sometimes.
Old 2009-07-16, 05:44   Link #31
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Ed is too cool

I personally liked Vic's voice in the first anime. Yeah Ed is my favorite character too. I think I can understand him when people call him small and mistaken him for the younger brother. I too am in the same situation. His anger is just soo cute. Ed is very mature for his age and that's what I really like about him. Sometimes he pretends to be tougher than he really is. There is so much to say about Ed.
Old 2009-07-16, 09:17   Link #32
Vicious108

That's one of the things that make Edward so amazing. Normally I wouldn't stand kids trying to act tougher than they really are, but Ed... he just makes it work so damn well. Gotta love him.
Old 2009-07-16, 16:54   Link #33
Kytherno
12th Supernova

I like how Ed acts whenever people make fun of his height. Adds some humor into the series.

I also like how he gets pissed quickly and is ready to pop someone's jaw once he finds out they did the wrong thing. When Ed found out that, that one guy (who fused his daughter and dog to make a chimera) did that, Ed popped him right in his jaw.
Old 2009-07-17, 22:35   Link #34
~A~
Good Game.

my thoughts on edward would be that hes pretty weak on his fighting side but im sure he can do better though then hes doing rite now. I havent read the manga so i dont know whats he going to end up at but im sure hes going to be one hell of a badass
Old 2009-07-18, 03:34   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~A~ View Post
my thoughts on edward would be that hes pretty weak on his fighting side
There's no way i'd say he's a weak fighter, i mean you've seen what he can do so far in Brotherhood, and you still say that? Crazy.
Old 2009-07-18, 10:26   Link #36
Vicious108

Ed's a pretty efficient fighter, and easily one of the most versatile ones in his series. He's only held back by his soft nature... and kinda by his desire to always resort somewhat to hand to hand combat, even though he doesn't really need to, what with his powerful instant transmutations.
Old 2009-07-19, 01:56   Link #37
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

He is resolved to not kill anyone and I don't think that makes him weak.
Old 2009-07-19, 02:30   Link #38
ChronoReverse

He'll improve quite a bit later after an "upgrade". Don't worry, it makes logical sense since it's FMA.
Old 2009-07-19, 07:21   Link #39
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
He is resolved to not kill anyone and I don't think that makes him weak.
Speaking of which, I loved...

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2009-07-21, 03:32   Link #40
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Spoiler for Manga spoiler for Ed and Kimblee:

Tags
full metal alchemist