AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 19:56   Link #121
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Coronation and Beautiful Fields are some of the best songs in any OST ever. also, i'm not really a fan of the character designs.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 00:12   Link #122
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
It's been a while that I heard Toyosaki Aki's voice again since K-ON! & To aru series but this time her voice quite different than before.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 11:45   Link #123
klare

the trailer looks promising
Old 2011-08-25, 20:42   Link #124
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Coronation and Beautiful Fields are some of the best songs in any OST ever. also, i'm not really a fan of the character designs.
LE still has one of my favorite soundtracks of all time, those are two great songs. Loving the character designs, they're looking great in this new trailer IMO, it's awesome having the Horiuchi back to adapt Murata's designs like in the first series.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-08-25 at 20:56.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 14:10   Link #125
Asleep

I didn't like the OP, perhaps it will grow on me. I guess I shouldn't compare it to Cloud Age Symphony which is one of the (if not the) best anime openings ever . But more Hitomi! and an awesome soundtrack to go with the breathtaking visuals. I can't wait! I generally dislike watching ongoing anime with only 1 episode per week, but this I am sooo watching!
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 03:24   Link #126
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Looks gorgeous and epic with some great new "Last Exile-style" music in there.

The character animation (and backgrounds and sky-scape work) looks fantastic and it's awesome seeing some new Last Exile-style airship fleet battles already teased in the new trailer along with the sweet flying and cool-looking ships. The detail level on the CG ships and structures are stunning too.

Dio already feels like Dio with how they're animating him in the couple of shots of him lol.
Definitely agree with you!

I'm so excited to see another Last Exile anime. I loved the first one and it's one of the few animes I don't mind watching again more than once.

When I heard that a second season was announced, I was like a kid a toy store. What fascinated me the most was the machinery-- from the airships to the Vanships and the characters themselves. Plus, I'm a big fan of Range Murata's art style and artwork.

Looks like The Silver Wing is not going to disappoint me after seeing that PV especially hearing that Maaya Sakamoto will be doing the opening. The first soundtrack to Last Exile was really good and I'm hoping the same for the second season.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 17:53   Link #127
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Not much new on the website but the first broadcast date is going to be October 7th so it just over a month.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 05:36   Link #128
trowapeter

Loved the 2nd PV of Last Exile fam and hopefully it will be as great as the 1st season.

Seeing the ship design,it seems the Empress Flagship will be the same like Urbanus .
Both flagship are designed specifically by not using Guild "unit" to be able to fly.

The opening theme song "Buddy" was giving the calm feeling and synced with the PV gave me the feeling that this series wont disappoint me.
trowapeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 15:14   Link #129
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I didn't like the OP, perhaps it will grow on me. I guess I shouldn't compare it to Cloud Age Symphony which is one of the (if not the) best anime openings ever . But more Hitomi! and an awesome soundtrack to go with the breathtaking visuals. I can't wait! I generally dislike watching ongoing anime with only 1 episode per week, but this I am sooo watching!
Yeah I said that too, I think it sounds nice and I love Maaya Sakamoto's work (and it's great they've got a high profile actress/singer on board), and I'm already liking it so I think I'll end up really getting into it as the OP, but it's hard for it go up against the perfection that was Cloud Age Symphony and it's perfect match to the setting and OP visuals and it's feel like it was practically made for the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Definitely agree with you!

I'm so excited to see another Last Exile anime. I loved the first one and it's one of the few animes I don't mind watching again more than once.

When I heard that a second season was announced, I was like a kid a toy store. What fascinated me the most was the machinery-- from the airships to the Vanships and the characters themselves. Plus, I'm a big fan of Range Murata's art style and artwork.

Looks like The Silver Wing is not going to disappoint me after seeing that PV especially hearing that Maaya Sakamoto will be doing the opening. The first soundtrack to Last Exile was really good and I'm hoping the same for the second season.
Yup, only one more month to go!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 00:44   Link #130
Xenosnake
Badass

Hopefully it's good and does well. Would be sad to see Gonzo close down, especially before they create a Vandread season 3 (which they really have to get on).
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 15:59   Link #131
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Found another review of the advance screening of the movie (this time from the Melbourne screening), not much new stuff but some interesting bits.
Old 2011-09-12, 11:21   Link #132
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I'm still looking forward to this one to find out & wondering how could Dio possibly alive in this series after all these years.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 18:47   Link #133
imbehindyou
turn around...

I'm excited for this. Only three and a half more weeks to go. I'd already watched the first episode Gonzo showcased @ AX this year... but it was hard to understand what was going on, I couldn't see the screen really well - subtitles were almost impossible to read. Well I thought art was really good so hopefully they keep that up for the later episodes too.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 20:29   Link #134
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
I'm still looking forward to this one to find out & wondering how could Dio possibly alive in this series after all these years.
Based on how old he, Tatiana and Allistar look I think it's only been a few years since the old story ended. Or if you mean how he survived after his last appearance in the original series I have no clue, I didn't believe he was alive until he appeared on the character page!
Old 2011-09-17, 20:52   Link #135
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

OMG, I just realized this is by Gonzo!
Not only that, but they are relying on popular voice actors!

How can I not watch this?! It just smells of landmines!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 08:30   Link #136
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Look what's Animax Asia is simulcasting?

Old 2011-09-21, 20:15   Link #137
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Is that confirmed as LE:F? If so then congrats for you guys, Funi already announced they'll be simulcasting it so I haven't been keeping up with that news as much.
Old 2011-09-22, 01:43   Link #138
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Is that confirmed as LE:F? If so then congrats for you guys, Funi already announced they'll be simulcasting it so I haven't been keeping up with that news as much.
According to this article, yes! Good news for Animax viewers since they'll be watching LE:F the same day as Japan like what Animax did with Tears To Tiara.
Old 2011-09-24, 04:21   Link #139
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Animax Asia official confirms they're simulcasting Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing- at the same time as Japan!
Old 2011-09-24, 08:26   Link #140
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

I am looking forward to the music of LE. It is in charge by my favourite composer Hitomi Kuroishi!
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, science fiction