AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-17, 21:09   Link #101
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
lol, cryo-stasis! Problem?
I can picture most of the living members dying. They're all human and humans don't live 200 years. I see their descendants and the pilots as the survivors. I doubt the school has access to that kind of tech, but since everyone was a soldier or meant to be one, I guess they might.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:24   Link #102
maplehurry

It would be funny if Cain goes the way of Knight of One.

Hyped up to be one of the strongest enemy, only to be defeated quickly.
Old 2013-06-27, 21:33   Link #103
Key Board
Carbon

I've asked this in another thread

I fear that the whole 200 years after thing will only be used to wrap things up and used as an epilogue

I hope I'm wrong, because the potential seems interesting
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-27, 22:12   Link #104
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I've asked this in another thread

I fear that the whole 200 years after thing will only be used to wrap things up and used as an epilogue

I hope I'm wrong, because the potential seems interesting
It would depend on how long Season 2 is. If it's only twelve episodes then they've already got a plate full to finish as it is. Cliffhanger ending, character development, seventh pilot, the revolution, King's faction, Liselotte, Magius running things from the shadows, the love triangle.
Old 2013-06-27, 22:57   Link #105
Key Board
Carbon

7th pilot is going to be a Dorsian boy

Probably H-Neun
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-27, 23:07   Link #106
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:

Probably H-Neun
He's likable enough. I could see Kyuuma, Raizo and him as the three amigos due to their personalities.
Old 2013-06-28, 01:21   Link #107
Irenesharda

Quote:

Probably H-Neun
Honestly, I can't shake the feeling that L-elf is going to get a VVV of his own. He needs an upgrade of supernatural proportions if he's going to try to beat Cain, who it seems is being built up as L-elf's nemesis.

And since we see that there are more Magius around than previously thought and all without Valvraves, it's definitely possible for L-elf to become one.

Also, didn't Cain call him, his best "creation"? Could it be that what we thought was right, and that he's been training these boys to become future space vampires?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-28, 01:24   Link #108
~BC~

Watch them piss people off and give Q-Vier one first.
Old 2013-06-28, 01:26   Link #109
Key Board
Carbon

I suppose that's possible but he has been built up as a non-pilot so far, that I tend to over look it

the problem is that Haruto already has the special snowflake Valvrave role taken

if we make L-Elf a pilot as well, there will be a role overlap
Old 2013-06-28, 01:28   Link #110
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Oh God, no...please no. There wouldn't be much galaxy left for the Magius to rule.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-28, 03:01   Link #111
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Honestly, I can't shake the feeling that L-elf is going to get a VVV of his own. He needs an upgrade of supernatural proportions if he's going to try to beat Cain, who it seems is being built up as L-elf's nemesis.
It would be a bit abnormal (even though going against their usual antics is apparently the entire idea behind Valvrave) for L-Elf to have an actual Valvrave unit.

Also, per the series and his claims it also shouldn't be possible. However, it is possible, I suppose, that Cain has bred these agents specifically to be Valvrave pilots in anticipation for an event such as this. The only problem is, since there are apparently three generations of "space vampires" they would have to be Generation 2. It's possible, and I can see it happening, but I hold out for the idea that L-Elf wont get a Valvrave but rather a regular mech that's far more suited to his purposes.
Old 2013-06-28, 04:27   Link #112
Irenesharda

My thing though is that L-elf has been trained proficiently in the art of killing. However, what do you do when the enemy knows all of your moves, and no matter what you do, he just won't die?

Especially, as mortal as you are, he can very easily kill you? In this episode L-11 learned that his plans, his smarts, his strength, just isn't enough in this new supernatural game that he was totally in the dark about, and his frustration and aggravation showed.

We still have a seventh pilot left, and I'm just saying that he needs to be able to level the playing field.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-18, 06:06   Link #113
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyone who becomes a pilot is unlikely to die before the season one finale. The timeskip mentions the Golden 7, so all 7 pilots will probably fight together in their Valveraves and make their name before dying.

Unless of course if the pilot dies and then the Valverave could choose another owner, then nobody except Saki is safe.
indeed...
I'll suspect someone will find Unit 7 later

I hope no main pilots are die... since it seems like their immortal life is connected with their valvrave... I mean if their valvrave got destroyed, I think that's the time they will die
or they will have silly death by hijacking someone's mortal body and ended up dying in there..

too bad but I think L-elf or Haruto won't survive till the end
Old 2013-10-11, 20:50   Link #114
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

We have started season 2 and nobody important has died.

Code Geass might have a lot of BS but they killed an important character in season 1's end. Now my bet is that Saki really dies. The one we see in the future is actually another person possessing her body. Just speculation
Old 2013-10-11, 20:52   Link #115
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Well Satomi is one of the people going to Earth. He could end up getting killed down there. Death could be used as a tool for development with Akira.
Old 2013-10-11, 21:05   Link #116
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Code Geass might have a lot of BS but they killed an important character in season 1's end. Now my bet is that Saki really dies. The one we see in the future is actually another person possessing her body. Just speculation
Possible, but I was under the impression that if someone dies then no one can possess their bodies.

Akira's brother (thought not being an important character) is probably going to die after we get to know a little more about his character and most importantly his relationship with Akira and then kill him off so that Akira grows.

The characters that I don't want to die are Shoko, L-Elf and Akira. Everybody else is meh. But no one is really safe except for Saki, kind of since this show might pull a twist and the Saki that we saw in the future isn't really Saki.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:12   Link #117
Fjoergyn

Many will die and no wonder that some of the drivers we have as vases or kyuuma thunder, but the story is just beginning. Before believed L-11 could be a candidate to die at the end or sacrificing themselves for someone, but that idea has faded a bit.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:18   Link #118
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
We have started season 2 and nobody important has died.

You got first before me. Didn't think someone would say this, but for some reason I also thought that it wasn't actually Saki who we'd seen in the timeskip, though the body was indeed hers. Anyways, this is just a speculation. It hurts to say that it could be Shoko because of the way the seemingly future Saki spoke. It effuses an emotional but very calming atmosphere, consistent to Shoko's presence.

Note: Saki and Shoko are seen standing beside each other in the op, together with being both naked in placidity. Haruto and L Elf are doing the same.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-10-12 at 00:26.
Old 2013-10-11, 23:21   Link #119
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
It would depend on how long Season 2 is. If it's only twelve episodes then they've already got a plate full to finish as it is. Cliffhanger ending, character development, seventh pilot, the revolution, King's faction, Liselotte, Magius running things from the shadows, the love triangle.
Yup, if this is a one-cour season, then VVV is far from finished. I see another split cour somewhere in the future. There is absolutely too much content to fit into just 12 episodes. Most Sunrise mecha anime are 50 episodes, so why is VVV bing boycotted to just 24?

Almost all recent Gundams (2000s) are fifty episodes, since SEED & SEED Destiny are technically separate series, due to having a different MC. (& no, I'm not talking about Athrun/Kira or the returning cast members, I'm talking about Shinn, since he's the main MC of Destiny.)

VVV being a Sunrise mecha series, I expect another split cour in the near future.

Quote:

Probably H-Neun
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
He's likable enough. I could see Kyuuma, Raizo and him as the three amigos due to their personalities.
I can actually see this happening. I highly doubt the G7 will only be Jiorans. I see the "real" Cain & one of his students (doesn't necessarily have to be H-9) completing the G7.

Since the "currant" Cain is a body-jacker, the real Cain is dormant within his own body, I see him getting free as a part of the plot & joining with Haruto in his fight against the Magius. Cain has all rights/reasons to fight against them. He lost ten years of his life because they jacked his body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

And since we see that there are more Magius around than previously thought and all without Valvraves, it's definitely possible for L-elf to become one.

Also, didn't Cain call him, his best "creation"? Could it be that what we thought was right, and that he's been training these boys to become future space vampires?
Nah, if L-Elf becomes an immortal, then the L-Elf x Shoko ship has basically sunk.

I'll explain why: We have Haruto, who refuses to get together with her, solely because he thinks she doesn't deserve a monster, that already makes it plenty clear, if L-Elf is intended to be her OTP, then he will not become a Magius.

If that's the case, then nothing is stopping Haruto from going with her.

He may beat Pseudo-Cain with his own power, i.e. he'll beat him with only his skill & talents acquired as a human, therefore showing that he doesn't need supernatural power to keep up with a vampire.

Basically, we'll have a "anything you can do, I can do" situation being created. It'll also give the human cast some recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
There are anime where a character from the opposing faction does a 180 & suddenly becomes a character that is all about friendship/peace/loyalty (Jeremiah Gottwald [CG], Zuko [A:LA] {Zuko being a coloser eg to Q-5, since they bove some type of obsession that bordered on being psychotic}). Zuko's bloodlust for Aang & Q-5's love of death & constant rivalry with the VVV's). Q-5 could surprise us with something like that. After all, this is VVV, expect the unexpected.

As of now, A-3 & H-9 are the most likely candidates to become VVV pilots among the Dorssian cast.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-11, 23:27   Link #120
Shinhwa
Banned

Shouko might die o3o
Closed Thread