AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-08-28, 17:06   Link #841
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
is Europe finally going to do something with regard to Ukraine/Russia or is it more head in the sand?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 17:28   Link #842
sneaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Too late to do something. Only way to stop Russia would have been NATO troops in Crimea/eastern Ukraine before Russia decided to invade.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 17:44   Link #843
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
maybe some German, French and British soldier can go vacation in Ukraine.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 22:24   Link #844
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Time To Call The Ukrainian Crisis For What It Is: An Invasion:

"Within the last 24 hours, Russia invaded the city of Novoazovsk on the Sea of Azov
with a pair of armored columns, sending Ukrainian forces fleeing, in what is the most
outright display of Russia's involvement in what has been deemed a Ukrainian civil
war.

Meanwhile, NATO has released reconnaissance images that clearly show Russian
armor operating in Eastern Ukraine, and a military activity has spiked on Ukraine's
fresh border with Russian controlled Crimea, setting up the possibility for a dramatic
pincer attack into southeast Ukraine. Also, Russian paratroopers that were
operating in Eastern Ukraine have been captured by Ukrainian forces.

All this, not to mention the fact that Russia already invaded Ukraine's semi-
autonomous Crimean peninsula, and this week's 'humanitarian blitzkrieg' by white-
washed Russian trucks, demands a change in terminology regarding this crisis - it is
no longer a insurrection or a Russian incursion, it is an invasion."

See:

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/tim...1628143421/all
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 22:37   Link #845
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
The problem is Western government has nothing to gain coming to Ukraine to rescue the situation.

I means unless NATO plan to send their own NATO-trained Ukraine militants in. Otherwise, just think, will the western government send its troops in there to fight the separatists, knowing unless they escalate the scale, they gonna face fierce and costly resistance? The separatist won't have to go too far to receive their limitless supply of men and heavy equipment. Not to mention intelligence

But escalate the fight too much means it can poke Russia on funny spot and risk ICBM flying their way.


Best option for them right now is having a backhand deal with the Russia for future return of favor, while plan out so it will not look like they was pushed over by the Russians. The economical sanction seems to be one which possibly be lifted at one point when 'Russia and NATO came in to broker a peace deal between Ukrainian and the separatists to bring peace to the region'. Win-win in front of public. The lack of news focus on the recent escalating involvement also showed just that
__________________

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-08-28 at 22:55.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 23:22   Link #846
Wigwams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post

Meanwhile, NATO has released reconnaissance images that clearly show Russian
armor operating in Eastern Ukraine,
http://usnato.tumblr.com/post/960030...-combat-troops
__________________
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 23:38   Link #847
ImperialKnight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
is Europe finally going to do something with regard to Ukraine/Russia or is it more head in the sand?
Like what?

If they were going to do something they would've already done it.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 00:17   Link #848
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The problem is Western government has nothing to gain coming to Ukraine to rescue the situation.

I means unless NATO plan to send their own NATO-trained Ukraine militants in. Otherwise, just think, will the western government send its troops in there to fight the separatists, knowing unless they escalate the scale, they gonna face fierce and costly resistance? The separatist won't have to go too far to receive their limitless supply of men and heavy equipment. Not to mention intelligence

But escalate the fight too much means it can poke Russia on funny spot and risk ICBM flying their way.


Best option for them right now is having a backhand deal with the Russia for future return of favor, while plan out so it will not look like they was pushed over by the Russians. The economical sanction seems to be one which possibly be lifted at one point when 'Russia and NATO came in to broker a peace deal between Ukrainian and the separatists to bring peace to the region'. Win-win in front of public. The lack of news focus on the recent escalating involvement also showed just that
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Like what?

If they were going to do something they would've already done it.
so more head in the sand then.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 03:40   Link #849
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Kiev have cried wolf about Russia invading far to many times for me to believe them to be honest.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 03:56   Link #850
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so more head in the sand then.
No. They will deal with it the British way :

Middle East > Tea > Eastern Europe.

Nuff said.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 06:43   Link #851
Haak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Kiev have cried wolf about Russia invading far to many times for me to believe them to be honest.
Russia invaded Ukraine and took Crimea ages ago. Kiev wasn't crying wolf there.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 07:53   Link #852
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Kiev have cried wolf about Russia invading far to many times for me to believe them to be honest.
Then you can keep believing that there are no Russian troops in the country, just like what the Russian citizens believe.

People sent to the Siberian gold mines by Stalin refused to believe that Stalin had ben responsible. They believed that to their deaths. It seems truth is too painful to live in for Russians back then, and the same Russians today will believe the exact same lies for the same reason; because lies are less painful.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 14:03   Link #853
kyp275
Meh
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Then you can keep believing that there are no Russian troops in the country, just like what the Russian citizens believe.

People sent to the Siberian gold mines by Stalin refused to believe that Stalin had ben responsible. They believed that to their deaths. It seems truth is too painful to live in for Russians back then, and the same Russians today will believe the exact same lies for the same reason; because lies are less painful.
yea, it's quite something, even the rebels have said those are Russian troops, but I guess them rebels are really just secret Ukrainian propagandists.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 14:27   Link #854
ImperialKnight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so more head in the sand then.
Be realistic here.

There's no "unity" among the European nations to have a general consensus.

Plus, going to war with Russia is suicidal for any political leader. Sure you can rile up the populace but the second a soldier gets killed the public will turn against them and tell them the war is illegal regardless of the cause.

Plus, I'm pretty sure while Russia is being aggressive Putin doesn't want to go over the top either. He would have much to lose if he pushes too far.

My 2 cents anyways.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 14:47   Link #855
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Be realistic here.

There's no "unity" among the European nations to have a general consensus.

Plus, going to war with Russia is suicidal for any political leader. Sure you can rile up the populace but the second a soldier gets killed the public will turn against them and tell them the war is illegal regardless of the cause.

Plus, I'm pretty sure while Russia is being aggressive Putin doesn't want to go over the top either. He would have much to lose if he pushes too far.

My 2 cents anyways.
Putin will continue to push until someone push back. Which means Russian forcesvacationing russian soldiers will be on the border of Germany by 2016.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 19:55   Link #856
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
yea, it's quite something, even the rebels have said those are Russian troops, but I guess them rebels are really just secret Ukrainian propagandists.
It is a crazy contrast to how insults and blame get thrown at Obama, for both things he did do, and many more that he wasn't responsible for. It just seems easy to blame a leader who would soon leave office voluntarily at the end of his term, than to blame a leader who would likely run your country for the rest of his long natural life. Some Americans believe Obama is the Anti-Christ, but they can do that only because they know he would soon be replaced. If you know you likely have to deal with the same leader for the next 30 years, it would be hard to also accept that he is a scary and horrible piece of work.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 00:25   Link #857
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Now Ukraine Wants to Join NATO:

"On Aug. 29, the Ukrainian prime minister said he will pursue NATO
membership for his nation by asking parliament to overturn a law
banning foreign alliances.

Separately, the NATO secretary general said Russia is undertaking direct
military operations designed to destabilize the Ukraine—and that NATO
will “fully respect” any change in the Ukraine’s non-aligned status. He made
the comments today after an extraordinary meeting of the NATO-Ukraine
Commission held at the Ukraine’s request."

See:

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/now...o-9270ed256309

Would NATO really allow a nation to join, when that nation is already in
conflict with the Russians, or anyone else?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 00:27   Link #858
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
does the US and Europe wants to stop Russian at the Ukrainian Border or the Polish Border?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 02:59   Link #859
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
does the US and Europe wants to stop Russian at the Ukrainian Border or the Polish Border?
Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report

Quote:
Aug 29 (Reuters) - Seven NATO allies plan to create a new rapid reaction force of at least 10,000 soldiers as part of plans to boost NATO defences in response to Russia's intervention in Ukraine, the Financial Times reported on Friday.

The aim is to create a division-sized joint expeditionary force for rapid deployment and regular exercises. The British-led force would include air and naval units as well as ground troops, the newspaper said.

Countries involved include Denmark, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Norway and the Netherlands. Canada has also expressed an interest in taking part, it said.

British Prime Minister David Cameron is expected to announce the creation of the force next week, coinciding with the Sept. 4-5 NATO summit in Wales.

Since Russia annexed Ukraine's Crimea region in March, NATO members have taken a number of short-term steps to reinforce the security of allies in eastern Europe that are worried by Russia's new assertiveness.

At the Wales summit next week, U.S. President Barack Obama and other NATO leaders are expected to agree on a longer-term plan for boosting NATO's eastern defences.

One element of the plan will be shaking up NATO's existing rapid reaction force so that some units of it are capable of responding to a crisis in a few days, NATO diplomats say.
I am willing to bet that the force contains 9994 US Marines, Rangers and Airborne and 6 "military advisors" from the other countries. [/sarcasm]
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 03:35   Link #860
Ithekro
The Comet has Come
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 41
Well, Does the Russian Army want to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Berlin at Berlin?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.