AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2018-02-26, 22:49   Link #201
magnuskn

Yeah, I got this niggling suspicion that his bad impulses he so often shows on other shows of his were reigned by his writing partner on Frontier.

Or maybe I'm just a bit salty over Delta. And Aquarion EVOL.
Old 2018-02-27, 00:19   Link #202
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Macross Plus and Macross Frontier were excellent shows. Both of them also benefited from Yoko Kanno composing. Coincidence?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 00:42   Link #203
magnuskn

Yoko Kanno makes everything better. Though I don't think she was involved in the writing.
Old 2018-02-27, 01:04   Link #204
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yoko Kanno makes everything better. Though I don't think she was involved in the writing.
It raised writing quality through the magic of music, duh!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2018-02-27, 09:13   Link #205
magnuskn

I can't deny that the music was incredibly awesome. I listened to the soundtrack many times and still get out individiual songs from time to time.

So, yeah, the OST elevated those shows. However, if Ranka would have won or the writing been bad in other ways than people would remember the show less fondly now.
Old 2018-02-27, 10:27   Link #206
Tak

As I said, MUZIK MAJIK, bro!

- Tak

Old 2018-02-28, 11:59   Link #207
John117xCortana

I miss Yoko Kanno. Haven't heard from her for years....
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 07:37   Link #208
charles883

Man movie is coming out in 6 days. Hopefully subs come out fast.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 21:12   Link #209
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Man movie is coming out in 6 days. Hopefully subs come out fast.
I hope you’ll buy the blu-ray. Like the Delta series, it has English subtitles done by professionals who are also extremely knowledgeable Macross fans
Every sale counts, in showing that there’s an untapped market for Macross blu-rays with English subtitles, regardless of what happens with Harmony Gold.
Old 2018-08-24, 07:58   Link #210
charles883

I love to see how Messer beat Keith,VF-31 Full armored action and how Mirage get her own SV-262.
Old 2018-08-30, 08:36   Link #211
charles883

Movie just out, Is there anyone watch movie already?
Old 2018-08-30, 19:03   Link #212
HirouKeimou

Literally got my copy in the mail today.

Bit of mixed opinions here:
Spoiler for minor movie review since it is kind of a big recap:

That's my opinion, though.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 19:05   Link #213
Kazu-kun

I'm watching it now. The CG dance is ugly as fuck though. Even Aikatsu is better than this. Other than that it looks okay.
Old 2018-08-30, 21:14   Link #214
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm watching it now. The CG dance is ugly as fuck though. Even Aikatsu is better than this. Other than that it looks okay.
I guess it's best in Delta because it's all one scene.

In the special concert movie for Frontier, Nyan Kuri, CGI is mixed with drawn scenes. And no, it does not blend at all. I cringe specifically whenever it crosses over during "Your Sound" and "Northern Cross."

And we should know by now that when Satellight rushes concerts, it'll look bad. I do recall AKB0048. Talk about CGI.

And also, comparing anything concert in Macross to an idol show or the like is kind of silly considering Kawamori lives in a world of his own with concerts. I like to think "Forbidden Elixir" was a fever dream he cooked up while high sometimes because the performance is amazing but the lyrics rarely match what's on display...
Old 2018-08-30, 22:25   Link #215
Kazu-kun

I finished watching.

What I liked: faster pacing, a more meaty ending, everything about Kaname and Messer

What I didn't like: not enough romance between Hayate and Freya, Mikumo's characterization is lacking for the role she has in the plot.

Overall I think it improves on the show, but it's a 7 at best.
Old 2018-08-30, 22:57   Link #216
HirouKeimou

My biggest issue is Delta's movie is designed for people who watched the series; not realizing more than half its audience abandoned ship roughly around episode 17 or by episode 19. In Frontier, it could be done because roughly everyone had seen all of it, and if Wings of Goodbye had been its only movie, people would be less confused than I imagine fans who watched only episodes 1-13 of Delta will be here.

Basically, of all the side characters who gain character growth of significance in the 2nd half of the TV series, Roid and Keith end up losing the most of it in the movie outside of a single flashback. And considering the roll Roid plays in the movie, his dropped character motive especially is... annoying.

If only the second half of Delta had been a little more controlled, then this movie might know which side of the equation it'd like to be on: Telling us about Walkure or about Windermere, or even focusing solely on the budding romance between Hayate and Freyja. But it's focus is all over the place during the film and can be distracting. For a TWO HOUR film, it's fast paced for no reason at all and fails to answer any real questions from the TV series...
Old 2018-09-01, 22:27   Link #217
synx

Is there supposed to be a second Delta movie after this one?
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-02, 08:48   Link #218
devilo96

Btw i saw some old news(idk from when but there are some promotion about sherly) that we will get somthing from macros frontier....and many people think we will get another frontier so..is there any news about that?
>Macross Gets New TV Anime in 2018, 35th Anniversary Project (from ann)
^is this delta movie or a difrent one?
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-02, 16:20   Link #219
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

We had a new song from Sheryl, Ranka and a duet piece. So far the Sheryl song was released for their new Macross pachinko while the rest seem to be for their Mobile rhythm game. All three are to be released as a singles album.

No confirmation on what the supposed 2018 animation project was meant to be still.
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-02, 22:51   Link #220
devilo96

i rewatching macroos f sayonara no tsubasa....but then someone said that sherly kiss the galaxy manga is the sequel and official canon ending...but when i try find the info...ann said that the manga is the prequel for the 1st movie now im confuse..
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote