AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2014-02-03, 20:35   Link #38561
Ickarium

Lots of ways it could work, some better than others. Depends on how heartwarming you want it. Could simply be Reinforce after so long wanting children for instance.
Old 2014-02-04, 02:31   Link #38562
Van Silverlight

How about using Reinforce Zwei like a firewall system or an antivirus system to avoid the book of darkness from being corrupted again?
Van Silverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 06:28   Link #38563
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
I think about that and all I can imagine is a moe-ified Norton Anti-virus.

The big problem with preventing corruption is that you have to know what the corruption is and how to stop it. Said information is something, to the best of my knowledge, that not a single living soul has or has the capability of divining. From what I can imagine, you'd need to create another corruption/entity/thingamajig of equal power that is not only incorruptible by the original somehow, but can eternally deadlock the original corruption to avoid running the risk of becoming the next Big Bad.

But that's me and it's 430 in the morning.
Old 2014-02-04, 10:39   Link #38564
Van Silverlight

I'm planning to use Zwei as a defense system/antivirus to protect Eins from being corrupted again(The Automatic Defense System/Nacthwal was already removed of course by the OC)and i want to make a background story of Eins that she was actually long ago before the Book of Darkness was created.What do you think?
Old 2014-02-04, 16:03   Link #38565
Gx Hero
Rambler

Sounds good and possible considering Zwei's origins. Zwei was created from the left over data from Eins and Hayate's linker core. Who is to say that their wasn't something put into the tome of the night sky but couldn't activate due to the corruption. Their may have been more than one Tome of the night sky, maybe under a different name.

There is also what happened in gears of destiny with Unlimited darkness program that was put in long before the corrupted defense program but was too powerful so it was sealed away. The materials are pieces of the program split into actual people during the gears of destiny game taking on form and personalities based on Hayate, Fate and Nanoha.

You can use something similar for your story line but in this case when they replaced the program they made a anti virus program but due to corruption it was unable to activate.

Anyway sounds interesting. Good luck with your story

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 19:39   Link #38566
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
I should really keep a better handle on where I upload things. >.>

Prologue

Spoiler for Leave of Absence: A Black Wind Blows:
Old 2014-02-05, 03:50   Link #38567
Van Silverlight

MY bad,i forgot to mention on my previous post that i want to make a background story of Reinforce Eins that she was actually a human long time ago.
Old 2014-02-05, 08:06   Link #38568
Gx Hero
Rambler

that is hard because you have to go against cannon for Zwei. However if you want ideas for the story read recollections of a lost age by kaijo on fanfiction.net

Old 2014-02-05, 10:19   Link #38569
Van Silverlight

cannon for Zwei?What do you mean?
Old 2014-02-05, 15:11   Link #38570
Gx Hero
Rambler

Zwei was created from the left over data from reinforce and her linker core was made from a part of Hayate's linker core if she existed at the same time as reinforce eins then her origins have to be taken into consideration

Old 2014-02-07, 04:59   Link #38571
Van Silverlight

No problem,just copy some basic OS or program from Eins.
Old 2014-02-07, 09:29   Link #38572
Gx Hero
Rambler

not what I mean. What I meant was you are probably going to have to make Zwei a part of Eins and when they died or whatever Zwei's data returned to Eins. If this doesn't make any-sense then forget it and go with what you got, or ask someone else and see if I am not getting it wrong or not.

Old 2014-02-09, 08:42   Link #38573
Van Silverlight

how about this?After the OC destroy the coorupted program in Eins,he/she recommend Eins to duplicate some of her data and her memories with hayate to create another she/unison devices that is Zwei to act as additional support for hayate knowing that the wolkenritter and eins can't always stay beside hayate and the OC also ask Eins to act as a mother to hayate rather than a servant/whatever because hayate still need parental love and parental figure no matter how mature she is at young age.
Old 2014-02-09, 09:43   Link #38574
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

And the OC save the day again! Wooohooo!

Yeah, I'm sorry but I have to go with Tiresias here. Even if the OC is not representing the author, said person is still accomplishing things with minimal efforts and no reasonable explanation. This part here " erase The corrupted program in reinforce Eins completely without harming anybody and reinforce Zwei still will born though" rings enough alarm bells, but then your latest post just cement it.

Beside, where is the other Nanoha cast in it. I mean, suggesting that Hayate have a parental figure doesn't need to be the OC job. It could be Dr Ishida - who took care of Hayate since she was young. Or it could be Lindy - who IS taking care of a girl who didn't have good parental figure in her life.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 09:56   Link #38575
Ickarium

The condescension isn't needed, y'know. And fandoms wonder why they grow insular. Too busy writing about how Hayate gropes everyone and dresses them up, I guess.

Anyway, there are definitely warning signs, but it /could/ be done well. It really depends on how it's done.
Old 2014-02-09, 10:06   Link #38576
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

First line was sarcasm. Also, I'm pretty sure I wasn't trying to be condescending. If I gave of that impression, then I apologize.

Yes, it could be done well but it takes a TREMENDOUS amount of effort and writing skill to make it. Especially since the sirens are blazing that loud.
Old 2014-02-09, 10:45   Link #38577
Ickarium

Apologies for my snappishness as well. You hit one of my peeves, s'all. I really hate how various fandoms are prone to various things and I should've been more polite.

It's certainly something prone to problems. Honestly, though, in this case an OC is necessary as none of the main characters are experts on Ancient Belka. 'sides, to be frank, a Daniel Jackson-like character would be fun. He (or she) and Yuuno could hit it off well.
Old 2014-02-09, 10:46   Link #38578
Van Silverlight

Lhklan,what you said is true enough.Its not fair for the OC to achieve that with minimal efforts so let me change that,how about the OC sacrifice a bit of his memory(i was planning to made him as an adoptive older brother for hayate,he was adopted when hayate was still a baby)
Old 2014-02-09, 11:56   Link #38579
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Look, I'll just point out a few problems I saw okay?

- First, how does the OC "can erase The corrupted program in reinforce Eins completely without harming anybody and reinforce Zwei still will born though"? Where does he get such an ability? Born with it, modified human, etc...

- Second, how does he even know it would work? Because the BoD has been around for so long, there's bound to be people who tried and failed to cure it.

- Third, how does he even know HOW to use said ability? I mean, he can't just suddenly know how to use it. (Except in case of modified human)

- Fourth, if he can use it and he KNOW it would work, why come out NOW? Why not seek out and disarm the BoD a long time ago? Or alternatively, why doesn't whoever came up with this method solve the BoD?

- Fifth: Why is he even on Earth anyway? It's a backwater planet far out of the TSAB juridiction. And relatively unknown too.

That's just five problems I got by just glancing at the concept.
Old 2014-02-09, 12:17   Link #38580
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I don't dislike OC's if well written they can be interesting. Mhhh... i'm certainly not that skilled of a writer but let me try this a bit, maybe one of this ideas is usefull or help you tothink about better ideas that mine's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
- First, how does the OC "can erase The corrupted program in reinforce Eins completely without harming anybody and reinforce Zwei still will born though"? Where does he get such an ability? Born with it, modified human, etc...
I'll go with modified human as the Bookl of Darkness is a composed entity suffering of various changes trough history. So the "born with it" sounds a bit too convenient.

Quote:
- Second, how does he even know it would work? Because the BoD has been around for so long, there's bound to be people who tried and failed to cure it.
How about the OC effecitvely being one fo those who tried to cure the book in the past and failed? Maybe he was about to find the solution but the catastrophe occurred sooner than expected. Maybe he made himself into a slider to pursue the book trough dimensions or he actually died but made a magicalbeing/program with his memories to follow the book.

Quote:
- Third, how does he even know HOW to use said ability? I mean, he can't just suddenly know how to use it. (Except in case of modified human)
Modified Human/Sentinent program xD!

Quote:
- Fourth, if he can use it and he KNOW it would work, why come out NOW? Why not seek out and disarm the BoD a long time ago? Or alternatively, why doesn't whoever came up with this method solve the BoD?
I think it will be more exciting if the OC is not completely sure it will work but has high hopes it will. As for the timing, what about the OC not being able to find the book is on Earth until the awakening of the Rogue Defense program which is what alerted him of it's position? Or, if you want the OC to be already there. What about the liberation of the defense program being a necessary condition to exact the cure process? I think this point is pretty flexible.

Quote:
- Fifth: Why is he even on Earth anyway? It's a backwater planet far out of the TSAB juridiction. And relatively unknown too.
Following the trace of the book and having the means to do so trough dimensions (the Wolkenritter were abel to do the same in canon during A's so it's not that farfetched).

Hope that's of some utility. Maybe you can think of better ways, Van xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha