AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-23, 16:54   Link #21961
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-nano View Post
1.Kakine dark matter is inorganic so does it could support telesma if we use it as a magical item?

2.Does kakine can use magic, after I read nt6 preview it seems like he does not have to rely on bloods vessel anymore?

3.Someone argued with me that Accelerator black wings was not organic version of darkmatter and it was not anytype of darkmatter, but it made from amount of AIM so can anyone confirm what black wings also white wings are?

4.Curtana 1-2 can bluff people with telesma for people who believe in something that fit with Their's condition so we can make the magic items similar to that, but send telesma to espers or people(must have been esper) who not believe in magic or oppose magic or magic faction and make or force them use magic then they will suffer with bloods vessel bursted and it will become mass esper terminate weapon?(like Accelerator got sth like this in nt3.)

5.What will happen if we implant darkmatter(like Byouri did before) in to esper?
1- saying that Dark matter is either "organic" or "inorganic" doesn't really make sense in the first place, since dark matter is ... well, dark matter. You can tell something is organic or inorganic from it's chemical composition (non-carbon based=inorganic) ; but DM isn't made of anything from this world, so saying it's inorganic because it doesn't have carbon based components is like saying "HIV isn't a dangerous virus because it can't harm my computer". And something being organic or not is completely irrelevant to Telesma compatibility, as far as we know anything can support Telesma to a certain extend whether it's alive or not.

2- no he can't. Blood vessel exploding is just the recurring effect on regular human body, that doesn't mean in any way that someone who doesn't have blood vessels wouldn't bear any other kind of side effects. In fact, it was already demonstrated (with Kuroyoru Umidori's case) that the feedback of Espers using magic would destroy anything that can be considered as the caster's body = whether it's made of flesh, metal, concrete or any other kind of material.

3- No one ever said it's AIM ... however Kakine clearly said it's DM, and since he grew tenfolds stronger while stating that, then it's likely to be true (until someone says otherwise).

4- hum ... I'm not sure I really understood what you said, but well ... if you are talking about Union jack, then, no. From what we've seen, the spell seems to be only powering up those who accepted to take part in Elizard's counter-attack and wasn't in anyway forced upon them. Also, it was never stated that Mana or Telesma would harm espers, they are only harmed if they use magic, but not by being in contact or subjected to magic.

5- Nothing special, just like what happened with Byori (Espers are just humans after all). Concrete proofs = Kakine
If you are asking this to hear about a possibility of dual skill (DM + the esper's latent ability), it's not impossible. After all, if you think about it deeply, an esper boosted with DM isn't that much different from Kiyama-sensei boosted with 10000 esper powers.
Old 2012-12-23, 17:36   Link #21962
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
1- saying that Dark matter is either "organic" or "inorganic" doesn't really make sense in the first place, since dark matter is ... well, dark matter. You can tell something is organic or inorganic from it's chemical composition (non-carbon based=inorganic) ; but DM isn't made of anything from this world, so saying it's inorganic because it doesn't have carbon based components is like saying "HIV isn't a dangerous virus because it can't harm my computer". And something being organic or not is completely irrelevant to Telesma compatibility, as far as we know anything can support Telesma to a certain extend whether it's alive or not.

Just want to add one thing- Making an artifact powerful enough to contain Telesma is difficult enough as it is without using 'Alien' material.

Quote:
3- No one ever said it's AIM ... however Kakine clearly said it's DM, and since he grew tenfolds stronger while stating that, then it's likely to be true (until someone says otherwise).

Kakine's Dark Matter, Accelerator's is AIM- similar to Fuze=Kazakiri.

Quote:
5- Nothing special, just like what happened with Byori (Espers are just humans after all). Concrete proofs = Kakine
If you are asking this to hear about a possibility of dual skill (DM + the esper's latent ability), it's not impossible. After all, if you think about it deeply, an esper boosted with DM isn't that much different from Kiyama-sensei boosted with 10000 esper powers.

Regardless, it's still not a dual skill since it's not their own power.
Old 2012-12-24, 01:56   Link #21963
leukrota

Quote:
2- no he can't. Blood vessel exploding is just the recurring effect on regular human body, that doesn't mean in any way that someone who doesn't have blood vessels wouldn't bear any other kind of side effects. In fact, it was already demonstrated (with Kuroyoru Umidori's case) that the feedback of Espers using magic would destroy anything that can be considered as the caster's body = whether it's made of flesh, metal, concrete or any other kind of material.
I don't think the body destruction would be much of a problem since he can remake it anyway.

It would probably work similar to Tsuchimikado's magic, as long as it doesn't kill him, he can recover.

It could still be very risky, and even more for Kakine since he doesn't have the expertise. Tsuchimikado himself has said that anytime he uses magic, there's a chance it would kill him. I assume that would be for example if the backlash destroyed his brain or something like that. Kakine also has a brain, so he would have the same potential problem.
Old 2012-12-24, 02:51   Link #21964
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Well, we aren't certain if brain destruction can really "kill" him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Kakine's Dark Matter, Accelerator's is AIM- similar to Fuze=Kazakiri.
Doesn't really make sense, no way he can summon vectors from another world with just AIM ... (still can't find any passage from the novels saying it's AIM)
Old 2012-12-24, 04:24   Link #21965
Twi

Can't he do imaginary vectors while in his angel form?
Old 2012-12-24, 04:28   Link #21966
tsunade666

Quote:

Doesn't really make sense, no way he can summon vectors from another world with just AIM ... (still can't find any passage from the novels saying it's AIM)
Well you do remember that AIM is the by product of esper powers right? its the a field where the esper can manifest its power. Dark wing of Accelerator is pure AIM with a similarity to Dark Matter and you know what..... Dark Matter can be said the same as AIM or a product of AIM and .... well AIM isn't even made up of any product or materials from this world. AIM is also an alien matter to this world but then again there are gemstones the natural occurring one.
Old 2012-12-24, 05:34   Link #21967
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I can't think of it as anything but AIM because of the whole Artificial Angel thing and the confrontation with Aiwass.

It makes even less sense to think that Accelerator can somehow call up Dark Matter.

Another reminder AIM by itself does absolutely nothing- It's only with a catalysis those it actually does anything.

Quote:
“Let us compare it to a crystal. And a familiar substance would be…water or salt. Yes, let us go with salt. Think of an AIM diffusion field as extremely concentrated salt water. However, that alone will not cause crystallization. To effectively proceed, it is better to add a foreign material to the salt water. That foreign material could be a single stick or it could be something like small dust. It could even be an nsrioANGELgau like Fuse Kazakiri. …Well, the crystallization is simple, but when you want it to be a particular shape and size, the qualities of the core must be carefully prepared.”
Old 2012-12-24, 07:03   Link #21968
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Can't he do imaginary vectors while in his angel form?
That's the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Well you do remember that AIM is the by product of esper powers right? its the a field where the esper can manifest its power. Dark wing of Accelerator is pure AIM with a similarity to Dark Matter and you know what..... Dark Matter can be said the same as AIM or a product of AIM and .... well AIM isn't even made up of any product or materials from this world. AIM is also an alien matter to this world but then again there are gemstones the natural occurring one.
I don't think you understood what I meant, AIM is alien to this world? As far as I know, even if they somehow change reality in the process, everything espers do (with the exception of Kakine and the Gemstones) are nowhere near "something alien to this world". Everything they do is explainable by science, represent something that already exist in this world in a way or another and obey the law of science/this world, therefore it doesn't qualify as "something from another world" at all. It's like injecting blood with the same type and rhesus as yours into your organism, no way your body would consider it as something foreign. And my point is, if Accel can't summon imaginary vectors by himself in his base state, then there's no proof his "An Involuntary Movement" would possess such a strange ability.

Quote:
I can't think of it as anything but AIM because of the whole Artificial Angel thing and the confrontation with Aiwass.

It makes even less sense to think that Accelerator can somehow call up Dark Matter.

Another reminder AIM by itself does absolutely nothing- It's only with a catalysis those it actually does anything.
Well, that still doesn't solve the issue about Accel's new-found powers when he sprout wings on his back.
Old 2012-12-25, 00:56   Link #21969
Javiersansano

Quote:
That's the point.

I don't think you understood what I meant, AIM is alien to this world? As far as I know, even if they somehow change reality in the process, everything espers do (with the exception of Kakine and the Gemstones) are nowhere near "something alien to this world". Everything they do is explainable by science, represent something that already exist in this world in a way or another and obey the law of science/this world, therefore it doesn't qualify as "something from another world" at all. It's like injecting blood with the same type and rhesus as yours into your organism, no way your body would consider it as something foreign. And my point is, if Accel can't summon imaginary vectors by himself in his base state, then there's no proof his "An Involuntary Movement" would possess such a strange ability.

Well, that still doesn't solve the issue about Accel's new-found powers when he sprout wings on his back.
Besides, can Accel summon new vectors with his Vector Change? He can only accelerate vectors, changing the intensity or the direction of said vectors... Now, what he cand do with is white wings is something I can't imagine
Old 2012-12-25, 01:13   Link #21970
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Again there's nothing wrong with Holy Right itself.
I mentioned the Aeon it is using for a reason you know.
Old 2012-12-26, 16:44   Link #21971
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

New Testament 6 will be 456 pages long

That's about 200 pages more than the previous volume.
Old 2012-12-26, 17:11   Link #21972
Burden

Omg yes excited. :3 In other news, my edits for volume 2 are wrapping up today.
Old 2012-12-26, 17:14   Link #21973
Acer
Death to the infidels!

This is great news.
Old 2012-12-26, 19:57   Link #21974
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Woohoo, this is gonna be a hell of a read
Old 2012-12-26, 21:06   Link #21975
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

That's great!
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-12-26, 21:15   Link #21976
tsunade666

That's like the thickest book of index yet so far from the old testament to new testament and even counting the side stories.
Old 2012-12-26, 22:38   Link #21977
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Lol Kamichi....

Public class Kamichi extends storytelling implements trolling()
Old 2012-12-26, 22:41   Link #21978
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
That's like the thickest book of index yet so far from the old testament to new testament and even counting the side stories.
NT4 has 468 pages...
Old 2012-12-26, 22:44   Link #21979
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
NT4 has 468 pages...
So it's essentially the same size... As expected of Three-Sided Events.

Out of curiosity, which is the largest book so far?
Old 2012-12-26, 23:24   Link #21980
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
So it's essentially the same size... As expected of Three-Sided Events.

Out of curiosity, which is the largest book so far?
For Index, that.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen