AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 16 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 17.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-11, 07:52   Link #161
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Right.

So who knows? Maybe she'll change it up this time and give us Kagura/Mikono and Amata/Zessica for realz.

But if I was a gambling man, I'd bet money on Kagura/Mikono (and maybe Amata/Zessica) for the next few episodes, and then Okada throws a curveball in the last couple episodes to give us back Amata/Mikono.
That's what I would bet on too, even if she is playing quite soft so far.
To me if we wouldn't have any Kagura/Mikono hard development in opposite to a Mikono/Amata fall-down, then I'll start worrying.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-11, 08:12   Link #162
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Isn't that how she has always been doing things? First True Tears then Hanasaku Iroha...?
Although she didn't write the source material and merely adapted, Toradora and Wandering Son were like that too . And I guess Vampire Knight, though umm... I wasn't the target audience for it though for some reason I watched it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Indeed, best not to think too much about this...
Well if you're a shipper it's unavoidable. But if you're a shipper troll lover like me, then it's quality lols .

Poor shippers
Old 2012-04-11, 08:18   Link #163
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
what was up with Fudou not taking out Kagura in ep 15? He could have easily mopped the floor with him. Why even take the commander out of Kagura's range? Shouldn't he have taken Mikono instead?

I'm really starting to think that this commander is more or less a figurehead, and is useless. Much like the original series, Fudou is really the one who's running things, so unless she has a very important role not-yet-revealed in the series(a key to something, maybe direct descendants of Sylvie, etc.), I don't really see the point in having her as a char. She's not even that great in a 'moe' or loli perspective, not in the same vein as Yunoha anyways.

To my dismay, this was the last chance Zess could at least make Amata look her way, and she blew it. Well, guess there was nothing much left that she could do except reveal her feelings, even if it led to nothing. I am so very disappointed that the whole Amata/Zessica angle hasn't been touched at all since ep 8(or whatever the 'get naked' ep was). I mean, I didn't expect her to win out over Mikono in the end, but I at least expected her to make SOME progress. Instead, we see her char regress to being emo watching Amata/Mikono, which has really undershot her char compared to how she was the first couple of episodes.

Old 2012-04-11, 08:32   Link #164
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Although she didn't write the source material and merely adapted, Toradora and Wandering Son were like that too . And I guess Vampire Knight, though umm... I wasn't the target audience for it though for some reason I watched it
Spoiler for Off Topic:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-11, 09:00   Link #165
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
what was up with Fudou not taking out Kagura in ep 15? He could have easily mopped the floor with him. Why even take the commander out of Kagura's range? Shouldn't he have taken Mikono instead?
That would be too easy. It's like, Mykage could easily take Mikono away if he wanted, but where would be the fun in that? (Well, either that, or he suspects that Mikono wouldn't survive.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
To my dismay, this was the last chance Zess could at least make Amata look her way, and she blew it.
Amata is worried out of his mind about another girl, confused, and Zessica has just broken his heart with her revelation about Mikono - not exactly the ideal time for any girl to try to make him look at her way (why did she even try?). Since Mikono wasn't taken away but left to figure things out on her own, Zessica will have plenty of opportunities as Amata and Mikono will most likely be all awkward around each other. (Whether she has any chances, though, is another question.)
Old 2012-04-11, 09:16   Link #166
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
But if I was a gambling man, I'd bet money on Kagura/Mikono (and maybe Amata/Zessica) for the next few episodes, and then Okada throws a curveball in the last couple episodes to give us back Amata/Mikono.
Spoiler for Don't take this seriously... or do, your choice:
Old 2012-04-11, 09:16   Link #167
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Kagura is annoying.
Amata is damn weak.
Zessica is boring.
Mikono is dumb.

I actually enjoy the supporting cast. The main characters just get on my nerves...
And I don't see the point : each time Kagura appears, we know for sure he's gonna go back the next episode. There is no climax in here...
Old 2012-04-11, 09:21   Link #168
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
I actually enjoy the supporting cast. The main characters just get on my nerves...
And I don't see the point : each time Kagura appears, we know for sure he's gonna go back the next episode. There is no climax in here...
I'm in agreement with Triple_R on this, he really needs to win and accomplish something. All he does per appearance, as our supposed main threat, is rattle the cage then get his ass kicked by someone or other. If he'd actually win a fight, we might have a climax.

... One could argue that he's started to win a fight now, though. The rest will depend on Mikono's actions.
Old 2012-04-11, 09:35   Link #169
miketyson

What would Kagura winning a fight look like, though?

If it means coming back to Neo-Deava and killing a bunch more people...it'd put a bit of a time-crunch onto a lot of his likely future character development. That goes double if he kills some non-background characters.

If it means coming back to Neo-Deava and "kidnapping" Mikono...it'd put a bit of a time-crunch on *her* character development. She has to develop enough that she'd either go voluntarily (for whatever reason) or she'd definitively resist going (for whatever reason).

If it means fighting Amata to a standstill until Mikono makes the peace (), well, we're no longer talking about his winning fights.

If it means realizing Mykage's just been using him to get to the wings, well, that'd be cool, but there's a lot of other people I'd hope to see get a chance to take a swing at Mykage before things wrap up.

Any ideas?
Old 2012-04-11, 09:51   Link #170
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Stockholm syndrome. Irrational, but it happens.
Ehm, no.
Quote:
Stockholm syndrome is a phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them.
See the bold?

She has no reason to feel for him. He did numerous bad things to the city and most likely killed various people. There is no reason for her to feel anything for him except recent.

Oh wait yeah, the whole 12,000 thing right? The thing were they only feel they know eachother?
Old 2012-04-11, 10:25   Link #171
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
Ehm, no.

See the bold?

She has no reason to feel for him. He did numerous bad things to the city and most likely killed various people. There is no reason for her to feel anything for him except recent.

Oh wait yeah, the whole 12,000 thing right? The thing were they only feel they know eachother?
She was pretty much an hostage to me.

Why doesn't she fit the bill to you ?

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-11 at 10:38.
Old 2012-04-11, 12:33   Link #172
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
She was pretty much an hostage to me.
Yeah I agree she pretty much was kidnapped
Old 2012-04-11, 12:49   Link #173
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

Perhaps hostage isn't the best word of choice.

Quote:
hos·tage, n.
A person held by one party in a conflict as security that specified terms will be met by the opposing party.
Kagura kidnapped Mikono, sure but not to be a hostage because he just wanted her. Like he actually cares about anything else.
Old 2012-04-11, 13:01   Link #174
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynzel View Post
Perhaps hostage isn't the best word of choice.

Kagura kidnapped Mikono, sure but not to be a hostage because he just wanted her. Like he actually cares about anything else.
Well. Maybe she doesn't exactly fit the bill. But her circumstances certainly justify to go stockholm on Kagura.
Old 2012-04-11, 18:47   Link #175
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i bet the fangirls are hngggggggg-ing at blushing Kagura.....
I am not at all.
Old 2012-04-13, 08:15   Link #176
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Guess you're not a fangirl then I didn't squealed much when he blushed, but then when he starts licking for shushu..... lol, dafuq am I writing

Quote:
Well. Maybe she doesn't exactly fit the bill. But her circumstances certainly justify to go stockholm on Kagura.
It happens likes stockholm syndrome, but I think psychologically it's different. She didn't fell for him because she sense an unity because she's a hostage and Kagura's a kidnapper (in which supposed to bring a tension in their minds), but more like it's because of that reincarnation things that happened between them Oh also the feeling that 'he-might-not-be-a-bad-guy' because of his reversal power.

My understanding with stockholm syndrome might be a bit off since I took it from G Senjou though

It's also nice to see the tree of life is finally mentioned here. Since they mentioned it at all, I guess it'll become the main topic for future plots? That scene with earth (and grand cross? ) with Amata is a bit suspicious to me too I don't know whether it's just some sorts of special effects or something, but I've a feeling that it somehow matters in a way. For example, they're currently living in somewhere-not-earth, right? If they wanted to show Amata joining up with the soil or all lives in the planet, they're supposed to show Altair rather than earth :< Then again, it could be just earth but with different names to begin with ._.

Seriously, they're focusing too much with the romance aspect that I keep forgetting their plotlines about their world.

Old 2012-04-13, 10:15   Link #177
kuromitsu

I can fangirl and squee with the best of them but Kagura doesn't have that effect on me either (it would probably help if he was less obviously designed to make fangirls squee ^^;; or if he was my "type").

Btw I also agree that there's no Stockholm Syndrome at work here, I mean guys, that takes a relatively long time to develop - Mikono was with him for an hour at most. It's probably part of the reincarnation business.

As for the Tree of Life, FINALLY Mykage mentioned it - I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted Aquarion to try to pollinate the damn tree again (and make sure that this time it's done right). By now I really want to know Mykage's background. Why is he alone, is he the last one of his species? Why is he on Altair? Why oh why is he so fabulous? Why does Altair have wing/feather motifs everywhere, it must be something connected to Angels... for that matter, why haven't they mentioned Angels so far? (They haven't, have they?) Even in this episode the closest they got was Mykage mentioning a war between two races.

Also, what's going on between him and Fudou, hrrrrrr.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-13 at 10:38.
Old 2012-04-13, 10:30   Link #178
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I was under impression that Altair is the OVA universe of the first Aquarion..but then they mentioned about how the tree of life crumbled Maybe I misunderstand something from the first place that there might not be any parallel universe from OVA <-> anime but Altair and Vega are just basically shadow angels world <-> human world. Maybe those humans they used to pollinate the tree of world 12000 years ago started to revive themselves and made civilization there, thus creating Altair

Old 2012-04-13, 10:42   Link #179
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I can fangirl and squee with the best of them but Kagura doesn't have that effect on me either (it would probably help if he was less obviously designed to make fangirls squee ^^;; or if he was my "type").
Look Kagura is... To put is simply, he looks the part but he doesn't play the part. I don't know alot of shoujo series, so I'll go with something simple like say... Shugo Chara? When you compare him with someone like Ikuto, it becomes obvious what Kagura's major shortcomings are when portraying him as the 'badboy'.
Old 2012-04-13, 11:21   Link #180
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Just saw this one. Poor Zessica is making my heart ache. I do not see a nice resolution, there. Hopefully I'm wrong, but... And Mikono stepping in to save Kagura? That shouldn't sit well with Amata - or anyone else, for that matter.

Let's see how next episode goes.

Closed Thread