AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-23, 07:37   Link #341
Ickarium

Regardless, it was amusing in points, though the fanservice was a little high for my tastes. As for Raul, he is rather clueless at times. However, trying to paint him as homosexual simply because he's uncomfortable with romance and women is rather ... an odd choice. The very fact that he _is_ uncomfortable in this situation implies sexual tension, which implies at the most bisexuality rather than homosexuality. But here's me, being rational.

The other demon girl was _definitely_ a better salesperson than Raul, but that actually makes sense. He's great at customer service, but he isn't really extroverted enough to think outside the box and suggest some of her ideas.

Last edited by Kotohono; 2013-11-25 at 10:48. Reason: Quoting deleted post
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 18:22   Link #342
HandofFate

watched episode 7.

No idea why everyone is celebrating from selling ONE air conditioner, while Armada delivery guy was spending the whole day installing them.
Old 2013-11-23, 22:40   Link #343
ellessarr
Banned

lol i was joking but well, indeed that is what make me hate many harem, specially when we have action harem with a mc who was supposedly to be "cool", but he is for some unknow reason "half cool", it's disturbing in a moment see a guy acting cool and brave fighting monsters or enemies or doing awesome speechs, then suddenly because a "girl" come close to him, he turn in a 8 years old guy(specially when the mc is 15+ years old), at last in my country, any normal person who see guys like our garbage raul really gonna think one of that 2 things about him: or he is a retarded(or a person with serious mentals issues having 17 years and acting like a 8) or who he indeed is gay, and in any case will be like me ashamed to see a guy like that.

like i aways like to say, "i'mo not asking him" to turn in a molester or a raper or start to abuse the girls, but not also be the "extreme other side(being a little children in a body of a young man), this disturb a lot, make looks like he born in a world where have only mans and he never even see a woman in his life(he even not have a mother O.o), if him is a shy type fine, but even being a shy, most of the shy peoples are able to deal much better than that anime mcs with womans, this is so much irreal to deal specially when we are talking about a fantasy "hero" before i start to watch animes and specially harem who i start to see "this type of hero"(a one ball hero) peoples like: raul, raishin, the guy of freezing and others garbage guys really end leaving me with a horrible taste and impression of otakus and their creeps tastes.

guys with the power to destroy a world but unable to even have a normal talk with womans.

this is the reason which sometimes when comes to romance i prefer seinen than shounen and try to avoid harems, cuz seinen in most of the cases this garbage personality is very tonned down to a "bearable level when happen and this happen much less than shounen(most of the seinen with romance or even harem who already read or watched the mc even being young act much less childshi than that garbage peoples, much more like their age their have(a 15 years old guy really act like a 15 years old and things like that), ofcourse even seinen have garbage mcs but the amount in seinen is much less than shounen.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-11-27 at 18:18.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 01:33   Link #344
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Have to love Internet Tough Guys.

Regardless, it was amusing in points, though the fanservice was a little high for my tastes. As for Raul, he is rather clueless at times. However, trying to paint him as homosexual simply because he's uncomfortable with romance and women is rather ... an odd choice. The very fact that he _is_ uncomfortable in this situation implies sexual tension, which implies at the most bisexuality rather than homosexuality. But here's me, being rational.

The other demon girl was _definitely_ a better salesperson than Raul, but that actually makes sense. He's great at customer service, but he isn't really extroverted enough to think outside the box and suggest some of her ideas.

Not to mention if he had been the one to mention it and push those ideas, he probably would have been labeled a "hentai pervert freak". In the end Lam was just selling sex appeal. Something not uncommon in the real world. Sometimes to the point where it's annoying, because the item in questions has absolutely nothing to do with sex or sex appeal. Sorry Kim Kardashian and Burger King, but no one looks sexy chowing down on a Whooper.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 02:30   Link #345
The Green One

Well I think we can see the cliches coming. Fino will end up in trouble, and Raul will finally get his chance to play hero by embracing the irony of saving the demon lord's daughter instead of slaying her. We'll have the inconclusive romcom antics at the end, and then we'll ride off into the sunset with the protagonists normal days continuing unchanged.

The same old tired done to death cliches.

Sound's like fun! Can't wait! I honestly didn't think I'd like this series, but once I accepted it for what it was, it was enjoyable.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 04:20   Link #346
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

hmm, I checked lam-san's ears, they're not pointed like fino's, does that mean she's not a demon?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 04:51   Link #347
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
hmm, I checked lam-san's ears, they're not pointed like fino's, does that mean she's not a demon?
Two words: Plastic Surgery.
Old 2013-11-24, 10:28   Link #348
Tenzen12

Two words... Different race.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 15:45   Link #349
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Two words... Different race.
Could be. Usually demons and the like only have one humanoid (ruling) race, with the rest being obviously monstrous. A secondary humanoid demon race, with the "noble" demons like Fino having elvish features, (ears, eyes, etc.) and the others being more human would be interesting.
Old 2013-11-24, 16:32   Link #350
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
She could also be a half breed, that was raised in the demon world.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 20:51   Link #351
dark998

I wanted to see Lore wearing a swimsuit too...oh well. At least the other girls got plenty of material.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 21:35   Link #352
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
She could also be a half breed, that was raised in the demon world.
yep her mother could be a elf then she is a half elf-demon.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 06:42   Link #353
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
yep her mother could be a elf then she is a half elf-demon.
If we'd seen any hint of elves in the series so far, I might agree with you.

Back on Lam-chan, I just noticed her pigtails look like the "head wings" usually seen on Japanese succubi. If she is a demon, that might be a clue as to what type.
Old 2013-11-25, 14:57   Link #354
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I suppose only royal demons or whatever could have pointed ears, with everyone else having normal ears, although they didn't show what kind of ears that "fino-sama" guy from amada had.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 15:05   Link #355
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Sex sells... this episode proves it....^^
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 16:55   Link #356
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Sex sells... this episode proves it....^^
Technically, sex doesn't sell nearly as much as implying it (presenting it as a politically correct object), so the customers will not feel guilty about their choice. Should they be naked or engaged in even soft sex acts, instead of clients they would get demonstrators about objectifying sex, while when objectifying themselves they get money
Old 2013-11-26, 00:15   Link #357
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
I wanted to see Lore wearing a swimsuit too...oh well. At least the other girls got plenty of material.
I want to see fino in a bunny suit.
I am the only one?

aren't elf's magical usually ?

elf + demon = hybrid magical over load leaking out.
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 03:54   Link #358
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Gosh, I really need to pay attention more closely and read the situation.

For starters, I thought the girl employees putting on bikinis in order to attract male customers to buy in the store products was telling that fanservice sells. Reading some of the previous posts, it makes sense that they were actually selling sex appeal in order to lure in customers.

I don't have any knowledge how the publicity and advertising field work in detail, but I do know that stores need the appropriate publicity in order to keep and/or boost their sales. Bad publicity is dangerous as it can fall flat on the sellers' expectations and causing the opposite effect: driving away the customers.

The sexual tension part, on the other hand, well it worked on Raul how it plays on his character. He's been mostly seen at situational misunderstandings when it comes to his female peers.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 12:05   Link #359
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 15:47   Link #360
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 9:
Spoiler for episode:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem