AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-14, 05:40   Link #1221
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
^Uh, I'm pretty sure it's one sided when one of the side utterly annihilated while the other one have 0 loss.
Rimulu elixer really play a large role in this
If not for that there might really be some loss as the Goblin got push back really hard at first
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 05:48   Link #1222
Valky
Radioactive

Mm? What ..? There's no reason to not use it in a war though.

Haven't read the LN. However, I wish the author fix Yuuki's part though, since he's lame as hell. It's a good thing to see Dwargon got more roles so far from the manga since the Dwarf was supposedly strong but always being a side stepped trash in the web novel.
Old 2018-10-14, 05:52   Link #1223
mickbis

Well I mean Empire can actually fight and not that totally one-side beatdown for entire fight
before Gobuta manage to find a way that is...

and yeah I wish Dwargon can participate more as they are powerhouse that can even survived Purge from Angelic force
Old 2018-10-14, 23:43   Link #1224
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I've recently been re-reading the WN and GOD DAMNIT! THE TERMINOLOGY KILLS ME!

It seems really difficult to properly translate anything that can be translated with "Demon" because it's all over the place, even more so if you include all the various media and official vs fan translations.

Mamono (Monster/Magical Being) vs Akuma (Demon/Devil) - both often translated as "Demon" or "Demonic Being"

DIIMON LOUDO vs Maou - I don't think I have to explain what the problem is here, right?

It becomes even better if a translator gets the genius idea to translate "Oni" as "Demon".

I can already forsee that this might cause understanding problems in the anime version as well.
Old 2018-10-15, 11:26   Link #1225
mickbis

Anime Episode 3 is battle against Garou and Naming as expected
so I guess next is
EP4 Dwargon
EP5 return to Village + meet Shisu and 3 idiot
EP6 battle against Efreet

I hope It will faster the speed to 4 Episode per volume so that we could reach Demonlord Awakening (if possible)
Old 2018-10-16, 07:02   Link #1226
Ultragunner

so according to the anime opening we have:

Images
Guy & Velzard?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Guy?

hm...Velzard's dress looks a bit different from what I'd imagine
and what have they done to ya Guy?
Old 2018-10-16, 09:51   Link #1227
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
so according to the anime opening we have:

Images
Guy & Velzard?
Images
Guy?

hm...Velzard's dress looks a bit different from what I'd imagine
and what have they done to ya Guy?
Yeah Guy face look like a fodder villian
which is disappointing
but the animation could fix that so we will need to wait and see
Old 2018-10-16, 10:24   Link #1228
tsunade666

it's really wierd you know. even in ON illustration of Guy. his describe as someone effeminate and can easily turn into girl or guy. gender doesn't matter to him but he looks macho.
Old 2018-10-16, 11:20   Link #1229
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Is it true that Veldora's release is later in the LN than it was in the WN?

In the WN it happened after the "Harvest Festival", so judging by the covers it should be around the end of LN volume 5, however I have been reading various comments about his release being later in the LN, like being postponed until the end of LN vol. 7 (after Hinata re-match) and I even read one version where it was supposedly postponed up until LN vol. 12 (because Veldora is on the cover there).

Does anyone know the truth of this matter?
Old 2018-10-16, 11:37   Link #1230
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Is it true that Veldora's release is later in the LN than it was in the WN?

In the WN it happened after the "Harvest Festival", so judging by the covers it should be around the end of LN volume 5, however I have been reading various comments about his release being later in the LN, like being postponed until the end of LN vol. 7 (after Hinata re-match) and I even read one version where it was supposedly postponed up until LN vol. 12 (because Veldora is on the cover there).

Does anyone know the truth of this matter?
I'm not sure regard vol 5-7 tho
Vol 4 has Rimuru travel to Ingracia meet Ramiris and first fight against Hinata tho it not finish here
so I believe Vol 5 will be the crisis at Tempest
Veldora should be release after this
Old 2018-10-16, 12:05   Link #1231
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
I'm not sure regard vol 5-7 tho
Vol 4 has Rimuru travel to Ingracia meet Ramiris and first fight against Hinata tho it not finish here
so I believe Vol 5 will be the crisis at Tempest
Veldora should be release after this
I just checked the LN illustrations again and LN vol. 5 already has human-form Veldora, so I guess the postponing part was not true after all. But it seems like the events of Walpurgis Banquet were changed a bit because Veldora doesn't seem to go there in the LN version, it seems, according to the illustration. Ranga goes instead and of course Shion who goes along in both versions.
Old 2018-10-17, 01:20   Link #1232
mickbis

Just went back and read Harvest Festival chapter
Remind me of anyone who think Rimuru is brutal when he beheading Direwolf boss
Oh boy.... I cannot wait to see their reaction when they see what happen to all those invader
Old 2018-10-17, 07:14   Link #1233
tsunade666

Rimuru is under heartless during that situation but since he lost it. he mellowed down and he didn't even massacre/eat the annoying empire. well, his forces did the killing but he revived them.

my problem with Rimuru is his too soft. that incident happen because he leans too much on human side which made me Facebook when he made that order in the anime. I really remind me of that regret that big him hard. he change it after having he resolve to turn demon lord but that shouldn't have happen to begin with if his not thinking full of flowers. I agree with veldora that he should be more like his skill Raphael.
Old 2018-10-17, 07:33   Link #1234
Ultragunner

^ but on the other hand, Raphael/Ciel can be too practical and dry, and sometimes can be a weakness as shown when Veldora’s attacks got through her “perfectly” calculated defense

I’d argue that Rimuru’s somewhat carefree and soft demeanours are part of his charisma that attracts other.

Both Rimuru and his skills complement each other very well
Old 2018-10-17, 09:12   Link #1235
tsunade666

true, a comigration of Rimuru and his skill made a perfect combo but the problem is the major attitude of Rimuru. well, that's for me. im fine when he plays around with veldora and ramiris but seriously, so your work. i just cant get my tension high when reading this story.

its one of my favorite in world building but for character? Rimuru is my least favorite and if you know my favorie, like Hachiman or Keima, then you would understand that Rimuru is farthest from those.
Old 2018-10-18, 07:09   Link #1236
Ultragunner

Hm.... Theory time

Spoiler for MC:
Old 2018-10-19, 00:02   Link #1237
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Well, I finally read the WN up until chapter 192 and I got to say that the quality declined quite a lot after the old magic researcher guy and his 3 disciples defected to Tempest. Up until then the story had a good balance between "free time" and "main story" and this balance is the main reason why this story is so good in the first place, but after these 4 defected to Tempest it was pretty much non-stop "main story" stuff and it felt like it REALLY dragged on, up until chapter 192.

And I also got myself spoilt about Rimuru appearently being "gone" for like 40+ chapters shortly after, only returning in the last 10 or so chapters

Most importantly that whole scene how Velda/Angra Mainyu obtained that Justice King Raphael skill was probably the worst scene of the whole novel.

While compared to other instances of such a cliché it was fairly well explained (Rimuru had to hold back because of Chloe and those without ultimate skills couldn't come close because of Greed ability and "last bit of goodness" in the antagonist delayed the final battle), it's still a fact that the author used that disgusting cliché of the surrounded and cornered antagonist somehow barely managing to kill someone/activating a ritual/activating super-plot-device X which causes the summoning of some giant castle and a great army - after which the antagonist becomes arrogant and gives the protagonist time to prepare instead of using the once-in-a-lifetime situation to kill the protagonist. Even if it's explained in a way that it's not too much plot-induced-stupidity, there's still the instance of the always super-prepared Diablo making such an idiotic blunder - and him acting like it never happened, which is out-of-character (I would have expected Diablo to grandiously beg for a severe punishment or something like the Nazarick guardians often do in Overlord)

Oh well, I hope the reason for this decline is something like the author giving more attention to the LN/manga version at that time and just considering the WN as a very basic draft for the commercial versions. I really hope the LN and manga versions (and depending on how many seasons there will be in the future, the anime as well) will fix this issue once they get that far.

Anyone knows whether or not Fuse is in any way involved with the anime production?

I must say though, the LN cover image for vol. 13 looks really cool. It gives me that impression of Three Angels Devils for Charlie Rimuru

By the way, correct me if I am wrong, but when Hinata got came into the world she had neither been summoned nor reincarnated, right? Because the description of how she got into the fantasy world sounded like she randomly stumbled into some kind of dimensional warphole and the first ones she met didn't seem like summoners but rather like random thugs that found her on a street in the fantasy world.

So the fantasy world has all 3 "types" of "Otherworlders" that we usually see in isekai (no meeting with god/goddess though): Those who are summoned (the vast majority of relevant characters), those who stumble into it on their own (Hinata) and those who get reincarnated (Rimuru as Slime and Venom as Devil).

Last edited by GreyZone; 2018-10-19 at 01:33.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 06:59   Link #1238
tsunade666

I would probably put it as drifters. Those who ended up going down the wormhole to other dimension.

And yes, Rimuru had played a hide and sick with Velda.

its annoying as f*ck

Especially when his been all scared and holding back because he thought Velda would have a trump card and he is still cautious. he didn't believe in Ciel at all that its fine. Everything is under control.

its annoying.

its fine to be cautious and all and to not underestimate your opponent but to overestimate it is also not right.

It's annoying to see him play around while the others are desperate and he keeps on saying his working and his seriously doing something.

seriously.... annoying

that is why I don't like Rimuru that much.

Storywise, its fine. Setting wise it's also fine but character wise? ugh.

I liked tensei shitara for its world building and country building but I won't like it for characters.

Seriously. Nai wa. nai wa.
Old 2018-10-19, 08:14   Link #1239
Ultragunner

^ well, the mismatched perspectives are among my favourite thing in Tensei Slime tho

what do you mean by "playing around", he IS *working* *sarcasm*

hey, you can't blame Rimuru for being super cautious, how many times has the bastard pull one under everyone else?

And while Rimuru is gone, it becomes times for other to shine and step up their game, which many did

but then, what would you have him do?
Old 2018-10-19, 09:17   Link #1240
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
^ well, the mismatched perspectives are among my favourite thing in Tensei Slime tho

what do you mean by "playing around", he IS *working* *sarcasm*

hey, you can't blame Rimuru for being super cautious, how many times has the bastard pull one under everyone else?

And while Rimuru is gone, it becomes times for other to shine and step up their game, which many did

but then, what would you have him do?
I'm fine with him playing dead because that's part of the plan but him, not ending it when he had the upper hand. Especially when he acquired parallel existence... urg.

Then again, Ciel is doing background maneuver like secretly power up the allies. While he just loiter around

THE REAL LAST BOSS IS CIEL!!!!

The contrast between those two. it just hits the sore spots that urg. Irritating.

Lots of battles would end easier if its done fast but no. Lets wait and see. Then bam, the enemy played you like a fool but then hahaha Ciel played you all!

That scene where Yuuki revealed he'd taken over Veldenava and the time spell that sends Rimuru to the future? its impossible for Ciel to look over that kind of thing. I bet Ciel lets it hit to get that ability.

Tags
demon lord, evolution, isekai, op slime, reincarnation