AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-04-11, 13:33   Link #21
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Fighters weaving their way through an intense barrage of guided missile salvoes flying every which way chasing them, a hallmark of all Macross dogfight scenes. Named after SDF Macross animation director Ichiro Itano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
And I learn something new everyday. Thank you.
And now for a visual representation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfQ8sAPGKOE (part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo0XX...eature=related (part 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViaVz...eature=related (part 3)

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 13:40   Link #22
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh thanks for those links, going to enjoy watching that So looking forward to the Eureka Seven Movie... imagine how awesome the Itano circus scenes in that will be....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 18:22   Link #23
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
wooowwwww great linksss
Cadorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:30   Link #24
watta

Is Macross F going to be weekly or is it going be a long wait per ep. Like the wait b/w ep1 and ep2?
watta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:41   Link #25
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's airing weekly.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:41   Link #26
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by watta View Post
Is Macross F going to be weekly or is it going be a long wait per ep. Like the wait b/w ep1 and ep2?
Macross F airs weekly on Thursday night / Friday morning (at 1:25 AM). Ep 1 aired on the 3rd, ep 2 on the 10th and ep 3 will air on the 17th. Currently the total number of episdoes are not known but barring any public holidays, it will air once a week.

The Preview version of episode 1 was aired on 23rd December 2007 as part of a Macross 25th Anniversary Special.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:59   Link #27
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I think a person more knowledgeable than myself should put up something about the Supervision Army, the main enemy of the Zentraedi
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 04:09   Link #28
Kinohara

According to wiki, this anime scheduled only 13 episodes
Well... Is that true?
Kinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 07:47   Link #29
ZODDGUTS

Question about the whole Zentradi/Meltlandi breeding with a human okay so if a Zentradi breeds with a human (female) then it's going to be male and only male, while with Meltlandi child with a human will only keep on being female right? Now what about a mix Zentradi/Meltlandi half human would the whole the what type of child's gender determine still continue if their mix? If not then we won't know which parent of Ranka was half Zentradi/Meltlandi.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 08:02   Link #30
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Question about the whole Zentradi/Meltlandi breeding with a human okay so if a Zentradi breeds with a human (female) then it's going to be male and only male, while with Meltlandi child with a human will only keep on being female right? Now what about a mix Zentradi/Meltlandi half human would the whole the what type of child's gender determine still continue if their mix? If not then we won't know which parent of Ranka was half Zentradi/Meltlandi.
Was this ever confirmed somewhere, or speculation on the fact that Max and Millia only ever sired a bunch of daughters? Max could just have a bad Y Chromosome.

Last edited by glyph; 2008-04-15 at 19:39.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 08:03   Link #31
ZODDGUTS

I haven't seen Macross 7 yet but on wiki it says they only had 7 daughters they also list the names.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 13:37   Link #32
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinohara View Post
According to wiki, this anime scheduled only 13 episodes
Well... Is that true?
i hope is wrong, i want 26
Cadorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 18:30   Link #33
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Max And Millia confirmed that Meltrandi and Human can successfully reproduce.

The cloning technique suggest that the zentradi gene is reinforced by the cloning technique.

At the moment nothing suggest that a full human can be clone to full zentradi height, only full blood and half-blood has been confirmed. This suggest that as long as you have some in you, then you can be cloned.

dilution of the zentradi blood has not been fully explored, BUT.

if we take into consideration that Ozma and Ranka are siblings, and we assume they are full blood related, we can deduce:

A) they both came from the same mother

B) Dominates of Zentradi blood is absolute in a mixed couple.

C) Effects of the dominates is (in order): Gender, zentradi characteristics. i.e. hair, skin colour, genetic enhancements for space-born combat.

C) Ranka is 1/4 zentradi

D) Excluding the 1/4th blood from a single zentradi ancestor the rest have been pure human couples

we have to come to the theoretical conclusion taking into fact that the zentradi blood dominates becomes partial diluted by human genes and this overcomes the first hurdle.

1) zentradi gender dominates is reduced to less then 100%, by 1/4th of dilution perhaps to 60%

thus Ozma is born.

2) However this does not over come the dominates of the original genetic traits from, the ancestor.

thus meltran genes dominates Ranka characteristics.

i.e. hair, space combat toughen genetic make-up.

If Ranka was to have another relationship with a Human, i think she will further reduce the gender dominates to a more human percentage of 50%.

i don't know if the characteristics of the gender-affiliated zentradi genes will eventually be diluted but considering the hypothesis over the gender dominates, i think it will be likely, but it will take far more pure human couples.
Old 2008-04-15, 19:38   Link #34
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
At the moment nothing suggest that a full human can be clone to full zentradi height, only full blood and half-blood has been confirmed. This suggest that as long as you have some in you, then you can be cloned.
In DYRL, Max is micloned(macloned?) to zentradi size instead of the other way round. We see him sortie along with Millia in the final battle in a matching blue power armor. Of course, DYRL is not canon, but it would suggest it is at least possible.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 20:34   Link #35
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
In DYRL, Max is micloned(macloned?) to zentradi size instead of the other way round. We see him sortie along with Millia in the final battle in a matching blue power armor. Of course, DYRL is not canon, but it would suggest it is at least possible.
well, this is what you get for typing at 1am in the morning.

cheers mate.
Old 2008-04-16, 01:25   Link #36
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Yeah but what happens if a Zentraedi and Meltlandi have children? Does the effect cancel itself out?
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:27   Link #37
lovelyshopper

what is valkiri
lovelyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 16:57   Link #38
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyshopper View Post
what is valkiri
It is this.

EDIT: and this:
Spoiler:
Thanks to Astrana for the pic!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 17:05   Link #39
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Yeah but what happens if a Zentraedi and Meltlandi have children? Does the effect cancel itself out?
My hypothesis on this, is that if we take the premise that both male and female zentradi genes during the foetus gender gestation are equally dominate, then the conclusion that i have come to is that percentage of either male of female preference is at 50/50 chance for either male or female.

so if you want it in laymen terms, offspring gender in a zentradi couple will be the same as a human couple.
Old 2008-04-17, 02:31   Link #40
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
My hypothesis on this, is that if we take the premise that both male and female zentradi genes during the foetus gender gestation are equally dominate, then the conclusion that i have come to is that percentage of either male of female preference is at 50/50 chance for either male or female.

so if you want it in laymen terms, offspring gender in a zentradi couple will be the same as a human couple.
In humans or other Earth’s higher life forms, YX chromosome enables male form assembling, while XX chromosome enables female form assembling.

DNA is just a four letter alphabet computer like program. The cell hardware executes molecular resequence program(aka genes, DNA) for molecular level disassembling/assembling.

Refer to
http://www.sigevo.org/foga-2007/talk...ormatics-1.pdf

"It is, therefore, a great irony that molecular analysis has led biology
into the informatic realm of complexity, redundancy, signaling,
networks, and decision making"

"A basic lesson from five decades of molecular biology is that
cells are immensely sophisticated cognitive and computational
entities."

Last edited by encia; 2008-04-17 at 03:20.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a