AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-10-14, 15:09   Link #12041
Kurohane

Either way, the series is done, and it's not ever going to be continued. Doesn't matter what Kira's status is if there's not going to be any story to really make use of it.
Old 2017-10-14, 15:34   Link #12042
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Kira holding back too much... Even as his fanboy, I really hate that he won't kill no matter what... Well, at least he trying to kill Durandal
Actually that isn't true. Kira prefers not to kill his opponents but he is willing to kill when it is necessary. He killed Rau without hesitation. He killed (or at least aimed for the cockpit and left her for dead) Stella because she was out of control and it was necessary. He was ready to kill Durandal until Rey did it instead. He is someone who will kill when it is necessary to do so.
Old 2017-10-14, 16:07   Link #12043
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Either way, the series is done, and it's not ever going to be continued.
What makes you so sure of that? Series are getting reboots and remakes and new seasons all over the place. Code Geass, Ushio and Tora, Kino no Tabi to name a few recent examples. If it looks like it will print money badly enough, it will happen.
Old 2017-10-14, 22:36   Link #12044
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
What makes you so sure of that? Series are getting reboots and remakes and new seasons all over the place. Code Geass, Ushio and Tora, Kino no Tabi to name a few recent examples. If it looks like it will print money badly enough, it will happen.
Yeah, but Morosawa is sadly dead so I guess there will be no sequel unless Sunrise decides to focus on new characters like the other Ultimate Coordinator from a SEED spinoff manga
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 00:46   Link #12045
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

But that would be interesting, so no way that'll ever happen.
Old 2017-10-15, 14:52   Link #12046
monster

Kira holding ranks in two different military groups would make sense as long as the two groups are not in conflict with each other. And yes, Kira achieved his objective of protecting the Archangel, so he won that encounter against Athrun.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 15:24   Link #12047
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Pretty much every military would call that treason, monster. It's a conflict of interest between nations.
Old 2017-10-15, 15:34   Link #12048
monster

That’s up to the respective governments to make that determination.
Old 2017-10-15, 15:43   Link #12049
monster

For example, if Kira is assigned to ZAFT under some sort of ZAFT-Orb cooperative mission, then he could hold rank in both organizations that would give him authority to perform his task.
Old 2017-10-15, 16:02   Link #12050
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah? And what's stopping him then from feeding all sorts of sensitive info about ZAFT to ORB? Or vice versa? No one would be stupid enough in reality to allow anyone any sort of power like being in two countries' militaries at once. Especially if they have a history of fighting one another, like ZAFT and ORB do, seeing how they've fought two wars against one another in as many years.

I don't care how trustworthy or godlike Jesus Yamato is, how much faith his sister and his lover have in him to do the right thing. The general populace would riot. It's a political shitstorm, and frankly speaking the only way it'd happen viably is if the PLANTs became a conquered territory of ORB and turned the Council into a puppet government of ORB's. And at that point you'd just be spitting in the PLANT population's faces.

There's a reason why they don't allow that sort of shit. But in SEED, stupidity reigns king because everyone likes Kira to the point of mindless worship.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2017-10-15 at 19:01.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 20:52   Link #12051
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm rather cool with all this coz Drama CD materials are usually second-rate canon. Most of the times, they can put whatever the hell they want without influencing the anime canon (I'd argue the Astray mangas are more canon than the drama CDs). However, I'd be deeply concerned if they go with this setup in a hypothetical sequel anime. So yeah, it's all just pretty amusing to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 2017-10-16, 04:34   Link #12052
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah? And what's stopping him then from feeding all sorts of sensitive info about ZAFT to ORB? Or vice versa?
Absolutely nothing, but if the situation ever arises you can expect the writers and characters to bend over backwards explaining that Kira is sooo smart and sooo special that anything and everything he does is justified forever. Once they forcibly converted even Shinn Asuka into a Kira Yamato fanboy, all hope was lost.
Old 2017-10-17, 17:28   Link #12053
monster

Quote:
Yeah? And what's stopping him then from feeding all sorts of sensitive info about ZAFT to ORB? Or vice versa? No one would be stupid enough in reality to allow anyone any sort of power like being in two countries' militaries at once. Especially if they have a history of fighting one another, like ZAFT and ORB do, seeing how they've fought two wars against one another in as many years.

I don't care how trustworthy or godlike Jesus Yamato is, how much faith his sister and his lover have in him to do the right thing. The general populace would riot. It's a political shitstorm, and frankly speaking the only way it'd happen viably is if the PLANTs became a conquered territory of ORB and turned the Council into a puppet government of ORB's. And at that point you'd just be spitting in the PLANT population's faces.

There's a reason why they don't allow that sort of shit. But in SEED, stupidity reigns king because everyone likes Kira to the point of mindless worship.
The general population may not even know of Kira's existence. And these are the same two governments that allowed Athrun to rejoin them after fighting against them. So even if you want to complain about this, that ship has sailed long before the drama cd.
Old 2017-10-17, 17:42   Link #12054
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, like I said. Stupidity reigns king in SEED. Doesn't mean people should just accept such shitty writing, it just lets people know they can get away with substandard crap too.
Old 2017-10-17, 19:33   Link #12055
monster

Well, whether or not you think this is an example of substandard writing, it is at least internally consistent. You generally don’t see civilians getting involved in matters of military assignments.
Old 2017-10-17, 20:16   Link #12056
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

"Internally consistent"? SEED has been the most inconsistent Gundam story out of the entire bloody franchise. Fukuda retconned something every other month and apparently still isn't fucking done. They can't even pin the right rank on Athrun, it seems. This is garbage writing and garbage consistency. Don't insult my intelligence trying to claim otherwise.
Old 2017-10-17, 20:27   Link #12057
n0m@n
C-Z

Here is the script for the BR drama-cd3 to let you guys see how the content of the BR drama-cd3 is.
https://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.c...br-drama-cd-3/
Old 2017-10-17, 23:34   Link #12058
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Here is the script for the BR drama-cd3 to let you guys see how the content of the BR drama-cd3 is.
https://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.c...br-drama-cd-3/
Thanks n0m@n, that’s pretty amusing .

As for Kira having high military ranks in two very different nations at the same time, well….I think that’s ridiculous even for SEED’s standard. The ridiculousness and stupidity might rival Relena’s retarded Total Pacifism in Wing and all the preposterous things in G. But I give G a pass for obvious reasons .
Old 2017-10-21, 14:18   Link #12059
monster

Quote:
"Internally consistent"? SEED has been the most inconsistent Gundam story out of the entire bloody franchise. Fukuda retconned something every other month and apparently still isn't fucking done. They can't even pin the right rank on Athrun, it seems. This is garbage writing and garbage consistency. Don't insult my intelligence trying to claim otherwise.
So how is Kira holding ranks in two different groups inconsistent? What is it inconsistent with?
Old 2017-10-21, 18:05   Link #12060
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Why so serious?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep