Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-02, 13:41   Link #2601
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
Oh, definitely.

As for intelligence, Aizen, Kisuke are undoubtedly the only intelligent Bleach characters. Oh, and probably Gin.
Ukitake and Shunshui are fairly intelligent too. (even though Shunshui is too lazy to show it)

The Captain-General is really intelligent probably, but he's a hard ass...similar to Byakuya who's made dumber by the "rules" that he follows.

And the weird quasi-science division captain is just plain freaky.
Old 2009-01-02, 15:40   Link #2602
RDF2050
Superidol

For all orihime haters new year new attitude please don't hate a poor bleach character that have right now many frustantion .
Old 2009-01-02, 15:43   Link #2603
Scarlett_Rain55

Question to haters.

Do you think Orihime will revert back to her bubbly, ditsy self?
Old 2009-01-02, 15:58   Link #2604
Langus
Optimus Prime

No. It's too far gone for that. She'll never be the same. Over time she will heal and once her life starts to go back to normal there will be elements of the old Orihime there, but she's lost her innocence and naive way of looking at the world and those can't be brought back.
Old 2009-01-02, 17:43   Link #2605
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
No. It's too far gone for that. She'll never be the same. Over time she will heal and once her life starts to go back to normal there will be elements of the old Orihime there, but she's lost her innocence and naive way of looking at the world and those can't be brought back.
Exactly, its like war vets, they're never truly the same ever again. Memories of the past will always be there affecting them. They may seem somewhat the same on the outside, but...
Old 2009-01-02, 17:46   Link #2606
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Exactly, its like war vets, they're never truly the same ever again. Memories of the past will always be there affecting them. They may seem somewhat the same on the outside, but...
Well, technically, she is a war vet...

*sudden image of Orihime receiving those badges* Woah...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2009-01-02, 18:26   Link #2607
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Going from ditsy from being naive to ditsy from being plain dumb.
Old 2009-01-03, 05:04   Link #2608
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Guys, you are basically implying she'll never heal. How can Orihime fan say that?
I'm not saying she should be all girly-like, after all she's grown up and more mature now but she is naturally a sweet and kind girl and she's not gonna change. She has already been through a real war and she's fought and seen death(SS arc). And she didn't change much-she remained the same bubbly and cute girl she used to be before SS. She became an emo after Rukia came back. In other words, it's emotions towards Ichigo and Rukia that changed her. For these feelings, there's gonna be a resolution.
So I don't think war affects her that much. After she's back to her normal life in Karakura, I doubt she's gonna be depressed. Depression and self-blame are the reason she doesn't act ditzy and she's over that. If not, she's going to get over it when we go back to Karakura. I'm optimisstic and I believe in character developement.
Of course she has lost her innocence. I can't expect anything else. She is a teenager in a world of violence. She's not the girl she used to be. BUT that doesn't mean she's gonna be broken on the inside. This is manga and it's not very realistic..
Old 2009-01-03, 05:43   Link #2609
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Question to haters.

Of course. Rukia lost the will to live, and she still reverted back to her old self. This experience will change Orihime for sure, but her core personality will never change. Like after the Grimmjow fight we caught a glimpse of Orihime being happy again. Relieve the tension and Orihime relaxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Going from ditsy from being naive to ditsy from being plain dumb.
I don't really have anything against dumb characters, just boring ones. Besides Orihime isn't dumb. She's quite thoughtful and reflective.
Old 2009-01-03, 14:12   Link #2610
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That doesn't make her intelligent.
I assume you read the entire manga. Plenty of instances exist that show her intelligence. I hope I don't have to give evidence to show that.
Old 2009-01-03, 15:40   Link #2611
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan

Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
@ichigo&rukia-
.........well didnt we clairfiy that she wasnt emo. she didnt cut her self, can u just say she was sad, upset, letting herself down some thing like that. dont we all are like that at some point, when some happens 2 upset u. ur sad and stuff and u dont cut yourself ur not emo.
but emo is not her.
and shes smart but it seems u just take the bad things out about her and not the good, come on.
but u do "type your mind" (speak your mind) i give u that but still.....

i think she will b about the same, but she'll b more mature. and be tougher.

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Old 2009-01-03, 17:02   Link #2612
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
.........well didnt we clairfiy that she wasnt emo. she didnt cut her self, can u just say she was sad, upset, letting herself down some thing like that. dont we all are like that at some point, when some happens 2 upset u. ur sad and stuff and u dont cut yourself ur not emo.
but emo is not her
I wasn't serious when i said that. She's not emo. It doesn't matter what I said, can't you focus on the other part? I said "emo" which comes from the word "emotional" and clearly, she was influenced by emotions.

Quote:
and shes smart but it seems u just take the bad things out about her and not the good, come on.
but u do "type your mind" (speak your mind) i give u that but still.....
WTF are you saying?
I have pointed aspects in her personality I find likeable. I think the negative outshines the positive which is pretty much why I dislike her character. Of course I'll focus on bad things, it's in human's nature and there's nothing wrong with it. Do I bash her, demean her good qualities? Nope.
She is truly naive. Like when Grimmjow told her to heal Ichigo and then admitted it's because he wants them to fight. Orihime was all-like "omg is that the true reason is that why you wanted me to heal him". Well, my dear Orihime, what else can it be, a blossoming love?
Hm, if you are going to use her good grades to proof her intelligence, just know I'm not gonna argue about this since it hardly plays a role in one's intelligence.
Old 2009-01-03, 22:24   Link #2613
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

ohhhh! I see some strong argueing in here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimepandaFreak View Post
I wasn't serious when i said that. She's not emo. It doesn't matter what I said, can't you focus on the other part? I said "emo" which comes from the word "emotional" and clearly, she was influenced by emotions.
Yea she not emo she just very emotional She was influenced by her emotions and decided to leave and go to hueco mundo to protect her dear friends and Ichigo.

Quote:
WTF are you saying?
I have pointed aspects in her personality I find likeable. I think the negative outshines the positive which is pretty much why I dislike her character. Of course I'll focus on bad things, it's in human's nature and there's nothing wrong with it. Do I bash her, demean her good qualities? Nope.
She is truly naive. Like when Grimmjow told her to heal Ichigo and then admitted it's because he wants them to fight. Orihime was all-like "omg is that the true reason is that why you wanted me to heal him". Well, my dear Orihime, what else can it be, a blossoming love?
Hm, if you are going to use her good grades to proof her intelligence, just know I'm not gonna argue about this since it hardly plays a role in one's intelligence.
She's only Naive when she doesnt really think when she talking. Emotion get in the way also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
That's not what happened. Orihime said she didn't want to heal him because if she did, Grimmjow would hurt him. That was Kubo's attempt at showing how much she cared for Ichigo's safety. Of course, that logic makes no fucking sense whatsoever since Ichigo couldn't have been in worse condition. You either heal him and give him a second chance or he dies.
Yea now that I think of it... If Orhime didn't heal him he would be still in great pain and still be close to dieing! That a good example of her not really thinking things out.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2009-01-04, 11:31   Link #2614
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
That's not what happened. Orihime said she didn't want to heal him because if she did, Grimmjow would hurt him. That was Kubo's attempt at showing how much she cared for Ichigo's safety. Of course, that logic makes no fucking sense whatsoever since Ichigo couldn't have been in worse condition. You either heal him and give him a second chance or he dies.
My bad, I have obviously misread that. Sorry..

Quote:
Yea she not emo she just very emotional She was influenced by her emotions
I think I said exactly that.

Quote:
ohhhh! I see some strong argueing in here..
Not really. Skip some pages behind and you'll see "strong arguing".
Old 2009-01-04, 14:35   Link #2615
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Of course, that logic makes no fucking sense whatsoever since Ichigo couldn't have been in worse condition. You either heal him and give him a second chance or he dies.
If I recall, she had already healed him enough to revive him. She was only refusing to heal him enough to fight till Ichigo insisted.
Old 2009-01-04, 14:38   Link #2616
Blerghovic
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
If I recall, she had already healed him enough to save his life at that point. That's why Ichigo was able to request her to finish the job.
She should've eloped with Grimmjaw and left Ichigo to die...
Old 2009-01-04, 14:39   Link #2617
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post
She should've eloped with Grimjaw and left Ichigo to die...
YES! Any normal girl would do that .

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2009-01-04, 17:21   Link #2618
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan

Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
@ichigo&rukia- srry i misunderstood u.

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Old 2009-03-06, 00:55   Link #2619
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Throwing...names...around? Again with the lack of reading comprehension...

I see no sense in repeating myself if you can't be bothered to read my actual words. (I have already addressed all of your three points more than once).

If you want to engage in selective reading for the sake of being argumentative that's your problem.
For some reason I suspect that's what people usually say to you, and now you just throw it at people when you have nothing to say. Which is probably quite often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
sounds like special pleading, it's the fact that he's basically a super hero that doesn't make him a realistic teenager.

even before he was a shinigami...his life was far from typical...beating up a entire gang is hardly normal teenage life
He beat up three losers, that's hardly an entire gang. If there is a difference in realism between a disney cartoon and something like the Spiderman movies, than Bleach does contain a level of realism, because it is about how a normal teen would handle having super powers and the responsibility to save the world, not a princess who falls in love with a guy she's know for a day and lives happily ever after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
That also makes Ichigo sound even more incredible. Because despite how little they knew eachother at the time, Ichigo still risked his life without hesitation to save both her and her brother. So while Tatsuki may deserve some credit for knowing Orihime longer, and playing the role of guardian by protecting Orihime from some of lifes trials and tribulations (like bullies and name callers), it doesn't negate all the credit Ichigo deserves for what he did and will continue to do for her (on a life or death basis).

Perhaps. But when you already owe your life to that "great person" and that "great person" turns out to be a great friend who you'd gladly risk your life for in return, I could see things taking on an entirely different dynamic.

Well then it's a good thing Ichigo's just a friend and not a boyfriend.

Interests how? Romantically? Well if we're going to go there, then neither has Tatsuki. Both Ichigo and Tatsuki have perfectly valid and justifiable reasons for becoming close to Orihime. Both would risk it all to protect her, and both have done so in ways the other has not. Personally, I don't think Tatsuki has anything on Ichigo and vice-versa. As friends, they're very much equal IMO. The fact that Orihime chose to see Ichigo out of love seems like a logical deciding factor when both of these individuals can arguably be viewed in just about equal regards as best friends. So we're going to have agree to disagree.
Girls have fallen in love for a lot less? How is that love and not a crush? It doesn't matter how many time you own your lives to someone if you've hardly interacted with them or know them intimately, or else you might as well "fall in love" with any person of the year on a magazine. Because apperently you don't have to know someone personally since you can fall in love by looking and knowing that he/she is a great person.

If I have to say good bye to my friend who's been here for me all my life or a random guy who saved my life by pushing me away when I was about to be hit by a truck, the former would be a easy pick because he/she has helped me because he/she cares for me as a person, I have relationship with that person which means I also have a certain level of responsibility, while the later could care less about me or how I feel about him, he saved me because he was decent enough to not watch me die when he can help it.

Those are really basic concepts, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
she didn't surrender when Tatsuki got taken over by that Hollow
she didn't surrender when she took out those two Shinigami while Ishida was whining in SS
she didn't surrender to that the Shinigami on the rooftop that Ishida ultimately took out for good.
she didn't surrender when Mayuri showed up, though Ishida had the one Shinigami take her away from the fight

none of which she was depending on Ichigo...
Yes, and all of this happened before SS arc ended, which explain why there are such a increase of frustration with her character.

Last edited by Marionette; 2009-03-06 at 01:09.
Old 2009-03-07, 09:26   Link #2620
redbakaranger

*headdesk* ...oh my god...lol *continues to get a laugh out of all the overused posting...over and over and over again...>_>*

*headdesk*

Last edited by redbakaranger; 2009-03-07 at 09:37.
Closed Thread