AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-03, 01:30   Link #2341
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

First Clue at ANN on Geneon's new license:

It's based off a PC game.

This would apply to both Higurashi AND Nanoha (Lyrical Box)
Old 2007-03-03, 01:40   Link #2342
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
It's based off a PC game.

This would apply to both Higurashi AND Nanoha (Lyrical Box)
I think that'd be a pretty big stretch to apply to Nanoha, actually. You could say it's a spin-off, but it's not really "based off" of it -- it's entirely original story material written just for the anime (and associated novels, manga, drama CDs, etc.). So yeah, I'm guessing it's probably Higurashi, if it's one of the two.
Old 2007-03-03, 01:44   Link #2343
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think that'd be a pretty big stretch to apply to Nanoha, actually. You could say it's a spin-off, but it's not really "based off" of it -- it's entirely original story material written just for the anime (and associated novels, manga, drama CDs, etc.). So yeah, I'm guessing it's probably Higurashi, if it's one of the two.
Yes, I definitely agree with your assesment.

Nanoha anime takes characters/ideas from Triangle Hearts and Lyrical Box, so its more of a spinoff than actually based off of.

Its most likely Higurashi, though I'm guessing Nanoha and Mariamite's licensing will be announced shortly afterwards.

If/When Nanoha gets licensed, I really hope someone brings over the mangas as well.
Old 2007-03-03, 02:22   Link #2344
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

It'd be nice if they could be included as inserts.
Old 2007-03-03, 17:39   Link #2345
sezen_atacan

Umm.. Is there a particular reason that Fate looks like Arisa? Or is it because the use of generic designs make some characters indifferent from one another?
Old 2007-03-03, 20:57   Link #2346
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Huh? Depending on the hair style Fate's using at the time I guess you could maybe see it, but I don't think it's a big enough similarity to cause confusion. Read back a bit, I think it was only a few days ago that we were talking about this.

So Geneon's mystery series isn't Nanoha. Unless they skew the latest clue in some horribly strange way. I'm mad at them for using Nanoha as a red hering but I can't blame them. They still own that domain though, and Nanoha was their false lead two times in a row, so maybe they'll still actually liscense the thing.

Mainly, I think they need to remember when making these contests that a huge number of their potential buyers watch fansubs, so they'd be able to guess simple clues immediately.
Old 2007-03-03, 21:52   Link #2347
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Nanoha's technically based on a PC-game, but it really is a derived material.

Arisa and Fate look somewhat similar, although Arisa inherits from Arisa Lowell, the ghost, while Fate is... original?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-03-03, 21:55   Link #2348
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
So Geneon's mystery series isn't Nanoha. Unless they skew the latest clue in some horribly strange way. I'm mad at them for using Nanoha as a red hering but I can't blame them. They still own that domain though, and Nanoha was their false lead two times in a row, so maybe they'll still actually liscense the thing.
Well, you know, I'm quite sure that Geneon had no intention that some guy on the Internet would happen to stumble across all these domains (including the one for Higurashi) and publicize that before it the licenses were announced. It sort of screwed up their contest, just like how their last contest was screwed up by an accidental posting on their own website. The moral of the story may be that they should just stop running contests. That being said, the odds of them having licensed it already are pretty big (they haven't been known to buy domains for shows they haven't licensed) -- now we're just waiting for the announcement. Guess we can keep talking about it in this thread though now.
Old 2007-03-04, 22:56   Link #2349
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

VOTE FATE

http://www.lolitron.org

gogo vote fate ^^
Old 2007-03-04, 23:34   Link #2350
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Holy ****....

Pitting two of my favorite characters against each other? THis is just insane, now I don't know who to vote for

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-03-05, 00:44   Link #2351
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiety View Post
VOTE FATE

http://www.lolitron.org

gogo vote fate ^^
I was voter # 666

I vote for Fate with a clear since Yuki isn't really a Loli and Fate pre-S is/was a loli.
Old 2007-03-05, 01:56   Link #2352
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

too bad I wasn't voter #1 for fate :< I was #1 for Evangeline ! damn work :< was stuck on the car driving to work when the votes started
Old 2007-03-05, 04:06   Link #2353
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

....Severely off-topic, guys. It was already off-topic to begin with, but we had the whole "anticipating StrikerS, thus conversing about manga stuff + magic/tech/evil villian rambling" leeway, but this isn't even anticipating anymore, more like advertising.

If I'm not wrong, StrikerS's Chrono lineart hasn't been released, has it? I find that perplexing, especially when the StrikerS manga Chrono doesn't look as adult as the end-of-A's Chrono in the anime. I know the manga's art isn't 120% faithful to the lineart totally, but still...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-03-05, 07:39   Link #2354
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
If I'm not wrong, StrikerS's Chrono lineart hasn't been released, has it? I find that perplexing, especially when the StrikerS manga Chrono doesn't look as adult as the end-of-A's Chrono in the anime. I know the manga's art isn't 120% faithful to the lineart totally, but still...

No I don't think they have... But they don't look TOO different, you could still tell it's the 'adult' him...

Also, it’s weird that they STILL haven't update the StrikerS website about the 'Story', 'World' and 'Character' (But we already know them, so not as important as 'Story'...), as well as the remaining character's image...

'On Air' is now available, but I don't know if it's anything special...
Old 2007-03-05, 19:36   Link #2355
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

They've always been lazy with their websites. Note how at first glance even ON Air seems to be unavailible until you mouse over it. I wouldn't expect a big update until after Murphy's Law comes into effect and proves us wrong about them not updating.

Not that updates are wrong. It's just the only law I could think of that would apply to this. Hmmmmm. Perhaps a Murphy's Good Law?
Old 2007-03-05, 19:45   Link #2356
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Murphy has a good law?! Hmmm, mustn't be popular enough ... Seeing as how the bad one is always... Nvm...
Old 2007-03-05, 19:47   Link #2357
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ooo...looking at AniDB it says strikerS is gonna air on the 2nd of april...i wonder how accurate this is O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-03-05, 22:30   Link #2358
Lost

I voted for Fate too.. and as it turns out, she won!
Old 2007-03-05, 23:14   Link #2359
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ooo...looking at AniDB it says strikerS is gonna air on the 2nd of april...i wonder how accurate this is O.o
It's a reasonable date, and better if it was true, since it's the day after the Lyrical Party. Still gotta wait for confirmation.

And bittersweet moment for Fate winning (my vote), since Yuki got knocked out.

WHY?!?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-03-06, 03:25   Link #2360
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I refer you to your signature.