AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-05, 19:20   Link #101
kujoe
from head to heel

I actually felt a teardrop coming when I heard Mihato's voice for the first time in this episode. They sooo got it right this time! Keeping the original voice cast really makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
Then I can't wait and see how wrong I am going to be proven
Mihato is more of a dere dere (x10), brother-complexed oneesan with a very strict side that rarely comes up. I hope the anime does her character justice. So far, they've done well except I would've preferred a more showy presentation of her "oneesan himitsu dougu" bit than what the anime has in this episode. Shinra-sama on the other hand, is kind of like Ren. She's also a siscon.

I would also like to voice Mentar's post a while ago, about this show having a lot of unusual characters. The main strength of this show is indeed its cast, and the same goes for the game as it is for this anime. (I have no idea what Takahiro was smoking when he conceptualized the whole thing, but whatever it was, it must've been great stuff indeed.) His brand of moe seems to dwell more on female characters with strong personalities (and extra quirks) most of the time, so in this sense it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

And I know I'll be probably beating the same old dead horse again when I say this, but so far this has been such a relief after the Tsuyokiss anime. Hopefully, this series can vindicate that one too.

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-01-06 at 00:16.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 20:43   Link #102
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Mah... Putting how wonderful the characters are aside...

For some reason, the website updated with both episodes 2 and 3... The website acts like the characters (in the other words, that "I'm better than everyone. Call me god." attitude) <--exaggerated. *sob*

Spoiler for ep2:

Spoiler for my thoughts:

Spoiler for A couple of pictures I noticed:

---

Spoiler for ep3:

Spoiler for thougts:

Spoiler for pictures I took notice in:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 00:03   Link #103
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finished up the Raw I like what i see guys. I have not played the game so it was hard for to get involved in the conversations before it aired. Im so glad i waited and gave it a chance now I just have to wait for the subs. I was so busy enjoying the characters and scenery that I didnt really focus on my japanese so i missed a lot.
Old 2008-01-06, 01:19   Link #104
UPR

Guess i'll take a stab at this. And say if there is a couple coming out of this it will be a Shinra x Ren pair.
Old 2008-01-06, 04:17   Link #105
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I can't tell if that's supposed to be a stab at me or something, but if that was the case, I never would have made it past the first volume of Hayate the Combat Butler, or have watched 39 episodes of Hayate no Gotoku.
Nice try at a psychoanalysis, but *bzzt* incorrect.
I believe that Keyboard was trying to point out that in a Master-Servant relationship you cannot EXPECT equality which you seem to indicate in your "kill her after 2 days" comment. A hierarchy is natural here, and if you're not prepared to accept it as part of the job, you'd be unqualified for this line of work in the first place.

So far, Shinra hasn't done anything "unusual" in the master role to warrant your strongly negative reaction, IMHO ... and if THIS riles you up already, it might become problematic for you in the future. So far she did nothing but insist on being called "Shinra-sama" instead of purely "Shinra". But since fortunately it's not you who has to carry out the job, I hope you'll be able to enjoy the show anyway.

Oh, and just about your preview comments, which I'm very grateful for (!):

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 04:23   Link #106
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I believe that Keyboard was trying to point out that in a Master-Servant relationship you cannot EXPECT equality which you seem to indicate in your "kill her after 2 days" comment. A hierarchy is natural here, and if you're not prepared to accept it as part of the job, you'd be unqualified for this line of work in the first place.

So far, Shinra hasn't done anything "unusual" in the master role to warrant your strongly negative reaction, IMHO ... and if THIS riles you up already, it might become problematic for you in the future. So far she did nothing but insist on being called "Shinra-sama" instead of purely "Shinra". But since fortunately it's not you who has to carry out the job, I hope you'll be able to enjoy the show anyway.

Oh, and just about your preview comments, which I'm very grateful for (!):

Spoiler:
Hmm... I understand it after he's employed, but, nanka saa..., there's just something about telling people you first meet to call you by "-sama".

Does being a butler pay well in the first place?
I'd like to think that there are better work out there for me...

Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 04:30   Link #107
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
She is hardly the oujo sama I expect her to be based on looks...Unlike most, she has a cute, fluffy and chibi side to her usual "high and mighty" self. I like her style and she certainly hasn't done anything out of line yet. Frankly, I find the naive oujo sama type a la nagi much more annoying than anything.

WHOO guess whos coming in epsiode 2!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 04:52   Link #108
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Hmm... I understand it after he's employed, but, nanka saa..., there's just something about telling people you first meet to call you by "-sama".
Well, it's part of her ojou-sama character. And she knows that she is one. If this series were a more realistic and serious drama, then of course her attitude would've been regarded differently. But this is also a comedy, so it's going to be playing around with certain character quirks and exaggerating them.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 05:36   Link #109
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
She is hardly the oujo sama I expect her to be based on looks...Unlike most, she has a cute, fluffy and chibi side to her usual "high and mighty" self. I like her style and she certainly hasn't done anything out of line yet.
Well, she has both sides. And a third, which is going to surface soon (poor Ren - or not, depending on how you see it) ^_^

Quote:
WHOO guess whos coming in epsiode 2!
I'm TOO curious how Tanaka Rie will voice her. If you think that Shinra is "high and mighty" ... ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 13:08   Link #110
Avisch
Reality Blender

First episode was as much fun as I expected it to. I loved it.
Quote:
I'm TOO curious how Tanaka Rie will voice her. If you think that Shinra is "high and mighty" ... ^_^;
Yeah. I'm also curious. I watched some scenes from the game with her. But I don't that gave enough feel for me to get the character.

Quote:

Spoiler for pictures I took notice in:
It could be.....but

Spoiler for Scene in the game. I know of:

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 13:11   Link #111
SinsI

The first episode was quite good; girls are interesting and funny, as well as the head buttler.
But I did't like the Kenichi as the main protagonist; they should've choosen somebody better - without such a wimpy voice...
There was also no need to put in so many "nude bath" scenes which doesn't serve any purpose - in such an extremely censored version they don't even count as a fanservice.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 13:53   Link #112
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
The first episode was quite good; girls are interesting and funny, as well as the head buttler.
But I did't like the Kenichi as the main protagonist; they should've choosen somebody better - without such a wimpy voice...
There was also no need to put in so many "nude bath" scenes which doesn't serve any purpose - in such an extremely censored version they don't even count as a fanservice.
Kenichi who? I am very confused here... I think the male protagonist's name is Ren, and he is voiced by Seki Tomokazu, one of the best male CV in the business.....

Also talking about CV, haven't heard Shizuka Itou in such a voice for quite a while. Most of her characters are not like Shinra-sama. I feel that she used Rei(Marimite)'s voice in voicing Shinra-sama. Very interesting. Rei was also an Ojo-sama, appearing strong and cool, but actually very delicate.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 14:30   Link #113
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Kenichi who? I am very confused here... I think the male protagonist's name is Ren, and he is voiced by Seki Tomokazu, one of the best male CV in the business.....
The person that voices Ren also did the voice for Kenichi of History's Strongest Disciple.
Old 2008-01-06, 14:37   Link #114
Random Wanderer

Judging solely from promotional art (and some game cgs) all I have to say at this point is that Shinra-sama right now qualifies as the hottest character of the season, if not hottest ever. I need to see and hear her in action though, before I can make a final judgement.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 14:56   Link #115
changeup

Got it. I haven't watched that show, no wonder I totally have no clue. Anyway, I do not think Seki's voicing is "wimpy"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
The person that voices Ren also did the voice for Kenichi of History's Strongest Disciple.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:23   Link #116
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
I agree with changeup.
If you want a wimpy voice go listen to Jun Fukuyama as Watanuki in xxxholic.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:48   Link #117
UPR

Quote:
Actually I liked the fact they got this VA. With all the expresions this has like in Kenichi they needed someone that could pull that of.
Old 2008-01-06, 18:02   Link #118
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Speaking of VA, i would prefer to have Goto Yuko do Shinra while Itou Shizuka Miyu. If they switch the seiyuu between the sisters, then it would be perfect for me.

This series definitely looks like an adult version of Hayate. But so far, i'm enjoying every moment of it.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 18:20   Link #119
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
Speaking of VA, i would prefer to have Goto Yuko do Shinra while Itou Shizuka Miyu. If they switch the seiyuu between the sisters, then it would be perfect for me.
Why do you say this? I sort of agree with you (for having something different) but just curious on your reasons.

Gotouza-sama is one of my fave seiyuu, especially recently, and not really for Haruhi - I think she's great when playing eccentric or more gruff characters (ala. Blue Drop, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Night Wizard etc.). Seeing her do an eccentric 'ojou-sama' role would have been fun.

But having her, Tanaka Rie, Asakawa Yuu (eg. Sakaki in Azumanga, Itoko in School Rumble) and Itou Shizuka in the same series - very nice. There are a few seiyuu in this that I'm not familiar with at all though - so should be interesting.

Last edited by Diodati; 2008-01-07 at 02:23.
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 18:37   Link #120
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Meh...I wanted rie to be the seiyuu for Shinra but looking at it now I feel that they made a right choice to use Itou Shizuka instead - who is doing a great job at being an oujo sama might I add
Well not knowing the "other" sides of shinra, I can't really make and accurate judgement based on looks alone - who at the time seem to fit rie's style

Miyu's seiyuu to do Shinra would be to OOc for me :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oh, I know her mockery voice well she has to use her trademark "huhuhuhu" ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, seinen