AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-21, 07:53   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2009-04-21, 08:50   Link #2
stigi

this chapter will be so awesome, i wonder how far we'll get towards saving ace and maybe some information about Whitebeards whereabouts..
Old 2009-04-21, 08:52   Link #3
kari-no-sugata

Haven't seen any spoiler images yet.

Seen one very fake looking summary... and one more plausible summary though still seems fishy.

Waiting for confirmed spoilers...
Old 2009-04-21, 09:13   Link #4
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The spoiler from bvOTKk1mXg is probably real.
He's a reliable spoiler source for Naruto threads.

But since I'm not familiar with him, I'm going to wait on Branky, May, or Himajin.
Old 2009-04-21, 14:00   Link #5
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

After reading the spoilers, even God must be carrying that Enel's "Oh my God" face right now.

Crocodile joining the group?

Though I have to admit, even though Crocodile has a corrupted personality, he is one of the bad guys that can change his ways. Not exactly become good, but work in a way (against the Government) that can satisfy his goals to some extent.
Old 2009-04-21, 14:31   Link #6
junte86

That would make my day. I love crocodile... I mean he is such a bad ass and cool character..
and although he was a bad guy he was just soo bad that everyone hated him.. and that means he did his job well done... and his intelligence and power... ahh I think he is one of the best character that was created by Oda... hmm although I wonder what's his plan... since he must be joining luffy for his own goal... unlike other nakama freaks... lol jk
Old 2009-04-21, 15:09   Link #7
AceD
See You En' Tee

wheres that spoiler from? must be temperarally for this arc surely, cant see him actually joining the straw hats :|
Old 2009-04-21, 16:27   Link #8
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
wheres that spoiler from? must be temperarally for this arc surely, cant see him actually joining the straw hats :|
oh lol there would be no way that could ever happen

If its true hes temp joining the group then I can see that, his best chacne of escape is with Luffy and Co. and I see him doing whatever it takes to get out or whatever he wants to do.

Croc is one of my fav big bads and I hope we get to see some really clever thinking from him.

been too long since I've heard his epic laugh MMUHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 2009-04-21, 16:41   Link #9
Prestige

I post Aohiges spoiler post here;

Quote:
The three of them recklessly plow through and manage to get to Level 6.
But there's no sign of Ace in the prison. Ace was already transported away through the elevator that connects directly from the first floor to sixth.
The exit to the entrance was blocked, and tear gas was being pumped into the area.
Inazuma is a Scissor man who ate the Choki Choki fruit, and he uses his ability to block the exit filled with tear gas, but their ways are all blocked now, with no way out.
Crocodile appears, and tells them with his ability, he could get them out of here.
Luffy objects, not wanting to help a man who ruined Vivi's kingdom.
Ivankov convinces Luffy, and tells Crocodile to help them if he doesn't want his secret revealed. (Iva-san seems to know something about Crocodile's weakness)
Jinbei also asks them to take him with them too, as he is indebted to Whitebeard.
The three head out with the two Shichibukai joining them.
The other prisoners also yell at them to release them, but Iva takes them out with his Deathwink.
Old 2009-04-21, 16:42   Link #10
The_Three_Kings

Spoiler for chapter spolier (unconfirmed):
Old 2009-04-21, 17:50   Link #11
syler321

wait so,luffi,crocodile and jinbei are together?
i dont think the world goverment will like to see those 3 escape together...

specialy if they join the straw hats crew,but i dont think crocodile fits to be in the straw hats crew...
Old 2009-04-21, 18:17   Link #12
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
After reading the spoilers, even God must be carrying that Enel's "Oh my God" face right now.

Crocodile joining the group?

Though I have to admit, even though Crocodile has a corrupted personality, he is one of the bad guys that can change his ways. Not exactly become good, but work in a way (against the Government) that can satisfy his goals to some extent.
Not that big of a shocker.
Old 2009-04-21, 19:18   Link #13
marvelB

Yeah, I'm not too surprised about Crocodile helping Luffy, either. However, that "secret" of his certainly piqued my interest. Looks like Oda is going to explore Crocodile's history a bit in this storyline after all. Perhaps we'll finally find out why he abandoned his dream of becoming Pirate King....?

And of course, I fully expected Jinbei to join up with Luffy. I definitely can't wait to find out what abilities he has. It's also pretty cool to see that Inazuma is a DF user, after all. If he has the scissors fruit then that sort of makes him like Daz, I guess (since he was a "blade" man). I'm still hoping that we'll be introduced to Shiryuu and those big, bad, prisoners that Iva mentioned a couple of chapters ago in this chapter. If not, we'll have to wait a few more weeks until they are.....
Old 2009-04-21, 20:42   Link #14
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

It's funny because Crocodiles weakness Is kinda I guess common sense but I guess not in OP. ;P But If he were to join that'd be so badass!
Old 2009-04-21, 20:56   Link #15
marvelB

I'm pretty sure that Iva's referring to a different weakness here. Remember, even though Luffy figured out that he could beat Croc with water, it didn't make much difference because he still lost the rematch anyway (and besides, it's been implied that Haki can directly damage Logias, so liquid isn't even necessary to beat him). This other "weakness" may have to do with why Croc has that big scar across his face, lost his left hand, and effectively lost his dreams of reaching the "Pirates' Summit".....
Old 2009-04-21, 21:56   Link #16
Cinocard

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not too surprised about Crocodile helping Luffy, either. However, that "secret" of his certainly piqued my interest. Looks like Oda is going to explore Crocodile's history a bit in this storyline after all. Perhaps we'll finally find out why he abandoned his dream of becoming Pirate King....?
Did he? I thought all that was for him to become pirate king? He just found out he couldn't do it the normal way, and turn his back to those ancient weapon business.
Old 2009-04-21, 22:00   Link #17
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And of course, I fully expected Jinbei to join up with Luffy. I definitely can't wait to find out what abilities he has. It's also pretty cool to see that Inazuma is a DF user, after all. If he has the scissors fruit then that sort of makes him like Daz, I guess (since he was a "blade" man).* I'm still hoping that we'll be introduced to Shiryuu and those big, bad, prisoners that Iva mentioned a couple of chapters ago in this chapter. If not, we'll have to wait a few more weeks until they are.....**
*With Inazuma, I wonder how his/her powers coresponds with his/her physical style?
**I'm hoping for at least Shiryuu's appearance. Dealing with those other prisoners would be overkill when trying to escape.
Old 2009-04-21, 22:21   Link #18
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Did he? I thought all that was for him to become pirate king? He just found out he couldn't do it the normal way, and turn his back to those ancient weapon business.

Well, in the Golden Week ministory, we see Crocodile transform into a Pirate King thanks to GW's Color Trap, which was supposed to reflect his deepest desire. However, if you look back at his fights with Luffy in Alabasta, he definitely implies that he gave up on his dream. This little conversation from chapter 208 comes to mind:

Quote:
- Page 54 -

Luffy: I AM GOING
TO BE THE "PIRATE KING"!!!!

Crocodile: Listen, kid... The longer one gets to know this ocean, the less one makes rash statements like that.
I already told you there's plenty of rookies like you wandering around!!!

- Page 55 -

Crocodile: THE MORE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE LEVEL OF THIS OCEAN,
THE LESS YOU'LL HAVE DREAMS LIKE THAT!!!

^Add to that the fact that Crocodile makes it his business to not trust anybody, and it would seem that the guy's had quite a mirky past......
Old 2009-04-21, 22:21   Link #19
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Hey all.

Having Croc permanently join the Strawhat Crew would be really cool but he doesn't fit.
All of the others have something they are working towards- good goals. Croc has none.

As a temp with luffy this would be quite amazing, however. I...cough... LOVE CROCODILE... so I am not opposed to this idea. I mean cmon, he is the epitome of villainous.

Also, I find it funny that Oda has chosen yet another *beauty* type theme for a girl. Scissors= hair=make the connection.

Personally, I want them all to escape, and get outside just as Ace is about to be executed. Once he is, Luffy, Whitebeard, Dragon, and everyone who's anyone goes apeshit on the WG.

I just want to see Luffy master Haki. For some reason I don't think it fits him to well but, it would just make me a lot more comfortable for some reason.
Old 2009-04-21, 23:42   Link #20
marvelB

Well, we have our first spoiler pic:

Spoiler:

Luffy finally meets Jinbei, and Ace is gone. More pics should be popping up pretty soon.....

Edit: And some more pics:

Spoiler:

Hmm.... don't see Crocodile so far. However, we can Inazuma's DF power in action (looks pretty awesome, too), so it looks like we have confirmation of the earlier summary. Looks like Ace is having a little scuffle with Magellan, as well. Still crossing my fingers for the chances of Shiryuu or someone else new being introduced this chapter.....
Closed Thread