AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 4 16.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 28.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 12.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 4.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-09, 06:22   Link #21
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valin View Post
But....But... The Athena arc....
yeeah... shame they skipped it all . its very movie material though so they might make a movie out of it.

the animation is ok, not the best but its good enough.
with a tittle like 'cutie' i wasn't really expecting an awesome animation anyway.
Old 2013-04-09, 09:15   Link #22
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

What the hell was that? How did Ruka have her Las Vegas concert dvd if cuties is before CTMEOY?

They are majung a mess they din't need to...

And just followed the manga, what happened to the "each girl's ending" they were going to do?

I'm lost....
Old 2013-04-09, 10:30   Link #23
madmac

Quote:
What the hell was that? How did Ruka have her Las Vegas concert dvd if cuties is before CTMEOY?
It's not set before CTMEOY, they're just adapting chapters from before it happened. Clearly HnG is like groundhogs day.

Seriously, at the very start Maria mentions that Nagi is more excited "when they stay in the apartment instead of the mansion" and we see from Hayate clocking in that Klaus still works there. It's a hat trick.

Quote:
And just followed the manga, what happened to the "each girl's ending" they were going to do?

I'm lost....
Marketing. Marketing is dumb.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:15   Link #24
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

My head hurts, but I think I understand what happened.

They are adapting old mangas as if they were from after CTMEOY?
Old 2013-04-09, 11:19   Link #25
madmac

Quote:
My head hurts, but I think I understand what happened.

They are adapting old mangas as if they were from after CTMEOY?
Yep. So far anyways.

Quote:
Depends if you care about the Hayate story or just want random comedy. The second half of CTMEOY was decent and much better than the first half. While it is anime original stuff, if it becomes canon, it has some juicy plot stuff.
This is a pretty good summary. I'm actually feeling nostalgic enough that I kinda want to go back and watch CTMEOY, but skipping a lot of the early episodes...The animation really shined after they got to Vegas, and I adore the last two episodes.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:25   Link #26
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

CTMEOY had a good plot in the second half, but I don't like being spoilered...
Old 2013-04-09, 18:36   Link #27
Sol Falling

Another fucking dumbass anime by Manglobe. Holy shit they are retarded. I think you can tell that whoever's in charge is just being stubborn too seeing this come out so soon after the last season, which was just a failure in sales. It's a disgrace.

I'll watch this season because A-tan is actually in it, but the way they are randomly fucking with the timeline/canon again will probably take any joy out of what would usually be perfectly enjoyable manga chapters.

Also jesus christ can they just do the Athena arc already. Just properly adapt the manga, god. This is just going to be another failure not even worth talking about.
Old 2013-04-09, 19:56   Link #28
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...

1. To start, what's with the timeline. I thought Hayate and Nagi move back to the mansion last season. But no, all of a sudden, you have them living in the apartment building alongside the rest of the pack.
2. Ruka storyline is WAY off of course. You just can't throw in story that's suppose to happen BEFORE CTMEOY and say it happen afterward. It just makes no sense.
3. Not to mention, Ruka didn't even move in yet and she and Hayate are already THIS close. Okay, they did meet for awhile even in the manga. But how does that explain the fact that even Nagi seems to know her pretty well already also (Didn't say anything like "Who's this certain girl")
4. And of course, no explanation of where chibi A-tan comes from. It's good that she FINALLY appear for more than 5 seconds in flashback, but that's about it.
5. And Klaus...I thought he still lives in the mansion in the manga...
6. Artwork...well, it's better than Aku no Hana at least
7. And yes, Hina and Hayate should get married already.
8. Last note...I really have no clue why in the world they kept Manglobe. The more they attempt to make Hayate something, the better a certain company known as J.C. Staff looks. And quite frankly, when J.C. Staff makes the best season of the series, something is REALLY wrong.
9. Now, starting next episode, will see how much power Manglobe still have left to f**ked things up even more.
10. Rated 6/10. Hina gets points. The story is decent (It's straight from manga chapters, though). But then, CTMEOY starts off okay before it became a disaster in both art and story. Oh well, I guess the lack of random imouto like Tsugumi should makes this season a little bit better (I try not to hate Tsugumi, but seriously, it's way too random)

P.S. IMO the manga is not exactly THAT much better anyway. But at least stuff still makes sense and no random "Throwing Hayate around in a huge circle" for how many? 3 or 4 times this episode?
P.S.2. It's quite awhile that my number of points on my usual list reach 10 lol...
Old 2013-04-09, 20:33   Link #29
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Bleh, I skipped the last season and now I have no clue what's going on in this season.

Is it worth watching the previous season? I hear very bad things about it in terms of story and horrendous artwork.
Can't Take My Eyes Off You (aka season 3) is very much a Your Mileage May Vary series. My feelings towards the series were the opposite of the forum majority in pretty much every regard; I enjoyed it quite a bit and think it's most definitely worth a watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689
Also: Hina x Hayate...

...get married already. Do it. >.>
Yeah, it would be nice for Hayate and Hinagiku to run away and elope, and there would be no problem with that because there's no yanderes lusting after either of them. For all of Hayate's misfortune, it's nothing short of a miracle in anime land to have this big a harem and be completely spared of yanderes.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:16   Link #30
garbage

awww still no narration, oh well I guess that's never gonna happen anymore.
Anyway I kinda enjoy this more than CTMEOY, at least the comedy seems more spot on.

I'm wondering though since i read somewhere this is after CTMEOY, why are they all back in that apartment.? Or is it really before,( but ruka has her Las Vegas concert DVD even the casing shows that particular stage! unless this is another Las Vegas concert and she always use that stage set-up >.< confusing) then that would be funny in a way it's like they telling the story in reverse, meaning we'll get the s3 continuation next season ...maybe not ...
Old 2013-04-09, 23:16   Link #31
Shinhwa
Banned

I only support Ruka x Hayate, Hinagiku x Hayate and Athena x Hayate. Rest can go away
Old 2013-04-10, 00:25   Link #32
eiyuu99

Why not just Hayate x Harem?

His misfortune level is already at Death Flag Master.
Old 2013-04-10, 01:48   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Guys, I'm very confused by all this- is there really a sizable fanbase in Japan or anywhere else in the world that says "Yup, we are completely fine without continuing the main story! Please, there's no hurry...." ?
Old 2013-04-10, 08:51   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Guys, I'm very confused by all this- is there really a sizable fanbase in Japan or anywhere else in the world that says "Yup, we are completely fine without continuing the main story! Please, there's no hurry...." ?
Doubtful. Seems like it's just the author's whims at this point.
Old 2013-04-10, 14:59   Link #35
ChampDream
Alive

is this before or after Can't Take My Eyes Off You?
the opening did have a lot of Hina, I didn't like they gave A-tan so few lines in this episode.
Old 2013-04-10, 15:24   Link #36
xellos2099

This episodes look ok, much better than CTMEOY. Then again, i only like the Hina date episodes in CTMEOY but then they took out some of the joke from manga. But you are right.... how come only JC can made the best looking part of the series and it was airs years ago. But I also notice a lot of graphic fault with this, during the exam, you notice that hayate hair is WAY off. You will notice that hair just get randomly cut off right when it is near the eye. That is just poor animation.

But you know what I think, I think they are making this season to Hina's fan after the extremely poor reception of CTMEOY. Everyone with half a brain know that Hina is the most popular character in the series, after the chromo disaster as CTMEOY last season, they will need to do w/e they can to regain fan's confidence.

Last edited by xellos2099; 2013-04-10 at 15:59.
Old 2013-04-10, 22:41   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Another fucking dumbass anime by Manglobe. Holy shit they are retarded. I think you can tell that whoever's in charge is just being stubborn too seeing this come out so soon after the last season, which was just a failure in sales. It's a disgrace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
But you know what I think, I think they are making this season to Hina's fan after the extremely poor reception of CTMEOY. Everyone with half a brain know that Hina is the most popular character in the series, after the chromo disaster as CTMEOY last season, they will need to do w/e they can to regain fan's confidence.
Nah, the fact that it's back so soon just means that it's a split-cour show (like the previous Kaminomi also by Manglobe/Geneon was a split-cour show). Due to production lead-times, whatever direction they decided to take for this story would have been decided well before they knew the reaction to the first season. However, they probably did plan all along for the two halves to have a different focus/approach, knowing that the anime-original content could be risky.

In the end, I still think the only way to approach the show is just to see it as a re-interpretation of the story, and not an adaptation of the manga.
Old 2013-04-10, 22:43   Link #38
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah, looks to be "Hayate: Omnibus Version." Usually would pass on such things, but A-tan <3 <3 <3

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-04-11, 01:29   Link #39
Traece
:cool:

Y'all are lucky, I still have no idea who Ruka, A-Tan, Chihaya, and the girl with the green hair are. I still don't know why they're all living in an apartment together. Obviously I need to start reading the manga because I've still yet to figure this all out. I'm still stuck on the good old days of Hayate season 2.

Surprisingly though, I did like the actual episode minus all of the strangeness that everyone has been complaining about; though the preview of the next episode is everything I feared...
Old 2013-04-11, 01:54   Link #40
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcscasio View Post

All because they HAD to get Ruka in since she's a popular character in Japan. *_*

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Closed Thread