AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-01-27, 11:40   Link #1
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Arcana Heart

Ladies and Gentlemen: I present `Arcana Heart`, the Most `MoeMoe` Fighting Game in Japan at this point in time:

http://www.arcanaheart.jp/chara.html

Although it may seem there are only 10 Girls of the MoeMoe genre to select from, you then have 10 Tarot based powers to select, and with all the girls able to use any power.

With a bit of mixing and matching, the character lineup is technically a whopping 100 characters!!

This is somewhere between the bone crunching down-to-earth aesthetics of the King Of Fighters Series and the High-Flying insanity of the X-Men VS Street Fighter/Marvel VS Capcom Series. Overall an addictive guilty pleasure.

My favourite characters so far is Heart, The Obligatory Cute-Tsundere), and the the busty Miko Maori complete with Lesbian Harem (Your Read Right Folks!!) that act as special moves for her.

Let the MoeMoe Carnage Begin!!
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 12:50   Link #2
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Heard about and rather interested but isn't it like arcade only? I highly doubt I'd get a chance to play.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 06:27   Link #3
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Heard about and rather interested but isn't it like arcade only? I highly doubt I'd get a chance to play.
You:re absolutely correct sir. I saw it in an arcade in Tokyo two nights ago. It is after all only been released on the 22nd of December back in 2006 (ah those were the days).

But as they say, First comes Arcade Then Playstation Then Kids Playing It On PSP at Station.
Old 2007-01-30, 20:35   Link #4
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Lilica / Saki / gosurori-shoes-which-I-forgot-the-name girl FTW.
Honestly though, the gameplay does not seem to be as polished as I'd like it to be. Maybe actually playing it might convince me otherwise. =/
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 07:55   Link #5
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Is it me or do they have almost all of the moe niches filled in?

Miko, goth, loli, tsundere, mizugi, twins... woah...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 04:23   Link #6
HeartNana

This game is amazing. I play it constantly, go to tourneys here for it every week. Its so fun. Lilica is my character.

Only thing is that Kamui and Konoha are too good. Some arcana's are a bit unbalanced too, hopefully a patch comes out that fixes things a bit cause its an awesome game, but just with a few character balance problems.
HeartNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 23:31   Link #7
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartNana View Post
This game is amazing. I play it constantly, go to tourneys here for it every week. Its so fun. Lilica is my character.
Ooh, you mean the cute rollerblading Loli-Demon. And there's weekly tournaments of this now? That's Totally Righteous, Dude!!

Quote:

Only thing is that Kamui and Konoha are too good. Some arcana's are a bit unbalanced too, hopefully a patch comes out that fixes things a bit cause its an awesome game, but just with a few character balance problems.
Ah, can't wait to get it on PS3...
Old 2007-02-05, 02:04   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow this is right down my alley. Wonder if there will be a PS2 version.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 09:10   Link #9
HeartNana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post

Ooh, you mean the cute rollerblading Loli-Demon. And there's weekly tournaments of this now? That's Totally Righteous, Dude!!
Indeed, cute rollerblading bat-wing girl for the win. And Japan has been having tourneys for this every week since the game came out pretty much.

Quote:
Ah, can't wait to get it on PS3...
well, i have doubts about it being on the PS3 after Sony said that 2D games are a thing of the past for the PS3. Hopefully it'll see a PS2 release not too long from now.
Old 2007-02-05, 19:30   Link #10
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Ahhh... Japan, so that's why.
Arcana Heart for PS3? Is that not a little too overkill? GG#R/ doesn't even consume the full DVD (last I checked, #R/ took up only 1.5-2.5GB out of the 4.4GB space).

@HeartNana:
How is Saki and Rize? (and Lilica)
And I just saw a match of the miko (Maori?) vs Rize and the miko was just jumping and spamming projectiles / summons all over the screen. And when Rize could get in, she'd do a guard cancel push back summon that sends Rize all the way to the other end of the screen. Is she really like that or are the player just not tourney level?
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 01:19   Link #11
HeartNana

Saki is really strong, she's one of those guile-like characters where she has to charge her specials, but she's got a lot of really good normal attacks and really good supers.

Lisolette is decent, she's got strong combos and strong setups with her doll. Sometimes her range is a bit lacking without the help of the doll, but yeah, she's good.

Maori is actually the worst character in the game and relies on pokes and hard setups to do a lot of damage. She's still fun though.

It was prolly just the video that you saw, but if you watch a lot you'll be able to see why a lot of the other characters are so much stronger than Maori. There's a reason why Kamui and Konoha and sometimes Kira take the top spots in tournaments.
Old 2007-02-12, 12:48   Link #12
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

So they are still gonna make games for PS2 in spite of the fact it is now the redundant machine?

If that means Arcana heart will see the light of day on a console, COOL!!
Old 2007-02-12, 13:27   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
So they are still gonna make games for PS2 in spite of the fact it is now the redundant machine?

If that means Arcana heart will see the light of day on a console, COOL!!
It's not redundant. If the game can easily fit on a DVD which as far as I can tell is the case with all current PS3 games (possibly minus that one good one I can't remember the name of). I think you might actually mean irrelevant or obsolete which I'd still disagree with as this new generation aside from the Wii is an unneccessary rehash and graphical upgrade that is being forced on us.

And is that New Jersey from the seminal Buckaroo Banzai Adventures Across the 8th Dimension in your avatar or am I seeing things.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-12 at 17:21.
Old 2007-02-12, 22:33   Link #14
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Oh, no sir/madame/miss!! It's Elliot, the Good-Hearted Gay-Bodyguard from the John Travolta movie Be Cool.
Old 2007-02-12, 23:47   Link #15
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Oh, no sir/madame/miss!! It's Elliot, the Good-Hearted Gay-Bodyguard from the John Travolta movie Be Cool.
Wow that's the first time I've ever been called Miss or Madame in the same sentence. Tell me, do I seem that effiminate to you? It's this new avatar isn't it?

No, I am a guy just to clear things up.
Old 2007-02-13, 11:42   Link #16
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Wow that's the first time I've ever been called Miss or Madame in the same sentence. Tell me, do I seem that effiminate to you? It's this new avatar isn't it?

No, I am a guy just to clear things up.
Gender notwithstanding, that Avatar is absolutely adorable, and there fore a good choice.

I use the sir/madame/miss format just in case: You can never really tell in a place like the internet.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:24   Link #17
PhineasLucis

Felt like bringing this thread back up, since I already played the game out in the arcades.

This game is fantastic. Where the visual novel is usually adapted into a moe fighting game, this moe fighting game is going to be adapted into a visual novel (no, I am not kidding). It's got all the traditional fighting game elements.... as well as 'other' elements, including your traditional sword girl, miko (with a harem of sisters to help her), a gosu-loli and a girl in a school swimsuit.

What is unique though is the arcana element, where a character can choose one out of ten different 'arcana' spiritis that can provide a different sort of magic (and with that, a different movelist) For instance, there is one arcana that can affect time, one that can help you regenerate, and so on and so forth. Noting that there are ten different arcana, a person can come up with at least 100 different fighter variations, including the arcana usually associated with a starting fighter.

For anyone who already played this game, and knows some Jap, this site is really detailed:

http://arcanaheart.sakura.ne.jp/index.html
PhineasLucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:19   Link #18
Js2756
Thread Killer

Only 6 months, and already a balance revision.
Old 2007-04-04, 12:15   Link #19
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Some interesting, but totally pointless data. :x
Spoiler:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 20:55   Link #20
PhineasLucis

Oh.... so that's the average height of each girl in the game (Kamui is the tallest; figures)

Small question: that's only half of their body; anyone with a full simsuit version of the arcana heart characters ? Heart's look interesting (despite her lack of... erm... chest)
PhineasLucis is offline   Reply With Quote