AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-17, 03:32   Link #61
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Maybe because she didn't see him as a loved one but as a friend...perhaps because of Nina's knightly nature she would surely gave him the letter in person anyways but after that she would have started to question him about the girl and the city...
Nina's best(and worst) attribute that she always give her best to anything and no matter how hopeless the situation she won't step back.
Old 2009-02-17, 03:54   Link #62
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Maybe because she didn't see him as a loved one but as a friend...perhaps because of Nina's knightly nature she would surely gave him the letter in person anyways but after that she would have started to question him about the girl and the city...
Nina's best(and worst) attribute that she always give her best to anything and no matter how hopeless the situation she won't step back.
Well we don't really know her feelings towards him but she certainly could have waited for him to get out of the shower or chased after him before he went in to give him back the letter but instead he hung onto it. Also when the fairy tried to open it she said "I know how you feel". Unlike Felli and Mei though she didn't wimp out of giving it to him in person which is admirable.

I don't think her doing her best is her worst attribute. So far that has inspired Layfon to start trying on both occasions. If anything I'd say that her worst attribute is her doing trying to do too many things by herself though with her team I can see why she does to some extent.
Old 2009-02-17, 04:25   Link #63
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

the most important development would be to her character when she became less independent and leans more to her teammates...
I think her do or die attitude is somewhat overly reckless...we could list the situations in her life when that attitude of hers caused almost her death. So it's her best and worst part of her character...
Ok i listened to the duets(i have a tendency to skip op/ed's so i've to pay attention to it to actualy listen it) and have to say i can't chose beetween Nina's and Felli's(because even tough Felli's sound better hers a bit too tinkling...) and Leelin's absoultely lacks power.
Old 2009-02-17, 16:27   Link #64
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, I'm just glad that there's some people here who are also aware that the childhood friend is more often a good thing rather than a bad thing, in terms of canon probabilities.

Of course, it goes without saying I support NinaXHarley and LeerinXLayfon.

NinaXHarley mainly because it's kinda amusing they gender-switched the stereotype... you've got the male this time who follows his childhood friend to the ends of the earth, supporting her all the way, rather than the other way around.

LeerinXLayfon... they still keep in touch through letters, and Leerin is still in the forefront of Layfon's mind as exhibited in some of the episodes. Two thumbs up from me; the fire burns brightly still. ^_^

Granted, Felli is still up there... I blame Nakahara, who is my #1 seiyuu, and she did wonderful as a Ruri clone. Definitely a step up from her Aono of Sola, and like Takako of Otoboku fame, the fantastic VA work alone done for that character rivals my bias for the childhood friend.
Old 2009-02-17, 16:47   Link #65
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Harley not a childhood friend just knows her for a long time, because:
Spoiler for manga:

We know very little about Leerin but i have no problem if she and Layfon will get together...i am better with that than with Felli or Nina.
Old 2009-02-17, 19:02   Link #66
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Anime canon disagrees with you.

Epsiode 3 @ 14:14

'Osananajimi dakara ne.'
'She and I are childhood friends.'

Yeah, without a doubt Harley and Nina are childhood friends, as it came straight out of the horse's mouth. Heck, that sentence was only part of the what he said in full, where he said that he understands Nina because of their bond as childhood friends, yet another common aspect of the archetype.
Old 2009-02-17, 21:26   Link #67
TrueKnight

Felli is currently catching up in terms of development and relationship with his beloved Fon-fon as seen in ep 6. It's only a matter of time before she took the lead over other girls and in the end she'd have Fon-fon as her favourite toy exclusively all to herself haha.

Felli x Fon-fon ftw
Old 2009-02-18, 03:51   Link #68
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

currently Layfon has greater interest in Nina...and she didn't do anything actively to achive that...imagine what happens if she starts fighting for Layfon...she's a very strong competitor...not to mention Leerin who scored the first point before everyone else even met him.
Old 2009-02-18, 04:34   Link #69
Imagine_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
layfon score above 19,800,000 while nina not even 1milion [she got above 800,000]... so roughtly said Layfon is above 20times stronger than her ^^ strange that as for a captain her level is very close to that sniper guy...normaly she should be 2x stronger than him...)
you know the difficulty setting for all the characters was different Layfon was at lvl 10 Nina at 8 sniper guy at 7 and felli lol at 4 (man she really puts her effort into training hahaha) so Layfon would be more than 20x as powerful as Nina.... I guess thats kinda kicking Nina while she is down but had to be said LMAO!
Old 2009-02-18, 16:15   Link #70
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
currently Layfon has greater interest in Nina...and she didn't do anything actively to achive that...imagine what happens if she starts fighting for Layfon...she's a very strong competitor...not to mention Leerin who scored the first point before everyone else even met him.
where did you get that form?

Edit: Is this a anime only discussion or is manga and novel also included?

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2009-02-18 at 16:27.
Old 2009-02-18, 16:49   Link #71
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
where did you get that form?

I'd have to agree with him and I've only seen the anime. Felli and Mei are chasing after him actively but Nina seems to be more a concern to him. Most of that has to do with other reasons not romantic in nature but he still seems more interested in her. Her words often cause him to reconsider his actions and change. They've both basically told each other their life stories and have a lot in common.

If you want you can add a novel or manga information put it in a spoiler tag. Though I don't know if I'll read it as I don't want to spoil myself for later events yet. Also most information from a novel and manga can be taken out of context and it's hard to refute it if you don't have access to that information. So I'd probably just disregard it anyway.
Old 2009-02-18, 17:16   Link #72
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I'd have to agree with him and I've only seen the anime. Felli and Mei are chasing after him actively but Nina seems to be more a concern to him. Most of that has to do with other reasons not romantic in nature but he still seems more interested in her. Her words often cause him to reconsider his actions and change. They've both basically told each other their life stories and have a lot in common.
I don't know if Layfon really cares more for Nina then the others. Just look at episode 5. Layfon didn't want to fight, although he knew, that Nina would probably die. Later on, when he thought about Mei he reconsidered his decision and joined the fight.
Old 2009-02-18, 18:29   Link #73
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
I don't know if Layfon really cares more for Nina then the others. Just look at episode 5. Layfon didn't want to fight, although he knew, that Nina would probably die. Later on, when he thought about Mei he reconsidered his decision and joined the fight.
He cares or else he wouldn't have gone to her and asked her to escape. Why did he reconsider his decision though? Wasn't because of what Nina told him about protecting those who are important to you? Her words seem to have a strong influence on his actions so far in the series. He's also seen worry about her in Ep6 and wanting to continue talking to her at the end of Ep6 after she delivers the letter and turns to leave.
Old 2009-02-18, 19:24   Link #74
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
So it seems right now, even though I can barely see it logically, Nina actually has a "lead" on the others?
Old 2009-02-18, 20:38   Link #75
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
So it seems right now, even though I can barely see it logically, Nina actually has a "lead" on the others?
Well that's just my opinion on it. I think it's a fairly logical conclusion from what we have seen so far. I have yet to see enough to form an opinion on how he feels about Leerin yet so that's a mystery.
Old 2009-02-18, 20:49   Link #76
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post

If you want you can add a novel or manga information put it in a spoiler tag. Though I don't know if I'll read it as I don't want to spoil myself for later events yet. Also most information from a novel and manga can be taken out of context and it's hard to refute it if you don't have access to that information. So I'd probably just disregard it anyway.
Spoiler for manga:

in the anime i see FonFon's attitude toward Nina as more of a dmiration as she has a ideal and goal to work for while he is still trying to figure out what he is. Outside of work and training they seemt o have very little contact. Certainly far less the FonFon and Felli.
Old 2009-02-18, 21:11   Link #77
Slick_rick

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:

in the anime i see FonFon's attitude toward Nina as more of a dmiration as she has a ideal and goal to work for while he is still trying to figure out what he is. Outside of work and training they seemt o have very little contact. Certainly far less the FonFon and Felli.
Can't refute because I have no knowledge of the manga but either way the manga has no real bearing on what's happening in the Anime. They can both be pushing different leads or that scene just shipping fodder, taken out of context, etc. Manga adaptations tend take a different course on relationships sometimes.

In the anime while Felli and Layfon have a bit more interaction it's due to her pursuing him not the other way around. Nina isn't chasing after him but he certainly even at times when he is with Felli he worries and wonders at her. His major actions and decisions so far have been because of her. So far for all the interaction Felli and Layfon have had so far he hasn't been shown to have any romantic interest in her. Layfon and Nina have so far been influencing each other a lot and both changing because of it.
Old 2009-02-18, 21:12   Link #78
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Usually when a thread title doesn't have anything specific-mention such as [anime-only] or [manga], then any spoilers that spoils future event can be disclosed under clearly marked spoiler tags. In this case, spoilers are allowed as long as it is subject specific and the tags are clearly marked.

For the subject of Layfon x Nina pairing, I agree that these two seem to have shown little interest at each other anything remotely that concerns romance. Nina seems to be there as a plot device just to glorify Layfon's superiority in combat. Her lacking only fuels her inferiority complex. Layfon, on the other hand, seems a little distraught whenever Nina is feeling the blue thanks to his superior combat skill. Nothing romantic really, but definitely ammunition for talks. His tired head resting on Nina's chest after fighting the faceless enemies gives rise to further talks. I know, straw-grabbing at best. Whether it'll lead to anywhere is up in smoke at this time in the anime.
Old 2009-02-18, 21:18   Link #79
roan

The Felli manga has no bearing on anything really. Most fans just call it a "fan" manga. It's a respected one, but still a "fan" one.
Old 2009-02-19, 03:42   Link #80
Clarste
Human

Let's do a thought experiment, shall we? Replace Nina with a (straight) male character. How many of their interactions change at all? I'd say very very few. While Nina's certainly important to Layfon's thoughts and actions, that doesn't necessarily imply romance. If anything they're closer to rivals right now.

If they ever do set her up as a love interest, I'd say she has a good chance, but until then she's just not part of his harem. Yet.
Closed Thread