Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 00:04   Link #501
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Face expression before you play the video = GO SEE IT
Old 2012-07-18, 15:38   Link #502
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Critic sent death threats over Dark Knight Rises review.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/website-s...18-085946.html

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 19:40   Link #503
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 20:27   Link #504
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, for me, it’s not surprising if TDKR can’t surpass TDK, or rather I already anticipate it. One primary reason is that there’s no Heath’s Joker in TDKR that everybody miss. In addition, this TDKR story is not “part of the plan” since the Nolan brothers originally plan The Joker to reappear in the 2nd sequel and most likely end Nolan’s Batman saga. But then, out of respect for Ledger’s towering performance, Nolan scrapped The Joker character altogether and (according to many critics’ reviews that I read) isn’t even mentioned in TDKR, at all. So yeah, Ledger’s death (just like the Joker character that he played) screwed up Nolan’s original plan and forced him to come up with TDKR. Still, I’ll def gonna see it .
Old 2012-07-18, 20:58   Link #505
Sumeragi
Banned

As I stated above, any fans of Knightfall would go crazy with DKR. A certain famous scene comes to mind.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 03:05   Link #506
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Eeee I can't wait to see this. I've heard it's supposed to be the best film out of all The Batman films.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:18   Link #507
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Maddy View Post
Eeee I can't wait to see this. I've heard it's supposed to be the best film out of all The Batman films.
If you read many critics' reviews out there, it seems that TDKR is not as good as TDK due to its more convoluted story. It doesn't change the fact that it's still an excellent movie by itself. Seriously, topping TDK's impact on the audience is a near impossible job even for Nolan himself. I still salute him for making TDKR a great movie and will totally see it. Just don't let your expectation sky-rocketting .
Old 2012-07-19, 04:18   Link #508
kramerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Critic sent death threats over Dark Knight Rises review.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/website-s...18-085946.html
Death threats are too much, but am I bad for laughing at people responding to them with "no, his punishment must be more severe?"

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 07:14   Link #509
Haladflire65
*Artist

I thought the whole death threats thing was kind of funny, too, actually. Talk about overreactions. Isn't it good enough if you enjoyed the movie? But a lot of those reviews were pretty annoying - so many unnecessary and unfair Ledger-Hardy comparisons >.>

On another note, I just saw it today. I won't spoil anything without the tags, haha. I'll just say that initially, I was pretty blown away and it gave me massive adrenalin rushes combined with some sobbing, gaping and nail-biting. BUT, if you stop to think about some of the plot points and happenings you start realizing that some parts don't really make sense/were bad writing decisions/just didn't work. Still, I loved it. Hathaway was good, I liked Bane, Bruce was great (I was happy it focused even more on him than TDK), the action was meaty, etc. It was an awesome experience, and I'm excited to discuss it more once everyone sees it

Spoiler for questions/thoughts/gripe about the ending, other thoughts, etc. spoilers:

Last edited by Haladflire65; 2012-07-19 at 07:49.
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 10:40   Link #510
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Spoiler for questions/thoughts/gripe about the ending, other thoughts, etc. spoilers:
Spoiler for Response to one of the topics:
Old 2012-07-19, 13:06   Link #511
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Spoiler for Reply:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 14:25   Link #512
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler for About that:
Old 2012-07-20, 01:14   Link #513
Haladflire65
*Artist

Spoiler for again about the end:

Last edited by Haladflire65; 2012-07-20 at 02:21.
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 01:19   Link #514
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

The contradictions in becoming a monster to scare evil but not kill.

Have not seen the movie, so don't spoil it for me please.

Having given it some thought, Bruce's philosophy is REALLY counterproductive to the point of the horrid, terrifying monster that he created.

A giant bat IS scary, no doubt.

But when you KNOW that a giant bat crashing throught the windows won't kill you, massive wings open wings shilouetted against the moonlight or not, he becomes as scary as Superman, or worse, just another beat cop who takes you to a cell with 3 meals a day.

This comforting knowledge that all that will happen to you is a familiar trip to the police-station rather than the cememtery makes it painfully clear this is NOT demonic-avenger you should be afraid of, but just a man-child playing dress-up, and your whole myth becomes a childish joke.

And this smashes the mythical, mysterious and above all supernatural point of becoming a primal beast of the night into tiny, harmless little pieces.

Notice how Boss Maroney was bored rather than afraid of Batman when he held him by his neck over the second storey fire-escape in The Dark Knight: Once you are mundane, once you show you are human, you are no longer supernatural and therefore no longer terrifying to the forces of evil.

In this sense, Michale Keaton's Batman makes much more sense than Christian Bale, as there is actually a POINT in becoming a Hideous Demonic Giant Bat, because the forces of evil will continue to believe you are a Hideous Demonice Giant Bat, and be afraid to do evil as a result.
Old 2012-07-20, 01:35   Link #515
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Batman may not kill you, but he might scar you for life.

Justice League Unlimited:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-07-20, 02:06   Link #516
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just want to say that just like The Avengers, TDR clearly got a large chunk of its time cut out. I look forward to the DVD "full director's cut edition".

And I am happy with what they have done. Despite this story been made after the Joker's untimely existence failure, the new conclusion did everything possible to tie up the entire trilogy with a neat pink ribbon bow.

What's important to me isn't that Gotham is saved;
Spoiler for ending:

And just to add, the heels on Catwoman... My understanding is that they are a pair of solid metal blades, and as such she uses them as concealed weapos. Pity we never get a good look at them.
(The internet complains that they are uncomfortable, dangerous and impractical for fighting. But I think they got the wrong idea. Catwoman doesn't wear heels because it is part of her costume; she wear heels because it is part of her "Highclass Woman" disguise. She is forced to wear heels the same way men are force to wear neckties. It is necessary for Selina Kyle.)

And finally? I actually like the bike more than The Bat. It did more cool things. And as far as I can tell, it is real.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-07-20 at 02:32.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 06:07   Link #517
Destined_Fate

Spoiler:
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 06:37   Link #518
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for discussion:

EDIT: I am not sure. But I suspect the old police officer who first saw Batman in TDKR and say to "get ready for a big show", is the same character and actor as the one in Batman Begins, who was the first cop to see the Begins Batmobile.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-07-20 at 08:03.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:03   Link #519
hero147

The Dark Knight brings out the worst in people. There was a shooting in Denver killing 12 people at a Batman midnight screening.

Source: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ten-killed-...083043066.html
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:10   Link #520
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
The Dark Knight brings out the worst in people. There was a shooting in Denver killing 12 people at a Batman midnight screening.

Source: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ten-killed-...083043066.html
There's no evidence that it was The Dark Knight Rises that was the cause of the shooting, so I don't think "brings out the worst in people" is a good thing to say about it. For all we know, this crazed gunman could have done this at any other movie showing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote