AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-11-12, 19:38   Link #141
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^^Yeah, really nice chapter. Cecilia can finally be happy!

Hope it'll have a LN, as well as a good illustrator, want to see Cecilia~
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 21:15   Link #142
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I told you people that it's immortality

Btw, Cecilia's past really dark, gang rape and shit sob story

Last edited by wuhugm; 2017-11-12 at 21:54.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 21:53   Link #143
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Really erotora? I can accept twisting words to make it seem like something different happened but now you're just outright spitting out lies. >.>
Old 2017-11-12, 22:16   Link #144
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Sorry, just can't help it

But Cecilia has seen the passing of at least 3 generations, so at the very least she's already 150 year old.
Funny thing is the perception on skills already like that since long time ago.
I'd expected social constructs like that to be changing over time though. Like America's Black People.
Old 2017-11-12, 22:21   Link #145
sasuke706

^We rarely see any adults who aren't nobles care about skills.
Nobles care because...honor? Pride? Status basically.
Otherwise every time someone gets mocked it's a kid doing it, and kids can be pretty cruel.
It's mentioned that skills are often useless anyway, like ear infection resistance and crap. It's just "number" of skills is basically how people in that world try to show off.
Then you have Orpha who has quantity and quality, and it's mentioned people like her are who actually fight the wars and other soldiers amount to scarecrows.

Otherwise there are plenty other adults who don't give a damn.
The adventurer men don't care, the knight commander didn't care, the reporter didn't care. Well I don't actually know if the reporter knows or not.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 22:56   Link #146
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Status hmm... Oh yeah, so skills are hereditary or not?
I mean, if nobles care about it so much to the point of adopting new child, it should be hereditary.

I don't know man, the skills' importance kinda half-assed, not like it helps in doing jobs aside from military.

Well, you can say the same with skin color in earth, but that one has history. But Skills?
Old 2017-11-12, 23:18   Link #147
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Pretty sure it's said somewhere skills aren't hereditary.

As for the importance of skills, I think it's more like Iris Zero. Because everyone has skills, it becomes normal to have them, so not having them is considered special (in the bad meaning of the term).
Old 2017-11-12, 23:24   Link #148
sasuke706

It's probably a placebo effect thing, or wishful thinking if you will. Capable man marries capable woman, hopes for capable child.
A person can definitely become capable with more skills, whereas a person without skills will always do worse than a person with a skill when limited to certain subjects.
This leads to the mentality that less skills equals worse results, regardless of truth behind it. Superstition if you will, which is a very common thing.

Obviously not hereditary though. Rain and his 1 but very powerful skill. Pippi and her 1 attack boost skill.
And if Orpha's was hereditary, she wouldn't have been an orhpan. It never did say where Cecilia picked her up, did it? Doubt she was an abandoned kid like that.

People have had much worse reasons for segregation in the past, though.
Often the reason being no reason at all, too.

Skills really don't seem all that important, though. The only super amazing skill is Rain's and all. Every other individual skill is lackluster.
Of course skills like disease resistance and what not may mean for healthier childbirth and whatnot, and overall healthier spouses if they have them.

Commoners obviously don't care as much since they probably don't go around bragging about skills as much as nobles do.
Or more like, almost every skill is probably meaningless to nobles since they can't be expected to fight, so what else would they brag about?
Old 2017-11-12, 23:47   Link #149
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^But at least 150 years (definitely more) of skill history, and no research ever done to it and it stays a superstition? It's not like it's a freaking religion, there must be studies done on it. Even this brat Pippi knows so much in just few years researching crests.

So let's assume people knows it's not hereditary.
If that is so, shouldn't the nobles be the ones who want to abolish this system the most
Not hereditary but skills are the best. Nobles in essence are continuation of bloodlines. This is contradictory as fuck. As you said, most nobles don't fight except those military family like Kukkoro. Even more reason nobles should think that this perception of skill is harmful to them. Thus the logical conclusion should've been the nobles united and published the theory that skills are of no importance at all.

^^Aah, Iris Zero, truly supernatural eye powers yet society remains the same.
Old 2017-11-13, 00:23   Link #150
sasuke706

Noble bloodlines are contradictory to begin with. Skills or not doesn't change that.
Someone becomes a noble because they are capable and people rely on them. They can then use those resources to give their children better resources for education, but that doesn't mean they can't find someone more capable for their work a stone's throw away.
The difference is pretty much they're raised for their profession from childhood, which can but not always make a difference.
But when everyone's education is equal (even nobles attend public school in this work), noble bloodlines become pretty pointless. It's just as instincts are to pass on genes, a father would like if their child takes over their life's work.
So when you grow up riding on your parent's reputation, it's easy to become spoiled and fuss over trivial things like skill numbers because they have no real problems. And when you have a habit to fuss over for your childhood, it becomes harder to break as an adult.

So logical or illogical doesn't matter.
People are more likely to have an emotional reason for doing something than a logical one.
The emotional reason here being nobles want the best for their families and not for the society as a whole. Hence why it's a kingdom to begin with.
It's just eventually that got skewed down the line to caring far too much about reputation, like with Rain's father. So he didn't care so much about family as he does the family name.

Not that I think Rain would make a good noble; he's kind of very passive and not all that smart.
Like he has no reason to not tell Orpha about his ability. He trusts her probably more than anyone else, but doesn't simply because he doesn't like to talk about himself.
Every time he gets asked a question, his response is a basic yes response, or to stay silent. Because saying no is too assertive.
Old 2017-11-13, 02:02   Link #151
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Noble bloodlines are contradictory to begin with. Skills or not doesn't change that.
Someone becomes a noble because they are capable and people rely on them. They can then use those resources to give their children better resources for education, but that doesn't mean they can't find someone more capable for their work a stone's throw away.
The difference is pretty much they're raised for their profession from childhood, which can but not always make a difference.
But when everyone's education is equal (even nobles attend public school in this work), noble bloodlines become pretty pointless. It's just as instincts are to pass on genes, a father would like if their child takes over their life's work.
Firstly intellect is (at least partially) hereditary, thus I would say it isn't without meaning. And being raised for the job makes one hell of a difference.

Btw. the school Rain is going to is not much public, remember that everyone there except for Rain (but he has reasons) is a noble?

Quote:
So when you grow up riding on your parent's reputation, it's easy to become spoiled and fuss over trivial things like skill numbers because they have no real problems. And when you have a habit to fuss over for your childhood, it becomes harder to break as an adult.
It actually doesn't much matter. As long as you are not fighting to get a piece of bread every day you are gonna fuss over something that "is not important" anyway. Whether your parent has any reputation or not will change your view of the world at most (which can be good).

Quote:
So logical or illogical doesn't matter.
People are more likely to have an emotional reason for doing something than a logical one.
The emotional reason here being nobles want the best for their families and not for the society as a whole. Hence why it's a kingdom to begin with.
It's just eventually that got skewed down the line to caring far too much about reputation, like with Rain's father. So he didn't care so much about family as he does the family name.
While I do agree, this kind of thing should change pretty often considering it's not hereditary. While some extremes might appear, people usually want to see their family as "something special" or "exceptionally talented", but for a person with lots of skills it's hard to see it so, because they can clearly see all the other people in the family being as useless as a commoner and for a person with few skills it's hard to like this way of thinking, to begin with. If the skills were hereditary I would get it, but randomness clearly makes this kind of thinking really strange to hold.

Quote:
Not that I think Rain would make a good noble; he's kind of very passive and not all that smart.
Like he has no reason to not tell Orpha about his ability. He trusts her probably more than anyone else, but doesn't simply because he doesn't like to talk about himself.
Every time he gets asked a question, his response is a basic yes response, or to stay silent. Because saying no is too assertive.
Absolutely agree, Rain did not tell Orpha just because Cecilia said him to not to do so (which is stupid considering he trusts Orpha more than Cecilia). Then again, that's why he would receive specialized education as a noble to make him fit into the role.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-13, 02:25   Link #152
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yei! Give it to him, Rasty!
Old 2017-11-13, 02:40   Link #153
sasuke706

^^Oh right, not a noble school. So wouldn't this class segregation just increase social divides?

Besides, this isn't the first bizarre social concept they have.
As mentioned before, boys are religiously not allowed to sleep under the same roof as a female who isn't their spouse once they hit the amazing age of 3.
The way she worded it wasn't even room, either. It encourages them to simply live separately.
The funny part is real religious history has fun stuff like that too. Like preventing bathing to prevent disease spread due to people constantly having sex in public baths.

I agree that condemning someone over number of skills is pointless, but it's what happens in story so there has to be some reason for it.
Especially for nobles where the only time it probably matters is skills relating to their personal health.

Before the latest chapter I would've said that Rain's father was probably an exception, but going by how many girls got abandoned at the monastery, it's stupidly common.
Rather the king not abandoning Pippi and treating her normally makes him look somewhat upright even.

^Tiger, fight your own battles.
Old 2017-11-13, 11:06   Link #154
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Kotowaru!

Need more descriptions on skills application aside from combat.

Also, regarding Cecilia's immortality, she was known by many people as Holy Maiden back then and surely they know she's immortal too. But funny thing was there wasn't much fuss about it? Meaning such skill is not rare?

Aah, this officially bring the skill system into supernatural realm. If skills are THAT powerful, then it's normal to bully Incompetents, I guess?
Old 2017-11-13, 11:16   Link #155
Rasty

^^ I would say nobles have no reason to mitigate social divide that is advantageous to them, and they are the ones with most authority and ones who care (I just remembered that the board of that school were commoners, but not like they seemed to care much). I don't remember much whether there are allowed commoners in that school, but I certainly don't remember any mentioned.

The "under age of 3" is actually inspired by Japanese saying (though you likely know this) and Cecilia interpreting that as different floors is likely half due to them not being relatives and half to her past (turns out she spent hundreds of years in a monastery so one would expect a bit over the top religious behavior).
As for the bathing, I actually heard somewhere, that it was because of low water quality and some epidemies that were caused because of bathing, but I'm not an expert about this.

Actually don't nobles have the duty to fight if there is a war? I think that it was mentioned several times in the story, so some skills for fighting can come handy. But it truly is strange that number of skills is considered much more important than other clearly hereditary things like looks, intellect and wealth. Especially considering that the skills don't have any highly religious meaning that would mean that the people without skills are either bad or hated by god.

Pippi has one (rather useless) skill which makes her a failure but not really on the same level as 0 skills.

^ It never left the "rumor" realm. She mostly stayed in the monastery, so even if they saw her a few times, they likely thought she just has some skill that makes her look eternally young. And this is certainly a skill to envy her for, but before Rain there was no way to transfer/copy them, and this skills is hard to exploit by others, so I guess no reason to make a fuss by the powerful guys.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-13, 18:22   Link #156
Rinvelt
駄目人間

New chapter.

Cecilia became no good. She totally loses it when Rain's here.

Also the directors are really stupid to not even monitor what happens in the school... I mean, come on, just asking someone would tell you that Rain is the most popular guy in the world school.

And finally another skill will be useful.
Old 2017-11-13, 20:19   Link #157
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The Board of Directors are a bunch of retards...

Also, that drunkenness will be used for ecchi, calling it now
Old 2017-11-13, 23:28   Link #158
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ Nope, Rain has poison resist from that fairy, so it won't affect him.
Old 2017-11-14, 00:02   Link #159
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Goddamn!
But that drug has 2 properties, right?
To cloud decision but has side effect weaken the body for half a day
I think it'll only nullify the latter
Old 2017-11-14, 10:20   Link #160
Valky
Radioactive

Err, what? .. For people in the position of supposedly receiving a lot of reports, they clearly don't get enough of it.

It might make sense if it's one or two of them, but all of them is kinda weird. If anything, it seems forced.

Tags
cute boy mc, dorodoro, hardworking protagonist, heroines never age, mob heroines, shuraba, super harem