Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
"Release Date: May 26, 2017"
So its already out then? I hope we get scans soon :3
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 11:08   Link #1822
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I did some brief reading on the profiles of the book (Mecha Scan has part 1 uploaded on their Facebook) and it seemed like most of it are just comments on the design and concepts as opposed to information about the mechs themselves. Maybe I'll find something there later but not yet.

Well since I already translated it I might as well post it:
- Dantallion was a design where they had a competition for (which is fairly normal). After choosing the winning design, they then modified it so it will look like it belongs with the rest of the IBO world, which is things like making the Gundam Frame fit, etc.

It was originally meant to be a heavy arms Gundam but Shinohara requested he draw it as a "gorimacho" Gundam instead, which would be a slender body with only the minimal required armor, and them strengthening them with additional arms by wearing them like exeskeletons, making it both a heavy armament and a heavy Gundam. It is now an image that will change to various styles by changing the exterior.

- Mobile Armor Hashmal was also a competition design. They were just three rules: 1) It would not be humanoid, 2) It would be larger than mobile suits and 3) It would have a mounted beam weapon. Washio (also designer of Barbatos and Bael) was placed in charge after the consultation period. He also submitted a few drafts of his own.

He was asked whether it looked like a bird and Washio said that wasn't an motive. He goes on to say that no matter what the design is, it would always closely resemble something. After the design was decided, he went on and finished it as he didn't mind so much (the work I presume).

- They were considering two Ahab Reactor designs, which was either a wheel or a spindle (Don't recall any spindles Reactors in the show so they went with the former I guess). The Ahab Particles would be channeled to the joins and limbs through pipes.

Initially, they were also considering making the Ahab Particles glow (like in Gundam 00 I guess - as a fan of glittering light particles I'm disappointed :/)

==========

I have an exam in less than eight hours that I've done zero studying for - and sleeping - so I better start not reading this book for now.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-06-15 at 11:29.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 07:17   Link #1823
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Looks like there's some new info anyways from the book.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.p...art=60#p388069

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Found some images of the recently released Mechanic Works book on the Gundam Wiki (uploaded by the contributor, Jesualdo). Interesting lineart and info in each image is noted below their link.

Barbatos (1)

Details of the Barbatos’ smoothbore cannon’s magazine and ammo. Oddly, the co-axial machine gun of the smoothbore cannon is noted here as having a caliber of 30mm instead of 60mm as per previous sources.

Barbatos (2)

The barrel of the 170mm autocannon extends when in use (I previously wrong noted that the weapon slide forward when in use), and the weapon uses a helical magazine. Details of the arm mortar reloading sequence: Once the first round is launched, the second round slides up. The mortar launcher then flips back and the second round is loaded.

The Schwalbe Graze’s hip boosters are described here as high mobility boosters, rather than flight unit as noted in the Mechanics &World book.

The hip boosters of the Barbatos 6th form is noted here as ‘Tail Booster’.

Barbatos Lupus (1)

The suit is explicitly noted as being for close combat to suit Mikazuki's usage. Details of the backpack’s Sub Arms, the 200mm cannon and the rocket launcher. The 200mm cannon and rocket launcher confirmed to use the same rail slide as their base.

Barbatos Lupus (2)

Twin maces are easier to wield than the usual mace. The Sword Mace’s shape and weight is reviewed to ensure they do not hamper the suit’s mobility (previous sources only noted the shape). Although shaped like a sword, it is a striking weapon rather than a slicing one.

When the Barbatos was overhauled into the Lupus, changes were also made to its frame. A major point was to lengthen the arms’ frame to better fit Mikazuki’s senses. Changes to the leg frame helps it to adapt seamlessly to ground combat.

Barbatos Lupus Rex

Detail of the Ultra Large Mace’s two pilebunkers. The Ultra Large Mace was created to fit Mikazuki’s combat style. The tip of the tail blade is made from rare metal. Lupus Rex’s cockpit hatch was changed to a front opening style from its predecessors' top opening design to accommodate Mikazuki’s disabilities.

The unused revised design with Reginlaze’s left shoulder armor and barbatos 1st form’s left forearm is originally meant to be the suit’s final battle form.

Gusion Rebake

The cockpit’s surrounding structure is the similar/same as that of the Barbatos.

Gusion Rebake Full City

The Sub Arms are equipped with small shield at the back, and they can be used as Knuckle Guard (If I recall correctly, they are used that way during the fight with Galan Mossa). The small shield also cover the sub-arm when they are stored.

Details of the main arm’s knuckle guard and rocket gun. The knuckle guards are connected to the wrists via the ring part (the blue highlight). When in use, the knuckle guards rotate and attaches onto the back of the hand. To use the rocket gun, the knuckle guard must be fitted onto the back of the hand. The barrel of the gun extends when in use. Gas are vented from the back of the gun when firing the rocket.

Gusion

Gundam Gusion noted to have high output thrusters to cover for its increased weight caused by the super heavy armor.

The Gusion Chopper has a slot in between the two rear thrusters for mounting on the Gusion’s rear skirt weapon rack.

Kimaris

The outer cockpit hatch assembly is the same as the Barbatos, but the inner hatch and seat share parts with the Graze.

Kimaris Trooper

Kimaris Saber described as being used for extreme range close combat.

The profile claims the suit is lightened (or did I read it wrongly?). Question is it is lightened in comparison to what? Its weight spec is consistently listed as being higher than the kimaris.

It is worth noting that in this profile, the Kimaris Trooper’s chest-mounted equipment is still listed as multi-slot accelerator and has similar description as the 1/100 kit, ie, still unknown what it really does. The image of this equipment in an earlier post describing it as an Ahab Wave amplifying, brain destroying weapon is from the draft/concept pages of the book . So perhaps that function is an early concept that was dropped? Unrelated note, I do prefer the draft Kimaris Trooper’s feet better than the final version.

Vidar (1)

The explosive inside the blade of the burst saber is listed as Napalm. Apparently, after the blade is detached, parts of the blade’s rear end pop out and a lamp is lighted to indicate its status as an explosive.

The Hunter’s Edge is once again noted as being incapable of slicing, but there is a further explanation that it is classified as a blunt weapon-like armament (This makes more sense I think…). The Hunter’s Edge shows its true value when deployed in combination with foot techniques.

Vidar (2)

Caliber for the rifle, and the handgun is noted to be a compact, easy to wield weapon. Concentrated fire when dual wielding the handguns help to compensate/supplement (?) the suit’s firepower.

Kimaris Vidar (1)

The shields contains built-in thrusters. During high-speed movements, the shields are positioned at the back, concentrating their (thrust) output. Each shield also stores 4 Special KEP bullet, for a total of 8. Each bullet is 8.5m long.

When using the Dainsleif, the shield extends and attaches to the Drill lance, loading the latter with the bullet. The bullet is launched using the power from the shield-mounted power unit. The slits in the exposed portion of the shield lights up during the firing as it is the electrical discharge unit of the power unit.

Kimaris Vidar (2)

The caliber of the two cannons (not the Dainsleifs) in the Drill Lance is listed as 200mm. The holes behind the two 200mm cannons are thrusters, which enhanced the power of the lance’s thrust.

The Kimaris Vidar combat style is to use its lance in high speed, hit and run attack, but when it is caught in a close combat situation, it would switch to the Sword and Drill Knees.

The Drill Knee’s pile bunker is made of the same material as the Gundam Frame. The two ports on the sides of the knee are for venting the gas when the Drill Knee is used. Most mobile suits have their cockpit in the front of the chest due to their Ahab reactor being located in the suit’s central portion. The Drill Knee is designed specifically for pinpoint penetration of the cockpit while kneeling the enemy (or something like that).

Flauros (1)

The Assault Knives’ short size made them suitable for use in extreme close range. The weapon is more focused on speed rather than power. Can be dual wielded. The knives and 120mm machine guns have a round block that pops out for mounting on the suit.

The Shelling Mode displays its true value in ground combat, with the claw on the forearm-mounted shield helping to anchor/fix the machine to the ground.

Flauros (2)

Flauros’ cockpit has two hatches, one on the top, one on the front. The top hatch is used during Shelling Mode, matching the rotated orientation of the cockpit. When discovered, the suit has no cockpit. Thus, it is fitted with a cockpit from Teiwaz’s MS series.

The normal warhead (for the railguns?) consisted of three parts. After hitting the target, sub thrusters surrounding the warhead’s main nozzle are activated.

The Dainsleif is manufactured via (further?) processing the rare materials that Teiwaz used in their mobile suit.

As the railguns are in an inoperable state when the Gundam was discovered, replacements are produced during the restoration process.

Confirmation of Shino’s MW as the first generation Ryusei-Go.
Old 2017-08-09, 04:34   Link #1824
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so is there any official explanation on why the Mobile Weapons in this universe lacked seat belts or any type of seat harness for the pilots? do they just like hang on (for dear life) to the control grips & foot pedals to keep them from being tossed around in an impact?

i know riding a horse or a motorcycle does not require you to wear a harness but not sure it's the same when riding a giant robot.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 13:40   Link #1825
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They're taking advantage of a special effect produced by being in such close proximity to the mobile suit's Ahab Reactor. Also, since they're designed to be used with the Alaya-Vijnana System that plugs into your back, you've got something holding onto you regardless, in theory.
Old 2017-08-10, 03:45   Link #1826
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
so is there any official explanation on why the Mobile Weapons in this universe lacked seat belts or any type of seat harness for the pilots? do they just like hang on (for dear life) to the control grips & foot pedals to keep them from being tossed around in an impact?

i know riding a horse or a motorcycle does not require you to wear a harness but not sure it's the same when riding a giant robot.
It hasn't been directly stated as far as I know but probabaly the same or similar as in 00.

In 00, it is noted in some of the books that there is some special technology in the seats that applies a force that prevents the the human pilot from moving. This force is applied whenever there is huge shock that pushes the pilots around and works regardless of what they wear. It allows them to easily get up or down on a calm situation but straps them in when there is a powerful motion.

As far as I know it's not GN technology either but more of an advanced normal seat technology.

It's like seat belts in way, they're loose when you wear them most of the time but apply a strong jerking force and they tighten and strap you.

This is then further enchannced with a plug system at the back of their pilot suits if they are wearing them.

I haven't seen it addressed in translated IBO sourcebooks yet, but it should be noted that behavior is also seen in the Vagan mobile suits from the AGE series. They don't wear seatbelts despite their EF counterparts using them.

So it's becoming a thing in Gundam and not just in IBO.
Old 2017-09-24, 16:19   Link #1827
Skye629

Old 2017-09-24, 22:19   Link #1828
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Not liking Yuhana's colors though loving the rifle.

I recalled translating another profile that notes that Gremory uses the Nanolaminate Coat, which gives it an absolute defense. The other sickle blade was lost during the Calamity War. I think the profile here seems to say something similar.
Old 2017-09-24, 22:20   Link #1829
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Gremory's broken axe really adds to the Forbidden Gundam look it has going on.
Old 2017-09-25, 06:51   Link #1830
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Gremory's broken axe really adds to the Forbidden Gundam look it has going on.
Well, they certainly went out of their way to make Gremory looks like a grim reaper of sorts. The actual demon itself is not much of a grim reaper and more like the ultimate trap (aka. male with the form of a beautiful woman) not unlike these depictions of Gremory :
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anyway, I’m a bit baffled by Gremory’s scythe-axe-thingy. It doesn’t have the large or solid built as a blunt weapon and the too-curvy-inward tip of the blade doesn’t seem to make it a good cutting weapon either (unlike Forbidden & Deathscythe’s scythes). So, how do they actually use it? Just nonchalantly swinging it to enemy MSs like a battle axe? Use it as a hook? Does it have an added gimmick like pilebunker or something?
Old 2017-09-25, 07:24   Link #1831
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, they certainly went out of their way to make Gremory looks like a grim reaper of sorts. The actual demon itself is not much of a grim reaper and more like the ultimate trap (aka. male with the form of a beautiful woman) not unlike these depictions of Gremory :
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Damn, I should have know..

If Yuki Kaji is will voicing Gremory's pilot then I'll be damned..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 10:10   Link #1832
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

So apparently it's not officially a scyth or an axe - it's an anchor. It's officially named Battle Anchor.

Main profile might be a little rough, the sides are blurry.

Quote:
ASW-G-56 Gundam Gremory

Main Profile
The upper body is covered with an armor with that is called Nanolaminate Coat that is stronger than the Nanolaminate Armor. It boasts the highest class defense among a number of MS.

Huge anchor shaped weapon, equipped with battle anchor. It became a single-edged by battle of the Calamity War. It is as if the shape of a scythe of the dead god is like it, because of that, together with the appearance of gremory covered with a hood. Many times it is like death depending on the perspective.

Head
▲ Other Gundam Frames like twin eyes and MS antenna, because it is covered with hood of Nanolaminate Coat, it is extremely rare for it to show its appearance.

Battle Anchor
Two ton exclusive weapon for Gremory in a shape reminiscent of an anchor. It can be said to be armed only by Gremory which is able to approach enemy machines by absolute defense due to the Nanolaminate Coat.

It was said that the blade on one side was lost at the time of Calamity War and its specialty has not been restored during the present day.
The black armor on the upper torso appears to be the Nanolaminate Coat.
Old 2017-09-25, 11:39   Link #1833
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so Gundam Gremory is essentially wearing a hoodie to hide its face?
Vual at least doesn't steal Astaroth's clothes this time, dude now can afford his own pair of pants,

not sure what the Oltlinde's design was meant to evoke though.
Old 2017-09-25, 13:02   Link #1834
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's a bit of a 00 Qan[T] vibe to the Oltlinde. Either way nice to see another Valkyrie Frame MS.
Old 2017-09-25, 13:42   Link #1835
Tenzen12

So Gremory is only of new Gundam with established pilot? Where is it from?
Old 2017-09-25, 16:57   Link #1836
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So Gremory is only of new Gundam with established pilot? Where is it from?
All 3 are from/going to be in the side manga, is that what you're asking?

Or are you asking affiliation in story? Don't think we know that yet
Old 2017-09-26, 00:22   Link #1837
Chibiloli

Any translations of Vual Yuhana? I’m curious as to what ever happened to those human debris siblings.
Old 2017-09-26, 01:38   Link #1838
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Gremory is owned by the Catella family. It's in the first line of the main profile but I forgot to add it in.

As for Vual's previous pilots, all it says here is that it was left abandoned, so not sure what that means for the former pilots. The Yuhana is prepared by Jean Marco to support Arji. This is my shot at it.

Quote:
ASW-G-46 Gundam Vual Yuhana

Machine Description
Jean Marco prepared for the support of Arjji's with another Gundam Frame. Remove the exterior of Astaroth Origin and placed on the frame of Vual who was left unattended, It included a sambo order that was tailored for it. In addition to halberd which combined the sword and chopper, Equipped with a 210 mm anti-material rifle with chainsaw that's in common with Asteroth.
The 210mm rifle has its own section, about how it was used by Asteroth when it was owned by the Warren family. Yuhana's backpack was modded so it would be more balanced and has a section for the folding chainsaw. Bars and swords are remodeled to fit Vual Yuhana's arms.

My Japanese dictionary says sanbo is some type of self defense wrestling (Sambo in Russian). The word "order" there is written in katakana but I'm not sure what it means but sounds like a clothing. I don't even read the main story so for all I know it's somebody's name.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-09-26 at 01:54.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 04:34   Link #1839
Chibiloli

Sanpo is the name of Yuhana’s brother, they are a sibling pair of Human Debris, I don’t know what their up to but judging from your translation, they now work with Argi, and I think the order has something with naming Vual after Yuhana without her permission.
Old 2017-10-31, 06:48   Link #1840
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

hmmmmm...... i just realized the Mobile Workers of this universe resembled the real life Tankette,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tankette

thus are probably more easy to make one in reality, unlike say The Origin's Zeon Mobile Workers which are just crude predecessors of Mobile Suits.