Notices

Old 2013-08-28, 06:06   Link #30641
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Hand carry bazooka success
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That looks real busy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsbeanz View Post
So wiring all the LEDs was frustrating, gotta say this kit was really challenging. The binders are really heavy each one weights as much as the upper body!

I'm gonna need to prop them up as there's no way the body can support all four without breaking.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
@jimsbeanz, your Kshatriya work-in-progress look glorious, especially with the LED's on . Looking at the kit directly must feels awesome.
Old 2013-08-28, 07:09   Link #30642
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That looks real busy .

gonna be overkill once i add in the beam rifle

but then grand slam?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 09:41   Link #30643
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
BTW anyone out there good at weathering? Is a black real touch marker enough? Any tips/things I should consider

Gonna weather that HGUC EZ8, so far been taking out nubs with bad cuts (from a hobby knife) on purpose to give the armor a "dented/worn" look
One of my basic items that I use for weathering are some cheap artist oil paints thinned with good old lighter fluid to be used for a wash(enamel paint is another alternative). Other options are to use weathering sets, like ones offered by tamiya; pastels(black, grey,brown, and white are what I usually use); regular and colored pencils(silver, brown, black and white are what I usually use); or if you want the cheapest weathering material of all, regular dirt from your garden/potted plants.

I usually use 2 basic techniques in weathering, Washing and Dusting. In washing, I just simply apply paint(thinned to about 1:3 paint to thinner ratio) to the surfaces that will be weathered, let the paint dry then rub those surfaces with a cotton swab(preferably, I'd use a microbrush). Add VERY little thinner if it doesn't want to come off and just be careful when erasing.

As for dusting, you just simply take the brush provided by weathering sets or brushes used in make-up and lightly dust the compounds, powders or pulverized dirt onto the target surface. If you want some build-up, dust some more.

As stated earlier, you can find a lot of weathering techniques(or other modeling techniques you'd need/want to know) from modeling magazines like Fine Scale Modeler. It pays to know how to build scale military models because I learned a lot from them. From seam removal, to pre-shading, to filters.
Old 2013-08-28, 10:32   Link #30644
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
One of my basic items that I use for weathering are some cheap artist oil paints thinned with good old lighter fluid to be used for a wash(enamel paint is another alternative). Other options are to use weathering sets, like ones offered by tamiya; pastels(black, grey,brown, and white are what I usually use); regular and colored pencils(silver, brown, black and white are what I usually use); or if you want the cheapest weathering material of all, regular dirt from your garden/potted plants.

I usually use 2 basic techniques in weathering, Washing and Dusting. In washing, I just simply apply paint(thinned to about 1:3 paint to thinner ratio) to the surfaces that will be weathered, let the paint dry then rub those surfaces with a cotton swab(preferably, I'd use a microbrush). Add VERY little thinner if it doesn't want to come off and just be careful when erasing.

As for dusting, you just simply take the brush provided by weathering sets or brushes used in make-up and lightly dust the compounds, powders or pulverized dirt onto the target surface. If you want some build-up, dust some more.

As stated earlier, you can find a lot of weathering techniques(or other modeling techniques you'd need/want to know) from modeling magazines like Fine Scale Modeler. It pays to know how to build scale military models because I learned a lot from them. From seam removal, to pre-shading, to filters.
DO NOT USE WASHES ON ACRYLIC. Just to get that out there for anyone. Don't use panel line washes either. You can't put hash chemicals onto acrylic paints. You have to be careful of plastics even...

That being said, it is a good choice. You will get good results with practice. Dry brushing works too.(google it) You can do dry brushing, with acrylic paints!

Oh yeah, for all of you looking at the metal build destiny. For that kind of money, I could make two MGs look like that. Coloured even... 170 dollars is way too much imo. If you want that though, go ahead. Nothing against having what you want. I just think it's too expensive for the looks.

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-08-28 at 14:30.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 14:44   Link #30645
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
If it's weathering your after then I suggest taking a look at weathering effects/tecs that are used on stuff like airplane kits and so on, the stuff that requires glue to be put together, they generally have the best know how on that stuff.
I always take a peek at hobby mags when I'm out and about and you can always find some stuff in them, I'm sure the webz will offer up good tuts.
There was one effect in particular that caught my attention was using salt.
Fairly easy to do but also easy enough to mess up if your careless but with anything in this hobby practice makes perfect
Salt?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
No. There is no Real Touch version of these.
Dang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
DO NOT USE WASHES ON ACRYLIC. Just to get that out there for anyone. Don't use panel line washes either. You can't put hash chemicals onto acrylic paints. You have to be careful of plastics even...

That being said, it is a good choice. You will get good results with practice. Dry brushing works too.(google it) You can do dry brushing, with acrylic paints!

Oh yeah, for all of you looking at the metal build destiny. For that kind of money, I could make two MGs look like that. Coloured even... 170 dollars is way too much imo. If you want that though, go ahead. Nothing against having what you want. I just think it's too expensive for the looks.
Ah thanks for the tips! Ill go onto youtube and look up some tutorials (prefer seeing it being done rather than reading on it with static pictures)

As for the metal build....well it is a collectible, so people are mainly paying its high cost due to collectibility and bragging rights :P (like most collectibles)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 15:11   Link #30646
jimsbeanz

Pretty much done still some panel lines and metal decal left to add. The instuction manual missed some parts in the pelvis area, didn't mentioned thats parts should be swapped out,i only noticed due to the different images from one step to another....

@RobotCat : i just use a black caligraphy brush then wipe off the excess, i painted the shoulder a lighter green and the dark green parts into a camo green.

jimsbeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 16:23   Link #30647
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Salt?????
Yep salt

I was as surprised about hearing salt used for weathering as you are but it does get results when done properly.

The many uses of salt!
Old 2013-08-28, 18:10   Link #30648
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
It can stand with all the loads on it!
Now which stand shld I use
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 18:38   Link #30649
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Yep salt

I was as surprised about hearing salt used for weathering as you are but it does get results when done properly.

The many uses of salt!
Yep. You'd be surprised what can be used. I'm not huge on weathering personally, but I do appreciate someone's attention to detail.

A lot of good tips come from odd ideas. Just gotta be cleaver and resourceful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsbeanz View Post
Pretty much done still some panel lines and metal decal left to add. The instuction manual missed some parts in the pelvis area, didn't mentioned thats parts should be swapped out,i only noticed due to the different images from one step to another....

@RobotCat : i just use a black caligraphy brush then wipe off the excess, i painted the shoulder a lighter green and the dark green parts into a camo green.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...43452343_n.jpg
Man this thing is a beast!! Keep it up!
Old 2013-08-29, 03:19   Link #30650
n0m@n
C-Z

Seeing these guys getting a model kit would be a dream.

Old 2013-08-29, 06:40   Link #30651
ingram1106

These are really awful design though.
I dont want these shit.
Old 2013-08-29, 06:56   Link #30652
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

A cowboy Gundam Maxter? Give me that shit right now! Do it, Bandai!

@jimsbeanz: *staring at the massive Kshatriya*
Old 2013-08-29, 07:49   Link #30653
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:

@jimsbeanz: *staring at the massive Kshatriya*
Well considering that G Gundam hasn't gotten anything new aside from the newer HG 1/144 HGs, no Damashii, no Metal Build, no HD Remaster, etc. ... I think G Gundam is in a similar situation as Gundam X in regards to new MGs.
Old 2013-08-29, 08:17   Link #30654
Providenceangle

Quote:

Send me some monies and I'll make this for you lol.
Old 2013-08-29, 10:01   Link #30655
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Send me some monies and I'll make this for you lol.
I’m afraid the cost needed in order for you to make it (plus shipping) will be a lot higher than if Bandai just release the HG of it. So, thanks, but no deal .
Old 2013-08-29, 10:02   Link #30656
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
I’m afraid the cost in order for you to make it will be a lot higher than if Bandai just release the HG of it. So, thanks, but no deal .
The problem here is that Bandai hasn't even done HG 1/144 kits of the other Shuffle Alliance suits.

So before you go into wishing for these manga only suits, let's see if Bandai will even do the other Shuffle Alliance suits. At this point, it's more likely that Bandai will do an HG 1/144 of the Devil Gundam.
Old 2013-08-29, 10:16   Link #30657
Providenceangle

Quote:
I’m afraid the cost needed in order for you to make it (plus shipping) will be a lot higher than if Bandai just release the HG of it. So, thanks, but no deal .
I'd take a big hit on the cost... Plus free labour.. Ah well. Your loss.
Old 2013-08-29, 10:36   Link #30658
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
The problem here is that Bandai hasn't even done HG 1/144 kits of the other Shuffle Alliance suits.

So before you go into wishing for these manga only suits, let's see if Bandai will even do the other Shuffle Alliance suits. At this point, it's more likely that Bandai will do an HG 1/144 of the Devil Gundam.
Don’t tell me the unlikeliness of Cowboy Maxter kit. I’m fully aware of it. Also, it seems that you didn’t notice my post being a little sarcastic about that Cowboy Maxter. Unlike you, I don’t take impossible wishlist seriously and shove down people’s throats by spamming it here. Instead, I make fun of it so that others can enjoy the joke (like what Providenceangle did with his reply).

If Bandai do make it, then wow, what a nice surprise. If they don't, well, that's absolutely fine.

Quote:
I'd take a big hit on the cost... Plus free labour.. Ah well. Your loss.
The customs here still sucks though. I hate dealing with them .
Old 2013-08-29, 10:37   Link #30659
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Customs always suck ass. That's why I don't buy from like HLJ.
Old 2013-08-29, 11:13   Link #30660
Providenceangle

Quote:
Don’t tell me the unlikeliness of Cowboy Maxter kit. I’m fully aware of it. Also, it seems that you didn’t notice my post being a little sarcastic about that Cowboy Maxter. Unlike you, I don’t take impossible wishlist seriously and shove down people’s throats by spamming it here. Instead, I make fun of it so that others can enjoy the joke (like what Providenceangle did with his reply).

If Bandai do make it, then wow, what a nice surprise. If they don't, well, that's absolutely fine.

The customs here still sucks though. I hate dealing with them .
What if it was sent as a gift? Would they still give you a hard time?

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy