Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-02-27, 19:00   Link #101
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
He also seemed genuine surprised when she interpreted his attitude as him wanting abandon her.
Maybe because Yifa had not given the slightest impression she was remotely interested in the harem? Up to that point the prince's advances mostly made her uncomfortable. Seika just assumed she was interested because in his mind its a good landing spot, even though there's no real evidence that the prince's harem is actually a good situation for her.
Quote:
He also seems to genuinely think Yifa may want go.
If you're acting on assumptions that are wrong there's a pretty good chance you're going to hurt somebody. I still think he's more concerned with his own self satisfaction than Yifa's interests though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-27, 19:18   Link #102
Tenzen12

Yes, that's why you don't assume what people think, but ask. Which what that quote means.

Anyway dunno if he cares about his own self-satisfaction, (I don't think there was anything that would particularly imply that) but if he get it by making sure Yifa have bright future that's just win-win.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2023-02-27 at 19:36.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-27, 22:38   Link #103
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Did you miss the scene early on where he publicly demanded she withdraw so he could spend time with Amu? He may treat her better than his brother but he still very much treats her like a slave. Giving her an "option" is for his own self satisfaction and literally everyone close to him tried to stop him, but he didn't because he has zero fucking empathy.
I saw it, and it's justified. Even if she's not a slave, she's still a servant, and as the employer (or at least the representative / actual user) he can give a work-related order. Even if we say that schooltime is not within her working hours, while usually an employer should not bother his employee when off-duty, an employer still has a legitimate interest in making sure his employee is still available for her next shift, and he can certainly say something if the employee is about to do something that's likely to render herself unavailable (b/c of getting killed).

As for the whole option thing, there's no real win here. Ultimately, Seika chose to respect her right to choose. Restricting people's freedom of choice because you think you know what they want is still not respecting her right to choose. Ilfa would simply have to put a bone in her body, and promulgate what she wants.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-27, 22:58   Link #104
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Ilfa would simply have to put a bone in her body, and promulgate what she wants.
Another person who doesn't seem to understand how slavery works, either IRL or in the average isekai. I guess maybe this is a variation to the 'slaveholder with a heart of gold' trope where the slaves aren't actually free (nor will they ever be) but the slaveholder is just so wholesome and good that its implied if they just asked to be set free he would totally set them free. I'm still 99% sure that Yifa is going to be screaming about how she'd rather die with master than ever be set free, though.
Quote:
Anyway dunno if he cares about his own self-satisfaction, (I don't think there was anything that would particularly imply that) but if he get it by making sure Yifa have bright future that's just win-win.
For lack of a better example he's like a parent who wants their daughter to marry a doctor just because he's a doctor or lawyer just because he's a lawyer. Its just very... shallow I guess.
Old 2023-02-28, 04:29   Link #105
Tenzen12

You just assume he wants that though. You still have impression he was somehow pushing her into doing so. Maybe he does wants it, but if that's the case he didn't act accordingly.
Old 2023-02-28, 05:54   Link #106
magnuskn

He absolutely is pushing her towards it, if only due to the pressure of the master-slave relationship they have.
Old 2023-02-28, 09:01   Link #107
Tenzen12

He explicitly said: "Don't care about me, just tell me your true feelings on this matter"

That's complete opossite of pushing someone toward anything. He even admitted he would miss her. If he wanted for her to go, all he need is say word and she would do whatever he wants.
Old 2023-02-28, 09:14   Link #108
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
That's complete opossite of pushing someone toward anything. He even admitted he would miss her. If he wanted for her to go, all he need is say word and she would do whatever he wants.
Did you not rewatch the entire conversation when you saw the episode again? Yifa goes from complete disinterest to agreeing to consider it because Seika said its "an honor". Seika isn't approaching this as something she might be interested in, he's approaching this as if its something she should be interested in. It may not be entirely conscious but he is pushing her into it.
Old 2023-02-28, 11:35   Link #109
Tenzen12

Yes, I watched that episode. Twice. And nowhere he said or imply she should be interested. Closest to expressing his own opinion on it was saying he would miss her if she goes.
Old 2023-02-28, 12:49   Link #110
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Yes, I watched that episode. Twice. And nowhere he said or imply she should be interested.
Maybe not if you cherry pick lines without regard for context.
Quote:
Closest to expressing his own opinion on it was saying he would miss her if she goes.
He said that immediately after saying the prince's offer was something she should give proper consideration because its "an honor" and while she's already on the defensive because she can't understand why he's bringing this up in the first place. In his mind he's looking out for her but the way the entire discussion plays out is is him forcing his values onto her.

You seem really intent on believing everything the MC thinks even though he's proven to be unreliable with Amyu, Mabel, and the ferret second guessing him.
Old 2023-02-28, 19:14   Link #111
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Closing the thread for a couple of days so that people can calm down from all the useless arguing. If for whatever reason you want to continue it (the useless argument), use PM/VM or create a social group.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 12:06   Link #112
magnuskn

So, yeah, wow. That has to be the series where I liked the MC the least out of all the series I've seen. 2/10, hopefully not sequel material. Screw that guy.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2023-03-26 at 15:28. Reason: Added a "the"
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 12:59   Link #113
grecefar

like I said in another forum, I undestand now why he was killed in his previous life and it will end the same here.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 14:07   Link #114
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
like I said in another forum, I undestand now why he was killed in his previous life and it will end the same here.
So the Heian era poloitics is similar to isekai's Byzantine style politics. Since he is identified as maou, his future seems doomed. However, the identified yuusha has no grudge against him. Maybe the empire will make it happen.

After he wiped out all demon assassin, the empire found the corpse of the escapin demon. The empire has the tendency to escalate the war. The identified yuusha becomes their first target.

The magic academy students are enjoying their once awhile buffet at the ballroom. Then, the empire's soldiers rush in to arrest yuusha, for crime of killing a "peaceful demon diplomat". Students are surprised, since they were attacked by demon not too long ago. Now, they have an unexpected visitor, although the so called visitor is dead already.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 19:24   Link #115
arkhangelsk

The protagonist's biggest weakness - people he cannot just snuff.

It's hard to not feel pity for that team of demon assassins, though of course the story makes it clear that they are here to kill the still-growing hero.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 21:53   Link #116
Strahan

Yea, they humanized the demons in last ep and this one, then Seika squashed them like insects lol. I felt bad for the jagan girl, she was cute. Always sucks when the world loses a hottie, heh. The power fantasy enthusiast in me loved the absolute ownage of the invaders. I haven't exactly warmed up to Seika as a protag, but as a power fantasy MC he played his role well last ep.

Now if only he had given that asinine prince a similar treatment
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-27, 15:55   Link #117
Tenzen12

It felt very hero-party-ish. Shame that "demon general" was too powerful. Even those innocent humans they killed on the way remind me all these imps and goblins that get "heroically" slaughtered for xp on the way to demon castle.
Old 2023-03-28, 01:00   Link #118
scififan

Quote:
It felt very hero-party-ish. Shame that "demon general" was too powerful. Even those innocent humans they killed on the way remind me all these imps and goblins that get "heroically" slaughtered for xp on the way to demon castle.
Those innocent humans do not seem innocent. In the previous episode, the princess said her future vision told her that there is a second assassin group sent by nobles, but they did not make it. During her speech, the camera view moved to those innocent humans laying on the ground.

Those demon party are elite fighting force. One of them is the candidate of his tribal chief. They eat human flesh on their way to the magic academy. It does not sound heroic for human. There are manga showing human adventurers eating monsters on their journey. It is partly comedy, and it is not funny for monsters. The human party eat monsters when they run out of food reserve, but later develop appetite for the different flavors. It cannot be the same for those demon party, because it sounds sick.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-28, 01:14   Link #119
Lex79

I liked the contrast of how at the start of the episode Seika seemed to have become softer and then he mercilessy the demons, who even called him the demon lord. I'm curious to see what direction his development is going to follow, I can see multiple possible paths ahead of him.
Old 2023-03-28, 03:25   Link #120
larethian

What was most unexpected was Gly grew a brain and wasn't really as obnoxious as expected after growing up. Not bad.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote