AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 14 19.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 18.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 11.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-18, 17:55   Link #81
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Bale Masque's villains do need a lot more of development, I mean the villains from the previous seasons were trudely the kind of guys that you want to die in the next episode. The Friagne doll crazy in white suit, the Aizens (don't need to explain), Sabrac's coldness, etc. Right now I think that they have only done a good work with Sydonay (stealing Albert Wesker concept), but I still want to watch him going insane on some Flame Haze instead of being always laughing and taking everything like a joke. Since he can transforms into several non-human forms, they should use that a bit.
Old 2011-10-19, 01:30   Link #82
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Just when I thought that I was finally starting to understand how Yuji became the commander, Yuji is coming back to the city as the normal Yuji?
I hope that the following answer is allowed in this thread. Otherwise, please inform me and I shall delete this post.

Spoiler for Possible Answer To Your Question:
Old 2011-10-19, 01:39   Link #83
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Was finally able to watch it.
Looks like Yu Xuan's death was changed, but well she's not really that prominent compared to Shana and the others.
Stolas becomes really huge compared to his Second Season counterpart... scarier-looking too.
Lerajie and Orobas look good too.
WTF... was Pirsoyn really THIS cute?
Spoiler for img:

Also, WTF at Ribesal's height. He's like three times as tall as Yuji.

The story is still quite Bal Masqué-centered, but I'm sure Shana will be focused on next episode.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:23   Link #84
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
I like the idea of the changing voice, although I have to say that the SnH doesn't match the appearance of him
I'm having a really hard time associating that voice to that body.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-19, 06:41   Link #85
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Was finally able to watch it.
Looks like Yu Xuan's death was changed, but well she's not really that prominent compared to Shana and the others.
Stolas becomes really huge compared to his Second Season counterpart... scarier-looking too.
Lerajie and Orobas look good too.
WTF... was Pirsoyn really THIS cute?
Spoiler for img:

Also, WTF at Ribesal's height. He's like three times as tall as Yuji.

The story is still quite Bal Masqué-centered, but I'm sure Shana will be focused on next episode.
The non-humanoid Crimson Denizens', including Ribesal's design were done by Ishigaki Junya, mostly doing mechanic design (Gundam too).
Sample of his works
Old 2011-10-19, 07:13   Link #86
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wait what? O.o
Oh, so that's why Ribesal looks really Zaku-like in the anime series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-10-19, 08:13   Link #87
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

oh yeah!!! more bad arse yuuji plz!!!!
Old 2011-10-19, 11:57   Link #88
alvinkhorfire

1. First Difference:
Quote:
Spoiler for comparison to the novels:
Quote:
Looks like Yu Xuan's death was changed.
2. Second Difference:
Quote:
Spoiler for comparison to the novels:
@Marcus H.
Could you provide a brief description, explaining these two differences between novel and anime? I would like to know more about it. If it is not appropriate to be discussed here, please post it in spoiler or novel thread. Thanks.
Old 2011-10-19, 19:35   Link #89
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Answers to these questions can be found here.

Old 2011-10-19, 23:22   Link #90
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
I hope that the following answer is allowed in this thread. Otherwise, please inform me and I shall delete this post.

Spoiler for Possible Answer To Your Question:
I guess my main questions now, then, is whether if Yuji and Silver can trade places in controlling the body, which apparently seems to be the case.
Old 2011-10-20, 00:01   Link #91
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I guess my main questions now, then, is whether if Yuji and Silver can trade places in controlling the body, which apparently seems to be the case.
I know the answer but i cant say it here!!!

Go to the novel thread if you really want an answer to any spoilers
Old 2011-10-20, 01:10   Link #92
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, if you're an anime-only viewer and you want to know the answers to what happens next (and so ruin the surprise of finding out... ) it's better to go the novel thread and ask there. You can speculate in here all you want, but if you start asking questions, novel readers will be tempted to answer you, and they're explicitly forbidden from doing that. So, it's almost like you're setting a trap.

So yeah, thanks to the novel readers for redirecting people, but I just want to ask the anime-only viewers to go easy on them here too.
Old 2011-10-20, 10:09   Link #93
klare

so the "commander" still has Yuji inside of him, anyway cant wait to hear what is their "amibition"

the false alarm in the train is quite hopeless, actually how can a normal human able to run away?
Old 2011-10-20, 13:54   Link #94
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Reckoner, I am not sure of your opinion. Perhaps, you can suggest some ways to make the transition smoother.
There were certain conversations Yuiji was having in a dream like state before he was revealed as the new leader of Ball Masque. Expand those conversations, give them more clarity and meaning, and insert them into the episodes leading up to the conclusion of season 2 perhaps each time he goes to sleep. Have Yuiji contemplate the issues that have arisen a bit more, the setup of the current world, etc.

Not just a random disappearance at the end of the season. That would be a nice start for one thing.
Old 2011-10-20, 20:33   Link #95
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
There were certain conversations Yuiji was having in a dream like state before he was revealed as the new leader of Ball Masque. Expand those conversations, give them more clarity and meaning, and insert them into the episodes leading up to the conclusion of season 2 perhaps each time he goes to sleep. Have Yuiji contemplate the issues that have arisen a bit more, the setup of the current world, etc.

Not just a random disappearance at the end of the season. That would be a nice start for one thing.
The sad fact is that J.C. Staff screwed season 2 from that viewpoint and there is no way to change that. All they can do is to make some flashbacks on Yuji's memories and let us know what was happening while Hecate was playing to be a schoolgirl.

It's episode 2 and everyone is asking for explanations, but they can't just add everything that they skipped in a whole season in only 44 minutes or so.
Old 2011-10-21, 01:32   Link #96
Sakai Yuji
坂井 悠二

I feel so bad that I won't be able to see the third episode live today. Atleast I get to see it in good quality when I watch it for the first time.
Old 2011-10-25, 17:15   Link #97
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It's difficult to make on which the direction the storytelling is heading. This episode and the last one are full of plots, addressing a big question as to why Bal Masque's Supreme Commander (Sairei no Hebi) approached Yuuji, a Mystess, and actually used that Mystess to become its vessel.

Bel Peol herself was restraining her proper thoughts from turning into suspicions regarding the matters of her Commanders' taking on that vessel.

Since, the original stuff featured in the previous season practically messed up things in the anime regarding the transition on how Yuuji and the Commander made contact, I can't actually discern if this Yuuji's just a marionette and what remains of an empty shell used by the Commander, or if the thoughts of the original Yuuji got intertwined along with the existence of the Commander.
Closed Thread