AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-15, 23:34   Link #1001
Hisana
;p
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Okay..........so I assume no one took the hint that I STILL CAN'T ID the mystery track. I've checked, it's not on ANY of the discs. Anyone mind helping me out a bit more?
It's the first track of OST 1 (elegia) called "Overture". The part used in the trailer doesn't actually start until 2:12 of the entire song.
Old 2009-04-19, 22:22   Link #1002
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Okay..........so I assume no one took the hint that I STILL CAN'T ID the mystery track. I've checked, it's not on ANY of the discs. Anyone mind helping me out a bit more?
It's called Overture. First track of Elegia (1st Melodies OST). It starts midway through the song.
Old 2009-04-20, 12:33   Link #1003
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Yeah........real bad move on my part.....

Thanks.
Old 2009-04-30, 15:17   Link #1004
Somnus
Eh?

Alrighty, so I'm a little late to the party but I just finished watching the whole season of melodies. To sum up my thoughts:

- That teacher was broken, and was portrayed as such perfectly. Having said that, he couldn't go lower as a being of this Earth (I refuse to acknowledge him as a human) and I couldn't stand him being on my screen.

- Everything about Yuuko tore up my heart, what a great character. It was so hard watching her story unfold, and to watch it end the way it did.

- Yuu...he had his ups and downs, but the guy truly loved Yuuko and that definitely was something great to watch. Watching the scene on the roof at the end was extremely hard on me, as watching him restrain himself was the closest thing in a show to cause me to tear up...ever.

- Nagi...well, I liked her. Though she ultimately ended up as a side-character of sorts.

- Mizuki was cute, very cute. I liked the bright and cheerful personality she brought to the shows constant darkness.

- Kuze...his situation never really made me question the things he did. I also did enjoy him as a character, although overall I think he got overshadowed by the YuuxYuuko storyline in my eyes.

- I'm definitely a fan of the first season couples coming back, even if it was only for a little bit. Well...actually to be more accurate, I'm a fan of Miya x Hiro heh. Any additional screentime of those two was good screentime to me.

Overall, gotta love EF. Crazy visuals, and extremely in-depth thought processes and ideas if you care to dive deeper into this show. Though I must say, even with the infamous Miyako/Yuuko scenes the one that's going to stick with me the most is the rooftop scene of Melodies ep 12. It was just an unforgettable moment for me.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 09:30   Link #1005
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, been reading a few posts here and there, and while I have the entire series but have yet to watch it, I can already tell this series is going to hurt... but I suppose I need dark endings amongst my happy ones... besides, it actually makes for a good source of writing inspiration

and maybe it's just me, but one of these days, I'm going to figure out why anytime someone dies at the end of a series that is more or less self-sacrificing for their loved ones people call it "beautiful". To me, a death of a likable main character that is loved by others is just painful and sad, no matter how you do it. I absolutely cannot see the beauty in it.

But despite my complaining, I'm still watching it all, just to finish off the Ef series (and fortunately for me, I have other dramas with much happier endings awaiting me as well). I'll give a final opinion at the end of next week, when I'm free from school and can just marathon this

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 16:39   Link #1006
Sol Falling

Well, no. This might be a spoiler, but since you've already spoiled yourself into thinking ef has a 'dark ending', I think you won't mind: ef's ending isn't particularly dark at all. The 'dark' part of ef's story everybody is most likely referring to is Yuuko's death, which I think everybody would also agree was tragic and senseless and not beautiful at all. However, it was also a bit of a foregone conclusion, given that it was the story of Yuu and Yuuko's past. So you needn't be worried: as for the ending itself, you might be pleasantly surprised to discover that it is as happy/uplifting as that of ef - memories.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 16:43   Link #1007
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

eh, it can't be any worse than what TTGL did to me- finished that series off, and the last ten minutes left me numb for a while, before depression hit for a while

and with Yuu and Yuuko, I figure the way I'm going to survive that pairing is thinking of it as "they simply weren't meant to be"

as I said, final thoughts will come at the end of next week, when I have time to watch tons of anime

Old 2009-05-13, 09:53   Link #1008
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Well, no. This might be a spoiler, but since you've already spoiled yourself into thinking ef has a 'dark ending', I think you won't mind: ef's ending isn't particularly dark at all. The 'dark' part of ef's story everybody is most likely referring to is Yuuko's death, which I think everybody would also agree was tragic and senseless and not beautiful at all. However, it was also a bit of a foregone conclusion, given that it was the story of Yuu and Yuuko's past. So you needn't be worried: as for the ending itself, you might be pleasantly surprised to discover that it is as happy/uplifting as that of ef - memories.
Hm. I have to say that ef wasn't meant to be dark at first, at least in the VN. Only when it was 'ported' to anime that Shin Onuma made it really dark and sombre. Which, IMO works well too. Until the ep mentioned above where I think it might have been more moving, in part due to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VN
Spoiler for Yuuko's prayer:
It was the most epic moment, IMO, of the whole VN. For an idea of the VN's version, click here for a description.

In fact, i'm working on a fanfic on this version, what if Yuko
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2009-06-24, 19:20   Link #1009
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Doing some thread necro here... but I finally finished off the series... and overall, I'd have to give it about a 7.9/10. Mostly due to the sad/dark atmosphere of the entire series. Otherwise, it wasn't bad... though 10 hurt. It really hurt, at least for me, since I'm the type of guy who likes happy endings all around, and why romantic comedy animes are something I always look forward to.

But at least there was definite closure for everyone by the end... especially with Yuu. Even though Yuuko is no longer around, he still has all the others from the previous season, and as Mizuki commented, he's like a father (well, to her... so she might almost be something along the lines of the daughter he and Yuuko never got to have), especially with his idea of building a beautiful city. And he's going to keep moving forward... even with Yuuko gone, I admire how he's strong, and now seems less cold-hearted than he did before.

and if one thinks about it, he'll get to see Yuuko again. As they said in episode eleven, nothing lasts forever, everyone dies. So even though it may take quite a while, when his time comes, they'll be back together. Or at least, that's how I like to think of it

and now to go to my much more fun and light-hearted stuff... I can only take so much drama unless it ends like Clannad (which, after Kanon 2006, will probably be the next series I watch, along with After Story... and get my happy endings back)

Old 2009-08-06, 11:41   Link #1010
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I just got a question, Was she raped on Christmas Day only or was she constantly raped over the years?
Old 2009-08-06, 12:36   Link #1011
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

I think that she was first raped on Christmas Day, then continued to be raped afterwords...

Old 2009-08-26, 15:57   Link #1012
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Got a question. I'm halfway of episode 8, season 1.
Spoiler for Ep8 Season1:
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 08:56   Link #1013
Blitzfx

there's only one season. kind of misleading to say 'season 1'

Anyway, I think the plane is a reminder of what he learnt about yuuko after meeting her again and learning about what happened after he abandoned her in the orphanage and she left to live with the uh.. evil man
Blitzfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 01:58   Link #1014
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

FINALLY got around to watching this.

I didn't cry this much since Clannad AS.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I think that she was first raped on Christmas Day, then continued to be raped afterwords...
She was consistently raped, beaten, and abused anyway that monster was able to.
Old 2011-02-12, 11:06   Link #1015
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
and maybe it's just me, but one of these days, I'm going to figure out why anytime someone dies at the end of a series that is more or less self-sacrificing for their loved ones people call it "beautiful". To me, a death of a likable main character that is loved by others is just painful and sad, no matter how you do it. I absolutely cannot see the beauty in it.
I know.....too many such instances really.....but depending on the circumstances I wouldn't call it beautiful. More like tragic. And if it helps the surviving character live on, kinda happy I guess? Seeing that's what the other party wants...as in the original version of things.
Old 2011-02-15, 13:20   Link #1016
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I can see why some people say it's not as good as memories now. The shit hit the fan pretty quickly, and some of it was predictable.
I've always found that these two (Memories/Melodies) are best understood as one long series; as "Melodies" wraps up all the questions that "Memories" left hanging. Also, seen this way, "Melodies" flows pretty much as you would expect. Taken together, they are one of my favorite Anime.
Old 2011-02-15, 19:02   Link #1017
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
I've always found that these two (Memories/Melodies) are best understood as one long series; as "Melodies" wraps up all the questions that "Memories" left hanging. Also, seen this way, "Melodies" flows pretty much as you would expect. Taken together, they are one of my favorite Anime.
Melodies just wasn't the same for me. Maybe I expected too much. It did stir up my feelings a lot more though.
Old 2011-02-18, 10:20   Link #1018
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Melodies just wasn't the same for me. Maybe I expected too much. It did stir up my feelings a lot more though.
And that's why I say I liked Melodies more. Memories is nice to watch as a slow drama show, really dragging you in to the characters' stories but Melodies just ahs more impact overall. the ending could have been handled much better if they stayed true to the original but that still doesn't badly affect it too much
Old 2011-12-15, 11:58   Link #1019
Somnus
Eh?

I'm going to revive this topic yet again, but I just did a re-watch of the entire EF series. So good.

But man, that rooftop scene. THAT ROOFTOP SCENE. Tears were shed this time. Many, many tears.
Old 2011-12-21, 02:43   Link #1020
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I'm going to revive this topic yet again, but I just did a re-watch of the entire EF series. So good.

But man, that rooftop scene. THAT ROOFTOP SCENE. Tears were shed this time. Many, many tears.
Happens no matter how many times you watch it

Tags
drama, romance, shaft