AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2015-05-03, 08:25   Link #3101
apr
Pedestrian

There's also this thing coming out in a couple of weeks.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:49   Link #3102
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-face View Post
Ok, I'll correct you.

Nisio is busy writing third Okitegami Kyouko novel. No announcements for some new Densetsu sequels yet. Also he continues to write his second (if you'll count Aikawa Jun's Failure series - then third) spin-off to Zaregoto Series. There is already 4 stories in Mephisto Magazine and one was recently released in LN format. No news about Tsugimonogatari.

Buuuuut.
There is some weird trolling from Nisio since autumn. I don't know, maybe it's just a clever advertizing.
The thing is, he is constantly hinting that Okitegami Kyouko Series is actually spin-off to Monogatari Series. In a way, that Okitegami Kyouko-san is actually Hanekawa Tsubasa. One couldn't help but find striking resemblance between those two. Except for a breast size. According to reviews from Japanese readers there are a lot of hints to it.
Maybe, just maybe, this is secretly a spin-off?
Lol no.
Well you're right on the Aikawa Jun and Ningen series latest novels but Okitegami Kyouko is not Hanekawa, not even close.
They may have the same faces but both really have different personalities and to top that, Okitegami suffers from a serious amnesiac syndrome. She is hardly resembles Hanekawa besides her facial features (After reading the book, I hardly can imagine Horie's voice in Kyouko's image, it just doesn't come right after that 4th and 5th chapter).

Also Nisio just got a new manga tankoubon titled 大斬 released recently, too.
Okitegami Kyouko no Suisenbun just got released few days back,
so I am gonna continue reading more Nisio's bs for now.

By the way, where did you actually get/read about the hints by Nisio, as you claimed? I have been away from information regarding Nisio's books and news for quite sometime, tbh.

Last edited by shinyaNakagawa; 2015-05-03 at 14:00.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 14:00   Link #3103
apr
Pedestrian

Er, if I remember correctly, Kyouko has only suffered from weird amnesia for about 3 years, and she's 25 right now. It's not impossible to imagine she's "future" Hanekawa (who's 18-19 in Monogatari).

Add to that the extraordinary brilliance, the white hair, the glasses, the voice. Similarities abound.
Old 2015-05-03, 15:05   Link #3104
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Er, if I remember correctly, Kyouko has only suffered from weird amnesia for about 3 years, and she's 25 right now. It's not impossible to imagine she's "future" Hanekawa (who's 18-19 in Monogatari).

Add to that the extraordinary brilliance, the white hair, the glasses, the voice. Similarities abound.
Well, I'm not really sure though. I am just basing my hunch after getting the gist of Kyouko's mood swings the during the transition of the 4th and 5th chapter of the first book. Maybe we will get something in Suisenbun regarding that matter, also that mysterious note on the ceiling could also mean something.
Old 2015-05-03, 15:14   Link #3105
apr
Pedestrian

Yeah, I just got Suisenbun a few days ago, so I haven't had time to read it yet. Hopefully it continues to be good.
Old 2015-05-04, 03:56   Link #3106
Pi-face
Donut shop owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
By the way, where did you actually get/read about the hints by Nisio, as you claimed? I have been away from information regarding Nisio's books and news for quite sometime, tbh.
To tell you the truth - I got this info from the different sources. Usually from reader's reviews. A lot of them you can find here: http://bookmeter.com/b/4062194503 (but ofcourse that's not all, there are a lot of blogs with big reviews etc.) With help of my friends I was able to translate some of those.

It's hard to be a fan of Nisio's works and have almost no knowledge in Japanese. And there is so little of english translations. Really envy for those who can read his books. But have no time to study it. So only waiting for rare english translations, for now.

Old 2015-05-04, 04:41   Link #3107
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Thanks for the link though.
Spoiler:

And yeah, you should learn moon, take a slow step and you can read them to your heart's content later.
Old 2015-05-06, 08:34   Link #3108
Allen
メインヒロイン

Regarding this Kyouko = Hanekawa theory:

Spoiler for Last few pages of Suisenbun:

This was the only real hint this time. (Also this volume was pretty weak imo)
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 16:34   Link #3109
JudeLee6
Burning Dragon Master

Is there any info on Araragi Koyomi mountain bike? I'm asking because i just finished re watching Hanamonogatari. I feel like i missed something the anime cut off
JudeLee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-11, 05:59   Link #3110
Pi-face
Donut shop owner

New Heroine book is announced, there will be two new short stories from Nisio Isin.

Old 2015-06-12, 04:29   Link #3111
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-face View Post
New Heroine book is announced, there will be two new short stories from Nisio Isin.

What's wrong with Karen's eyebrows?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 07:29   Link #3112
Pi-face
Donut shop owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
What's wrong with Karen's eyebrows?
It's just Kanbaru-sensei's training
Old 2015-06-28, 05:23   Link #3113
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And now the [end] is near.
Storyboarder Hiroko Kazui, who did the storyboards for Monogatari Series Second Season, Tsukimonogatari and Hanamonogatari has added Owarimonogatari in her history of works page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroko Kazui's works for 2015, from official website
『幸腹グラフィティ』(コンテ[#5,12])
『Transformers: Robots in Disguise』(2Dエフェクト演出[#9,10,14,15,22,24,26])
『純潔のマリア』(原画[#1]),『ニセコイ』(コンテ[#3,#10/#12_Bパート])
物語シリーズ ファイナルシーズン『終物語』(コンテ)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 06:57   Link #3114
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
And now the [end] is near.
Storyboarder Hiroko Kazui, who did the storyboards for Monogatari Series Second Season, Tsukimonogatari and Hanamonogatari has added Owarimonogatari in her history of works page.
The fuck what about koyomimonogatari?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 09:18   Link #3115
Crossheart

If you think carefully, Koyomimonogatari is gonna be a pain to make anime, many short stories...
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 09:26   Link #3116
FelynxTiger
くすぐ

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
The fuck what about koyomimonogatari?
As long as they don't animate Owari 2 before Koyomi everything will be fine
FelynxTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 09:56   Link #3117
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yeah, Koyomi(ry is not gonna be easy to adopt considering that it contains twelve stories about Araragi. It's almost begging to be adopted into a 12 episode series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2015-06-29, 01:25   Link #3118
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
Well, I'm not really sure though. I am just basing my hunch after getting the gist of Kyouko's mood swings the during the transition of the 4th and 5th chapter of the first book. Maybe we will get something in Suisenbun regarding that matter, also that mysterious note on the ceiling could also mean something.
A little late but my two cents: Well there are few things that could be part of a huge troll here.

We know she went through intense mood swings because of accepting the Sawari Neko and Kako inside herself, but we never saw any other repurcussions to that. And this character has completely white hair. Perhaps the amnesia is a price she has to pay for it, and she made a new identity.

What would make it unbelievable is that none of her friends caught on to it. So it's very likely to be writer trolling.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 21:24   Link #3119
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Owarimonogatari Slated for October 2015

Old 2015-07-06, 21:40   Link #3120
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Will it be 1-cour covering only the 3 Owarimonogatari volumes or 2-cours covering all remaining 5 volumes?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance