AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-23, 00:21   Link #41
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
when Yuichi said he would marry Makoto in Kanon was he lying?

of course he was

but sometime white lies are necessary
Don't forget that Kanon is an adaptation of a visual novel, in which Yuiichi (the player) has a choice of five girls to fall in love with. On Makoto's route in the game, he does truly love Makoto, so we can't say that his promise to marry her is purely to put her heart at ease. He can't have the same love for her in the anime, simply because a guy loving five girls at the same time isn't what KyoAni wanted to do .

No, I don't believe Hinata was lying to Yui. His confession was rather abrupt, but even if he wouldn't really marry her, his love for her was probably real. He probably wouldn't marry her, but asking to go out with her isn't totally unrelated to any affection he may harbor for Yui. It's the thought that counts.
Old 2010-07-04, 14:24   Link #42
2-D
Your two-sided friend

I'm pretty sure that Hinata did really love Yui. Hinata might've once been in love with Yuri but he was over that.
Old 2010-10-16, 17:00   Link #43
Tsun Tsun Dere Dere
~Naoi Ayato Fangirl~

Hinata is definitely one of my favorite characters. Rather it be throwing seemingly gay comments at Otonashi, being belittled by Naoi, or his scenes with Yui, he's always such a great character!

So, I hear he's even more epic in the manga/novel? Must. Read. This.
Old 2010-10-16, 17:01   Link #44
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsun Tsun Dere Dere View Post
Hinata is definitely one of my favorite characters. Rather it be throwing seemingly gay comments at Otonashi, being belittled by Naoi, or his scenes with Yui, he's always such a great character!

So, I hear he's even more epic in the manga/novel? Must. Read. This.
Check the Manga thread, 3 people are working to translate it, and add it to pictures. He is defiantly awesome in the Manga
Old 2010-10-20, 00:57   Link #45
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

After reading Track Zero, Hinata's relationship with Yui feels out of place. It's touching to see how kind he is as well as how dynamic their relationship is, but it just feels awkward given his connection to Yuri.

So in the end, Yuri was left all alone. While she managed to settle (somewhat) her feelings of past inadequacy, there's no one really there for her intimately. It's saddening, personally.

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
Old 2010-10-21, 21:33   Link #46
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post
After reading Track Zero, Hinata's relationship with Yui feels out of place. It's touching to see how kind he is as well as how dynamic their relationship is, but it just feels awkward given his connection to Yuri.

So in the end, Yuri was left all alone. While she managed to settle (somewhat) her feelings of past inadequacy, there's no one really there for her intimately. It's saddening, personally.
It sorta is... But it does seem that Yuri gets some love in the manga at the moment... But still wished for Yuri to not be alone in the anime
Old 2011-08-28, 06:13   Link #47
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Ehh...I wouldn't say that. She moved on with everyone else no? True she may not be paired with anyone but at least she's contented...
Old 2013-01-20, 01:01   Link #48
Kudryavka

Hnata.

Your blue hair supercedes the ocean.
I am truly intuit in knowing the best of your baseball.
I hope you dont cut your hair again, that bb cut did not work for you.

My poem.
Old 2013-01-20, 19:27   Link #49
Lightning_Wing

Quote:
That's kinda what AB! is all about...