AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 75 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 12.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-30, 15:56   Link #81
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

I believe the subs have been released, rejoice!
Old 2006-05-30, 16:24   Link #82
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
I really really loved this episode, but I have mixed feelings about it's placement in the series. On one hand, it would seem somewhat anti-climatic after the end of the first volume of the novels and it was a well paced, leisurely slice of life episode (Surprised/embarrased Haruhi FTFW). But then again, it's shown nearly at the middle of the show. Thats like reading a book to the halfway mark with all the story threads starting to come together then just out of nowhere you decide to jump to the conclusion of the story and then there goes the feeling of any and all tension that the story trying to so hard to build up. Ah well, at least there was good Tsuruya air time this episode. ~~~~<3
Old 2006-05-30, 16:51   Link #83
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVaX
I really really loved this episode, but I have mixed feelings about its placement in the series...there goes the feeling of any and all tension that the story trying to so hard to build up....
I think it shows that the "story" is not that important, and the producers are not trying to build up tension. They want you to see that all seems to end well, before we get into some chapters that will apparently be weird and have some tension in them, if I read the hints (I avoid reading the actual spoilers) that have been thrown out here and there. We're supposed to hold that sweeter image of Haruhi and Kyon while we get into whatever is shown us next.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-05-30, 17:51   Link #84
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. A lot better than last week's at any rate. I gave it a 7. It would have been an 8, but no matter how much I like Yuki, I don't want to watch her read for 3+ minutes and the radio was not enough to carry the scene. Especially when I knew that in another part of the school Haruhi and Itsuki were taking pictures of Mikuru. Still, it was a solid episode and a nice look into the lives of the SOS dan when they aren't dealing with a major crisis like closed space, giant cave crickets, or hunting for aliens, umas, ect.
Old 2006-05-30, 18:00   Link #85
LCeh

Just noticed something: around the 10:30 mark, Haruhi said "Boon! These looping feelings!", which is part of the lyrics for the ED.
Old 2006-05-30, 18:01   Link #86
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Can anyone identify the collectible card game that Kyon and Itsuki were playing in this episode?
Old 2006-05-30, 18:06   Link #87
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
It sort of reminds me of Aquarian Age though I noticed some of the cards has images of Slayers.
Old 2006-05-30, 18:12   Link #88
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
you know, re-watching the episode, noticed when kyon woke up, he had two cardigans on.

Yuki-love-token FTW!

Edit: just watched the subs, ok, everyone can figure that one out.
Old 2006-05-30, 18:36   Link #89
FFSabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj
Can anyone identify the collectible card game that Kyon and Itsuki were playing in this episode?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-30, 18:46   Link #90
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Breaking away from Ever17 long enough to watch and comment about this episode. God, that game's so addictive.

After all those crazy things happenings, I guess ordinary events such as this episode is a nice break. I love the irony of what Kyon said; he said that whenever Haruhi barges in the door with news, its always bad news for him and Asahina. Well this time around, it seems they got off easy then. ^_^

Spoiler for Random ramblings about this episode:

Judging by what's left, there seems to be one more 'filler' arc, if the 'Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi' arc is at 6 episodes as most people believe. Hopefully, the filler is the one with the frog costume. Or maybe they would cram the 2 remaining arcs in an episode each? lol! XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2006-05-30, 19:00   Link #91
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
-I don't know if this was in the raw, but in AFK's version, the Scenario writer's name is highlited in green in the credits. Anyone got a clue why that was?
That was because Nagaru Tanigawa is the writer and creator of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Also, in the scene where you can see that one of Itsuki's cards is Lina Inverse and Naga, The White Serpent, who is the pink haired girl next to them? I'm sure I've seen her somewhere before...
And, who is next to Gourry representing Kyon's deck?

Oh, this episode earned a perfect 10 from me.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2006-05-30 at 19:16.
Old 2006-05-30, 19:12   Link #92
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Nice to know that the creator of Haruhi purposely put KyonXAsahina and KyonXSuzumiya scenes in this episode. What can I say? I like the idea that the creator is a romantic at heart. ^_^

And God, CrowKenobi, get another sig. Everytime I see it, I get the urge to load up the Meido Haruhi large pic lying around in my HDD, and it's driving me crazy! :P

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2006-05-30, 19:16   Link #93
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
you know, re-watching the episode, noticed when kyon woke up, he had two cardigans on.

Yuki-love-token FTW!
I'm actually a bit suprised Haruhi didn't get jealous, take Yuki's off Kyon, and then put her own over him. I'm sure she would have if it was Mikuru's.
Old 2006-05-30, 19:33   Link #94
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I'm actually a bit suprised Haruhi didn't get jealous, take Yuki's off Kyon, and then put her own over him. I'm sure she would have if it was Mikuru's.
What, and wake him up and ending her little oggle-fest at Kyon's sleeping form?

(Not to mention the pictures that she could've taken as well)

Oh, and DragoonKain3: Glad to be of service!
Old 2006-05-30, 19:36   Link #95
Hanatori
Yarr.

Thought it was a slightly boring ending... You'd think this series would go off with a bang, right? Well, this is a sweeter alternative. The last part of the episode was beautiful. The long Yuki scene was better the second time when I caught some references. Glad to see the side characters again, missed Tsuruya. Outstanding animation once again, though it's more subtle this time around because of the lack of action in the episode. Still, pretty good. Left me feeling satisfied.

Now for episode... four? o_o Going back to Yuki's "I'm an alien" confrontation... long time no see.
Old 2006-05-30, 20:01   Link #96
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori
Thought it was a slightly boring ending... You'd think this series would go off with a bang, right?
But we are finishing off with a bang.

That was the whole point of the episode shuffle.
Old 2006-05-30, 20:16   Link #97
Seyluun

This episode comes at the right time, after some quite eventfuls stand alones and just before the big show. I liked it thoroughly for what it was, a bittersweet reminder than even in SOS-dan not all days are filled with chaos and life-or-death situations. Plus, it opens wide the path for a second season...
Old 2006-05-30, 20:33   Link #98
tritoch

Kyon x Haruhi for the win.
Old 2006-05-30, 21:15   Link #99
Hanatori
Yarr.

Yes, well, the episode shuffle does make you think about the sequence of the episodes, but it's not quite the bang that makes you go "OMG, what just happened? 'Cuz that was the coolest thing ever!" Since I'm already used to the shuffle, it's just a natural part of the anime now. ^^;

Hey, I'm not complaining, I was just expecting something else... but this ending's fine with me.
Old 2006-05-30, 21:16   Link #100
arcticphoenix16

goddamnit yuki, MOVE YOUR HEAD!! I wanna seeeee

why was haruhi THAT close to kyon's sleeping face?

did anyone catch that part of the radio where a male voice says "SAY SAY SAY"?? It sounded HardGay to me.
Closed Thread