AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 20:54   Link #101
Hata
時の異邦人

Rasmus Faber

consider how much a fan I am with ACG (including Negima) and music (including Jazz), quite inexcusable for how long I lag behind others not knowing this, (3 years?) but only yesterday I get to watch this, so indulge me if I am posting old news for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuf4a8vUNGg

the keyword is platinajazz
http://www.youtube.com/user/platinajazz

and about this version of Happy Materials, in his own words. (the interview was a good read.)

Quote:
Q: Of all the songs you and your team had to arrange, which one was the most difficult and what about it made it so difficult?
A: I must say the most difficult ones are the ones that were already quite close to the musical ideals we were aiming for. Songs by Yoko Kanno, Joe Hisaishi and Ryuichi Sakamoto where already so masterfully arranged that we had to work really hard to make any improvement in a good way. One of my favourite songs, “Aimo Aimo,” was one of the hardest of the latest volume, simply because the original version is so good!
It was much easier to transform a speedy techno-ish track like “Hare Hare Yukai” or “Happy Material,” because wherever you decide to take it, it will be monumentally different from the original.
http://blog.animeinstrumentality.net...-rasmus-faber/

conclusion, I wasn't wrong in dislike the original, Happy Materials really wasn't my style in the first place until the transformation.

Last edited by Hata; 2012-03-26 at 15:54.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 05:55   Link #102
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
conclusion, I wasn't wrong in dislike the original, Happy Happy Materials really wasn't my style in the first place until the transformation.
I never really cared for that OP either, but for someone to make a jazz cover of the song. *lol* (I was in a jazz band for four years, so I certainly liked the cover version.) Thanks for the share. ^_^

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 15:58   Link #103
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
I was in a jazz band for four years
really? I am impressed, which instrument you play? playing an instrument rank right up there in my childhood dream with being a pro baseball player.

in case you can't tell from Youtube, there are lot's of Jazz cover of Anime songs, but this one is from the pro. nothing amateurish about them,

I do wonder if the band members had seen the anime shows the songs were from? or if they have listen to the original before, the leader and writer knew of course, but the rest of them…

the latest hot song is of course Nisemonogatori's Platinum Disco, and a Taiwanese did an Erhu (ancient Chinese music instrument of only 2 strings) version on Youtube, that together with the India bollywood version, the drum machine version, the computer version, etc. but this has nothing to do with Negima...
Old 2012-03-28, 22:41   Link #104
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
really? I am impressed, which instrument you play? playing an instrument rank right up there in my childhood dream with being a pro baseball player.
Trombone. I haven't played in YEARS, but I still have my instrument. ^_^ Jazz band was always a lot of fun, since we did gigs and the like. Marching band was also good and symphonic band was OK. After six years of total playing, I was burned out of playing. I could have been in my college jazz band, but decided not to bother.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote