AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-25, 15:29   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
are you saying that it's hard to make good anime from Force or that it's horrible in terms of story
Putting aside the unfair reaction to a male protagonist- Force has made some alot of questionable decisions in it's plot progression; you only need to talk to the guys at the Nanoha manga SF to get the full list... Which they pretty much compile and recompile every scan release.

Quote:
And what's wrong with yuri-bait. I really dislike all this NanoFate fanpairing but I don't mind yuri in Nanoha in general. And I think most of fans don't mind it too. Watching and reading Nanoha for me was more enjoyable than looking on Touma's girl-punching and tsundere Mikoto and Index antics. Maybe New Testament is better but I reaklly don't like Raildex much.
Difference- Nanoha sacrificed their good story telling for it; just like Dog Days they have a wonderful setting full of potential but instead chooses to squander that potential in doing fluffy carebear stuff in favor of more yuribait because it's safe and you can't go wrong.

Raildex capitalizes on it's settings and keeps throwing out new and fresh ideas, romcom has always been second place and the fanservice is not the focus.
Old 2012-11-25, 15:39   Link #42
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
I personally like that Nanoha and others didn't left eternal lolis like it happens in all other maho-shojo shows. I prefer than the story progresses and characters became more mature.
It really is not that big of a deal that Nanoha and the others grew up, I hardly have complaints about the show. If I were to complain, those two things I mentioned earlier would be it. The main problem for me though is the lack of focus on previous main characters.

Just imagine it, Dog Days progresses in time the same way that Nanoha did. Now I'm not saying it will be the same, but just take it for an example. Less Milhi, less Hina and Yuki, less Leo, less Rico, etc. etc. All for the sake of putting focus on new characters. I certainly would not like that kind of progression. I like the characters I learned about, and there are already so many.

Personally, Nanoha's, Fate's, and Hayate's loli form didn't really do much for me. But in Dog Days, it's all about the cuteness + fanservice. Changing that winning formula would receive backlash IMO.
Old 2012-11-25, 15:44   Link #43
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Raildex has a lot of unlikable characters for me. from the main cast only Accelerator is likeble for me personally. Not to mention typical "shonenish" conclusions every time Touma takes the lead in the arc. While Nanoha has a lot of likable characters and it don't looks so much like shounen trying to be sci-fi.

Tastes differ. I didn't read the Force yet so I won't be talking about it but I don't see how other parts of Nanoha is "sacrificing the plot for yuri bait". While Index is "sacrificing the plot for shounen fancervise"
Old 2012-11-25, 16:02   Link #44
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Raildex has a lot of unlikable characters for me. from the main cast only Accelerator is likeble for me personally. Not to mention typical "shonenish" conclusions every time Touma takes the lead in the arc. While Nanoha has a lot of likable characters and it don't looks so much like shounen trying to be sci-fi.

Tastes differ. I didn't read the Force yet so I won't be talking about it but I don't see how other parts of Nanoha is "sacrificing the plot for yuri bait". While Index is "sacrificing the plot for shounen fancervise"

Seriously? You're pulling the shounen card on me when Nanoha is the poster child for friendship through violence and every encounter results in acquiring twice the amount of friends they had at the start? When magic girls start to become mecha girls and SRW references piles higher each time? When the characters get so power-up the villains now need cheap haxx abilities to fight on even ground? All to make time for the next bath scene?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-25 at 16:36.
Old 2012-11-25, 16:11   Link #45
Dr. Casey

Quote:
I personally like that Nanoha and others didn't left eternal lolis like it happens in all other maho-shojo shows. I prefer than the story progresses and characters became more mature. And I really don't see the problem with changing focus to the new cast if they are interesting enough and old ones still have descent role in the plot
Good post.

But really guys, why are we having a silly and slightly heated argument? Dog Days season 3 was announced, the world just became a more beautiful place.
Old 2012-11-25, 16:13   Link #46
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Do I need to remind everyone that this is the DD S3 thread?

Do I have to point out that we do have entire sub-forums dedicated to Nanoha and Index?

If it is needed, a studio thread can be created in the General Anime forum...

Plus, there are two social groups for your off-topic discussing pleasure.

Thank you.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Dog Days season 3 was announced, the world just became a more beautiful place.
Quoted for truth!
Old 2012-11-25, 16:15   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Good post.

But really guys, why are we having a silly and slightly heated argument? Dog Days season 3 was announced, the world just became a more beautiful place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
EDIT: Quoted for truth!

My apologies, I've got carried away

*off-topic dropped*
Old 2012-11-25, 16:27   Link #48
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Sorry I got carried away too. Just don't like than people criticize animes from my personal Top-5.
Old 2012-11-25, 16:42   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Anyway, moving back on to Dog Days- I have no shortage of negativity for it as well

I expect it to be more of the same thing; they already have a fanbase that doesn't require much to satisfy, no reason to suddenly change the formula.

Quite frankly, even I'm surprised at how long I've followed the second season
Old 2012-11-25, 17:12   Link #50
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Although I'm not watching this show thanks to Koyasu, I wonder if they're playing too much Street Fighter 2 lately?

What's next, "Super Dog Days" and "Super Dog Days X" as the 4th and 5th Seasons' respective titles?
Old 2012-11-25, 17:16   Link #51
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

finish s1. a sweat and cute stuff. both in story and appearance :3.

thought the happy end is kinda deus ex machina. but oh well.

onward to s2

Old 2012-11-25, 17:19   Link #52
sky black swordman

YESSSSS!!!! I knew this was going to get another season.
Rejoice Loli fans!! (I am not one -_- )

And to those who(And you know who you are) said this was not going get another season, it's time to eat your words.
Old 2012-11-25, 17:34   Link #53
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

have some fanart

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-11-25, 18:29   Link #54
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Well I guess you can count me in for either a time-skip, demon threat, or a combination of those.
Imagine a time-skipped Nanami. Then she uses a hero/demon crystal. She'll transform into Nana Mizuki herself! Milhi might even get the chance to do a duet!

IT WILL BE THE GREATEST CONCERT FLONYARD WILL EVER HAVE IN ITS ENTIRE EXISTENCE!!!

Other than that...I wonder what it will officially be called.

EDIT: Oh I also hope that we get a chance to see some of our beloved cast turn to actual furballs... and hopefully nothing strange like that transformation scene.
Old 2012-11-25, 18:46   Link #55
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Imagine a time-skipped Nanami. Then she uses a hero/demon crystal. She'll transform into Nana Mizuki herself! Milhi might even get the chance to do a duet!
Well that and adult Rico is what I want did Rebecca also change into adult form in the last season? I didn't see many difference in her design in the episode when she tried to save her princess..

Old 2012-11-25, 18:52   Link #56
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Well that and adult Rico is what I want did Rebecca also change into adult form in the last season? I didn't see many difference in her design in the episode when she tried to save her princess..
I already stated that in the season 2 thread when someone else asked. She's taller and has some faint lipstick. It's easily noticeable when you compare her (new) height to Cou.
Old 2012-11-25, 19:36   Link #57
Hakumen
Sankishin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...That really didn't take long.[/I]
Indeed. I've heard the sales were good, but I didn't expect another season will be announced this soon. More Yuki and the other cast is always good. I hope they make good use of that body swap skill she was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So long Nanoha franchise !
Huh, what's that?
Old 2012-11-25, 20:14   Link #58
Freeter
beyond

Not surprised in the least bit. They knew they already had a hit on their hands and phoned in season 2.

Heck, I'm just waiting for the inevitable movie announcement so they can shove more Milhi concert CD ads in our faces
Old 2012-11-25, 20:24   Link #59
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Dog Days 3 announced! And the name will be... Dog Days&
Or perhaps Dog Days%... or Dog Days§... who knows

Anyway, I think having the girls being a little bit older would be a good idea, but not too much.

Seeing that the second season was a great improvement over the first, perhaps the third will be even better?

Let's vote on which animals they'll introduce next. Tough, as there aren't much small, cute ones left... so perhaps take something original... How about an armadillo? Or an ant eater?

Old 2012-11-25, 21:20   Link #60
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Ant eaters...? We already have canines/felines + rabbits + squirrels for land based animals! Either a bird or fish/aquatic kingdom should be next.
Seeing a war against aquatic animals (or demons!) would be interesting i guess...

Galette kingdom getting waged war on from a fish kingdom about their smaller "cousins" getting devoured by...well Galette's population of cat people would be funny to see.

Personally I'd rather stick with the current cast and see what awaits them in their future.
It's already pretty big anyway...wouldn't mind seeing more spotlight spread out for others. *wishes for more screen time for the generals*

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shounen, sports